All Categories

Games automatic friend popup

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 13, 2017, 01:3201/13/17
08/25/14

I have no friends that play this game, I have no plans to ask them to join.

How do I stop the game spam of asking me to add people?  
Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 13, 2017, 05:4001/13/17
03/13/15

RandomDrop said:

Call the main office and offer them copious amounts of money.

Here is the parent company's 24/7 contact info

Kabam

959 Skyway Rd, Suite 100

San Carlos, CA 94070

+1 (650) 450-9660

Hahah that was a good joke. 

Hi CToddSmith70, That is the screen when you are idle on the game. It is like a screensaver that pops up once you leave the game open for a while. If you click anywhere outside the place it will go away.

I hope that helps.
Jan 16, 2017, 16:5301/16/17
03/01/16

Lords, you can see this pop up when you don't perform any actions in the game for a while. Thus, the game goes to kind of standby mode. As soon as you close this pop up, you're back in the game.

Jan 16, 2017, 17:0501/16/17
07/25/15

Eugenia Misura said:

Lords, you can see this pop up when you don't perform any actions in the game for a while. Thus, the game goes to kind of standby mode. As soon as you close this pop up, you're back in the game.

How about make a "disable popups" in settings.

Jan 16, 2017, 22:0801/16/17
03/13/15
Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

That should be a good idea to add it in the profile settings or something.
Jan 16, 2017, 23:3101/16/17
07/25/15
Warrior said:

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

That should be a good idea to add it in the profile settings or something.
but probably declined because they want to bombard us with great offers right?
Jan 17, 2017, 14:2301/17/17
03/01/16

Yes, it's declined because it's not just a usual "pop up" window that indicates some comleted action or something like that. It's a way to protect the server from unnecessary work while a player is inacive. It's part of the system work, not a gameplay feature which can be disabled.

Jan 17, 2017, 16:5501/17/17
07/25/15

Eugenia Misura said:

Yes, it's declined because it's not just a usual "pop up" window that indicates some comleted action or something like that. It's a way to protect the server from unnecessary work while a player is inacive. It's part of the system work, not a gameplay feature which can be disabled.

lol wut? you REALLY have to explain that one closer "technicaly" , because that sounded. to be frankly silly.

Jan 17, 2017, 17:2001/17/17
03/13/15
Maybe Eugenia mean performance issue due to unnecessary hits for the feature on the inactives.
Jan 17, 2017, 18:1401/17/17
07/25/15

Warrior said:

Maybe Eugenia mean performance issue due to unnecessary hits for the feature on the inactives.

you dont need a pop up for that. you just need a simple time out on x time idle... Also it shouldn't be any added "server ticks" going for have your account active or idle. Because whatever you got running on your account will do so even you not there. And if you not doing anything and the game is idle, you don't add any added activity to the server either.

So that was the worst excuse ever. It feels like we get regarded as simpletons...

Jan 18, 2017, 15:0901/18/17
03/01/16

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

lol wut? you REALLY have to explain that one closer "technicaly" , because that sounded. to be frankly silly.

I explained it that simple way.

You can specify which part you don't understand and I'll try to rephrase it.

Jan 18, 2017, 15:2301/18/17
07/25/15
Eugenia Misura said:

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

I explained it that simple way.

You can specify which part you don't understand and I'll try to rephrase it.

check my post above.
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 18, 2017, 16:4401/18/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

you dont need a pop up for that. you just need a simple time out on x time idle... Also it shouldn't be any added "server ticks" going for have your account active or idle. Because whatever you got running on your account will do so even you not there. And if you not doing anything and the game is idle, you don't add any added activity to the server either.

So that was the worst excuse ever. It feels like we get regarded as simpletons...

Yeah I don't think the server recalculates all values (res, build times, etc) for every castle every second even when the player isn't online.  It probably just stores the last value, then calculates a new one when needed based on how much time has passed (ie if your castle gets spied or attacked).  So by stopping recalculating these values every second if the player has been gone for more than a few minutes the server might save significant load. When you close the popup it lets the server know that you're back and it starts updating values again. 
Jan 18, 2017, 17:3001/18/17
07/25/15

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

Yeah I don't think the server recalculates all values (res, build times, etc) for every castle every second even when the player isn't online.  It probably just stores the last value, then calculates a new one when needed based on how much time has passed (ie if your castle gets spied or attacked).  So by stopping recalculating these values every second if the player has been gone for more than a few minutes the server might save significant load. When you close the popup it lets the server know that you're back and it starts updating values again. 

That is lazy coding if so, because if it does a "resume" when you close the popup, it could just as well done a resume on any active action you take. Also if the server stop calc the values and just adds up again when you ressume, I see so many problems there, its not even funny. Just because you halt, the world around you doesn't, and then you have inpact of lost arts updates, your obelisk upgrades, dragon bonus and timers, and possible boosters etc. And then possible people raid you on top. It would be crazy if the game had like a backlog of hashmash to spitt out at you when you logon.

