All Categories

New Event

New Event

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 21, 2017, 11:4703/21/17
01/19/15

New Event

Hey Plarium ! Persian's new Year holiday (NowRooz) just started yesterday ! and i want to ask can we have a event for it or not ?

Regards . 

LV.
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 21, 2017, 14:0603/21/17
10/31/14
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 21, 2017, 14:2303/21/17
10/04/13
Venga said:

Hey Plarium ! Persian's new Year holiday (NowRooz) just started yesterday ! and i want to ask can we have a event for it or not ?

Regards . 

LV.
Well if it started yesterday it's too late now.  It takes Plarium a while to get a new event planned and designed.  Maybe next year. 
Mar 22, 2017, 13:4303/22/17
03/01/16
Lords and Ladies, not all holidays are celebrated in the game by launching special events.
Mar 23, 2017, 08:2503/23/17
07/25/15
Eugenia Misura said:

Lords and Ladies, not all holidays are celebrated in the game by launching special events.
and that is why festivities and such should been created in relation to the game lore, and not related to real world holidays and events, because you got players from every walk of life, religion and such. Something you might seem as trivial event, might offend others. 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 23, 2017, 09:4103/23/17
09/17/15

Gadheras said:

and that is why festivities and such should been created in relation to the game lore, and not related to real world holidays and events, because you got players from every walk of life, religion and such. Something you might seem as trivial event, might offend others. 

We're always very careful with picking the Holidays for in-game celebration. We choose the most common and recognized events that are celebrated by most of our players.

Unfortunately, some players may get offended, that's true. but we do everything possible to avoid that. Also, all our Holiday events are optional. If someone doesn't want to join the celebration, they may continue playing as usual ;)

Mar 23, 2017, 09:4903/23/17
07/25/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Gadheras said:

We're always very careful with picking the Holidays for in-game celebration. We choose the most common and recognized events that are celebrated by most of our players.

Unfortunately, some players may get offended, that's true. but we do everything possible to avoid that. Also, all our Holiday events are optional. If someone doesn't want to join the celebration, they may continue playing as usual ;)

If you look back into medieval times, there was a lot of festivities and such that was not related to religion or any such, but rather the time of year. Spring (birth) fall, (harvest) and so on... or at least a lot of examples that could fall closer into the lore of the game, rather than have xmas trees and all kinda crap break imersion....
Mar 23, 2017, 10:1103/23/17
10/31/14

Gadheras said:

So you do everything possible to make sure that everyone of African and Asian descend is offended, by choosing a Caucasian Holidays, and make sure that you will do everything possible to not avoid offending those player. While doing everything possble to make sure notto offend players of Christian Caucasian religion. 

And those players that you make it so hard to log into the game must make sure they play everyday to get offended. These is the best reply I have ever heard.  
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 23, 2017, 14:0903/23/17
10/04/13

Oracle said:

Gadheras said:

So you do everything possible to make sure that everyone of African and Asian descend is offended, by choosing a Caucasian Holidays, and make sure that you will do everything possible to not avoid offending those player. While doing everything possble to make sure notto offend players of Christian Caucasian religion. 

And those players that you make it so hard to log into the game must make sure they play everyday to get offended. These is the best reply I have ever heard. 

In my experience the majority of players do seem to be American, European, or Australian, so it makes sense Plarium would do events for holidays that most players celebrate. 

I think at one point they had a tournament for Chinese new year, could be mistaken though. 

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 23, 2017, 14:1003/23/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Gadheras said:

If you look back into medieval times, there was a lot of festivities and such that was not related to religion or any such, but rather the time of year. Spring (birth) fall, (harvest) and so on... or at least a lot of examples that could fall closer into the lore of the game, rather than have xmas trees and all kinda crap break imersion....
I'm still waiting for an Oberon's birthday pvp tournament.
Mar 24, 2017, 00:5103/24/17
01/19/15

Eugenia Misura said:

its ok ! but u know i really dont know most of this holidays you guys celebrating in game ! I just wanted to have my holiday in my favo browser game ! its not a big deal ! 
And yes its too late :)
Mar 24, 2017, 09:3903/24/17
10/31/14

Venga said:

Eugenia Misura said:

its ok ! but u know i really dont know most of this holidays you guys celebrating in game ! I just wanted to have my holiday in my favo browser game ! its not a big deal ! 
And yes its too late :)

Denied, plarium reserved the right to not celebrate a minority holiday :)

Mar 24, 2017, 09:4203/24/17
Mar 24, 2017, 09:42(edited)
10/31/14
BiohazarD said:

Oracle said:

Gadheras said:

In my experience the majority of players do seem to be American, European, or Australian, so it makes sense Plarium would do events for holidays that most players celebrate. 

