Emperors again?

42 Replies
Tychi
21 January, 2017, 8:16 PM UTC
Ryu said:

Again: That is all? No news? Perfectly aware, no trouble, game might even be better for it afterwards. Have fun.

(Re: Game dying fast, do not think so.)

Send me co'ord's and ill end your game within the next hour lol. You can see what happens when ppl with huge armies do what they want when they want and there's nothing you can do except get out you wallet lol
UTC +0:00
djmoody
22 January, 2017, 11:39 AM UTC

ThatGuy said:

I've played too many pay optional games that start good like that then devolve into unbalanced cash grab messes.  Sometimes I think they do it on purpose; the balanced start gets you invested in the game, then they start adding more and more to spend on in hopes players will shell out more and more to stay competitive.  The scary thing is it works.  I never realized so many people had thousands of dollars to throw into pay to win games every week. 

I think you have the nail on the head. And it was the latter - always the business plan right from the start.

This is the second game I have played that started out OK and then was mercilessly driven to Pay to Win extremes in the grab for short term cash. The other simply died due to developer greed as I feel my server of Stormfall is currently doing, will be dead b4 2017 is out.

They will get their Karma though. The businessmen may think this exploitation is great easy money but in 4/5year when their brand is mud and no one will touch their games with a barge pole their reputation is so bad they will learn a harsh lesson.

I also returned to playing single player games recently, so barren is the MMO genre.

That is a lesson for the whole MMO industry to learn. They aren't just competing with eachother but other forms of entertainment. There is very little choice between developers who all seem to be out to simply exploit their customer not make great games. So many people will just stop playing MMO's.

I did also find a couple of RTS's where bad uber coiners will remain bad due to a mixture of control on spending and significant greater strategy elements that require skill.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
cohupaag
27 January, 2017, 9:51 PM UTC

Oh,

I've stepped into the boi's real life Destiny circle jerk around the campfire forum.

Otherwise known as mindless wall of screed.

UTC +7:00
1664631 users registered; 33985 topics; 253112 posts; our newest member:VenUs14