This topic is closed

Dont Play The Game if You Cant spend Dollar

20 Replies
Tarun Naskar
12 February, 2017, 2:39 AM UTC

Hello All

I am playing this game for almost a year. What I learned that if you want to be an averagely strong player you have to spend dollar. Other wise you will be always a subdued player avoiding conflict at exchange of self respect.


The trick is, you need to spend at least 6 month or so to start understanding this point. More so this game will be extremply addictive at first but will loose its charm after a year. That is why you will find hardly any active player who is playing for more than 2 year.


The game is designed such a way that you have to spend dollar at every step or you have to spend tremendous energy and time to achieve that. even so , after some level it wont allow to progress unless , again, you spend dollar.


I advice that , you  a new player should play the game for a month or two, see whether you can perform well with out spending real mony or no................. if you think you cant spend dollar and time then leave it.


and yes, the game authorities are very intolerent about negative feed back and will ban you if you complain.


Best of Luck


Tarun


UTC +5:00
3
ANBU Danzo Shimura
12 February, 2017, 4:32 AM UTC

After playing for over a year before i started spending it depends on the league you join, who teaches you, how much do they know and are willing to share with everyone. You can do it entirely free to play if you are diligent enough.

I don't recomend spedning at least until you mastered my guide ( http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-tutorials/4867_new-players-and-starting-a-league-advice-- ) and are 6 months into developing your castle. The guide is still being worked on. Read the comments for news, updates and tips.

The Darkness of the Shinobi
UTC +0:00
0
djmoody
13 February, 2017, 3:13 AM UTC

ANBU Danzo Shimura said:


After playing for over a year before i started spending it depends on the league you join, who teaches you, how much do they know and are willing to share with everyone. You can do it entirely free to play if you are diligent enough.

This is utterly untrue.

If you started playing now there is no way you could be competitive with the coiners or the old time players.

A fair analysis of this game is that it is played by people who buy armies then log on to have fights. I find it amazing that people would do that but that is what they do.

Castle relocates / lvl 32 lost arts / sketches for buildings / fortress sapphed to lvl 20 / 50% boost item. That is before acknowledging the simple buying infinite troops immediately issue.

Games are not meant to be this unbalanced and Pay 2 Win. 

There are some like Plarium games that are like that - the $40m advertising budget Game of War is supposed to be pretty horrible also. There are simply some developers who are in it for nothing but a quick buck and to exploit. Until consumers wise up its seems they will get away with the exploitation and the companies with the biggest advertising budgets will own the most played games.


Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
5
ANBU Danzo Shimura
13 February, 2017, 6:01 AM UTC

djmoody said:


ANBU Danzo Shimura said:


After playing for over a year before i started spending it depends on the league you join, who teaches you, how much do they know and are willing to share with everyone. You can do it entirely free to play if you are diligent enough.

This is utterly untrue.

If you started playing now there is no way you could be competitive with the coiners or the old time players.

A fair analysis of this game is that it is played by people who buy armies then log on to have fights. I find it amazing that people would do that but that is what they do.

Castle relocates / lvl 32 lost arts / sketches for buildings / fortress sapphed to lvl 20 / 50% boost item. That is before acknowledging the simple buying infinite troops immediately issue.

Games are not meant to be this unbalanced and Pay 2 Win. 

There are some like Plarium games that are like that - the $40m advertising budget Game of War is supposed to be pretty horrible also. There are simply some developers who are in it for nothing but a quick buck and to exploit. Until consumers wise up its seems they will get away with the exploitation and the companies with the biggest advertising budgets will own the most played games.


After about 6 months of following my guide and making a reserve of all the rewards from banked bg's and training units while following quests you can start to slowly over the next 6 month . scout and raid targets in a 20ml radius then expand the radius, siegie inactive castles and make them your fiefs, careful collect from hamlets, send defense to your league when asked to some times.

