All Categories

Broken Hamlets

Broken Hamlets

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 15, 2017, 20:0601/15/17
03/13/15

It is always interesting to see how people have active selective reading on.

Anyways i should have posted this screenshot. This is during an active PvP and trust me i am in a dead area. I need to spy and find dead castle to get my resources and go to about an hour away. Also i did mention they are good during PvP for the reasons already provided above.

BiohazarDModerator
Jan 15, 2017, 21:4001/15/17
10/04/13
Warrior said:

Anyways i should have posted this screenshot. This is during an active PvP and trust me i am in a dead area. I need to spy and find dead castle to get my resources and go to about an hour away. Also i did mention they are good during PvP for the reasons already provided above.

4 occupied hamlets in a 150 mile range (so probably out of 100 or more) isn't very promising.  (Yes I know it says 70mi range at the top but that's obviously not true since all the ones found are over 70 miles away). 
Jan 16, 2017, 01:1001/16/17
Jan 16, 2017, 01:11(edited)
06/22/14

BiohazarD said:

Warrior said:

4 occupied hamlets in a 150 mile range (so probably out of 100 or more) isn't very promising.  (Yes I know it says 70mi range at the top but that's obviously not true since all the ones found are over 70 miles away). 

Range of 150 mi means 300 mi. 

And in that range for 99% of time no one holds hamlet. So no one have any benefit of hamlet, except indirectly Plarium. Explanation is as usual very simple; Plarium has no need to make complex solution for its greed. Simple and rude.

Plarium took from us settlements where we could get some benefit with usually small risk (except we wanted big risk) and pushed us into market to get same things.

Fairy tales about benefits for attackers, improved balance and similar can't find listeners in kinder garden, so please stop repeating them. At least we're all have more than 13 (I believe).

Jan 16, 2017, 19:0201/16/17
04/12/16
The new traveling time took something that was faulty and crushed it in to the ground. No one send any defense to hamlets any more, and no one profit from them. Just admit you did something wrong and make it as it was. I just about had it with this game now, the more time you spend in game the more stuff you lose. Maybe just log in once eash day and build units then log out. With the different quest people have like kill 500 units capture a hamlet the new traveling time means that your hamlet will get attacked 100% in ten minuts. ANd it is stupid to send to mush defence there because people attack with all they have so you lose all your defence and they lose all or most of their offence and gain nothing. Just make em like settlements or trevers the travelig time you are breaking the game.
Jan 16, 2017, 19:2101/16/17
12/06/16
Hamlets used to bee something I could do while waiting for raids or spying, now I don't send any defense there at all because yeah they are broken. Soon everyone will realize this and hamlets will just die. To tell the truth I dont log in as often to raid now because I cant do hamlets at the same time so then I dont bother doing all my raids anymore.
Jan 16, 2017, 22:1301/16/17
03/13/15

I would say the Hamlets were basically made to add another field for PvP.. It was too one sided with settlements being stacked by league defense. Now atleast there will be more PvP in the hamlets and i think it was made to make it more PvP and provide 1 to 1 player fight rather than league vs player fight.

I still say it is hard to hold the hamlets.
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 16, 2017, 22:4701/16/17
Jan 16, 2017, 22:47(edited)
10/04/13
Warrior said:

I would say the Hamlets were basically made to add another field for PvP.. It was too one sided with settlements being stacked by league defense. Now atleast there will be more PvP in the hamlets and i think it was made to make it more PvP and provide 1 to 1 player fight rather than league vs player fight.

I never had a problem with leagues stacking settlements.  It just requires players to use a little strategy instead of blindly throwing massive offense and hoping things go well.  I'd send 100 infantry at each settlement, and if it all dies and kills nothing then you know the settlement is stacked and move on to the next one.  There were usually a few that had like 500 golems on them or something similar, and you could get good pvp off them. 
Jan 17, 2017, 07:3701/17/17
05/04/16
Warrior said:

No there is no pvp in hamlets because people send 20 archers max.
Jan 17, 2017, 07:4901/17/17
Jan 17, 2017, 07:57(edited)
03/20/14

toretang9087 said:

Warrior said:

No there is no pvp in hamlets because people send 20 archers max.

