All Categories

Players are all A-hats

Players are all A-hats

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 7, 2017, 14:0701/07/17
07/10/14

Players are all A-hats

Clearly virtually everything ever written in the forum now is extremely negative.

I know, as I share the same experience as you that this is borne out to the ultimate in frustration, that Plarium will NEVER listen to a thing you say, won't enter into any rational debate about important issue.Ultimately we all end up with the same conclusion that we are valued as less than the shit on their shoes. Hence the forum descending into it's current form.

But I wanted to step back from that for a minute.

What do you think Plarium think of us?

Do they think that most of the players are smiling and happy? That unfortunately just a few "wrong uns" turn up in the forums. They spread horrible lies and untruths. If only the majority of the happy smiley players would turn up and post for a change?

It's incredulous to me that the state of this forum is no warning to Plarium about the state of their games. Even the die hard players are now quitting.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 7, 2017, 15:1601/07/17
07/25/15

I think Plarium made their own bed tbh.

Yeah sure, first of all Plarium is a business, they need to make money. But they need to look at what KIND of business they into. 

The gaming industry is all about cater for the players, make them interested, vested, nurse them, keep them over a long time. Fair enough you have a vision for your games, but it need to be a bit more than just bleed the customers as much as possible before the game goes titts up. If you take care of the players needs, the players take care of yours. 

I know there is those that very selfish and want to have all content served for free. f2p means ALL FREE, that is just a dream. If you so bad off you cant spend ANYTHING on a game, then you got bigger problems in life than worry about that. You will find most players spend when they see there is something worth spending on. 

But on the other side you have Plarium seeming to go like "take from them everything, give them nothing"... and that doesnt work either. And their approach to us seems to be sit quiet in the boat, don't rock it or we throw you overboard. If you don't play your own game, how can you understand the players that does? And play testing on a closed server just for Plarium employees is not the same. Imho, you would want to pick the brains of your old long time players, find out what works, what doesn't and use this to improve the game, because "here have a pink dragon for 1000 sapphires... that approach just doesn't work"

Jan 7, 2017, 15:4401/07/17
Jan 7, 2017, 15:45(edited)
12/13/14

djmoody said:

Do they think that most of the players are smiling and happy? That unfortunately just a few "wrong uns" turn up in the forums. They spread horrible lies and untruths. If only the majority of the happy smiley players would turn up and post for a change?

It's incredulous to me that the state of this forum is no warning to Plarium about the state of their games. Even the die hard players are now quitting.

Natural Rebels or Expert Rebels?

http://company.plarium.com/news/blog/gaming-forums-user-manual-for-community-manager-and-developer/

Jan 7, 2017, 16:1201/07/17
07/25/15

What should you do with player suggestions?

You need to know your product inside and out in order to understand how a new innovation can affect the development of the game. To do this, you need to play actively every day.

^^^^^^

Yeah about that, lol.
Jan 7, 2017, 16:1401/07/17
07/02/15
Snowgoon said:

djmoody said:

http://company.plarium.com/news/blog/gaming-forums-user-manual-for-community-manager-and-developer/

And this brings up the next question..  Do you see all players or the majority like this? as rebels?  if so it is probally because of something that has been done there is always a few "rebels"  but if all players seem to be rebels it should be obvious that the game or foroms itself are not adequate.
Jan 7, 2017, 18:5601/07/17
11/04/15
Gadheras said:

What should you do with player suggestions?

You need to know your product inside and out in order to understand how a new innovation can affect the development of the game. To do this, you need to play actively every day.

^^^^^^

Yeah about that, lol.

Jan 8, 2017, 17:2701/08/17
Jan 9, 2017, 21:59(edited)

thanks snowgoon for the link.

"A player’s feeling that the game is rigged against them in some way, possibly due to frustration after suffering a defeat."

this has been my entire posting for 6 months.  when absolutely every engagement in the game developed by plarium is a resource sink.  the only two growth paths are quests and tribute.

all engagements are a resource sink.  if two evenly matched players engage each other, both sink half of their troops.  this can be 10's of millions of power.  if one player overwhelms another,  a 1/1 kdr (power) kicks in with a penalty going to the overwelmer.

if two armies face each other with muskets, army A  has 100 troops, army b has 1000 troops,  the musket has a 20% chance to kill.  this would mean that if both sides fired at the same time that army A would lose 200 troops and army b would lose 20 troops in a single shot scenario.  since army A only has 100 troops, they would be wiped out.

that is war.