I'm not saying everyone come play this game free to play. I'm saying some people can help their league out and have fun playing the game. I had a player who over two years of playing free to play made it to level 80 with a few million ofense and defense. They are still palying the game. Using stratgey, determination, diligence logging in every day and knowing how to mechanicly get ahead you can make it ptretty far.


The Darkness of the Shinobi
UTC +0:00
1
wesleypringle1
13 February, 2017, 3:25 PM UTC

And now Money rules the Game there is not even the Resemblance disguising this Fact now the game has instant upgrades all you need is a bottomless wallet and then you can be the bully of the Game. the game is ringing the death knell now too bad it used to be fun. 

Click like if you agree Please


The Keep
UTC +4:00
5
BiohazarD
Moderator
13 February, 2017, 5:09 PM UTC
ANBU Danzo Shimura said:

djmoody said:


ANBU Danzo Shimura said:


After playing for over a year before i started spending it depends on the league you join, who teaches you, how much do they know and are willing to share with everyone. You can do it entirely free to play if you are diligent enough.

This is utterly untrue.

If you started playing now there is no way you could be competitive with the coiners or the old time players.

A fair analysis of this game is that it is played by people who buy armies then log on to have fights. I find it amazing that people would do that but that is what they do.

Castle relocates / lvl 32 lost arts / sketches for buildings / fortress sapphed to lvl 20 / 50% boost item. That is before acknowledging the simple buying infinite troops immediately issue.

Games are not meant to be this unbalanced and Pay 2 Win. 

There are some like Plarium games that are like that - the $40m advertising budget Game of War is supposed to be pretty horrible also. There are simply some developers who are in it for nothing but a quick buck and to exploit. Until consumers wise up its seems they will get away with the exploitation and the companies with the biggest advertising budgets will own the most played games.


After about 6 months of following my guide and making a reserve of all the rewards from banked bg's and training units while following quests you can start to slowly over the next 6 month . scout and raid targets in a 20ml radius then expand the radius, siegie inactive castles and make them your fiefs, careful collect from hamlets, send defense to your league when asked to some times.

I'm not saying everyone come play this game free to play. I'm saying some people can help their league out and have fun playing the game. I had a player who over two years of playing free to play made it to level 80 with a few million ofense and defense. They are still palying the game. Using stratgey, determination, diligence logging in every day and knowing how to mechanicly get ahead you can make it ptretty far.


Yes, it is certainly possible to play the game without spending money.  It will take a new player well over a year to get their castle and lost arts to a competitive level for free, but it can be done if you have enough patience.  Of course if you manage to annoy one one of the big coiners and they decide to hit your castle every day until you quit, there's not much you can do unless you're in a strong league that can stack your castle with defense. 
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
djmoody
14 February, 2017, 3:49 AM UTC

ANBU Danzo Shimura said:


I had a player who over two years of playing free to play made it to level 80 with a few million ofense and defense. They are still palying the game. Using stratgey, determination, diligence logging in every day and knowing how to mechanicly get ahead you can make it ptretty far.

A few million offence and defence.......

There are multiple accounts with offence over 750m on dark plains. What planet are you on?

I sort of admire your positive thinking but you are just talking stupid.

If you got in a time machine - went back 3.5yrs to the start of the game , did pretty much everything right, never lost ANY troops you might just be about be competitive by now. You still wouldn't be competitive with the uber coiners in the game. But you would be competitive with the majority of people. if you are starting now you are simply doomed. The servers will be shut down before you get anywhere near competitive.

I would kind of question your credibility on the subject to be honest, given you are in a league that has never amounted to anything on the server. Even now with the server in terminal decline and over run with feebly defended beacons I don't think you have any beacons (or did you just quit and go to the other server?).

Follow Danzo - follow his guides, you too can amount to nothing after a year of OCD investment of time and energy....

