Player Suggestion: League Battlegrounds!

9 Replies
Lord Oberon
Administrator
22 February, 2017, 5:42 PM UTC

We are constantly receiving feedback and ideas in this community, and we are eternally grateful for all the loyal players who provide us with great suggestions.


Here is a particularly interesting one: League Battlegrounds!


Joint Battleground attacks would require thorough planning but could prove more fun and lucrative than single-handed engagements! The rewards would be split among all the participants according to the number of Units they sent.


Would you like the opportunity to participate in League Battlegrounds? Leave a comment and let us know what you think of this feature!


Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
brunsonthomas
Moderator
22 February, 2017, 6:24 PM UTC
First of all a league battleground is confusing. First call it something else like outpost, stronghold, or command post. If it is going to be a league event are league attacks going to be allowed so that up to 12 players from 4 league attacks could attack simultaneously or if multiple attacks hit at the same time will they fight each other first? Will leagues be able to chip away at it or will it recuperate between attacks? There are many variables but the concept is great.
UTC +5:00
roadstar Pitbull
22 February, 2017, 10:20 PM UTC

1, If your going state it is player requested,,, lets see the request of an active player...

2.,,, Oh "H" NO!!!!

3. You all changed to Hamlets due in part to group stacking settlements...

UTC +0:00
brunsonthomas
Moderator
23 February, 2017, 7:01 PM UTC
roadstar Pitbull said:

1, If your going state it is player requested,,, lets see the request of an active player...

2.,,, Oh "H" NO!!!!

3. You all changed to Hamlets due in part to group stacking settlements...

Actually it was a Suggestion. So it was from an active player.
UTC +5:00
roadstar Pitbull
23 February, 2017, 10:41 PM UTC

Not true, and you know it....

How many posts in suggestions thread are still active players, I'd guess 40% at best. Based on speed and accuracy acting on old suggestions. Go through the approved suggestion and compare to those actually done and then check dates of suggestion to implemetation.
UTC +0:00
brunsonthomas
Moderator
24 February, 2017, 6:26 PM UTC
roadstar Pitbull said:

Not true, and you know it....

How many posts in suggestions thread are still active players, I'd guess 40% at best. Based on speed and accuracy acting on old suggestions. Go through the approved suggestion and compare to those actually done and then check dates of suggestion to implemetation.
It sounds like you already did the research, so please enlighten us. That does not change the fact that this could be a fantastic league training tool practicing league attacks and gaining experience without having to use other Fortresses and Beacons for practice which could be deadly for small leagues.
UTC +5:00
nobody
24 February, 2017, 6:28 PM UTC

1.  is this an entertainment joke?  another "oh that was in entertainment, it isn't real"?

2.  will smaller leagues link together?  if i cannot link with another league then it will probably be overpowered for me.  thus being dead content for me upon release.  working with other leagues could be interesting.

3.  it is individual pve updates that i have been requesting.

4.  i want updates that will enable me to grow through the gameplay.  if this is nothing but a resource sink, i will not be interested.


if i can link with other leagues and/or have individual opportunities, and if i can grow through the activity,  then it could be interesting.  it at least sounds like new gameplay.  it being another resource sink will remove all interest in the "gameplay".
UTC +0:00
brunsonthomas
Moderator
24 February, 2017, 6:41 PM UTC
johanrayne said:

1.  is this an entertainment joke?  another "oh that was in entertainment, it isn't real"?

2.  will smaller leagues link together?  if i cannot link with another league then it will probably be overpowered for me.  thus being dead content for me upon release.  working with other leagues could be interesting.

3.  it is individual pve updates that i have been requesting.

4.  i want updates that will enable me to grow through the gameplay.  if this is nothing but a resource sink, i will not be interested.


if i can link with other leagues and/or have individual opportunities, and if i can grow through the activity,  then it could be interesting.  it at least sounds like new gameplay.  it being another resource sink will remove all interest in the "gameplay".
Your comments are appreciated. it may lead the developers into a line of allowing players to grow and learn.
UTC +5:00
roadstar Pitbull
24 February, 2017, 10:59 PM UTC

brunsonthomas said:


roadstar Pitbull said:


Not true, and you know it....

How many posts in suggestions thread are still active players, I'd guess 40% at best. Based on speed and accuracy acting on old suggestions. Go through the approved suggestion and compare to those actually done and then check dates of suggestion to implemetation.
It sounds like you already did the research, so please enlighten us. That does not change the fact that this could be a fantastic league training tool practicing league attacks and gaining experience without having to use other Fortresses and Beacons for practice which could be deadly for small leagues.

LOL, no research needed,we are dealing with plarium,, when has facts and figures other than $$ been a consideration. It would be interesting to see the orginal suggestion though,, wouldn't it..

As to the training and practice, that does sound like a decent idea for training. Timing is one of the shortfalls here as there is little benefit that is not overcome by sheer numbers. The practice side will take place as they practice buying back lost units.

Short version, it is easier to see it get screwed up for the $$$ other than actually benefiting players and strategy....


**EDIT** I see no such thing mentioned in approved suggestions,, maybe 2 that are somewhat related, but not directly.


UTC +0:00
sison
25 February, 2017, 12:06 PM UTC

it does nt seems intresting,,i will take back what i take in the solo bgs ,whats the difference?


UTC +0:00
1666462 users registered; 33963 topics; 253682 posts; our newest member:morukolog