All Categories

Ending a war that has no time limit.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Feb 17, 2017, 16:0602/17/17
11/04/15

How do you end a war if it was started without a timer? Neither league wants to surrender so there must be a way to end it without surrender and still have a winner.
Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 17, 2017, 16:0902/17/17
07/25/15

JuniorH said:

How do you end a war if it was started without a timer? Neither league wants to surrender so there must be a way to end it without surrender and still have a winner.

You either beat the other part into submission so they beg for peace, or it happens to you... That how wars supposed to be :p

Feb 17, 2017, 17:4102/17/17
11/04/15
So, we are so far ahead in all categories that it is near impossible for them to ever be in winners side. Yet they just continue the war and there isn't any communication between either Marshall. If we call a peace, does that mean that we surrender?
Feb 17, 2017, 17:4902/17/17
Feb 17, 2017, 17:51(edited)
12/18/14

you go to your embassy and change the status there it will take 3 days after you have changed it

its like changing from at peace to ally status

when the war is over your league since you are ahead will win the war - you ending the war won't change our current status
Feb 17, 2017, 18:5602/17/17
11/04/15

Thank you Jezebel, greatly appreciate your very excellent information. Wishing you the best of days.

Feb 17, 2017, 19:1302/17/17
12/18/14
JuniorH said:

Thank you Jezebel, greatly appreciate your very excellent information. Wishing you the best of days.

You are welcome Junior anytime! :)  And congrats on your war!
BiohazarDModerator
Feb 17, 2017, 20:1202/17/17
10/04/13
Jezebel said:

you go to your embassy and change the status there it will take 3 days after you have changed it

its like changing from at peace to ally status

when the war is over your league since you are ahead will win the war - you ending the war won't change our current status
Yep whoever is ahead when it ends is the winner. 
Feb 21, 2017, 03:0302/21/17
11/04/15
That is only true if the other league accepts to end the war when there is not a time limit set. Infinity League, as I found out, does this a lot. They can be losing for weeks and if your league is tired of all of this nonsense and tries to change the status, Infinity will not accept it. And they do this on purpose until the other league decides to let them take the lead and then tries to change the status. Plarium should eliminate a never ending war so something like this won't happen again. I don't know whose idea it was in the first place to impliment a never ending war into the game. But they sure had their head deep into their butt.
Feb 21, 2017, 12:3702/21/17
12/18/14
JuniorH said:

That is only true if the other league accepts to end the war when there is not a time limit set. Infinity League, as I found out, does this a lot. They can be losing for weeks and if your league is tired of all of this nonsense and tries to change the status, Infinity will not accept it. And they do this on purpose until the other league decides to let them take the lead and then tries to change the status. Plarium should eliminate a never ending war so something like this won't happen again. I don't know whose idea it was in the first place to impliment a never ending war into the game. But they sure had their head deep into their butt.
Really?  The clock started right away when I changed my war status, I can't imagine it being accepted that quickly.
Feb 21, 2017, 17:4702/21/17
11/04/15
Jezebel, where can I find everything there is to know about going to war? Especially before one gets into a war.
BiohazarDModerator
Feb 21, 2017, 19:0602/21/17
10/04/13
Jezebel said:

JuniorH said:

Really?  The clock started right away when I changed my war status, I can't imagine it being accepted that quickly.
I think if you change it to ally or peace they have to accept but if you change it to neutral it starts the timer right away. 
Feb 22, 2017, 00:1002/22/17
11/04/15
Thank you Nemanja and Bio for the information. I really appreciate it.
Feb 22, 2017, 01:2602/22/17
04/18/15

what is the real reward for being in a war? 

does the winning side really gain anything other than bragging rights?

what advantage to being in a war if other team is lower and smaller and has no beacons?

I was told you cannot set a time for a war to end. 

That timers are only set in challenges. Declaration of War is not a challenge.

So a war continues till both sides decide to end it? 

so what timer are you talking about that starts immediately?

I Set peace and it didn't start till they accepted.

We were winning with every statistic in the green and 20k points ahead but it was stupid because they were't going to give up or accept any peace while we were ahead.

So how does this war thing work? 

there should be more information somewhere other than just stepping into that "cow paddy" to find out it stinks.

I read that link given above but it doesn't say what rewards are other than a lot of dead troops, a lot of money spent to defend with all the various items and a never ending war from a group who really had nothing to lose. 

BiohazarDModerator
Feb 22, 2017, 14:5602/22/17
Feb 22, 2017, 14:57(edited)
10/04/13

Coco said:

what advantage to being in a war if other team is lower and smaller and has no beacons?

We were winning with every statistic in the green and 20k points ahead but it was stupid because they were't going to give up or accept any peace while we were ahead.

there should be more information somewhere other than just stepping into that "cow paddy" to find out it stinks.

I read that link given above but it doesn't say what rewards are other than a lot of dead troops, a lot of money spent to defend with all the various items and a never ending war from a group who really had nothing to lose. 

Once you decide to end a war there is a 3 day counter before it actually ends. 

The only reward to being in a war is that there are certain league achievements for scoring war points, that give your league some extra influence towards league rankings. 
Feb 22, 2017, 16:4302/22/17
12/18/14
Coco said:

league achievements and guilt free pvp
Feb 22, 2017, 19:0102/22/17
05/04/15

My last question, because I have gotten a headache from all of this unbearable nonsense.

Who actually sees this timer. Just a few members of the league, which would be the ranking ones, or all of us members?
Feb 22, 2017, 19:5702/22/17
12/18/14
Darell said:

My last question, because I have gotten a headache from all of this unbearable nonsense.

Who actually sees this timer. Just a few members of the league, which would be the ranking ones, or all of us members?
as far as i know just the league marshal
Feb 24, 2017, 02:4702/24/17
04/18/15

I think all captains can see the timer.. 

I saw it in the embassy when you click on war status there. 

If you click on the events reports you will not see timer.

Yes indeed Jezebel bragging rights is the reward of war.

When it could be so much more. 

oh well it is what it is........

Feb 24, 2017, 15:0702/24/17
12/18/14
Coco said:

I think all captains can see the timer.. 

I saw it in the embassy when you click on war status there. 

If you click on the events reports you will not see timer.

Yes indeed Jezebel bragging rights is the reward of war.

When it could be so much more. 

oh well it is what it is........

well it is a war game, wars run for as long as you let them so the pvp tournaments that happen during a war will give you the rewards you are looking for i suppose :)
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.