(and I am Mr play games hard, unravel the mechanics, find every little advantage, execute them all and get ahead when it comes to games. I would like nothing more than what you wrote to be true - it just isn't when it comes to this stupid unbalanced disaster).

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
2
Gadheras
14 February, 2017, 5:59 AM UTC
djmoody said:

ANBU Danzo Shimura said:


I had a player who over two years of playing free to play made it to level 80 with a few million ofense and defense. They are still palying the game. Using stratgey, determination, diligence logging in every day and knowing how to mechanicly get ahead you can make it ptretty far.

A few million offence and defence.......

There are multiple accounts with offence over 750m on dark plains. What planet are you on?

I sort of admire your positive thinking but you are just talking stupid.

If you got in a time machine - went back 3.5yrs to the start of the game , did pretty much everything right, never lost ANY troops you might just be about be competitive by now. You still wouldn't be competitive with the uber coiners in the game. But you would be competitive with the majority of people. if you are starting now you are simply doomed. The servers will be shut down before you get anywhere near competitive.

I would kind of question your credibility on the subject to be honest, given you are in a league that has never amounted to anything on the server. Even now with the server in terminal decline and over run with feebly defended beacons I don't think you have any beacons (or did you just quit and go to the other server?).

Follow Danzo - follow his guides, you too can amount to nothing after a year of OCD investment of time and energy....

(and I am Mr play games hard, unravel the mechanics, find every little advantage, execute them all and get ahead when it comes to games. I would like nothing more than what you wrote to be true - it just isn't when it comes to this stupid unbalanced disaster).

On another note though, its kinda interesting if you look at other "dying" games out there, they ramp up cheap offers to milk the last cent. Here at Plarium, they do the oposite. They keep pour out new spending options that cost an arm and a leg. 
UTC +2:00
0
djmoody
14 February, 2017, 2:23 PM UTC

Gadheras said:



On another note though, its kinda interesting if you look at other "dying" games out there, they ramp up cheap offers to milk the last cent. Here at Plarium, they do the oposite. They keep pour out new spending options that cost an arm and a leg. 

Because there are stupid people still allowing themselves to pay thousands of dollars to play a game that isn't worth a $5 subscription.

In this case a game that is clearly dying also, which makes the spending decisions even more difficult to fathom.

And these types of people are denying us all decent games. Because while they are around, they allow cynical and utterly greedy companies like Plarium to put out sub standard games and milk them like this. Until consumers wise up, the developers will continue to take the piss out of us.

Here is another hero. From nothing to a major player with the flap of a credit card. Just happen to have been give this screenshot today.


Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
0
Jezebel
14 February, 2017, 2:52 PM UTC

djmoody said:


ANBU Danzo Shimura said:


After playing for over a year before i started spending it depends on the league you join, who teaches you, how much do they know and are willing to share with everyone. You can do it entirely free to play if you are diligent enough.

This is utterly untrue.

If you started playing now there is no way you could be competitive with the coiners or the old time players.

A fair analysis of this game is that it is played by people who buy armies then log on to have fights. I find it amazing that people would do that but that is what they do.

Castle relocates / lvl 32 lost arts / sketches for buildings / fortress sapphed to lvl 20 / 50% boost item. That is before acknowledging the simple buying infinite troops immediately issue.

Games are not meant to be this unbalanced and Pay 2 Win. 

There are some like Plarium games that are like that - the $40m advertising budget Game of War is supposed to be pretty horrible also. There are simply some developers who are in it for nothing but a quick buck and to exploit. Until consumers wise up its seems they will get away with the exploitation and the companies with the biggest advertising budgets will own the most played games.


I have to agree I have not spent in quite some time but i had some "stuff" accumulated in my Black Market, sad to say I utilized a lot of it the past week while at war with another league, its time to play build a castle for a bit to accumulate more "stuff" so yes if I wanted to continue to play as I have in the past week I would HAVE to spend money to get the items needed to do it.

