This topic is closed

2017 and going forward.

30 Replies
IronApex Turok
6 January, 2017, 3:40 AM UTC

I just handed off command of my league to one of my captains.   

unless plarium has some compelling evidence of a 180 turnaround for 2017 i dont really see myself spending much time on this game anymore. 

best of luck to everyone. 

IronApex
UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
6 January, 2017, 4:54 AM UTC
Which league are/were you from?
Warrior
6 January, 2017, 4:57 AM UTC
IronApex is from Dark Phoenix on server 2, if i remember correctly.
Please Like the Post if you agree or if it helps
UTC +6:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
6 January, 2017, 3:01 PM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

unless plarium has some compelling evidence of a 180 turnaround for 2017 i dont really see myself spending much time on this game anymore. 

IronApex

Why have you decided to leave, Lord IronApex?

UTC +2:00
Gadheras
6 January, 2017, 3:35 PM UTC

Eugenia Misura said:

IronApex Turok said:

IronApex

I have a feeling if he told you in sincere words. you would end up ban him on the way out -)

Warrior
6 January, 2017, 4:26 PM UTC

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

IronApex Turok said:

IronApex

I have a feeling if he told you in sincere words. you would end up ban him on the way out -)

I am sure there is a lot of pressure building up with beacon leagues with a lot of long ago defense and this could upset some leagues. Maybe that is the reason for it.

But in turn this helps the smaller leagues to be more competitive in the game.
Alina Bright
Community Manager
6 January, 2017, 4:55 PM UTC
Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

IronApex Turok said:

IronApex

If it's a constuctive feedback, I'll gladly listen everybody.
Gadheras
6 January, 2017, 5:04 PM UTC
Eugenia Misura said:

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

IronApex Turok said:

IronApex

I think a whole lot of it comes down to the feeling Plarium doesn't listen to the players. 
IronApex Turok
6 January, 2017, 6:00 PM UTC
Eugenia Misura said:

ive given 600 some posts of constructive feed back... you have yet to listen.
Jezebel
7 January, 2017, 12:52 AM UTC
Maybe actually READ the posts the long term players have been putting up instead of deleting them and ignoring us completely.  Unfortunately I won't be far behind you IRONAPEX
Stewart
7 January, 2017, 4:17 AM UTC
i might hold on for a bit to see what the ship looks like while it is sinking.
Noodle maker extreme
Warrior
7 January, 2017, 4:47 AM UTC

After another war of the big leagues the stagnation was again broken by the Beacon Massacre (I myself do not like the update but i will explain it).

Small leagues have now got brave enough to take down beacons(another strategy in play) since there will be minimum losses on their investment. This made the activity surge again. Some league that were not able to get the revenge from the beacon leagues now had an open chance. This also helped out in flushing beacons with inactive defense adding to the balance. Hence clearing out the capacity of some league to hold a lot of beacons.

I did still say the frequency is more for the beacon massacre but I see this as bringing balance and removing stagnation in the game, giving the smaller league option to take beacons and hold them.

Jezebel
7 January, 2017, 5:19 AM UTC

Warrior said:

After another war of the big leagues the stagnation was again broken by the Beacon Massacre (I myself do not like the update but i will explain it).

Small leagues have now got brave enough to take down beacons(another strategy in play) since there will be minimum losses on their investment. This made the activity surge again. Some league that were not able to get the revenge from the beacon leagues now had an open chance. This also helped out in flushing beacons with inactive defense adding to the balance. Hence clearing out the capacity of some league to hold a lot of beacons.

I did still say the frequency is more for the beacon massacre but I see this as bringing balance and removing stagnation in the game, giving the smaller league option to take beacons and hold them.

Who do you think will be targeted once the top 10 have been wiped out by Emps massively coined hammer? These small unsuspecting leagues that will not be able to defend against these large offense armies. It takes approximately 1 month to build 1 million in defense, I know thats all I have built for the past year beast and occult defense, so say I have 50 million spread across 3 beacons and the beacons get wiped out I lose 5 million in defense and am behind 5 months of building - no the beacon massacre is not good for the game I have spent the last two years building and rebuilding troops NOT so they can be wiped out that way - if the massacre runs every two to three weeks we will NEVER be able to catch up on building our defenses - hence you will see empty beacons on the server sooner than later - balur will have his day he will hold more beacons than the leagues do.

Jezebel
7 January, 2017, 5:24 AM UTC
Stewart_KT1 said:

i might hold on for a bit to see what the ship looks like while it is sinking.
That is pretty much what I am doing - we can make popcorn and watch the festivities together!
Warrior
7 January, 2017, 5:29 AM UTC
As i said i do agree on the part of the frequency of the event. The frequency is definitely more but you do also agree that this will help in flushing out the inactive defense from the beacons and making some leagues loose the capability to take more beacons.
Jezebel
7 January, 2017, 5:44 AM UTC
Warrior said:

As i said i do agree on the part of the frequency of the event. The frequency is definitely more but you do also agree that this will help in flushing out the inactive defense from the beacons and making some leagues loose the capability to take more beacons.
and players will quit out of frustration - players that would have otherwise stayed in the game
Lord Mark
7 January, 2017, 6:02 AM UTC

Jezebel said:

Warrior said:

and players will quit out of frustration - players that would have otherwise stayed in the game

Yes...they quite...and every 'quitter' will 'recomand' plarium ...

