Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 4, 2017, 14:5701/04/17
12/13/14

Warrior said:

Rosconz said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Thank you for posting this anwer, Lord Gadheras.

As you may noticed (and I pay attention all Lords and Ladies, who were sure that BGs are "our of sync"), Support Team was trying to point out that you might have thought that there's an issue with BGs, but there's not any issue with BGs: "Having considered your recent rewards, you could probably come to a conclusion that the Reward System was out of sync with your investments.

In this regard, we have to state that Infestations belong to the game mechanics which are under the constant control of our developers team. The mechanics of Battlegrounds is thoroughly tested by our QA team at all stages. We exclude the possibility of any irregularities and break-downs in their functioning."

Many seem to have missed this point. why is it that if all is working properly is it under constant control,,, as in adjustment....
Does that point also mean there is a Dev sitting there clicking a button and saying "Hahaha stuff you Lord Mark. No payout for you today." 
That was an amazing interpretation. But the reason for monitoring is the criticality of the feature or funtion. It is like banking transaction are monitored not because someone is sitting there clicking buttons and saying "Approved" and "Declined", it is because the want it to run smoothly.

I can SEE my banking transactions and can get a full statement at any time, our resource bank is top secret .... I wonder why
Maybe because it is broken and they dare not ever admit this?

Jan 4, 2017, 19:4501/04/17
Snowgoon said:

Warrior said:

Rosconz said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Eugenia Misura said:

As you may noticed (and I pay attention all Lords and Ladies, who were sure that BGs are "our of sync"), Support Team was trying to point out that you might have thought that there's an issue with BGs, but there's not any issue with BGs: "Having considered your recent rewards, you could probably come to a conclusion that the Reward System was out of sync with your investments.

In this regard, we have to state that Infestations belong to the game mechanics which are under the constant control of our developers team. The mechanics of Battlegrounds is thoroughly tested by our QA team at all stages. We exclude the possibility of any irregularities and break-downs in their functioning."

Many seem to have missed this point. why is it that if all is working properly is it under constant control,,, as in adjustment....
Does that point also mean there is a Dev sitting there clicking a button and saying "Hahaha stuff you Lord Mark. No payout for you today." 
That was an amazing interpretation. But the reason for monitoring is the criticality of the feature or funtion. It is like banking transaction are monitored not because someone is sitting there clicking buttons and saying "Approved" and "Declined", it is because the want it to run smoothly.

I can SEE my banking transactions and can get a full statement at any time, our resource bank is top secret .... I wonder why

you need buy a good bg calc or autobot by plarium team
Jan 4, 2017, 19:5501/04/17
03/13/15

Snowgoon said:

Warrior said:

Rosconz said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Yup how about distributing the answered to all the problem in the exam before the exams.. that should be a good idea as well..

Plarium gives out BG strategy in a Strategy War game.. not much of a strategy left i say..
Jan 4, 2017, 20:0201/04/17
07/25/15
Warrior said:

Snowgoon said:

Warrior said:

Rosconz said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Yup how about distributing the answered to all the problem in the exam before the exams.. that should be a good idea as well..

Plarium gives out BG strategy in a Strategy War game.. not much of a strategy left i say..
In a game where you can buy yourself to victory, strategy is void.
Jan 4, 2017, 20:3001/04/17
03/13/15
Still can be considered as Wallet Strategy.. I call it Short Cut as well..
Jan 4, 2017, 20:3501/04/17
07/25/15

Warrior said:

No, if you take a game such as warships. Where you can buy higher tier ships, but they wont be overpowered or make you a better player, you just skip grind. That is a short cut.

Use your wallet to keep replenish your army to just pump it into your enemies or tournaments, that is not a short cut, that is buying yourself to vicotry and strategy is void.

Jan 4, 2017, 20:3801/04/17
03/13/15
Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

No, if you take a game such as warships. Where you can buy higher tier ships, but they wont be overpowered or make you a better player, you just skip grind. That is a short cut.

Use your wallet to keep replenish your army to just pump it into your enemies or tournaments, that is not a short cut, that is buying yourself to vicotry and strategy is void.

Some people are severely competitive. cant really stop competition these days.. 
Jan 4, 2017, 20:5401/04/17
07/25/15
Warrior said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

Maybe so but it also throw strategy and tactics out of the window in a game such as this.
Jan 4, 2017, 23:1601/04/17
11/27/14

djmoody said:

Warrior said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

Actually it would be incredibly simple. 

This game is broken because you can buy end game. Eng game here is troops. You can buy an infinite amount immediately. It requires zero gameplay to achieve just wallet. 

That is utterly unbalanced. It's horribly lazy game design. 

You could have all sorts of shop items that simply provided an advantage/boost to actual gameplay and were still desirable. 

