All Categories

THE START OF A NEW SERVER or REALM FEB 20th

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Feb 14, 2017, 20:3802/14/17
08/22/14

I come from The Kabam Website of "Stormfall". (A Seperate Server/Realm)

I also have intel that we will be moved to the Plarium Server/Realm, I have an Account already in Both Plarium Servers/Realms.

Will we in the Kabam Server/Realm come to an already established Plarium Server/Realm, or will there be a Transfer of all our Beacons in a New Plarium Server/Realm. There is SO Many unanswered questions.

We in our Kabam Server/Realm have been Given this Message in-Game and on our Stormfall Forums:

***************************************************************************************************

SERVER SHUTDOWN IMMINENT!

by:

JasonBullet / Administrator 

13 February, 2017, 9:42 AM UTC | Last edited by JasonBullet 14 February, 2017, 4:17 PM UTC

CRITICAL: Server Shutdown Imminent!

Payments Will Be Suspended Soon!

Dear Player,

IMPORTANT!

From 15 February 2017, all in-game payments on this server will be disabled!

On 20 February 2017, this server will be shut down permanently.

But have no fear! Your hard work developing your Castle shall not go to waste. We will save your progress and you will be able to continue playing Stormfall: Age of War from your same account on a different server!

Fear not, Lords and Ladies! Further instructions shall be provided on February 20th.

*****************************************************************************************************

So if we are to be Shut down and moved on the 20th, It would be good to be very Prepared for such move and given better intel before Feb 20th

Thanks for any help we can get

Murtag / Co-Marshal of DBD NightRaiders in the Kabam Server/Realm

Views
Comments
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Feb 14, 2017, 20:4202/14/17
10/04/13
I haven't heard anything about this happening.  So if it does you will probably be moved to a separate server and just be on the plarium.com site instead of kabam. 
Feb 14, 2017, 21:3602/14/17
07/25/15

Welcome to the more money greedy servers then :p

Feb 14, 2017, 22:5602/14/17
05/14/16

Hey, that was the 1st league I was in !

Given you were all on the Kabam server so it was just me and one random guy out of 20 that breathed here on this server.

But that was my first League !

Feb 15, 2017, 09:0102/15/17
Feb 15, 2017, 12:45(edited)
03/01/16

Greetings, Lords!

> Will we in the Kabam Server/Realm come to an already established Plarium Server/Realm, or will there be a Transfer of all our Beacons in a New Plarium Server/Realm.

All players from Kabam server will be transferred to a new server on plarium.com, however, all progress/Beacons/troops/neighborhoods will be the same as on Kabam server. So don't worry, all progress will be saved.

BiohazarDModerator
Feb 16, 2017, 14:4402/16/17
10/04/13
djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Greetings, Lords!

> Will we in the Kabam Server/Realm come to an already established Plarium Server/Realm, or will there be a Transfer of all our Beacons in a New Plarium Server/Realm.

All players from Kabam server will be transferred to a new server on plarium.com, however, all progress/Beacons/troops/neighborhoods will be the same as on Kabam server. So don't worry, all progress will be saved.

So this is not a merge of servers?

You are simply changing the server on which game data is hosted and nothing at all will change for the players (apart from a bit of downtime). I assume simply because Kabam don't want to continue supporting their own server?
That is correct, everything should be the same. 
Feb 16, 2017, 15:1602/16/17
07/25/15
djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Greetings, Lords!

You are simply changing the server on which game data is hosted and nothing at all will change for the players (apart from a bit of downtime). I assume simply because Kabam don't want to continue supporting their own server?
 I guess it just reached critical mass vs revenues. 
Feb 16, 2017, 19:5802/16/17
05/11/15
Welcome, you will soon realize you have come to the which is like a black hole vacuum for money. I hope you have read the sign "NO Entry Without Card"!
Feb 17, 2017, 10:1502/17/17
Feb 17, 2017, 10:21(edited)
10/31/14

djmoody said:

Kabam has cut 8% of its development workforce, early 2016, it has been losing revenue BIG time,  $180 million of sales in 2012, $360 million in 2013 and $400 million in 2014. Meanwhile it kept buying dead tittles, it bough games such as Kingdoms of Camelot and The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth to mobile. Then with financial difficulty it kept selling out its mobile games, to Chinise companies. It sold Kingdoms of Camelot: Battle for the North, The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth, and Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon to  Gaea Mobile. 