UTC +0:00
0
BiohazarD
Moderator
14 February, 2017, 3:18 PM UTC
djmoody said:

Gadheras said:



On another note though, its kinda interesting if you look at other "dying" games out there, they ramp up cheap offers to milk the last cent. Here at Plarium, they do the oposite. They keep pour out new spending options that cost an arm and a leg. 

Because there are stupid people still allowing themselves to pay thousands of dollars to play a game that isn't worth a $5 subscription.

In this case a game that is clearly dying also, which makes the spending decisions even more difficult to fathom.

And these types of people are denying us all decent games. Because while they are around, they allow cynical and utterly greedy companies like Plarium to put out sub standard games and milk them like this. Until consumers wise up, the developers will continue to take the piss out of us.

Here is another hero. From nothing to a major player with the flap of a credit card. Just happen to have been give this screenshot today.


Hmm that's a lot of bestiary.  Would be a shame if something bad were to happen to them :P  Like running into a wall of griffins...
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
Oracle
15 February, 2017, 4:11 PM UTC

The house always wins, its a rule in all profit modelled MMO companies, that fun must comes after profit. 

They measure the success of their games based on two things.

1. How Many logins we have now, ( the more logins we have the more money we make). 

2. How much money is generated by the in-game purchase app.

they make sure that the graph for these points are always in the positive. So they make a game that have zero guide to newer player, games that encourage cheating by multiaccounting. meanwhile they pump millions into the marketing team and almost zero into the artistic, and ingame management team. 


Plarium is even worse they put a robot script as a ''community manager'' and a degenerate support team, that get you banned for reporting game purchases out-the-window. These whole situations is not only degenerate but is also harmful to the wider MMO games.

Contrary to the popular believe, MMO games are not only dead they are extinct. We are but left with money suckers in pretense of MMORPG fun. The are interested in nothing but sucking more and more money. Even if economics, and renowned gamers alike warn then that more money sucking less fun, less fun less money, less money less MMO.

Fun is thus no longer a dependability in measuring game enjoyment, but how much you are getting cheated. The more you are held ramsom for your credit card the more you enjoy it. which explain people like the above, the KT, KoK, Destiny, U-family and ME do what we we do. why we keep spending. Such is the present nature of MMORPG. Utter compulsive degenerate.

Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
1
Gadheras
15 February, 2017, 4:28 PM UTC

Oracle said:



Contrary to the popular believe, MMO games are not only dead they are extinct. We are but left with money suckers in pretense of MMORPG fun. The are interested in nothing but sucking more and more money. Even if economics, and renowned gamers alike warn then that more money sucking less fun, less fun less money, less money less MMO.

Fun is thus no longer a dependability in measuring game enjoyment, but how much you are getting cheated. The more you are held ramsom for your credit card the more you enjoy it. which explain people like the above, the KT, KoK, Destiny, U-family and ME do what we we do. why we keep spending. Such is the present nature of MMORPG. Utter compulsive degenerate.

Actually, games such as SWTOR for more traditional "theme park" mmo, got a very nice payment model. Its al about fluff, cosmetics and unlocks. And you can get all that by just playing the game, and use the ingame market and buy things you make from credits you earn doing stuff ingame, because there is players that buy these in packs and sell on the market. Hence those that doesn't mind spend time grind, benefit from those that cut corners on grinding. Redistrubution of wealth. 


Then you have other games such as world of warships, where you can have tons of fun without spend a dime. And there is no "pay to win". You can spend to get xp faster and such, or even buy premium ships, but these not any better than those you grind for, just saving the player grind time to get to a certain tier of ships. 


Lately I heard you could now spend your ingame gold in world of warcraft, to buy tokens, that you could exchange for credits in blizzards store. so you could spend on like stuff in overwatch , card packs in heartstone of other games they got.