Increased troop speed item(s) would reduce the amount of time taken to spy and raid. Would be a great hygiene factor that would ease the grind. If you went back 3 years when the game was active, many people would have paid for that. Maybe you could upgrade your spies/thieves several times, each upgrade making them faster. Anyway, just an example. I am not here to do Plarium's job for them and put out the template for a decent, balanced and successful game.

What Do you say about a TS meeting  ? 

Send me a PM if u want !

Jan 5, 2017, 05:0801/05/17
Jan 5, 2017, 05:10(edited)
03/13/15

djmoody said:

Warrior said:

I think the analogy here would be better explained as:

Plarium are the examining body. They publish marks but provide no insight into marking schemes, refuse to allow appeals and when the population question clearly inexplicable sets of results refuse to enter into any dialogue because "the system must remain secret". No one has any oversight over this body and they are accountable to no one.

Sounds stupid doesn't it. Not the way any examining body in the world would be allowed to operate.

But hey we live it every day in this game.

Well in the point i was just concentrating on the part of giving out the strategy in the strategy game. It we dont develop our own strategy what will be the point of being in a big league or a small league. I do remember in either one of your posts or on Sky's saying that big league use a strategy and help players grow big. If everyone knows even league rank 1000 will be same as league 1. 

Coming to your point on imbalance, i think the balance is being maintained and the stagnation is taken away from time to time. I had done a long post on that explaining in details how.

Let us face a truth, if someone is willing to buy goods from you for $100 you would not say that you only want to sell it at $10. Some people have no limit to spending and they coin. This is how a lot of players have a choice to play without spending. Every league has coiners at some level. As for the BGs, i am no expert like you DJ or Lord Mark, but i have been personally not been having any problems in BG. I have tried telling a few players in my league to use the same strategy and they have been able to make profit (10-15% in troops strength) in all transactions.

So even on personal level, as a player, i did like to differ but i will only give one example.

People throw in Griffins and Dragons and Wyverns, the highest grade troops, they expect to make profit by doing this. The basic logic of the BGs is throw in Low grade troops to get high grade troops at an interest rate of 12.5% (as per Juglar's post). So that mean if i throw 100 griffins in the BGs to fill up the bank, in the payout i can get is 87.5 Griffins. So i dont see the problem in the BGs, i see the problem in the way it is done. As for output of the BGs, i still dont understand it but have seen altleast every 4th BG gives out a payout (partial or complete).
Jan 5, 2017, 14:4301/05/17
06/22/14

Warrior said:

djmoody said:

Warrior said:

I think the analogy here would be better explained as:

Plarium are the examining body. They publish marks but provide no insight into marking schemes, refuse to allow appeals and when the population question clearly inexplicable sets of results refuse to enter into any dialogue because "the system must remain secret". No one has any oversight over this body and they are accountable to no one.

Sounds stupid doesn't it. Not the way any examining body in the world would be allowed to operate.

But hey we live it every day in this game.

Well in the point i was just concentrating on the part of giving out the strategy in the strategy game. It we dont develop our own strategy what will be the point of being in a big league or a small league. I do remember in either one of your posts or on Sky's saying that big league use a strategy and help players grow big. If everyone knows even league rank 1000 will be same as league 1. 

Coming to your point on imbalance, i think the balance is being maintained and the stagnation is taken away from time to time. I had done a long post on that explaining in details how.

Let us face a truth, if someone is willing to buy goods from you for $100 you would not say that you only want to sell it at $10. Some people have no limit to spending and they coin. This is how a lot of players have a choice to play without spending. Every league has coiners at some level. As for the BGs, i am no expert like you DJ or Lord Mark, but i have been personally not been having any problems in BG. I have tried telling a few players in my league to use the same strategy and they have been able to make profit (10-15% in troops strength) in all transactions.

So even on personal level, as a player, i did like to differ but i will only give one example.

People throw in Griffins and Dragons and Wyverns, the highest grade troops, they expect to make profit by doing this. The basic logic of the BGs is throw in Low grade troops to get high grade troops at an interest rate of 12.5% (as per Juglar's post). So that mean if i throw 100 griffins in the BGs to fill up the bank, in the payout i can get is 87.5 Griffins. So i dont see the problem in the BGs, i see the problem in the way it is done. As for output of the BGs, i still dont understand it but have seen altleast every 4th BG gives out a payout (partial or complete).

What you don't want or can't to see is aproblem to get full payout when bank is full. Partial payout you will get always (4th is not truth).

What you suggest is almost impossible, at least for one human life. How and when you will fill 150 level with troops of first level?