Then in 2013 it committed suicide when management announcedit will'' hire professional managers that favored strategies geared toward short-term revenue goals followed by an IPO''

Kabam is "It is running out of cash'' and its happeining in a very fast rate. 

But I heard A BEE buzzing bee that plarium is looking to consolidate its servers and to to use the KoK/UE money  to transfer its servers to Http+7

Feb 17, 2017, 15:0402/17/17
03/01/16

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Greetings, Lords!

Yes, this is not a merge of servers, we'll add a new server for players for Kabam with all data. And other players will be able to play there too. 

We appreciate our players and we will do our best in order to save their achievements in the game. However, closing our games on Kabam is a two-way solution. It was nice to work with them, however, due to changes, which are taking place on Kabam now, it was decided to close our games there. 

Feb 17, 2017, 21:2202/17/17
08/03/14

Oracle said:

Then in 2013 it committed suicide when management announcedit will'' hire professional managers that favored strategies geared toward short-term revenue goals 

sounds like plarium
Feb 20, 2017, 13:3302/20/17
05/17/15

Briston said:

So if we are to be Shut down and moved on the 20th, It would be good to be very Prepared for such move and given better intel before Feb 20th

And now we know why we were not given better intel . . . Kabam  server move start date: Feb 20th - end date: ????? 

http://prntscr.com/eb3l65

It really would have been nice to know this before today. Just sayin'

Angeliclee - Marshal of Elite Dragon Riders living in limbo between Kabam and Plarium

Feb 20, 2017, 16:0602/20/17
08/22/14

Yes it would have been nice to know that it could take up to a week for this move

Now we Wait....

But I have a Question ...

Is there going to be a "3rd" Realm/Server players can see and come join our Realm From Kabam??

Somewhat like the pic below?

If so ... I AM RECRUITING LoL

Murtag .. Co-Marshal / Head Recruiter .. DBD NightRaiders .. 4th in League Rank

Feb 20, 2017, 16:1102/20/17
03/01/16
Angeliclee said:

Briston said:

And now we know why we were not given better intel . . . Kabam  server move start date: Feb 20th - end date: ????? 

http://prntscr.com/eb3l65

It really would have been nice to know this before today. Just sayin'

Angeliclee - Marshal of Elite Dragon Riders living in limbo between Kabam and Plarium

We suppose it will take one or two days to finish the process of transfer. 
Feb 20, 2017, 16:1202/20/17
03/01/16
Briston said:

Yes it would have been nice to know that it could take up to a week for this move

Now we Wait....

Is there going to be a "3rd" Realm/Server players can see and come join our Realm From Kabam??

Yes, you got it right, it will be a new server. 
Feb 20, 2017, 16:3402/20/17
07/25/15
Eugenia Misura said:

Briston said:

Now we Wait....

Yes, you got it right, it will be a new server. 
Was prices on Kabam less than prices here on Plarium? Would cost of things maintan the same, or become the same across the board?
Feb 20, 2017, 16:5402/20/17
08/22/14
It was more expensive I believe
Feb 20, 2017, 19:0202/20/17
Feb 20, 2017, 19:05(edited)
12/13/14

Briston said:

It was more expensive I believe

No reason or evidence to believe that

I have played on all servers (inc facebook) for a long time
Facebook is considerably cheaper, but kabam and plarium should be identical

The main difference will be unlimited friends which kabam has always been denied

My biggest concern is that kabam players are mostly old-school gamers who do not rely on credit cards to gain unfair advantages

An influx of plarium coiners will kill the kabam server in no time at all - kabam already lost 50% of their beacons in recent massacre events

No doubt the new server will be filled with bots, alts, hackers and scammers within 24 hours of opening

Feb 20, 2017, 19:3802/20/17
08/22/14

Very Interesting Input, and Thank you!

Feb 21, 2017, 15:0702/21/17
03/01/16

Some offers will be slightly different. But in a good way for players :)

Feb 21, 2017, 16:5102/21/17
10/31/14

Eugenia Misura said:

Some offers will be slightly different. But in a good way for players :)

Will players that play in both Kabam and Plarium using different credentials be penalized for multi-accounting. 

I have once played on Kabam, using a different an email, than the one I use on Plarium.com. Should the server be mingled as the above screenshot, then I will have 2 account now. 

I know I can just change the Kabam Email to be the same as the one on Plarium.com, but what if I don't, will the merging of the server then means merging of the rules, that where held before. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.