All Categories

A change of tack?

A change of tack?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 29, 2016, 04:2212/29/16
08/22/15

A change of tack?

Plarium has always appeared to have a 'hands-off' approach to dealing with the bots. But now we see a thread that was started with the express purpose of collecting bot addresses to be given to support so Plarium didn't have to make any extra effort, has been CLOSED.

This tells me that Plarium has moved from ignoring bots to actively defending them. 

It won't be long now until bots are taking our beacons 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 29, 2016, 07:1112/29/16
03/13/15

Hi Rosconz,

It is not that we closed the post since we wanted to hide anything. There is nothing to hide. We accept the complain and acknowledge that it needs to be fixed and it is not just about removing the existing ones it is about giving a permanent fix to the problem. We dont want to keep the players seeing a cycle that we remove them and they come back.

Since the issue is already agreed to be fixed it makes no sense to keep it open for people to keep discussing over it. Is it like the most used Line on the forum "Flogging a dead Horse". That is what keeping the post open would only cater to.

Having 10 out of 100s of bots does not make a difference if we cannot get to the root of the issue and fix it forever. It will only create more discomfort and disturbance to the players, since if the issue is not fixed from the root more of them will pop up sooner or later.

I hope we agree on this.
Dec 29, 2016, 07:5612/29/16
08/22/15

Oh! Have Plarium acknowledged the problem and committed to do something about It? I must have missed that post. 

So after years of being told to report them it is suddenly not important to know where they are?

I guess you can't answer Warrior since you are a new Mod but are Plarium saying why this wasn't done a long, long time ago? 

Dec 29, 2016, 08:1512/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 08:17(edited)
03/13/15

Rosconz, There were multiple attempt to fix this but as i said fixing a Game code is not like Magic, waving a wand in the air does not fix the issue. 

It is at time hard to find the exact issue with millions of line of codes and trillions of line of logs. All moderators and CMs have been saying this all along that the Devs are working on the fix. It does not mean that you complain today and wake up the next day to find every thing working like Magic.

Some fixes are complex and some issues are complex they need time to find and fix.The only problem that is see is CMs and Moderators were being nice to the players but just saying that the fix is being worked on and not giving them straight hard facts about the scenario of Game Development. Plarium Devs does not want say we fixed the issue to find it crops up the next day. This has happened in the past and we learn lessons from our mistakes.

I like stating thing in the most upfront way possible, people may not like me for it but that is they truth my friend. But just keeping on harping about the issue that has been way long acknowledged does not take the discussion anywhere just will be running in loops where you will say there is an issue and i will say we know that and we are trying to fix it.

As for my being a moderator now, buddy i have been playing this game much before you even had heard about the game and have been active on the forum reading all the post for a much longer time that you did.

Dec 29, 2016, 08:1912/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 08:38(edited)
08/22/15

Warrior said:

Rosconz, There were multiple attempt to fix this but as i said fixing a Game code is not like Magic, waving a wand in the air does not fix the issue. 

It is at time hard to find the exact issue with millions of line of codes and trillions of line of logs. All moderators and CMs have been saying this all along that the Devs are working on the fix. It does not mean that you complain today and wake up the next day to find every thing working like Magic.

Some fixes are complex and some issues are complex they need time to find and fix.The only problem that is see is CMs and Moderators were being nice to the players but just saying that the fix is being worked on and not giving them straight hard facts about the scenario of Game Development. Plarium Devs does not want say we fixed the issue to find it crops up the next day. This has happened in the past and we learn lessons from our mistakes.

I like stating thing in the most upfront way possible, people may not like me for it but that is they truth my friend. But just keeping on harping about the issue that has been way long acknowledged does not take the discussion anywhere just will be running in loops where you will say there is an issue and i will say we know that and we are trying to fix it.

As for my being a moderator now, buddy i have been playing this game much before you even had heard about the game and have been active on the forum reading all the post for a much longer time that you did.

Excuse me? Can you show me this post where the issue was "way long acknowledged"? As I said, I have never seen it.

I know there is never going to be an overnight fix, thats obvious, but your first post in this thread was the first I have seen that suggested maybe Plarium gives a toss about this issue.
Dec 29, 2016, 08:2412/29/16
06/22/14

Warrior said:

It is at time hard to find the exact issue with millions of line of codes and trillions of line of logs. 

How do you know this?

Btw, if this is a truth then Plarium developers are simple amateurs. But I think that they aren't, so please answer the question.
Dec 29, 2016, 08:4112/29/16
03/13/15
Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

It is at time hard to find the exact issue with millions of line of codes and trillions of line of logs. 

How do you know this?

Btw, if this is a truth then Plarium developers are simple amateurs. But I think that they aren't, so please answer the question.
This is my trade for many years.. and i am an expert in this field with more than 12 years.. even a kid that joins the company i work in knows this.
Dec 29, 2016, 08:4512/29/16
06/22/14

Warrior said:

But just keeping on harping about the issue that has been way long acknowledged does not take the discussion anywhere just will be running in loops where you will say there is an issue and i will say we know that and we are trying to fix it.