So, if that levels exist (truth) there have to be some way to fill them, or Plarium directly made money collector in the game. IF BG is achievable then you have to use troops from level 3 and 4, and all of your conclusions are problematic.
Jan 5, 2017, 14:5301/05/17
03/13/15

I agree to the above that lvl 3 and 4 can be used and this was just an example where i took only lvl 1 and 2 troops.. obviously as DJ said in some other post.. the big league have a lot more insight on the trick and i am sure DJ is more of an expert in this case than i am to comment on how to optimize the use of Lvl 4 troops..

Jan 6, 2017, 03:2801/06/17
Jan 6, 2017, 03:33(edited)
02/22/15

So Warrior I would like to address a statement you made about giving out the answers before the exam in relation to you saying that this is a strategy game.

How can BG be a strategy????

If it is a bank then when full it should pay how does that equate to strategy?

I can show I had over 300 mil banked before a payout with a max banking level of 250 mil or so, where is the strategy???

This is from December starting from ZERO bank (even though my previous record showed 100 mil trapped)

http://prntscr.com/ds2usp

Jan 6, 2017, 07:3201/06/17
11/27/14

thefray said:

So Warrior I would like to address a statement you made about giving out the answers before the exam in relation to you saying that this is a strategy game.

I can show I had over 300 mil banked before a payout with a max banking level of 250 mil or so, where is the strategy???

This is from December starting from ZERO bank (even though my previous record showed 100 mil trapped)

It will give U no answer...

Write a Ticket... :)
Jan 6, 2017, 16:1001/06/17
Jan 6, 2017, 16:16(edited)
03/13/15

thefray said:

Hi Fray, The reason for me calling a strategy is because some of the player throw in Legendaries just to kill the BG faster ad they think this will add more to the bank, whereas you and me both know that this is not the effective method.. Some people also use Griffins where as you and me both know that Griffins are the highest unit you can get and BGs are made for giving the higher level troops for the lower level and still they think this is the right way of doing it. If there was no strategy of using the right troop in an effective way would not matter. Also keeping in mind that you loose 12.5% of the resources so putting griffins will make sure you loose since you are bound to get less troops based on the troops losses of the griffins.

So if there was no strategy whatever you put in you would get it back without loosing in troops power even if you threw the highest level troops (Griffins).

Just an example with defense troops the same goes for offense troops.

And obviously you are way more experienced in the BG,  infact you and Bio were the ones that explained BGs to me. I still do it and still make profit in troops strength. So i have no idea why you did not get the payout or short in the payout but all i can say that i have not experienced any losses or any fall in my BGs and this is all out of personal experience and from the people i have spoken to who are doing it the same way.
Jan 6, 2017, 16:2001/06/17
03/13/15
Lord Mark said:

thefray said:

A different reply :)
Jan 7, 2017, 10:4901/07/17
11/27/14

Warrior said:

Lord Mark said:

thefray said:

A different reply :)

Yes yes...strategy...bla bla ....

Tomorow i will brake a lvl79 off...

I will post my reward
Jan 7, 2017, 13:1801/07/17
Jan 7, 2017, 13:19(edited)
03/20/14

djmoody said:

The 12.5% is an urban myth. I have posted corrections about this on the forum before.

It was actually spread on this forum by a moderator (surprise surprise as the Mods know "so much about the game").

Oh thank jebus, i haven't seen yous post that before and thought that yous believed that as well, now that you have said it and i seen it i can finally say that our experienced players and to a smaller degry myself (i normally need a certain player to finish my BG run to get my payouts, You know who that is) have never payed a % of bg tax of any kind.
Jan 10, 2017, 12:4301/10/17
03/01/16

Lords and Ladies, the official answer has been given several times. There is no issues with Battlegrounds.

Rewards calculations are still based on the troops you lose. You might not get anything for the Battlegrounds you just did but it is supposedly tallied together and you will eventually get Rewards. Remember, that you might not receive the same amount of troops or more of them, but you can get the better ones.

Jan 10, 2017, 13:0901/10/17
07/25/15

Eugenia Misura said:

Lords and Ladies, the official answer has been given several times. There is no issues with Battlegrounds.

Rewards calculations are still based on the troops you lose. You might not get anything for the Battlegrounds you just did but it is supposedly tallied together and you will eventually get Rewards. Remember, that you might not receive the same amount of troops or more of them, but you can get the better ones.

People are not complaining about not get the same amount of troops or resouces back out. That is a given that you can upgrade weaker units into better ones. The issue is when players find they keep bank resources and don't get any back out. There is those that from desperation been trying to bank offensive units into offensive bg's (and other way around) and still not break the bank to get units out. 

I know Plarium just shoot this down, but it would help a long way just to have a indicator that show if you have a posetive bank or a negative bank in regards of expect a payout. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.