.............................................................................................................................................................................

this is plarium war

Army A  loses 100 troops and army B loses 110 troops.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

bgs the alternative to pvp.  for me it has always been a 10% loss in total power.  that is until i hit a wall and could not get  a "payout" within 15 levels of my rune bgs.  other players experience may be different,  but i believe there have been more players like me in the game than there have been experts at bgs who "make a profit"

..............................................................................................................................................................................

when money is spent on sapphires, and the sapphires are misused because of a game flaw, such as the number of troops being sent or the type of troops being sent, or troops purchased/revived, because the troops change in the final split second of pressing send.  then help/support only see's the final action, but does not see the flaw in the game that created a final action contrary to the will of the player.  the answer received is "this is not a technical error".  plarium is so afraid of being ripped off by 4k sapphires worth of pixels, that there are no big boys who can reason with a player and make an executive decision,  they are afraid to refund the 4k sapphires while simultaneously taking back the nomads that were an undesired revive due to troops jumping positions when a spy came back to the castle at the exact split second of clicking send.

there are no big boys to refund 4k sapphire pixels for the equivalent nomad pixels.  the big boys do not exist.

...............................................................................................................................................................................

whether troops are bought with real life money or real life time.  how is every single engagement being a resource sink not:

"the game is rigged against them in some way".

i do not "feel" this way because i suffered a defeat.  i "reason" what the game really is, therefore i refuse to suffer defeat.  this by not engaging.  when i have no reason to engage in a war game.  why be a part of it.  and why pay money to support it?

Jan 9, 2017, 09:4801/09/17
07/25/15

BiohazarD said:

http://company.plarium.com/news/blog/trust-your-support/

See, Plarium cares about you.  Plarium is listening.  Plarium is here to help. 

"After a few years in the Plarium support team, I cannot help assessing performance of my colleagues from other companies. I cringe when I hear platitudes like “Please clear the cache. Also, you can click here to see the FAQ, which may contain many answers to your questions.” No, my dear friends, we won’t help anyone this way."

REALLY`? How many times have I read the phrase "clear your cache".....
Jan 9, 2017, 21:4801/09/17
Jan 9, 2017, 23:50(edited)

BiohazarD said:

http://company.plarium.com/news/blog/trust-your-support/

See, Plarium cares about you.  Plarium is listening.  Plarium is here to help. 

i hope that this is not intended for me.  

the propaganda by plarium pertaining to support, managers and developers are great.  they say exactly what they should,  what they say is great (mostly).  but this makes the reality even more evil.  someone somewhere know's the right way to conduct business.  one of these pages, it sounded as if the developer had written it himself,  wrote exactly what should be.  does the developer not understand the difference between his vision and the actual manifestation of his work?  and why do i feel sorry for the developer?

the link you sent:  i don't see where it talks about support only seeing the final action, without seeing the gameflaw that created the final undesired action.  can you highlight this for me.  (the answer is not lack of understanding on my part).  if anything it is the lack of big boys who can deduce a situation on an individual basis.  and yes because of human nature "being evil to the core"  that deduction would have to sort through thousands of scammers.  human nature makes playing a game for "fun" impossible.

Jan 10, 2017, 10:0901/10/17
07/25/15

oracle said:

Snowgoon said:

That is extremely shocking. I wonder what they the think you are on that list. 

I think I am on outright  Rebels by Conviction

Well I'm pro gamer/consumer and advocate for rights to not be screwed over. Maybe that just make me rebelious. That being said, I don't mind pay for games and entertainment, I don't expect everything for free. Just don't try to milk me -)

Jan 11, 2017, 15:0001/11/17
03/01/16

Lords and Ladies, allow me to join to your discussion.

Answering Djmoody's question, no, we don't think that all of our players are always smiling and the game is perfect. We're far from such thoughts. All Community Managers, including me, know that we have many different players with different passions, interests and different vision of the game. And that's really great, because it wouldn't be so interesting.

So knowing all this, our team is trying to develop the game the way it would be interesting for all players: offenders, defenders, those who like PvP battlers or those who prefer PvE, for developers — for all players. You can skip the aspects you don't like in the game and concentrate on those aims that you're interested in.

I'm always here to listen you out and I do my best to give you honest answers on different topics. You can always write Lord Oberon if you feel that you need to get more attention to the topic that bothers you. We created many ways of connection between players and company, because we really care. Of course, some things we can't change, but we're open for your suggestion, your feedback and we try to do what we can in order to make the game better together.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.