A much more than running in loops. That's pressure because we want to someone do something about that.

There is no need to close such discussions just because you think that they are loops, because you have very a little knowledge what thinks really are and your opinion is simple equals to other players opinions. Very soon from time when you became Mod became irritating (compared to what were before that time). Do you have obligations t prove yourself to Plarium, or simple you found new value in yourself?

With the best of intentions, your answers became dust in the eyes. You could learn from previous Mods wrongs, but you didn't.

Until now. There is so many useful thinks that you can do on the forum, and answers like those on this thread, or other threads ("The BGs were made to convert low level troops to higher troops and give profit out of it but people seems to throw in griffins and wyvern and dragons and still expect profit which is not what i think it should work" ???) are more for children than for adult readers.

As player you could say whatever you want, that was your opinion. As Mod, every your answer has Plarium's power and we expect Plarium answer or nothing.

Dec 29, 2016, 08:5512/29/16
07/25/15

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

How do you know this?

This is my trade for many years.. and i am an expert in this field with more than 12 years.. even a kid that joins the company i work in knows this.

Uhm. All player data is stored in data tables, and you could set any code moneky on start data mine the tables for annomalies that bots stand out as. The code of the actual game got nothing to do with dealing with bots already in the game. If you an expert you would known this. Our player date can be more compared to a giant@ass xcel sheet.

The real issue is the willingness of Plarium to deal with the problem. 

It's so twisted they look at bots as content for players. Just when the bots start win tournaments I guess they maybe start think they let it slide to far. 

Dec 29, 2016, 08:5712/29/16
03/13/15

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

But just keeping on harping about the issue that has been way long acknowledged does not take the discussion anywhere just will be running in loops where you will say there is an issue and i will say we know that and we are trying to fix it.

A much more than running in loops. That's pressure because we want to someone do something about that.

There is no need to close such discussions just because you think that they are loops, because you have very a little knowledge what thinks really are and your opinion is simple equals to other players opinions. Very soon from time when you became Mod became irritating (compared to what were before that time). Do you have obligations t prove yourself to Plarium, or simple you found new value in yourself?

With the best of intentions, your answers became dust in the eyes. You could learn from previous Mods wrongs, but you didn't.

Until now. There is so many useful thinks that you can do on the forum, and answers like those on this thread, or other threads ("The BGs were made to convert low level troops to higher troops and give profit out of it but people seems to throw in griffins and wyvern and dragons and still expect profit which is not what i think it should work" ???) are more for children than for adult readers.

As player you could say whatever you want, that was your opinion. As Mod, every your answer has Plarium's power and we expect Plarium answer or nothing.

Just a word of advice, it is easier to say that it is an easy fix sitting on the computer just playing this game. How about you tell us how to fix it since you seem to be acting like an expert. i would definitely like to hear the idea and remember it should be a permanent fix not a workaround to clear the bot castles now.

As for the loop, you say it is creating pressure but buddy it is called in our trade sooner our later falling deaf on the ears. Why would anyone read about your post or reply since they know it is the same reply they have already given. I  consider that spamming rather than creating a pressure. The person with the loudest voice is not always right.

Dec 29, 2016, 08:5912/29/16
03/13/15
Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

How do you know this?

Uhm. All player data is stored in data tables, and you could set any code moneky on start data mine the tables for annomalies that bots stand out as. The code of the actual game got nothing to do with dealing with bots already in the game. If you an expert you would known this. Our player date can be more compared to a giant@ass xcel sheet.

It's so twisted they look at bots as content for players. Just when the bots start win tournaments I guess they maybe start think they let it slide to far. 

great idea even though using Ice age technology. That would only remove the existing bots. what about if new ones get created. I said permanent fix not workarounds.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:0412/29/16
03/13/15

There is a term we use in IT world a lot.. Wasted Efforts or Redundant Efforts.. Just cleaning the bots that are existing will only be a Redundant effort which needs to be redone every time the new bot lines appear. the best solution is when you dont waste the effort but first fixing the root cause and then doing the cleanup.

I could run a IT 101 with all but this is not a right forum to do it.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:0612/29/16
06/22/14

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

How do you know this?

If millions and trillions which must be checked as you said is truth, then all of that is simple garbage. And that is the truth for professionals with 2-3 years of experiences.

But, I  pleased you to answer on much more simple question: How do you know this?

Dec 29, 2016, 09:0712/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 09:11(edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ifJapuqYiU

A change of tack? no, nothing has changed

and even the individual tickets are watched, i find same cheats players, strange eh and now in VIP 

you are fantastic crook (BG)

another free mod, yes
Dec 29, 2016, 09:2312/29/16
03/13/15

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

How do you know this?

If millions and trillions which must be checked as you said is truth, then all of that is simple garbage. And that is the truth for professionals with 2-3 years of experiences.

But, I  pleased you to answer on much more simple question: How do you know this?

