All Categories

spring xp tourney????

spring xp tourney????

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 8, 2017, 13:1303/08/17

spring xp tourney????

and here i was thinking the plarium was a 'global' thing - work it out you lot --- 50% of the world population live south of the equator so the seasons align themselves the other way to how they do above the equator

so please do a 'season' tourney and don't dictate which one it should be - this one p'd me off and countless other thousands of other gamers

hopefully you will fix it - doubt it though

moon ;)

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 8, 2017, 14:0203/08/17
Mar 8, 2017, 14:03(edited)
10/31/14

They have to put it out there so evryone knows and see it, and feel it. They only care about Eastern Europe and USA. 

''Hey why not buy some ice dragons, we know where you live is summer now, and they will probably melt, but here go ahead''

''Hey here have some spring tournament, we know its Autumn where you live, and flowers are dying. But please have these''

Then they is Halloween tournament and Christmas tournament. they don't care that 1/4 of the world is Christians, and 3/4 of the world population are Muslims. That is Plarium for you. 

These is a generous offer though. PIty I won't buy as they ruined my day. Spring in Autumn. Winter in summer.

Mar 10, 2017, 14:4003/10/17
03/01/16
Lords, usually all Special Tournaments are released to some special ocaasions, like Winter Holidays and so on. 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 11, 2017, 06:3203/11/17
10/04/13

moonstone2548 said:

and here i was thinking the plarium was a 'global' thing - work it out you lot --- 50% of the world population live south of the equator so the seasons align themselves the other way to how they do above the equator

so please do a 'season' tourney and don't dictate which one it should be - this one p'd me off and countless other thousands of other gamers

hopefully you will fix it - doubt it though

moon ;)

Where did you get that number?  The truth is approximately 90% of the total population lives in the northern hemisphere.  The majority of the land mass is above the equator, as are all of the most populous countries. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/90-of-people-live-in-the-northern-hemisphere-2012-5

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 11, 2017, 06:3703/11/17
Mar 11, 2017, 06:40(edited)
10/04/13

Oracle said:

They have to put it out there so evryone knows and see it, and feel it. They only care about Eastern Europe and USA. 

''Hey why not buy some ice dragons, we know where you live is summer now, and they will probably melt, but here go ahead''

''Hey here have some spring tournament, we know its Autumn where you live, and flowers are dying. But please have these''

Then they is Halloween tournament and Christmas tournament. they don't care that 1/4 of the world is Christians, and 3/4 of the world population are Muslims. That is Plarium for you. 

These is a generous offer though. PIty I won't buy as they ruined my day. Spring in Autumn. Winter in summer.

What world do you live in where 3/4 of the population are Muslim?   You do realize there are other religions besides christianity and islam right?

Christianity is statistically the most common religion, so I guess it makes sense that plarium would mostly do events for christian holidays (not that I would mind if they did events for some other religions holidays).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations

Besides, halloween isn't specifically a christian holiday. 
Mar 11, 2017, 09:1303/11/17
10/31/14

BiohazarD said:

What world do you live in where 3/4 of the population are Muslim?   You do realize there are other religions besides christianity and islam right?

Christianity is statistically the most common religion, so I guess it makes sense that plarium would mostly do events for christian holidays (not that I would mind if they did events for some other religions holidays).

I am an atheist, so yeah I am pretty much away of the flying spaghetti religion, and being African, I am aware of Rock, and sandals worshiping religion(NOT). 

there are over 1 billion people in Africa, 75% of the country to the north are Muslim countries, and some in the East. Statistically speaking, most Islam is the other major religion in Africa alongside Christianity with 47% of the population being Muslim, accounting for 1/4 of the world's Muslim population. in simplicity, half of the people in Africa are Muslims, that is over 500 mil people. 

Halloween is not historically a Christian religion, but 85% of the people who practice it now are christian, or live in a christian county. that makes it a christian  holiday to me.

But the argument here is that Plarium should offer tournament and holidays in regard to geographic location. Why would I want to celebrate spring, when its not spring, Why would I want to buy an ice dragon, when its not winter. 

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 11, 2017, 20:2403/11/17
10/04/13

Oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

I am an atheist, so yeah I am pretty much away of the flying spaghetti religion, and being African, I am aware of Rock, and sandals worshiping religion(NOT). 

there are over 1 billion people in Africa, 75% of the country to the north are Muslim countries, and some in the East. Statistically speaking, most Islam is the other major religion in Africa alongside Christianity with 47% of the population being Muslim, accounting for 1/4 of the world's Muslim population. in simplicity, half of the people in Africa are Muslims, that is over 500 mil people. 

