This topic is closed

Propotion of Accounts that are Alts?

31 Reply
Oracle
10 January, 2017, 7:02 AM UTC

I consider altists stupid. Starting or playing the same game twice is rather retarded tendency. I have studied alts user and have a biggest intel of whose alts is whose. I find that the higher the league is in the ranking the higher the amount of alts. I find that pro KT league are not ashamed of their alts, and even have a leagues full of their alts. Destiny-pro leagues have the biggest alts, and they alts are everywhere and captains all over the map, so is Anarchy alts, which they limit to their enemies

I myself have no alt.

Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
BiohazarD
10 January, 2017, 3:25 PM UTC
oracle said:

I consider altists stupid. Starting or playing the same game twice is rather retarded tendency. I have studied alts user and have a biggest intel of whose alts is whose. I find that the higher the league is in the ranking the higher the amount of alts. I find that pro KT league are not ashamed of their alts, and even have a leagues full of their alts. Destiny-pro leagues have the biggest alts, and they alts are everywhere and captains all over the map, so is Anarchy alts, which they limit to their enemies

I myself have no alt.

Unfortunately alts are currently a major part of the game.  A lot of people see it as "Why build tens of thousands of spies when you can just slip an alt into an enemy league and see all their beacons for free?"  I wouldn't call it stupid, mathematically it makes perfect sense (if you don't mind violating the game rules and risking getting banned, although that risk seems to be very low).   
UTC +0:00
djmoody
10 January, 2017, 4:27 PM UTC

I think the spying thing is 100% part of the game.

It's smart gameplay. As a league captain who hunts spies, I know It's not that easy to make a spy look like a convincing real member. It takes a of time and effort to be successful.

I am always going to be in favour of gameplay that enables the hard working and smart to get an edge. It's a strategy game after all.

Dean / Dark Reaper, being a double agent and making it to marshal of KoC, removing King Arthur as leader of KoC main, stirring things up and being a large part of a load of defections to KT (this was all 2 years ago btw before anyone gets excited). I see that as amazing gamplay. Both in the skill it took to execute but also in the actual value and content it brings to the game for that person and all the rest of us.

Spying is part of war - intelligence if often as big a part of winning as anything that happens on the actual battlefield.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Warrior
10 January, 2017, 6:05 PM UTC
djmoody said:

I think the spying thing is 100% part of the game.

It's smart gameplay. As a league captain who hunts spies, I know It's not that easy to make a spy look like a convincing real member. It takes a of time and effort to be successful.

I am always going to be in favour of gameplay that enables the hard working and smart to get an edge. It's a strategy game after all.

Dean / Dark Reaper, being a double agent and making it to marshal of KoC, removing King Arthur as leader of KoC main, stirring things up and being a large part of a load of defections to KT (this was all 2 years ago btw before anyone gets excited). I see that as amazing gamplay. Both in the skill it took to execute but also in the actual value and content it brings to the game for that person and all the rest of us.

Spying is part of war - intelligence if often as big a part of winning as anything that happens on the actual battlefield.

I absolutely agree with what u said DJ. I hope we get comments from the expert in this field :)
Please Like the Post if you agree or if it helps
UTC +6:00
IronApex Turok
11 January, 2017, 1:56 AM UTC

I used to keep a log of all the players who quit. theyd turn over their accounts and passwords. 

clearly i dont have the time to use them, but i have access to 40ish accounts. 

years ago in an older game, now defunct, i would buy and trade accounts.   The dead account market would pay for my game spending.   it was a nice symbiosis. 
Alina Bright
Community Manager
11 January, 2017, 3:12 PM UTC

Yes, it's interesting question, Djmoody. To tell the truth, I don't have such numbers or proportions :)

And, if it's interesting for you (), I 100% agree with your statement about spying too. I believe that many great victories were held thanks to such a strategy. Even I was such a spy
BiohazarD
11 January, 2017, 7:19 PM UTC
Eugenia Misura said:

Yes, it's interesting question, Djmoody. To tell the truth, I don't have such numbers or proportions :)

And, if it's interesting for you (), I 100% agree with your statement about spying too. I believe that many great victories were held thanks to such a strategy. Even I was such a spy
Wait you have an account in the game that you use to spy on leagues?
IronApex Turok
11 January, 2017, 8:06 PM UTC
Eugenia Misura said:

what server are you playing on?
exxxe
11 January, 2017, 10:34 PM UTC
BiohazarD said:

Eugenia Misura said:

hahah i bet its for us to keep an eye on us LOL
I'am me and that is what i care about :)
UTC +3:00
Gadheras
11 January, 2017, 10:52 PM UTC

exxxe said:

BiohazarD said:

Eugenia Misura said:

hahah i bet its for us to keep an eye on us LOL

Plarium seeding spies into leagues of "rebelious" players to keep an eye on them. So when they start overstep in the league chat  they can "silence" them, lol.. j/k...

Lady Nerium KT-S2
11 January, 2017, 11:24 PM UTC

I'm thinking that the alt to single castle player is probably 75% ratio. I know that a lot of people have quit and handed off login to team mates or friends. Others are running multiple alts to generate resources or troops to support others in an attempt to equalize the coiner advantage. Sad when you have to do that, but it's become a fact of life. 

I don't have time for alts, but if those who do are willing to meet all the league requirements and keep them active, I don't have a problem with them.  How do you tell anyway since it's so easy to teleport, change name and castle name, and you're instantly a new person.
I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
12 January, 2017, 12:22 PM UTC
I didn't say that in was here, in Stormfall
1664638 users registered; 33989 topics; 253119 posts; our newest member:tinka6t6