Wow i really need to give a Coding 101 soon. There are categories of issues this is not just a game bug but another type of issue (i am not willing to use the term since simple minded people will take it other wise). The fix is not just in the game code but it is in the base underlying code that runs on the infrastructure as well as other monitoring that needs to be run to detect it. I have solved similar issues in the past not for Plarium but for other types of development (you understand that i cannot divulge names since i would be bide by the code of ethics).

For me it was a piece of cake to understand the issue(not the root cause since i dont have the access to what the Devs have). 

As for the millions and trillions number that i used it is a ballpark estimated figure based on my experience. Also you might want to read what i said regarding the figures carefully if you do understand IT terms. A simple code in Java for a POS system even generates a log of 1GB in a day for a single type of transaction by multiple users. if you do understand IT terms you can do the maths on the size of the log and the amount of data in it.

Dec 29, 2016, 09:2512/29/16
06/22/14

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

Just a word of advice, it is easier to say that it is an easy fix sitting on the computer just playing this game. How about you tell us how to fix it since you seem to be acting like an expert. i would definitely like to hear the idea and remember it should be a permanent fix not a workaround to clear the bot castles now.

As for the loop, you say it is creating pressure but buddy it is called in our trade sooner our later falling deaf on the ears. Why would anyone read about your post or reply since they know it is the same reply they have already given. I  consider that spamming rather than creating a pressure. The person with the loudest voice is not always right.

I'm not on forum to write about myself ("you seem to be acting like an expert"), but for everything that you said about yourself, you're just a kid for me. We can stop here to make direct conversation, this is forum for all players not for individual promotions. OK?

Real spamming is what you're doing, because your answers, and not your only, personally, are object or our funnies, reacts, hates, ...

If you're right about my posts, then no one will react on them, and after while I'll stop to waste my time. If you're not right maybe someone from Plarium will understand something one day. No one of us can't know that. Also, many other players will or not will continue that discussion. Answer will come alone without your or my judgement.

Idea will be post in one of next answers (I already saw good post for that) 

Dec 29, 2016, 09:2812/29/16
03/13/15
Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

I'm not on forum to write about myself ("you seem to be acting like an expert"), but for everything that you said about yourself, you're just a kid for me. We can stop here to make direct conversation, this is forum for all players not for individual promotions. OK?

Real spamming is what you're doing, because your answers, and not your only, personally, are object or our funnies, reacts, hates, ...

If you're right about my posts, then no one will react on them, and after while I'll stop to waste my time. If you're not right maybe someone from Plarium will understand something one day. No one of us can't know that. Also, many other players will or not will continue that discussion. Answer will come alone without your or my judgement.

Idea will be post in one of next answers (I already saw good post for that) 

Read the very fist post i already said the fix is in progress.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:3412/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 09:38(edited)

begins with how and what tricks are there, how everything is the base of this game and how there are those who gain with cheats autobot and other fantastic BG program

autobot castles many time change name and they transform in fake players, many fake players use autobot also=Plarium team

Dec 29, 2016, 09:3512/29/16
06/22/14

Warrior said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

How do you know this?

great idea even though using Ice age technology. That would only remove the existing bots. what about if new ones get created. I said permanent fix not workarounds.

Maybe originally idea about excel sheet isn't good, but as I know all data are in database.

Today, there is no db engine which can't control whole situation as on going process. Simpler than my previous sentence.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:3712/29/16
07/25/15

Warrior said:

Wow i really need to give a Coding 101 soon. There are categories of issues this is not just a game bug but another type of issue (i am not willing to use the term since simple minded people will take it other wise). The fix is not just in the game code but it is in the base underlying code that runs on the infrastructure as well as other monitoring that needs to be run to detect it. I have solved similar issues in the past not for Plarium but for other types of development (you understand that i cannot divulge names since i would be bide by the code of ethics).

For me it was a piece of cake to understand the issue(not the root cause since i dont have the access to what the Devs have). 

As for the millions and trillions number that i used it is a ballpark estimated figure based on my experience. Also you might want to read what i said regarding the figures carefully if you do understand IT terms. A simple code in Java for a POS system even generates a log of 1GB in a day for a single type of transaction by multiple users. if you do understand IT terms you can do the maths on the size of the log and the amount of data in it.

This is where I feel like "you know nothing Jon Snow".....

You don't know me, you don't know others here on the forum and what we do, work, rl and so forth. Claim expert and tell people are "simple minds" is not really a good way to make friends, just saying.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:4012/29/16
07/25/15
Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

How do you know this?

Maybe originally idea about excel sheet isn't good, but as I know all data are in database.

Today, there is no db engine which can't control whole situation as on going process. Simpler than my previous sentence.
I used the term xcel sheet as a example for people to understand how the user data is stored. I didn't imply the user data was stored in xcel shet or had anything to do with excel. All user data is in a database, and have nothing to do with millions of lines of code. and tbh I don't think Plarium even close to have that many lines of codes in this game at all :p
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.