So this didnt happen?

https://imgur.com/Vd3NtXZ

https://imgur.com/V1CqgXO

Even with the troop limit on sending at hamlets it is still a slaughterhouse for the defenders.

Jan 17, 2017, 07:5901/17/17
06/11/15

The game is set towards Offense if you factor in build cost and value of the troops. All of the bonuses recently added are percentage based. So 1% to offensive troops is a much larger gain then it is to defensive troops that already take more build time then point value compared to offensive troops. So the hamlets are one on one true but time/money value of off/def troops are not equal. Almost all of the additions to the game benefit the offensive troops much more then defensive. Besides all attacks on hamlets are hit and run raids. If it was forced to be a siege at least there would be some risk to the attacker instead all of the risk at hamlets rests on the defensive player, so why would anyone do that? Thus the majority of hamlets are just PVP sacrifices to get some points for league events. Also if you could see incoming by putting spys in there it could help make them more useful.

Just my opinion :)
Jan 19, 2017, 21:4601/19/17
Jan 19, 2017, 21:58(edited)
08/31/15

Eugenia Misura said:

Djmoody, Hamlets have own mechanics, it's hard to compare them to Settlements since the mechanics is very different. For example, defensive Units don't take part in the battle and offensive Units go back to the Catacombs automatically after a Hamlet was captured. New and different doesn't mean bad.

Each player should always have a strategy. Resources are not infinite, you can't buy all troops you see at the Black Market, and all troops and bonuses that you have will be useless if you don't learn how to use them wisely.

Hamlet mechanics are skewed massively in favor of the attacker.  You can literally fire and forget since your troops are auto recalled and automatically go back to cata.  Most folk use hamlets to hunt PvP or to send tiny amounts of defense that are usually in and out before attackers can find and nuke them.  

As DJMoody mentions, I see a lot of really dumb players just blind attack hamlets.  I got way more PvP than I should have from one hamlet I had minimal def in because the guy seems to have just thrown everything in his cata at it:  spies, def, thieves...even some offense.

http://imgur.com/a/seapm

http://imgur.com/a/fCtaw

http://imgur.com/a/NLEim

http://imgur.com/a/Qwisf

only thing he forgot to throw in was the kitchen sink.

Jan 21, 2017, 20:5901/21/17
Jan 21, 2017, 22:58(edited)
11/04/15

ThatGuy said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Djmoody, Hamlets have own mechanics

Each player should always have a strategy

Hamlet mechanics are skewed massively in favor of the attacker.  You can literally fire and forget since your troops are auto recalled and automatically go back to cata.  Most folk use hamlets to hunt PvP or to send tiny amounts of defense that are usually in and out before attackers can find and nuke them.  

I got way more PvP than I should have from one hamlet I had minimal def in

Sending a mixed attack force is a bit odd, but he lost well below 1% so you lost over 99% .. and you will get no worthwile pvp from killing his defense, only from his offense
In fact, your screenshots seem to prove that loss percentages are completely messed up at hamlets. His losses appear random
If he lost 1 of 64 griffins , then why did he only lose 1 of 158 paladins?

I lost over 700 archers in less than 2 minutes - http://prntscr.com/dylzc6
and only got 69 pvp points, they should normally be worth over 350 pvp
We have been told defenders are rewarded for units lost, but why are the rewards so low?

This example should suffice, I lost 709 archers in normal pvp and got 458 points

700 archers should fire 7000 arrows in the first minute, before any enemy can get near enough to attack
Maybe Plarium needs to read about Agincourt
A huge victory for massively outnumbered archers

It takes 5 minutes before they start to collect any resources from hamlets, so sending tiny defense in and out can never earn any points in hamlet harvest

Can someone refresh my memory?
I believe there are 5 or 6 sizes of hamlet which should only be visible to players of similar level, so what are the tiers?
I did not expect to be attacked by a player almost 10 levels higher. If they don't appear in my tournament tier then it is grossly unfair that they are allowed to attack us

"Each player should always have a strategy" - this is laughable
There has not been any 'strategy' in this game for a long time
Our best strategy would be to leave eveything in catacombs until plarium actually start to listen to us

Jan 22, 2017, 09:2801/22/17
07/25/15

toggit said:

ThatGuy said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Djmoody, Hamlets have own mechanics

Each player should always have a strategy

I got way more PvP than I should have from one hamlet I had minimal def in

Sending a mixed attack force is a bit odd, but he lost well below 1% so you lost over 99% .. and you will get no worthwile pvp from killing his defense, only from his offense
In fact, your screenshots seem to prove that loss percentages are completely messed up at hamlets. His losses appear random
If he lost 1 of 64 griffins , then why did he only lose 1 of 158 paladins?