Halloween is not historically a Christian religion, but 85% of the people who practice it now are christian, or live in a christian county. that makes it a christian  holiday to me.

But the argument here is that Plarium should offer tournament and holidays in regard to geographic location. Why would I want to celebrate spring, when its not spring, Why would I want to buy an ice dragon, when its not winter. 

I suppose it would be possible to offer different tournaments and sales to people in different countries.  Of course, I did read a thread just a few weeks ago from some guy complaining because he thought people in other countries got better deals, so not sure how well organizing things by country would go over with players. 

Maybe buy an ice dragon and dunk him in your drink to keep it cold :P
Mar 15, 2017, 16:3703/15/17

My Lords,

why do you find even an benign title offending? Albert Einstein was asked when entering an U.S. "How do you declare?". I'm an human, Einstein said. I respect everyone, each nation, religion etc. Really, differences are making us richer. 

BTW, this is a game. Not a reali life.
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 16, 2017, 07:1103/16/17
10/04/13
Nemanja said:

My Lords,

why do you find even an benign title offending? Albert Einstein was asked when entering an U.S. "How do you declare?". I'm an human, Einstein said. I respect everyone, each nation, religion etc. Really, differences are making us richer. 

BTW, this is a game. Not a reali life.
Besides, if Plarium did an event for every holiday in every country/religion, things would get a bit crazy :P
Mar 18, 2017, 04:0703/18/17
05/14/16

All righty then....

Mar 18, 2017, 08:1803/18/17
Mar 18, 2017, 08:18(edited)
10/31/14

As a plarium customer, I deserve to be treated with the same equality, as offered to everyone in the game. 

Scrab them bring back the old global quests, and we will all be happy.

I wonder what is next celebration of Trump Birthday, The Queens dog birthday tournament, Or Putin wedding universary tournament. 

Mar 18, 2017, 17:5703/18/17
12/18/14

Oracle said:

As a plarium customer, I deserve to be treated with the same equality, as offered to everyone in the game. 

I wonder what is next celebration of Trump Birthday, The Queens dog birthday tournament, Or Putin wedding universary tournament. 

would I complain if they had a tournament to recognize Kwanzaa? No. Would it make me feel inferior if they did? No. Do you really feel wronged by the name of a tournament on an online game? Do I demand that Plarium celebrate Canada Day or maybe National Aboriginal Day because that celebrates my ancestry in Canada ..... do I feel inferior because they don't recognize this on a GAME?  No.  

Mar 19, 2017, 00:4303/19/17
05/14/16

I for one am upset that there are no transgender troops.

Personally I identify as a shin guard, but that's another subject.

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 19, 2017, 07:1603/19/17
10/04/13

GoGo Knightmare said:

I for one am upset that there are no transgender troops.

Personally I identify as a shin guard, but that's another subject.

Female dwarves have beards too :P

Mar 20, 2017, 09:1003/20/17
Mar 20, 2017, 09:15(edited)
10/31/14

Jezebel said:

Oracle said:

would I complain if they had a tournament to recognize Kwanzaa? No. Would it make me feel inferior if they did? No. Do you really feel wronged by the name of a tournament on an online game? Do I demand that Plarium celebrate Canada Day or maybe National Aboriginal Day because that celebrates my ancestry in Canada ..... do I feel inferior because they don't recognize this on a GAME?  No.  

What is Kwanzaa?

3 question, Yes, hell, YES. 

I am not upset that they don't recognize my heritage, I am upset, that on the contrary they recognize a holiday that has nothing to do with the game. Remember the story line of the game?, Weor has nothing to do with Finish, and he sure don't celebrate Finish holidays. I for one will not mind if these just becomes a game, and thus independent from the real world. I don't care weather I am playing with Trump, or Putin, I care that they come to the game and declare real life war to each other, and threaten to nuke each other.

We are supposed to forget about our real life prblem, that most Africans have been massacred, that a boom just donated and killed 8 Muslims, that some guy somewhere in Canada is abusing an Aboriginal.  

I don't want to come to the game and be reminded that I have cancer, that I am divorced, that I was dumped, that I am single, ect. MMORPG, are supposed to be an imaginative reality, independent of reality.

