Guess what Plarium..

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 6, 2017, 14:5901/06/17
03/01/16

carolpringle59 said:

IronApex Turok said:

an odd coincidence, they are Ukranian Immigrants from Kharkiv.....  where plarium tech support is located.........   which adds much mystery to this situation. No doubt a Trump Subsidiary

carolpringle59, what is that supposed to mean? 

Jan 7, 2017, 01:0401/07/17
08/03/14

Eugenia Misura said:

I saw the initial post. And as I mentioned, you can't get Sapphires for free or pay less Resources for some in-game actions. 

If we're talking specifically about bots, it has the same functions as the game client. We ban for using it, but it can't give any advantages. It is a substitution of the game client, and you can do many game activities using it. But nothing beyond that.

And yes, 'mass-ban' is one of the ways of struggle with such accounts in the game. It such cases we ban multple accounts at once.

perhaps a public accounting of which castles get banned for botting.  maybe a locked thread, that gets updated.

or simply remove the castles.  why are they not being removed. we know you can remove castles, you did it in server 1 when you added transports. 
Jan 7, 2017, 15:0001/07/17
12/21/14
djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

If we're talking specifically about bots, it has the same functions as the game client. We ban for using it, but it can't give any advantages. It is a substitution of the game client, and you can do many game activities using it. But nothing beyond that.

Why do you write such utter nonsense.

Virtually all MMO's are about grinding repetitive tasks. 

If you play properly they become about your level of dedication and or your efficiency in performing that grind (although this particular game is so unbalanced and broken it's purely about how much money you are willing to spend).

Someone who cheats with a bot can perform all the grinding tasks, to perfection. That is a massive frakin unfair advantage. Not to mention that this can be replicated on multiple accounts for an ultimately ENOURMOUS advantage.

What is the point of posting garbage like this. You just insult our intelligence and alienate us even more.

Word to the stupid - just say you acknowledge what a major problem it is and are working on it. Even if you aren't working on it or are putting such a feeble amount of resource towards it, no sensible solution will come for years. You are better off lying that you are providing a solution than pretending to us there isn't a problem.

CM responses just come across as flamebait/trolling these days. 
THIS ^^^^^^^
Jan 8, 2017, 18:3401/08/17

Stormfall said:

If anyone want to see the scale of the problem with bots/total control thing check out verylargeleage (<yes that's how it is spelled) league on s1.

technically, those are alts, but possibly they bot as well.

yep, wish that is how i could be a league of one.  40 of me.
Jan 8, 2017, 18:4101/08/17
Jan 8, 2017, 18:42(edited)
08/22/15

johanrayne said:

Stormfall said:

If anyone want to see the scale of the problem with bots/total control thing check out verylargeleage (<yes that's how it is spelled) league on s1.

Just 40 Johanrayne? Why not 150? If you work it right you should be able to make # 1 league without having to put any money down or do the grind. Just click, click, click and wait.

Great things come to those who cheat.
Jan 8, 2017, 18:5101/08/17
Rosconz said:

johanrayne said:

Stormfall said:

Just 40 Johanrayne? Why not 150? If you work it right you should be able to make # 1 league without having to put any money down or do the grind. Just click, click, click and wait.

Great things come to those who cheat.
i'm too lazy
Jan 10, 2017, 12:3701/10/17
03/01/16

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

If you play properly they become about your level of dedication and or your efficiency in performing that grind (although this particular game is so unbalanced and broken it's purely about how much money you are willing to spend).

Someone who cheats with a bot can perform all the grinding tasks, to perfection. That is a massive frakin unfair advantage. Not to mention that this can be replicated on multiple accounts for an ultimately ENOURMOUS advantage.

What is the point of posting garbage like this. You just insult our intelligence and alienate us even more.

Word to the stupid - just say you acknowledge what a major problem it is and are working on it. Even if you aren't working on it or are putting such a feeble amount of resource towards it, no sensible solution will come for years. You are better off lying that you are providing a solution than pretending to us there isn't a problem.

I'm stating a fact. Despite we're doing our best to prevent/block the opportunity of using bots in our games, there's a limited amount of action you can do in the game if you using such programs so they don't give any significant advantages.

Lord djmoody, I'm asking you to be polite and treat with respect both players and our team when commenting the topics.

Jan 10, 2017, 12:5601/10/17
07/25/15

Eugenia Misura said:

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

I'm stating a fact. Despite we're doing our best to prevent/block the opportunity of using bots in our games, there's a limited amount of action you can do in the game if you using such programs so they don't give any significant advantages.

Lord djmoody, I'm asking you to be polite and treat with respect both players and our team when commenting the topics.