There is companies and games out there that get it. Then you got the cest pool of the market where Plarium reside. This might seem rude, but rude is the level of spending they try get us to do on a very medicore product. They can always say, oh you got the choice, to spend and "save time" (hahaha), but yeah, I'm not spending anymore, and haven't for a while, because, we don't get our money worth.
UTC +2:00
1
Oracle
15 February, 2017, 5:36 PM UTC

selling anything desirable at all in an MMORPG game is taboo. Anything in a game that you can get by grinding or purchase is power, and power in my viewshould not be sold. Valuable or desirable items, like a special horse or costume, are also under the umbrella of "power. Players always quaote that since microtransactions are everywhere they are OK.


Yes ''Wakfu sells powerful weapons. EVE Online sells facilitates the purchase of entire fleets and pilots by selling PLEX players can trade to each other for powerful in-game items. Too many MMORTS titles to name sell powerful units, items, and even resources, the lifeblood of most RTS games. EverQuest II, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings Online and many, many others sell mounts and special items that were once considered unique or were available through gameplay only. All of Spacetime Studios' Legends titles, Wizard101 and Pirate101, All Points Bulletin, Mabinogi, Die2Nite... they all sell powerful access, items, or weapons.'' But that doesn't make any of it OK. Its wrong, it't brings class to the game, they destroy the game.

The switch from subscription to free-to-play is bad for achievers. It doesn’t matter how much you try to persuade them otherwise, any payment for any gameplay-affecting item or service is pay-to-win. Anything that improves your chances of getting something gameplay-affecting is pay-to-win. Only purely cosmetic items are not seen as pay-to-win (and even some of those are unacceptable if they give the impression you’ve achieved something you haven’t). Pay-to-win attracts socialisers but puts off achievers (except cheating achievers). Achievers are the core audience for MMOs.

Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
0
djmoody
15 February, 2017, 5:53 PM UTC

Oracle said:


EVE Online sells facilitates the purchase of entire fleets and pilots by selling PLEX players can trade to each other for powerful in-game items.

Actually Eve is an amazing example of a game where coiners have ZERO and I mean ZERO success. Only GOOD players survive in Eve.

The reason is very simple. The game is hugely complex (and if you don't know Eve think complex then times it by 100). Only smart and skillful players survive in Eve.

I agree with all that is posted here about greedy cynical developers who simply exploit flaws in human nature (and big advertising budgets) to make money. But there is another factor.....

Games that require NO SKILL.

Stormfall battles are calculated in line with battle equations. The actual fighting requires no skill. You choose which troops to send and then that is the end of the player's interaction. Coined a bigger army than the opponent, welcome to winville.

So its the combination of uber Pay to Win and no skill that are most likely to fall into the "really bad game to play" category - like Stormfall.

I am a big fan or C&C Tiberium Alliance for that reason. One of the few games in the RTS arena where the battle is viewed live and how your set your troops out has a ridiculously significant impact on the fight (2 players with same army could lose completely or set out well and win easily). Huge amount of skill and intelligence involved. A bad player there will always be a bad player no matter how much they spend.

The worst player in Stormfall can be a complete god and determine the fate of an entire server, it's simply a matter of how much they are willing to spend.



Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
0
Gadheras
15 February, 2017, 6:29 PM UTC

Oracle said:


selling anything desirable at all in an MMORPG game is taboo. Anything in a game that you can get by grinding or purchase is power, and power in my viewshould not be sold. Valuable or desirable items, like a special horse or costume, are also under the umbrella of "power. Players always quaote that since microtransactions are everywhere they are OK.










Yes ''Wakfu sells powerful weapons. EVE Online sells facilitates the purchase of entire fleets and pilots by selling PLEX players can trade to each other for powerful in-game items. Too many MMORTS titles to name sell powerful units, items, and even resources, the lifeblood of most RTS games. EverQuest II, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings Online and many, many others sell mounts and special items that were once considered unique or were available through gameplay only. All of Spacetime Studios' Legends titles, Wizard101 and Pirate101, All Points Bulletin, Mabinogi, Die2Nite... they all sell powerful access, items, or weapons.'' But that doesn't make any of it OK. Its wrong, it't brings class to the game, they destroy the game.