BiohazarDModerator
Jan 18, 2017, 20:1001/18/17
Jan 18, 2017, 20:11(edited)
10/04/13

Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

That is lazy coding if so, because if it does a "resume" when you close the popup, it could just as well done a resume on any active action you take. Also if the server stop calc the values and just adds up again when you ressume, I see so many problems there, its not even funny. Just because you halt, the world around you doesn't, and then you have inpact of lost arts updates, your obelisk upgrades, dragon bonus and timers, and possible boosters etc. And then possible people raid you on top. It would be crazy if the game had like a backlog of hashmash to spitt out at you when you logon.

Well the alternative is tracking the resources, troop counts, remaining build times, lost arts research times, troop travel times, etc for all of the hundreds of thousands of accounts on all plarium games, and recomputing all of those values on every clock tick (once per second).  This would be hugely wasteful of computing resources.

It's much more efficient to just record when things were started and store an end time, then only check whether something has finished/deactivated if it would come into play.  Ie you start a griffin lost arts upgrade then log off.  A few hours later someone attacks a beacon that has your griffins in it so the server checks your griffins, sees that they have an upgrade pending, checks the upgrade time to see if the upgrade has finished, and if it has the server updates your account and applies the additional boost to your units.  If no combat happens the server would not know that the upgrade had finished until you log into your account and it checks the timer, but this doesn't matter because your griffins were not involved in any battles so their power never came into play. 

(I don't know that this is how plarium actually runs their server, maybe they just recompute everything all the time, but I would assume they've optimized it as much as possible). 
Jan 18, 2017, 20:3001/18/17
07/25/15

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

Well the alternative is tracking the resources, troop counts, remaining build times, lost arts research times, troop travel times, etc for all of the hundreds of thousands of accounts on all plarium games, and recomputing all of those values on every clock tick (once per second).  This would be hugely wasteful of computing resources.

It's much more efficient to just record when things were started and store an end time, then only check whether something has finished/deactivated if it would come into play.  Ie you start a griffin lost arts upgrade then log off.  A few hours later someone attacks a beacon that has your griffins in it so the server checks your griffins, sees that they have an upgrade pending, checks the upgrade time to see if the upgrade has finished, and if it has the server updates your account and applies the additional boost to your units.  If no combat happens the server would not know that the upgrade had finished until you log into your account and it checks the timer, but this doesn't matter because your griffins were not involved in any battles so their power never came into play. 

(I don't know that this is how plarium actually runs their server, maybe they just recompute everything all the time, but I would assume they've optimized it as much as possible). 

There isn't houndred of thousand active accounts. Inactice accounts would have ticks for resources (if they not full), Also, every game run their own server, or at least their own viretual server on the actual server. Far as I know Plarium doesn't run their own servers, and I got no idea what the actual hardware specs on the ones the games located on. But a game such as Stormfall is far from a resource incentive game in terms of server useage, (unless its coded horrible ineffectice).

Btw, I don't think our individual skills and bonus's applies to units at becons, I think the units at becons take the bonus from the becons and that it, when it come to calculate defence. 

Jan 18, 2017, 21:4901/18/17

Warrior said:

RandomDrop said:

Call the main office and offer them copious amounts of money.

Here is the parent company's 24/7 contact info

Kabam

959 Skyway Rd, Suite 100

San Carlos, CA 94070

+1 (650) 450-9660

Hahah that was a good joke. 

Hi CToddSmith70, That is the screen when you are idle on the game. It is like a screensaver that pops up once you leave the game open for a while. If you click anywhere outside the place it will go away.

I hope that helps.

for me it does not happen like a 5 minute screen saver.  it happens when i am active.  i will click on a castle 1 minute before a raid hits and get ready for a caravan trick and then with 25 to 30 seconds left it will freeze up on me with only 30 seconds lack of activity.  this is irritating during a trick and leaves less room for for a successful trick, sometimes there is a convenient lag spike to follow.  it also happens in the last 30 seconds of a returning raid.  when i click on send troops to catacombs and then sometimes with 10 seconds to go the friends message pops up.  i then have to click off the message and then x out of send troops, so that i can click on send troops again.

it is not a convenient screensaver.  it is an annoyance.  one of many reasons i would never recommend this game to anyone.
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 18, 2017, 23:4501/18/17
Jan 18, 2017, 23:45(edited)
10/04/13

Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

There isn't houndred of thousand active accounts. Inactice accounts would have ticks for resources (if they not full), Also, every game run their own server, or at least their own viretual server on the actual server. Far as I know Plarium doesn't run their own servers, and I got no idea what the actual hardware specs on the ones the games located on. But a game such as Stormfall is far from a resource incentive game in terms of server useage, (unless its coded horrible ineffectice).

Btw, I don't think our individual skills and bonus's applies to units at becons, I think the units at becons take the bonus from the becons and that it, when it come to calculate defence. 

Well you would be wrong on that then.  Individual bonuses do apply on beacons (except castle defense bonus of course).  This has been tested and proven by players multiple times. 

Btw that's what I'm saying, recalculating so many variables on every castle every second would be horribly inefficient.  It doesn't matter whether all the games are on one server or separate servers, computing power still costs money. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.