2017 and going forward.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 7, 2017, 17:0301/07/17
12/21/14

Eugenia Misura said:

IronApex Turok said:

I just handed off command of my league to one of my captains.   

unless plarium has some compelling evidence of a 180 turnaround for 2017 i dont really see myself spending much time on this game anymore. 

best of luck to everyone. 

IronApex

Why have you decided to leave, Lord IronApex?

If you don't know the reason by now you never will. Read the post!!!
Jan 7, 2017, 17:1001/07/17
12/21/14
Gadheras said:

Snowgoon said:

Warrior said:

As i said i do agree on the part of the frequency of the event. The frequency is definitely more but you do also agree that this will help in flushing out the inactive defense from the beacons and making some leagues loose the capability to take more beacons.

It only needs ONE beacon massacre to flush inactives, so how do you justify 2 beacon event and 2 fortress events every month

As for server 2 .... there are no inactives in top leagues so these events just increase the bullying of lower ranked leagues (who stand NO chance of ever actually holding beacons, so how can you claim it is helping them?)

You are 100% wrong - smell the coffee, this game will only last 4 months before plarium pull the plug
Like they did on the Kongregate servers

Well with th demise of Flashplayer, it could be the "last milking" before doomsday.
I said this ages ago. They are not interested in solving the problem. Milk the Cow as much as possible and then blame FLashplayer as to why they had to pull the plug!!
Jan 7, 2017, 17:1101/07/17
12/21/14
Warrior said:

After another war of the big leagues the stagnation was again broken by the Beacon Massacre (I myself do not like the update but i will explain it).

Small leagues have now got brave enough to take down beacons(another strategy in play) since there will be minimum losses on their investment. This made the activity surge again. Some league that were not able to get the revenge from the beacon leagues now had an open chance. This also helped out in flushing beacons with inactive defense adding to the balance. Hence clearing out the capacity of some league to hold a lot of beacons.

I did still say the frequency is more for the beacon massacre but I see this as bringing balance and removing stagnation in the game, giving the smaller league option to take beacons and hold them.

All mods should be banned from using this word as you clearly have no idea what it means!!!!
Jan 7, 2017, 18:4001/07/17
Jan 7, 2017, 18:43(edited)
11/04/15

2017 will be exactly TWICE as expensive as 2016

Read the comments by plarium bosses who have vowed to double their revenue EVERY year

Wonder how long this thread will last before it gets censored and closed

Jan 8, 2017, 18:0801/08/17

Tychi said:

Gadheras said:

Snowgoon said:

Warrior said:

As i said i do agree on the part of the frequency of the event. The frequency is definitely more but you do also agree that this will help in flushing out the inactive defense from the beacons and making some leagues loose the capability to take more beacons.

It only needs ONE beacon massacre to flush inactives, so how do you justify 2 beacon event and 2 fortress events every month

As for server 2 .... there are no inactives in top leagues so these events just increase the bullying of lower ranked leagues (who stand NO chance of ever actually holding beacons, so how can you claim it is helping them?)

You are 100% wrong - smell the coffee, this game will only last 4 months before plarium pull the plug

Well with th demise of Flashplayer, it could be the "last milking" before doomsday.
I said this ages ago. They are not interested in solving the problem. Milk the Cow as much as possible and then blame FLashplayer as to why they had to pull the plug!!

when i stated 6-7 months ago in a list of 6 different grievances that i did not believe that plarium was working on the flash issue and i asked the question does it look like plarium was acting like a company that knew it only had 1 year left, it got deleted.

over the last 6-7 months,  i have seen absolutely nothing to change my "opinion"
Jan 8, 2017, 18:4401/08/17
07/25/15
johanrayne said:

Tychi said:

Gadheras said:

Snowgoon said:

Warrior said:

when i stated 6-7 months ago in a list of 6 different grievances that i did not believe that plarium was working on the flash issue and i asked the question does it look like plarium was acting like a company that knew it only had 1 year left, it got deleted.

over the last 6-7 months,  i have seen absolutely nothing to change my "opinion"
Its not like flashplayer will cease to exist, it just wont get worked on, updates and so forth. Over time this will make it more open to security issues and so on. 
Jan 11, 2017, 15:5801/11/17
03/01/16

djmoody said:

It isn't just this guy.

Large chunks of the hard core long term players are quitting my server. The casuals already left during 2016

I myself and planning my swansong goodbuy with a large group of veteran players. After we do what we have planned the server will be dead and we can all quit happy that we achieved something - at last screwing over the people that have screwed us over for so long - Plarium.

Hatred of Plarium is the one thing that unites all players from all leagues. You can be bitterest of enemies, meet on TS and after a bitch fest about what a bunch of wankers Plarium are, you have all bonded.

As the CM asked for constructive feedback. Here are some problems (not the first time I have posted about most of them but hey been ignored for the entire 3 years I have posted 700 posts into this forum).