Coming here and being reminded of the past colonization period.  
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 20, 2017, 12:0203/20/17
09/17/15

Guys, St. Patrick's day is celebrated in most of the countries where the majority of our players lives. It's one of the international holidays, even though it originally comes from Ireland. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to celebrate all Holidays in our games. There are so many cool holidays in each country, each religion, each culture. Of course we understand that you would be happy if we celebrated some of your National Holidays as well. But that is impossible. Each day would turn into a Holiday then, and each day we would have dozens of Holidays :) So we picked some of the most recognizable Holidays and dedicated our Special events, giveaways and Tournaments to those :)

And as always, we will be happy to hear your feedback about each one of them :) 
Mar 20, 2017, 16:0403/20/17
Mar 20, 2017, 16:04(edited)
12/18/14

Oracle said:

Jezebel said:

Oracle said:

What is Kwanzaa?

3 question, Yes, hell, YES. 

I am not upset that they don't recognize my heritage, I am upset, that on the contrary they recognize a holiday that has nothing to do with the game. Remember the story line of the game?, Weor has nothing to do with Finish, and he sure don't celebrate Finish holidays. I for one will not mind if these just becomes a game, and thus independent from the real world. I don't care weather I am playing with Trump, or Putin, I care that they come to the game and declare real life war to each other, and threaten to nuke each other.

We are supposed to forget about our real life prblem, that most Africans have been massacred, that a boom just donated and killed 8 Muslims, that some guy somewhere in Canada is abusing an Aboriginal.  

I don't want to come to the game and be reminded that I have cancer, that I am divorced, that I was dumped, that I am single, ect. MMORPG, are supposed to be an imaginative reality, independent of reality.

Coming here and being reminded of the past colonization period.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa  

if people cannot take a game for what it is then its time to step away from the computer ... just sayin 

being offended as you claim to be means you are focusing negative energy on something that does not matter or affect anyone in real life if you claim that is does then I think you need a reality check and if this game affects you that much then quit playing

Mar 20, 2017, 16:2303/20/17
12/18/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, St. Patrick's day is celebrated in most of the countries where the majority of our players lives. It's one of the international holidays, even though it originally comes from Ireland. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to celebrate all Holidays in our games. There are so many cool holidays in each country, each religion, each culture. Of course we understand that you would be happy if we celebrated some of your National Holidays as well. But that is impossible. Each day would turn into a Holiday then, and each day we would have dozens of Holidays :) So we picked some of the most recognizable Holidays and dedicated our Special events, giveaways and Tournaments to those :)

It's not going to matter what you say, Oracle is going to be offended because its not spring where he lives or the holiday is not something he recognizes, he wants to complain for the sake of complaining, what you call the tournaments doesn't matter but if you want to appease a handful of players maybe find a generic way to name tournaments 

http://www.medievalchronicles.com/medieval-battles-wars/medieval-battles-list/

but wait those were all held in different locations on the world map so they could also be conceived as giving preferential treatment to certain players by recognizing something that happened in their history

Mar 20, 2017, 17:1303/20/17
03/22/16
Who cares if it is a holiday? We were given a few goodies for free. We were given some reduced packages to purchase. We were given events with minimal payouts but bragging rights. We were given many new Beacons to fight over. This is how Plarium makes money and the game can become challenging. Have fun, enjoy the game and forget about the real world if even for a few minutes.
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 20, 2017, 19:0603/20/17
10/04/13

Jezebel said:

It's not going to matter what you say, Oracle is going to be offended because its not spring where he lives or the holiday is not something he recognizes, he wants to complain for the sake of complaining, what you call the tournaments doesn't matter but if you want to appease a handful of players maybe find a generic way to name tournaments 

but wait those were all held in different locations on the world map so they could also be conceived as giving preferential treatment to certain players by recognizing something that happened in their history

They could always just make up midieval holidays (maybe even put in some game lore for them or something). 

Like we could have a tournament celebrating Oberon's birthday...
Mar 20, 2017, 19:2503/20/17
03/22/16
BiohazarD said:

Jezebel said:

They could always just make up midieval holidays (maybe even put in some game lore for them or something). 

Like we could have a tournament celebrating Oberon's birthday...
I like your idea. Oberon's birthday would be good. An anniversary of the first Beacon drop on any server. An anniversary of the first Fortress built. Things along those lines or like you said just make up holidays for the game.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.