I think at one point they had a tournament for Chinese new year, could be mistaken though. 

A great community is not build on honoring and entitling its majority, but at how well it tries to compromise its living standards to accomodateits minority. 
Mar 24, 2017, 12:5203/24/17
09/17/15
Oracle said:

A great community is not build on honoring and entitling its majority, but at how well it tries to compromise its living standards to accomodateits minority. 
Celebrating no Holidays at all is not an option ;)
Mar 24, 2017, 13:0003/24/17
04/10/15

Dear Lords

at seems someone could be offended to celebrate tournaments for some kind of hollidays and the other part could be offended if not i could propose from the bottom of my heart that from now and till the end of times no more tournaments could be celebrated in our realm of Stormfall

i think that with this nobody could be offended. 

so lets stop all celebrations to avoid ofendings.

:p

Mar 24, 2017, 13:5603/24/17
Mar 27, 2017, 08:28(edited)
07/25/15

Oracle said:

Celebrating no Holidays at all is not an option ;)
you can create your own in the spirit and lore of the game. Like if I play a game I got no need to celebrate xmas in the game, if there is xmas in the rl. Neither halloween and all kind of other , that is just a excuse to sell us more  to put in castles to flash.
Mar 27, 2017, 08:2903/27/17
09/17/15
Gadheras said:

you can create your own in the spirit and lore of the game. Like if I play a game I got no need to celebrate xmas in the game, if there is xmas in the rl. Neither halloween and all kind of other , that is just a excuse to sell us more  to put in castles to flash.
I've got your point. but please, refrain from using "c" words in your comments.  ;)
Mar 27, 2017, 22:5203/27/17
02/11/15

I've been reading comments for the past few months coming particularly from Oracle and especially in regards to Multicultural/Multinational/Multi-Multi-Ethnic/Multi-Spiritual contributions and conditions in this forum and in this game.

I have to agree with Plarium Developers in this matter.  I'm an an theologian and have completed on my own personal website soon to be published complete Theogenies of every world religion from pre-history to modern times.  In the process I've also discovered that if you were to correspond to all world religion and ethnicity it would require a holiday every day of every month for the entire year.  Beleive it or not folks there's a holiday that applies on every day.

Therefore:

Utilizing the Gregorian Calender/ Roman calendar system and those holidays that were contrived by Emperor Constantine in 625 CE for the Unification of The three Primary Religions of the time period and appeasement of same would be most appropriate.  

Those holidays being the following

Spring Solstice (Easter) - Which corresponds with Passover

Yuletide (Christmas) - Corresponding with Hannukhah

Halloween- (Samhain)  

WHich are almost world celebrated being the common holidays.

and Midsummer (summer Solstice)

These are the most common Holidays.  Celebrated worldwide and through most religions call them whatever name you choose.

And for those who haven't got their religion/ethnicity represented quit whining about it already Sheesh.

I"m Pagan BTW and have none of mine actually represented as they are meant to be presented but you don't hear me whining.

TAMERIN

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 28, 2017, 15:5503/28/17
10/04/13
Tamerin said:

I've been reading comments for the past few months coming particularly from Oracle and especially in regards to Multicultural/Multinational/Multi-Multi-Ethnic/Multi-Spiritual contributions and conditions in this forum and in this game.

I have to agree with Plarium Developers in this matter.  I'm an an theologian and have completed on my own personal website soon to be published complete Theogenies of every world religion from pre-history to modern times.  In the process I've also discovered that if you were to correspond to all world religion and ethnicity it would require a holiday every day of every month for the entire year.  Beleive it or not folks there's a holiday that applies on every day.

Therefore:

Utilizing the Gregorian Calender/ Roman calendar system and those holidays that were contrived by Emperor Constantine in 625 CE for the Unification of The three Primary Religions of the time period and appeasement of same would be most appropriate.  

Halloween- (Samhain)  

These are the most common Holidays.  Celebrated worldwide and through most religions call them whatever name you choose.

And for those who haven't got their religion/ethnicity represented quit whining about it already Sheesh.

I"m Pagan BTW and have none of mine actually represented as they are meant to be presented but you don't hear me whining.

TAMERIN

"Complete theologies of every world religion from pre history to modern times"?  Somehow I get the feeling you missed a few (considering that there are thousands of different religions). 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 28, 2017, 15:5603/28/17
10/04/13

Gadheras said:

I've got your point. but please, refrain from using "c" words in your comments.  ;)
But "comments" is a "c" word :(
Mar 28, 2017, 16:0103/28/17
12/18/14

Tamerin said:

Therefore:

Halloween- (Samhain)  

TAMERIN

OMG do not offend the Christians out there!!! kidding :)  

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.