I lost over 700 archers in less than 2 minutes - http://prntscr.com/dylzc6
and only got 69 pvp points, they should normally be worth over 350 pvp
We have been told defenders are rewarded for units lost, but why are the rewards so low?

This example should suffice, I lost 709 archers in normal pvp and got 458 points

700 archers should fire 7000 arrows in the first minute, before any enemy can get near enough to attack
Maybe Plarium needs to read about Agincourt
A huge victory for massively outnumbered archers

It takes 5 minutes before they start to collect any resources from hamlets, so sending tiny defense in and out can never earn any points in hamlet harvest

Can someone refresh my memory?
I believe there are 5 or 6 sizes of hamlet which should only be visible to players of similar level, so what are the tiers?
I did not expect to be attacked by a player almost 10 levels higher. If they don't appear in my tournament tier then it is grossly unfair that they are allowed to attack us

"Each player should always have a strategy" - this is laughable
There has not been any 'strategy' in this game for a long time
Our best strategy would be to leave eveything in catacombs until plarium actually start to listen to us

There is no such thing as innitiative in this game. Just Def and off... In a more sensible world you would have Def ranged units open up first. Then ranged off. then as def should be entrenched, attacking non ranged units based on speed hit the wall of def. 

So in reality doesnt matter if a unit is a goat or a dragon. just a unit card with off and def values. and speed in terms of time it take to get from a to b....

Jan 22, 2017, 23:4701/22/17
Jan 23, 2017, 00:41(edited)
11/04/15

djmoody said:

So I think we concluded that hamlets are completely broken. It's not new news, people did post all the flaws immediately they were released.

Btw changing the time is stupid. There shouldn't be a block that is impossible to overcome that allows OCD noobs to send tiny wave after wave to farm free stuff without any risk. Sorry you won't like to hear that but it's just the truth.

At this point Plarium will have problems creating any balanced and workable gameplay. Because they allowed infinite troop purchase immediately. They got stupidly skewed mega coined offence. Makes it very very difficult to create any workable content.

The change to make is not have them be 1 v 1. Then the massive armies have to have some caution and can't simply run around causing havok as they might hit an entire leagues defence and die. Then you need some skill at testing and reading test reports before you can safely attack someone (something none of the uber coiners ever work out as it takes some time/effort and brains).

Not completely broken - they work well on kabam servers, but you guys on plarium servers throw too much money at this stupid game (shame on you all hahaha)
The problems that need fixing are attack speed and attack limits - they are insane
and also the broken combat algorithm that always gives reduced rewards to defenders
I would be quite happy to lose thousands of archers if I was given the correct rewards, but I would never waste expensive units on hamlets because there is no defense bonus

As shown above, I lost 700 archers, but I did get 360 sapphires (that was the only reason I sent them)

[23:06] Oberon: The Hamlet Harvest Tournament has come to a close!
You earned 69 Points in this Tournament.
You earned the following rewards:

Sapphires: 10
Great Lord: 2
Demon: 4

Your performance in the Tournament has earned you the #87 place in the Rankings! You have earned the following rewards for this feat:

Sapphires: 350
Skull Runes: 1

but on kabam I got 1200 sapphires and lost no units :-

[20:03] Oberon: The Hamlet Harvest Tournament has come to a close
You earned 44 Points in this Tournament.
You earned the following rewards:

Sapphires: 5
Great Lord: 2

Your performance in the Tournament has earned you the #15 place in the Rankings! You have earned the following rewards for this feat:

Sapphires: 1200
Skull Runes: 2

You guys wouldn't last 5 minutes on facebook's servers 

p.s. The max eagle's nest radius for hamlets is 3x 70miles = 210 miles
but the radius does not form a circle (plarium's idea of geometry ... like the x,y coordinates on the map appearing in the wrong quadrants)
The corners of the square can be much further than 210 miles

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.