Problems with the Game:

- Simply not enough content (raid / BG / PvP) no enough. Game gets boring.

- Utterly unbalanced. Can buy infinite troops immediately. No one wants to play a game they can't compete in, ensures most casuals quit and never turn into hard core players

- Imbalance between off and def (due to troop costs for coiners, broken split payouts in BG that favour offence significantly)

- Map has no meaning (not going to go into this but huge amount of strategy is added to games like C&C Tiberium alliances, Gepolis as where you place your castles/locations on the map has big bearing on the game, the warring and the strategy

- 3 years w/o any major updates

- Plarium seem to think adding new shop only items counts as adding content/updates to the game. It doesn't, it each one drives more players out of the game by making the game even more "pay to win".

- Flag and Massace events utterly flawed (but player feedback utterly ignored)

Cultural Issues with Plarium that Alienate Players:

- Utterly cynical pursuit of short term profit at the expense of gamplay and strategy

- Morally bankrupt. Profit at any cost.

- Only a complete bunch of tossers puts out a prize draw update to exploit players, encourage under age gambling and ruin the lives of the 2/3% of the population who have in-built tenancies to become gambling addicts. For the people that hasn't had their eyes opened to the lows Plarium would go to make profit, this finally opened them all.

- No recognition of players as a stakeholder in the games. Plarium owns the games, Plarium maximises short term profit. Nothing else matters. We don't matter.

- Absolute arrogance that they know best. Complete ignorance of the fact that players know more about how games play than developers (cause we play your titles 24/7, we are the ones with the experience of how the games play)

- Utterly ignore, even the best most well through-out, logical, rational feedback

- Ignore even when it's overhwhelming supplied by significant numbers of players. Not even a united voice from the player base has any impact. People lose hope their ideas as a singple player will ever be heard when the entire player base is routinely ignored.

- Simply refuse to enter into discussion and debate with experiended/knowledgable players with the aim of improving the game. Replies never strike to the core of what the players raises, or discussion with logical or rational arguments. Simple flamebait/trolling responses that say Plarium knows best, please move along, nothing to see here garbage, devs analysed the stats etc etc etc

- On the rare occasions they do they listen to feedback, incredulously they seem to listen to some idiot single noob with no experience (e.g. the "online status within alliance" suggestion fail, ranked the best suggestion by Plarium lol)

- Refuse to enter into rational debate about fixing game features no matter what factual evidence is provided by players. Refuse to even acknowledge or address the evidence.

Simply put players are left feeling like there is no way to ever make Plarium listen. That even the most well proposed, logical and rational discussion will just be dismissed out of hand by Plarium staff. There is effectively no hope for improvement. 

And most conclude it's like this because Plarium cares about nothing but money. Plarium doesn't even care about the long term future of it's titles, just short term profit. They invest the minimum they can to keep the titles going and survive purely because of the power of their advertising muscle not the quality of their games.

Thank you for posting this detailed feedback, Djmoody. Let me comment your topics.

Problems with the Game:

- We create new types of Tournaments and Events so that players can choose the event the want to participate.

- All players have several ways to build troops. You can build them for Resources, you can earn them at Battleground, and buy for Sapphires. Each player can choose the way that fits him. It's not that you can get troops only at the Black Market.

- All Units have their antagonists. It's not that you have more types of offensive Units to build, all players are free to build the troops they want. As for the Battlegrounds, you can get both offensive and defensive Units as a Reward.

- All Stormfall is located on the Map, not going to go into this either :) If you want to add more significant role to the Map, you can share your vision.

- So aren't Dragon, League Fortress, Tournaments, Hero, League Quests and many other features major updates?

- There weren't any ways to protect your Castle or leave for a while or hide your troops automatically. We added such an opportunity by players' requests.

- As I mentioned, feedback about these events is not only negative.

As for the Cultural Issues with Plarium that Alienate Players.

The Stormfall is constantly changing. We add new features, fix bugs, implement players' suggestions. The game is alive and it's been changing since 2012. And if you look back into the past, you won't see the majority of features that you got used to play nowadays. As I mentioned earlier, we realize that all players are different and they have different vision of what's good for the game. We try to listen everyone and create features that would help both new and experienced players enjoy the game and build strategy in such aspect they want. I think that such experienced player like you could give many examples of conquering rewards and getting victories in Stormfall using different ways and strategies during all the time. And we hope that new players, which are starting to play the game today, find Stormfall interesting and challenging.

Jan 11, 2017, 16:1701/11/17

Which words in "we shared a lot of suggestions to make the game attractive for the players" you dont understand in this term: "We shared a lot of suggestions to make the game more attractive for the players"?

Every time we said what starts to destroy the game and why a lot of players left, we get any random stuff and that the visions of the devs are high priority bullsh.it. The way Plarium goes is WRONG. Wrong events to the wrong times, useless events to often (beacon massacre, fortress showdown) and every time any changes were only Plarium make advantages in money making.

Stop this and you dont need to ask why the players leave game...
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.