This topic is closed

Destiny - Reputation or Troops?

69 Replies
exxxe
16 February, 2017, 8:33 AM UTC

ok test 

first re check their is a second edit 

second yes any personal private messages would be deleted but if sent as in game messages ( sometimes included in chronicles ) it would be removed if one of the players involved ask for it 

i will ask a community manager to fully explain that part since there is a problem understanding it 

also let me remind you that discussing our actions on forum is itself against rules so if you still have issues contact oberon but first wait for a CM explanation 

I'am me and that is what i care about :)
UTC +3:00
Oracle
16 February, 2017, 9:14 AM UTC

test said:

When you previously deleted my posts - Ring any bells??

"players are not permitted to publicize any type of private correspondence"

It's interesting how mod's seem to make up different rules for me, but for Emps or other people trashing me, not so much...I'm just asking for everyone to be treated fairly with the same set of rules - not rules for some, and other rules for others.

The whole thing is bare assertion fallacy. 

3.10 read in full

By joining our Forum, users agree NOT to

''3.10. Flame, spam, flood topics or post off-topic, irrelevant messages. This includes using the forum, email, messages, comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members. Such posts will be subject to removal.''

Note the flame,spam and flood by posting off-topic or irrelevant messages. The ''word offtopic'' has not being probaly, or at all defines, so it leaves the rules open for interpretation by forum moderators. ''off-topic'' is defined as anything stormfall unrelated. But since it was not defined moderators can interprete it as, anything against KT, anything against Unforgiven family, anything against Destiny, or just anything posted by Test. 

The flaminng, spaming and flooding is defined in that second statement as ''
using the forum, email, messages, comments, picture comments and private message systems'' but these can anly apply when such forum, email, mesages ect, are ONLY used to spam other players. 

therefore posting a private message that is in topic and relevant, is not spamming. These also extend to comments, emails, pictures, and private messages, for as long as they as are in topic they SHOULD BE ALLOWED.

The other was also hugely misquoted

it  read in full. 

By joining our Forum, users agree NOT to

''3.16 Debate the Support Team’s decisions or actions or publicly share private communication between yourself and the Support Team. Threads, posts, or comments aimed to announce or appeal the Support Team’s decisions will be removed. ''

Community administrators and moderators respect the right of our players to privacy; therefore, players are not permitted to publicize any type of private correspondence (including support ticket responses and emails). Should you have a comment, a concern, or a question regarding the decision of the Support Team, please leave your feedback in the questionnaire sent to you when you receive a reply. Your feedback is highly appreciated since it helps our Support Team to improve their work.''

Whoever wrote these also left it open to interpretation, but what he left clear was that, the rule in whole, is only to apply to support team correspondences, and any other shared information from the support team. These in extension is explained in the second line. That it was done to protect players Privacy, Not to protect the support team, or its correspondence, not to protect players in game correspondence or anything, but only the players, or submitter to the support team correspondence.

therefore the rule in whole or in part, can't be used to enforce and imaginary subpoena, that is meant to subject Images shared from any other platform, or ingame. The is no rule that facebook messages, or correspondes can't be shared in game.  you can search both rules from top to bottom, the is no Facebook, twitter or snapchat or anything any moderator wishes to be there
As a first year Law(Commercial) dropout, I can say take plarium to court, and you will win. 
Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Trentos
16 February, 2017, 9:32 AM UTC

Oracle said:

As a first year Law(Commercial) dropout, I can say take plarium to court, and you will win. 

Do any of us remember when the fixed business IP address of a pair of twins was shared here in these forums by a member of Destiny? That was disgusting and the most extreme case I have seen that warrants the moderators to apply the rules as they do. As the great Australian balladeer sung "from little things, big things grow".

Lets keep the forums civil guys. Then a greater proportion of the community can have their say. 
UTC +11:00
djmoody
16 February, 2017, 11:43 AM UTC

exxxe said:

I will ask a community manager to fully explain that part since there is a problem understanding it 

Actually can you ask CM to clarify the intention of the rule.

