This topic is closed

Stormfall is dying

44 Replies
Alina Bright
Community Manager
20 January, 2017, 2:11 PM UTC

I understand your point, Djmoody. However, we won’t make the changes you suggest.

Our developers have their own vision of the game, and it should come as no surprise that the game development process is mostly based on their vision, and their plans. Of course, multiple factors are taken into consideration: analytics, stats, player feedback and suggestions, marketing research, and many other things. However, neither of the factors can be prevalent. We understand that some players would like others to have less benefits and armies. However, it's not the direction we'd like our game to evolve in.

You say that Beacon is the only long term content in the game. I would rather say that it’s because Leagues is the most interesting aspect of the game. And I agree here with you. We strive to create and improve features related to this aspect. Additionally, we give players an opportunity to unite against the stronger enemy. Only up to 3 players can attack at the same time. And 160 can defend (if we're talking about the Fortress or a Beacon). 3 against 160! Even if those 3 have huge armies, they're still limited with how much they can send at a time. And the Defenders have no limits. All your power can be combined against the upcoming attack. And it's up to the League leadership to motivate their League mates to send their Defense to protect their League's strategic points.

A single player cannot defeat the joint Defense, even if he has a huge army. This game is not about single warriors, it's about Leagues, unions, allies, sacrifice of your own Units for the common good, etc. It's hard, challenging, sometimes it may seem almost impossible. It's easier to say that the things are not fair, that some players have bigger armies while you have nothing to put against them. But there's also another way, which is much harder, but which can bring you to the wanted glory.

UTC +2:00
djmoody
20 January, 2017, 3:41 PM UTC

Shame my vision has a long term future for the game.

Your's is just to exploit the maximum short term cash out of it before it dies.

A single player cannot defeat the joint Defense, even if he has a huge army.

That comment has me fuming.

You must know that it's completely untrue. And in the off chance you just meant it sincerely you just proved Plarium have absolutely no understanding of their own game.

Dark Plains - lets take Frenzie's 700-800m army for instance. That is bigger than any beacon in the game. So you are just plain wrong, even in the simplest of terms.

Worse still when paired with other armies the Emps hammer was/is 1.5bn with all boost running. Under siege mechanics (where overwhelming forces get exponentially better battle results) that hammer can:

- Kill a 100m beacon with take only approx 25% or 25m losses (25m into 1.5bn, is 60 beacons btw)

- Kill a 25m beacon taking only a handful of losses (easily taking out all the minor leagues in the game with offence to spare)

PS I know infinitely more about the game than you do. You moderate a forum, I actually play the game. It was never going to be a fair contest. I talk to your customers daily (on TS), you ignore them while typing daily. 

So what is it with all these patronising posts? You think I am not aware of the implication of the 3 league strike?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is some theory crafting back at you to stretch your brain and take you to some new places.

The 3 league strike both protects smaller league and dooms them at the same time. 

Because you allowed instant purchase immediately there are giant hammers (3 players) that can take down any small leagues beacons. The 3 people in a league strike is utterly irrelevant at that point. The small/medium leagues are still utterly vulnerable.

But if you are a smaller league without uber coin. If you ever want to offensively take a beacon you can't. Because the sum of your 3 biggest players, isn't going to match up in any way comparably to the defense of an entire league (as you point out in your post).

So actually how this game works out is:

- A small number of leagues with uber coined hammers (and in a couple of cases just large players who have played for 3yrs+) who can attack and take down beacons at whim

- Everyone else who can't make a dent in a beacon and live of the scraps of jumping into lvl1's with defence, that the small number of major leagues have just taken down

That is the way this mechanic plays out in the game you have created, or more is to the point the way you allowed it to be distorted by pay to win.

Now you have a major problem (and I have been thinking about this recently). You really need to adjust the 3 person league strike so that more league can run offensive actions and enjoy the game. Maybe 5 man or more league strike should be allowed. But if you relax the limit like that the big hammers just get even bigger and can utterly ruin the game taking beacons down for literally no losses (because of the way the siege mechanic works).

The solution is this:

- Allow more people into a league strike

- BUT when you go over 3 ppl a power cap comes into play (as per attacking a fortress)

- The more people you add the lower the cap becomes

So Emps with a 3 person hammer of 1.5bn would gain nothing from adding a 4th person as it would introduce a power cap lower than the level they already achieve with 3 people. The big hammers don't get bigger

BUT a small league could add more players, for sake of argument 10 but he held to a cap of say 100m because they added 10. Suddenly a lot more people can attack beacons. Check your "amazing" analytics and see how many leagues have ever taken down a fully defended lvl 5 (there are leagues in top 10 who have never).

In one foul swoop you (well I) have solved the dilema of the league attack. Suddenly smaller leagues and players can actually hope to run some offensive action and take a beacon down.

My responses are more than you ever deserve....

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
IronApex Turok
20 January, 2017, 9:16 PM UTC

this is the most active thread....

an notice its only the company who is defending the title. 
Lord Mark
21 January, 2017, 3:38 AM UTC

So funny here :)

I dont know why, but in a very short time i think we will have all Jumy's fate :))

The dev vision is very clear Eugenia :

'' How can we make this idiouts use more VISA ?"

Go Plarium !

Tychi
23 January, 2017, 5:06 PM UTC
Eugenia Misura said:

I understand your point, Djmoody. However, we won’t make the changes you suggest.

Our developers have their own vision of the game, and it should come as no surprise that the game development process is mostly based on their vision, and their plans. Of course, multiple factors are taken into consideration: analytics, stats, player feedback and suggestions, marketing research, and many other things. However, neither of the factors can be prevalent. We understand that some players would like others to have less benefits and armies. However, it's not the direction we'd like our game to evolve in.

You say that Beacon is the only long term content in the game. I would rather say that it’s because Leagues is the most interesting aspect of the game. And I agree here with you. We strive to create and improve features related to this aspect. Additionally, we give players an opportunity to unite against the stronger enemy. Only up to 3 players can attack at the same time. And 160 can defend (if we're talking about the Fortress or a Beacon). 3 against 160! Even if those 3 have huge armies, they're still limited with how much they can send at a time. And the Defenders have no limits. All your power can be combined against the upcoming attack. And it's up to the League leadership to motivate their League mates to send their Defense to protect their League's strategic points.

A single player cannot defeat the joint Defense, even if he has a huge army. This game is not about single warriors, it's about Leagues, unions, allies, sacrifice of your own Units for the common good, etc. It's hard, challenging, sometimes it may seem almost impossible. It's easier to say that the things are not fair, that some players have bigger armies while you have nothing to put against them. But there's also another way, which is much harder, but which can bring you to the wanted glory.

Did you copy and paste this?
1725765 users registered; 43296 topics; 271875 posts; our newest member:klev81