The switch from subscription to free-to-play is bad for achievers. It doesn’t matter how much you try to persuade them otherwise, any payment for any gameplay-affecting item or service is pay-to-win. Anything that improves your chances of getting something gameplay-affecting is pay-to-win. Only purely cosmetic items are not seen as pay-to-win (and even some of those are unacceptable if they give the impression you’ve achieved something you haven’t). Pay-to-win attracts socialisers but puts off achievers (except cheating achievers). Achievers are the core audience for MMOs.

a MMO need a business model to stay open. Cosmetics, fluff and boosters is a lesser or evils if you not running a subscription model. Funny thing is, people moan about sub models so expensive, and then they might sink 100 bucks into the game buying crap during a month still. 


As for EVE, I  played since 2003. I got enough assets and ISK so I can plex 5 accounts for the next 10 years without raise an eyebrow. You can buy ships and fleets, but doesn't matter if you dont have able bodies to put into them. PLEX is exchange of time and effort. but not the skills that go with it. although you can buy skill injectors these days, but that is trade of skills too, they not created out of thin air. Someone need to sheed their skills for others to buy them. 


Now I was talking about the ones that made it right, not the ones that delve in the same cest pool as Plarium. Btw, as for some things like mounts and gear you can get in some theme park mmo's, just to take wow as an example, because, everyone know what that is right? There is stuff you could get from old legacy content, that is hardly done or run anylonger so, newer players just wont get access to it. If such get sold on the market etc. I wouldn't mind that so much. 


As for SWTOR you can buy like cool gear, weapons and such on the IGN, but they not as powerfull or good as the good stuff you can get from play the game. And its modular gear you can re-slot from grinded gear. 


I'm not really a great achiever in games. Although I want to try consume all content, missions, quests etc, just to experience it. For my sake, playing with friends and shoot he crap on teamspeak etc is what make online gaming fun. 


I prefer sub models in online game, but hey people is silly and then you get to places where have a full level 5 wall cost you the same as 6 "full price" copies of GTA 5, because we know the dev cost of Stormfall justify that right Plarium?


UTC +2:00
2
BiohazarD
Moderator
16 February, 2017, 2:59 PM UTC
Gadheras said:

Oracle said:


selling anything desirable at all in an MMORPG game is taboo. Anything in a game that you can get by grinding or purchase is power, and power in my viewshould not be sold. Valuable or desirable items, like a special horse or costume, are also under the umbrella of "power. Players always quaote that since microtransactions are everywhere they are OK.










Yes ''Wakfu sells powerful weapons. EVE Online sells facilitates the purchase of entire fleets and pilots by selling PLEX players can trade to each other for powerful in-game items. Too many MMORTS titles to name sell powerful units, items, and even resources, the lifeblood of most RTS games. EverQuest II, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings Online and many, many others sell mounts and special items that were once considered unique or were available through gameplay only. All of Spacetime Studios' Legends titles, Wizard101 and Pirate101, All Points Bulletin, Mabinogi, Die2Nite... they all sell powerful access, items, or weapons.'' But that doesn't make any of it OK. Its wrong, it't brings class to the game, they destroy the game.

The switch from subscription to free-to-play is bad for achievers. It doesn’t matter how much you try to persuade them otherwise, any payment for any gameplay-affecting item or service is pay-to-win. Anything that improves your chances of getting something gameplay-affecting is pay-to-win. Only purely cosmetic items are not seen as pay-to-win (and even some of those are unacceptable if they give the impression you’ve achieved something you haven’t). Pay-to-win attracts socialisers but puts off achievers (except cheating achievers). Achievers are the core audience for MMOs.

a MMO need a business model to stay open. Cosmetics, fluff and boosters is a lesser or evils if you not running a subscription model. Funny thing is, people moan about sub models so expensive, and then they might sink 100 bucks into the game buying crap during a month still. 