GG 
Rosconz
7 January, 2017, 7:43 AM UTC
Jezebel said:

Warrior said:

And their leaving will create a whole new base of inactive defense.
UTC +12:00
Stewart
7 January, 2017, 12:57 PM UTC

And the whole new group of people quiting  in infrustration are making sure they leave their logins to make things even more messy.

eventually the ones with decent strength left will band together into a league, The 15 bil off and 10 bil def league who will smash down any league trying to hold any beacon on the server. Then you will have 1 league holding 1 beacon in first position in the rankings.

And plarium will get the slow clap of victory from themselves and each other while they tell each other how great they are.

And in the end there is darkness as that switch is flicked.
Noodle maker extreme
djmoody
7 January, 2017, 1:44 PM UTC

It isn't just this guy.

Large chunks of the hard core long term players are quitting my server. The casuals already left during 2016

I myself and planning my swansong goodbuy with a large group of veteran players. After we do what we have planned the server will be dead and we can all quit happy that we achieved something - at last screwing over the people that have screwed us over for so long - Plarium.

Hatred of Plarium is the one thing that unites all players from all leagues. You can be bitterest of enemies, meet on TS and after a bitch fest about what a bunch of wankers Plarium are, you have all bonded.

As the CM asked for constructive feedback. Here are some problems (not the first time I have posted about most of them but hey been ignored for the entire 3 years I have posted 700 posts into this forum).

Problems with the Game:

- Simply not enough content (raid / BG / PvP) no enough. Game gets boring.

- Utterly unbalanced. Can buy infinite troops immediately. No one wants to play a game they can't compete in, ensures most casuals quit and never turn into hard core players

- Imbalance between off and def (due to troop costs for coiners, broken split payouts in BG that favour offence significantly)

- Map has no meaning (not going to go into this but huge amount of strategy is added to games like C&C Tiberium alliances, Gepolis as where you place your castles/locations on the map has big bearing on the game, the warring and the strategy

- 3 years w/o any major updates

- Plarium seem to think adding new shop only items counts as adding content/updates to the game. It doesn't, it each one drives more players out of the game by making the game even more "pay to win".

- Flag and Massace events utterly flawed (but player feedback utterly ignored)

Cultural Issues with Plarium that Alienate Players:

- Utterly cynical pursuit of short term profit at the expense of gamplay and strategy

- Morally bankrupt. Profit at any cost.

- Only a complete bunch of tossers puts out a prize draw update to exploit players, encourage under age gambling and ruin the lives of the 2/3% of the population who have in-built tenancies to become gambling addicts. For the people that hasn't had their eyes opened to the lows Plarium would go to make profit, this finally opened them all.

- No recognition of players as a stakeholder in the games. Plarium owns the games, Plarium maximises short term profit. Nothing else matters. We don't matter.

- Absolute arrogance that they know best. Complete ignorance of the fact that players know more about how games play than developers (cause we play your titles 24/7, we are the ones with the experience of how the games play)

- Utterly ignore, even the best most well through-out, logical, rational feedback

- Ignore even when it's overhwhelming supplied by significant numbers of players. Not even a united voice from the player base has any impact. People lose hope their ideas as a singple player will ever be heard when the entire player base is routinely ignored.

- Simply refuse to enter into discussion and debate with experiended/knowledgable players with the aim of improving the game. Replies never strike to the core of what the players raises, or discussion with logical or rational arguments. Simple flamebait/trolling responses that say Plarium knows best, please move along, nothing to see here garbage, devs analysed the stats etc etc etc

- On the rare occasions they do they listen to feedback, incredulously they seem to listen to some idiot single noob with no experience (e.g. the "online status within alliance" suggestion fail, ranked the best suggestion by Plarium lol)

- Refuse to enter into rational debate about fixing game features no matter what factual evidence is provided by players. Refuse to even acknowledge or address the evidence.

Simply put players are left feeling like there is no way to ever make Plarium listen. That even the most well proposed, logical and rational discussion will just be dismissed out of hand by Plarium staff. There is effectively no hope for improvement. 

And most conclude it's like this because Plarium cares about nothing but money. Plarium doesn't even care about the long term future of it's titles, just short term profit. They invest the minimum they can to keep the titles going and survive purely because of the power of their advertising muscle not the quality of their games.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
1722319 users registered; 42872 topics; 272051 post; our newest member:romanpicault