Just the ability to have units that come out of production get moved to catacombs, because you use scripts (bot software) to do it, create a massive unfair adventage. Or other mundane tasks that require a player to sit in front of the actual screen do stuff. Like activate dragon every 3 hours and so on. It might sounds not much, but in the long run, have a script play the game for you when you not around yourself, create a big adventage. Maybe if you included some code that would make the screen re-adjust slighty every few minutes so clicks would be off. you could counter a lot of this.

Btw, I don't see Dj as being rude to anyone, its more about frustration. Also considering the state of things, I would be more worried about other things than what could be considered bad language if any. The most sensible thing to do, would be to hunker down, adopt a thick skin and try fix   greater issues, and you would see the community turn around as well. As Dj mentioned in another post, when you have rather "key" content creator players leave the game it create huge ripples. Once a domino effect started, its very hard to stop it you  know.  
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 10, 2017, 15:5601/10/17
10/04/13

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Just the ability to have units that come out of production get moved to catacombs, because you use scripts (bot software) to do it, create a massive unfair adventage. Or other mundane tasks that require a player to sit in front of the actual screen do stuff. Like activate dragon every 3 hours and so on. It might sounds not much, but in the long run, have a script play the game for you when you not around yourself, create a big adventage. Maybe if you included some code that would make the screen re-adjust slighty every few minutes so clicks would be off. you could counter a lot of this.

Btw, I don't see Dj as being rude to anyone, its more about frustration. Also considering the state of things, I would be more worried about other things than what could be considered bad language if any. The most sensible thing to do, would be to hunker down, adopt a thick skin and try fix   greater issues, and you would see the community turn around as well. As Dj mentioned in another post, when you have rather "key" content creator players leave the game it create huge ripples. Once a domino effect started, its very hard to stop it you  know.  

Sophisticated bots (like the kind being used to control thousands of accounts) don't actually click on anything, or even load the game graphics.  They just submit packets to the server with certain commands in them (ie upgrade building x, or send troops to target y).  This is why things like graphics changes have little to no affect on the bots. 

As I see it the bots provide huge advantages.  Not in what they can do on a single account, but in the fact that they allow a single person to manage a large number of accounts.   Who needs an account with 500 million offense when you can turn a bot on, then come back a few months later and have 100 accounts with 50 million each?  I suppose it's the same as having several leagues of regular players all willing to spend their entire army however you tell them to, so you could accomplish the same thing by being some kind of super diplomat/leader, but it's certainly a major advantage over even the average coiner. 
Jan 10, 2017, 16:2401/10/17
10/31/14
BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Sophisticated bots (like the kind being used to control thousands of accounts) don't actually click on anything, or even load the game graphics.  They just submit packets to the server with certain commands in them (ie upgrade building x, or send troops to target y).  This is why things like graphics changes have little to no affect on the bots. 

As I see it the bots provide huge advantages.  Not in what they can do on a single account, but in the fact that they allow a single person to manage a large number of accounts.   Who needs an account with 500 million offense when you can turn a bot on, then come back a few months later and have 100 accounts with 50 million each?  I suppose it's the same as having several leagues of regular players all willing to spend their entire army however you tell them to, so you could accomplish the same thing by being some kind of super diplomat/leader, but it's certainly a major advantage over even the average coiner. 
Its happening on pirates, A guy has taken the all ships in the sea on ransom. he hit almost any BH he see fit. I also heard they are operatig in stormfall. 
Jan 10, 2017, 18:4101/10/17
08/05/14

Eugenia Misura said:

1st in game DJ and I have "had our differences".

2nd I have yet to see him be anything but factual about Plarium.

3rd He is correct in that polite works both ways.  I've not read anything where he was rude to you in any way.

4th YOU talk down to us players on a regular basis.  If it isn't rude, it's at least condescending.

5th DJ does represent the views of the majority of the non-coiner players left in this game.  You really should listen to him.
Jan 10, 2017, 22:1101/10/17
Jan 10, 2017, 22:28(edited)
12/13/14

Eugenia Misura said:

And yes, 'mass-ban' is one of the ways of struggle with such accounts in the game. It such cases we ban multiple accounts at once.

You claim to have banned more than one million bot accounts

https://support.plarium.com/enstormfall/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1205/9/bot-accounts--and-alternative-accounts

So why is it so difficult for you to identify the relocated bots on Dark Plains? Many are still active. Last Login:Today and giving 400 res per hour when besieged.
Using castle relocate has completely fooled your devs - they are no longer in pretty lines for you to ban.

You have de-activated the 295 bot line on Untamed (again) but they will be re-activated within a few days, and you seem helpless to prevent this. - http://prntscr.com/dkcfak

Bots from this line sent 4 million defense to my friend's castle and hacked his account when he refused to pay
Try telling us that 4mill castle reinforcements is not significant

"The lifetime of bot accounts is not high as they rarely reach lvl 30-40 in the game. "
Wrong again - they are level 67 and climbing

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.