As for EVE, I  played since 2003. I got enough assets and ISK so I can plex 5 accounts for the next 10 years without raise an eyebrow. You can buy ships and fleets, but doesn't matter if you dont have able bodies to put into them. PLEX is exchange of time and effort. but not the skills that go with it. although you can buy skill injectors these days, but that is trade of skills too, they not created out of thin air. Someone need to sheed their skills for others to buy them. 


Now I was talking about the ones that made it right, not the ones that delve in the same cest pool as Plarium. Btw, as for some things like mounts and gear you can get in some theme park mmo's, just to take wow as an example, because, everyone know what that is right? There is stuff you could get from old legacy content, that is hardly done or run anylonger so, newer players just wont get access to it. If such get sold on the market etc. I wouldn't mind that so much. 


As for SWTOR you can buy like cool gear, weapons and such on the IGN, but they not as powerfull or good as the good stuff you can get from play the game. And its modular gear you can re-slot from grinded gear. 


I'm not really a great achiever in games. Although I want to try consume all content, missions, quests etc, just to experience it. For my sake, playing with friends and shoot he crap on teamspeak etc is what make online gaming fun. 


I prefer sub models in online game, but hey people is silly and then you get to places where have a full level 5 wall cost you the same as 6 "full price" copies of GTA 5, because we know the dev cost of Stormfall justify that right Plarium?


Stormfall does have a much smaller player base than AAA console games.  So I guess they need more money from each player in order to keep the servers open. 
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
Gadheras
16 February, 2017, 3:14 PM UTC

BiohazarD said:




I prefer sub models in online game, but hey people is silly and then you get to places where have a full level 5 wall cost you the same as 6 "full price" copies of GTA 5, because we know the dev cost of Stormfall justify that right Plarium?


Stormfall does have a much smaller player base than AAA console games.  So I guess they need more money from each player in order to keep the servers open. 

That is a rubbish view. Because what happens when you make things more afordable? It draw people. More people spending some is better than few spending a lot. Because they notice a lot more when those few drop out than the average player spending some now and then. And if Plarium got such a small base, their numbers on their website clearly lying to us. Also, an AAA tittle can be console, PC, whatever, rpg, mmo, whatever too. I just used GTA5 as an example. Could just as well been Fallout4, Witcher 3 etc, its the compareable price aspect. 


Would you spend the same for like a Fiat as you would a Porche in rl? Why would you do it in a game?


UTC +2:00
1
djmoody
16 February, 2017, 3:31 PM UTC

But the dev costs of Stormfall are a tiny fraction of a console game. Developers spend tens of millions making those games with casts of hundreds and hundreds of people involved (I enjoyed Dragon Age Inqusition so much I let the credits role with the dramatic end music and it went on longer than a movie credits).

Stormfall on the other hand was designed on the back of a fag packet and could have been developed one man and his dog in a weekend, there is so little content to it. Only vaguely time consuming part is the art/graphics.

The money in this game is the advertising budget to attract players. The big companies with capital simply crowd out everyone else.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
0
Gadheras
16 February, 2017, 3:40 PM UTC
djmoody said:

But the dev costs of Stormfall are a tiny fraction of a console game. Developers spend tens of millions making those games with casts of hundreds and hundreds of people involved (I enjoyed Dragon Age Inqusition so much I let the credits role with the dramatic end music and it went on longer than a movie credits).


And still the original Dragon Age (with dlc's and expansion) was better than Inqusition -) But yeah some games these days got a higher budget than a lot of big movies does. Speaking of games. Mass Effect Andromeda anyone? :p
UTC +2:00
0
1776801 users registered; 47921 topic; 285670 posts; our newest member:FFCC00UkraineBANK