Community administrators and moderators respect the right of our players to privacy; therefore, players are not permitted to publicize any type of private correspondence (including support ticket responses and emails). Should you have a comment, a concern, or a question regarding the decision of the Support Team, please leave your feedback in the questionnaire sent to you when you receive a reply. Your feedback is highly appreciated since it helps our Support Team to improve their work.

I read that quite obviously as a rule to protect Plarium from having it's communications with players exposed publicly. They feel they have a lot to hide is seems.

For me that rule makes absolutely no reference to, or intention to govern sharing in-game player mails, its ALL about interaction with Plarium.

In my post above (probably lost between the Test and Trenton flames) I explained why it is EXTREMELY bad for mails between players that relate only to the game not to be allowed to be shared.

Clearly if people share in-game private mails that have personal and private information about players (their addresses, real names, contact details, info about non-game personal life) those should NEVER be publically shared.

BUT anything that pertains only to the game should be considered public as soon as you press send. That is a hugely important part of the diplo / meta game.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
djmoody
16 February, 2017, 11:50 AM UTC

Trentos said:

Oracle said:

Do any of us remember when the fixed business IP address of a pair of twins was shared here in these forums by a member of Destiny? That was disgusting and the most extreme case I have seen that warrants the moderators to apply the rules as they do. As the great Australian balladeer sung "from little things, big things grow".

Lets keep the forums civil guys. Then a greater proportion of the community can have their say. 

Did that actually happen. I read the forums a lot and never saw that?

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Jezebel
16 February, 2017, 1:01 PM UTC
djmoody said:

Trentos said:

Oracle said:

yeah it was Tweakerbee and Zwiegle from Emps and it wasn't test who shared the IP it was a moderator and it was quickly removed
test
16 February, 2017, 2:04 PM UTC

Trentos said:

And another lie...  Bad Dog!!

Sorry Trentos, no one remembers it because it never happened as you had claimed.  Jezebel is correct.

Oracle
16 February, 2017, 2:58 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Trentos said:

Oracle said:

It happened, It was all provoked by the party concerned. I asked the moderator to remove it. Since it could have facilitated hacking into the players computers. 

But at the times, it was provoked, test noticed how Player A And B sounded similar. and how they responded almost at the same time.  The players responded to the allegations that their IP should be posted, and a moderator quickly did so. But The pictures where removed quickly. and no harm as far as I know was done. 

The moderator was thankfully from UCT+2 so most players didn't notice it, except the party concerned, who are form UCT-2.
Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
Jezebel
16 February, 2017, 4:17 PM UTC
Oracle said:

djmoody said:

Trentos said:

Oracle said:

It happened, It was all provoked by the party concerned. I asked the moderator to remove it. Since it could have facilitated hacking into the players computers. 

But at the times, it was provoked, test noticed how Player A And B sounded similar. and how they responded almost at the same time.  The players responded to the allegations that their IP should be posted, and a moderator quickly did so. But The pictures where removed quickly. and no harm as far as I know was done. 

The moderator was thankfully from UCT+2 so most players didn't notice it, except the party concerned, who are form UCT-2.
lol to my recollection it was requested that the IP be checked not posted and I believe they were actually the ones who ask that it be removed they were online at the time
Alina Bright
Community Manager
16 February, 2017, 4:23 PM UTC

Lords and Ladies, let's clarify this situation. 

It's not forbidden to post screenshots with correspondence between players. BUT if someone posts a screeenshot with correspondence, AND at least one of this correspondence party contacts Moderator or CM and asks to delete it — we remove it from the Forum. 

That's why some screenshots have been deleted and some of them have not. 

Lords and Ladies, let's be respectful and polite to each other. I'm closing this topic to avoid any further debates on this subject. 

1667702 users registered; 34050 topics; 254006 posts; our newest member:rifky rifka