This topic is closed

We don't understand.

60 Replies
Stormfall
26 December, 2016, 5:55 PM UTC

Warrior said:


I have been in IT industry for the past 12 years

...and now you are a moderator on stormfall forum... congratz? Your last comments sounded liked you were trying to get the position.

ps. did the number of moderators finally surpassed number of active people here?

UTC +2:00
0
Gadheras
26 December, 2016, 6:12 PM UTC

Warrior said:




4th para: I have been in IT industry for the past 12 years and playing MMO games for the past 15 years(atleast) and i can say that the forum can improve and we can put in the forum as suggestions inorder to get it in Developers eyes rather than whining about it here. The filtering is required to make sure only relevent information is passed since if all things are passed there is a higher possiblity that the important parts can be missed. Hence the first line of support was created.

Well I been playing mmo's ever since the first round of Planetarion. Thats over 16 years ago. Their server was run from the living room of the dudes ran the game, and you could chat with them on IRC.


Since then I played numberous mmo's and other games. Been beta tester for several, age of conan, swtor, secret world and a few others. Im used to have the devs actually communciate with the players in mmo's I play. Over 13 years with EVE and CCP Games probably spoiled me a lot as well. What I really miss with Plarium is accountability. You have the CM's acting as carrier pidgeons. But you have no idea who sitting on the other side. Its a sterile enviroment, not good for build a healthy commuity. If there exist such a thing as a lead dev, or game designer(s), have some face time with the community in form of dev blogs or videos wouldn't be that terrible.

The feeling I got is kinda like



UTC +2:00
2
Warrior
26 December, 2016, 8:24 PM UTC

Gadheras said:


Warrior said:




4th para: I have been in IT industry for the past 12 years and playing MMO games for the past 15 years(atleast) and i can say that the forum can improve and we can put in the forum as suggestions inorder to get it in Developers eyes rather than whining about it here. The filtering is required to make sure only relevent information is passed since if all things are passed there is a higher possiblity that the important parts can be missed. Hence the first line of support was created.

Well I been playing mmo's ever since the first round of Planetarion. Thats over 16 years ago. Their server was run from the living room of the dudes ran the game, and you could chat with them on IRC.


Since then I played numberous mmo's and other games. Been beta tester for several, age of conan, swtor, secret world and a few others. Im used to have the devs actually communciate with the players in mmo's I play. Over 13 years with EVE and CCP Games probably spoiled me a lot as well. What I really miss with Plarium is accountability. You have the CM's acting as carrier pidgeons. But you have no idea who sitting on the other side. Its a sterile enviroment, not good for build a healthy commuity. If there exist such a thing as a lead dev, or game designer(s), have some face time with the community in form of dev blogs or videos wouldn't be that terrible.

The feeling I got is kinda like



Great to hear that you have experience as a tester. then you will definitely understand the scenario difference that i am about to explain.


A tester is a person who will directly interact with developers. A Beta / Alpha testing game is usually build so that it can be released to a small set of player so that the scenarios can be tested by live users of the game. Hence they are able to directly contact the Developers.


The scenario here is different, it is the live game that we are talking about. The moderator and CMs also help in finding, validating and recreating bugs that are reported or that they can find. It is then reported to the Devs. And hence the moderator and the CMs act as the first line of support.


The game can evolve and get better if both the sides understand the limitation of each other.


Also since you do understand the MMO Gaming scenario and the gaming scenario well, i would also like to highlight that we have good and experienced players like you that make up the center point of improvement of the game. We do our best to take every possible point to the Devs but as you know that each of the things need to be prioritized and categorized before even the fix has been thought. Also the terms used in communication will be different at each level. We understand the terms that you use but the same might not be the exact terms that are used by the Devs, solution designers, etc. I am sure you are already familiar with all this.


As the CM said that we and will do the best we can but we all have our roles to play.

Please Like the Post if you agree or if it helps
UTC +6:00
1
zach-rose11
26 December, 2016, 9:02 PM UTC

I think it would benefit Plarium, to introduce a tutorial or either sponsor a player to help the community understand BG mechanics in real-time via live stream or a Q/A with actual answers not just linking an excel spreadsheet or telling them to yellow bar.


If this were to happen, players would see a better way to do BG's and thus they would start doing them more often. Plarium would not lose any money this way either, since you would attract more players to actually "WANT TO" do BG's instead of them coming on the forums and complaining how they lose more than they gained and get the response of, "You're doing them wrong. Look at this payout I got! 10,000 dragons and 5,000 Grifs!).


tl;dr Teach us a correct or at least better way of doing these crucial BG's and allow us to see rewards more often to encourage more attempts!


UTC +5:00
1
Warrior
26 December, 2016, 9:07 PM UTC

zach-rose11 said:


I think it would benefit Plarium, to introduce a tutorial or either sponsor a player to help the community understand BG mechanics in real-time via live stream or a Q/A with actual answers not just linking an excel spreadsheet or telling them to yellow bar.


If this were to happen, players would see a better way to do BG's and thus they would start doing them more often. Plarium would not lose any money this way either, since you would attract more players to actually "WANT TO" do BG's instead of them coming on the forums and complaining how they lose more than they gained and get the response of, "You're doing them wrong. Look at this payout I got! 10,000 dragons and 5,000 Grifs!).


tl;dr Teach us a correct or at least better way of doing these crucial BG's and allow us to see rewards more often to encourage more attempts!


There is a banking Battleground tutorial. I hope this one helps..


http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-tutorials/10777_banking-battlegrounds



Please Like the Post if you agree or if it helps
UTC +6:00
0
zach-rose11
26 December, 2016, 9:20 PM UTC

Warrior, with all due respect, I feel like the link you provided me is an outdated version. No one seems to believe that that "tutorial" is helpful, I mean, at least from reading through the comments. It is from 2015, and it is outdated, at least parts of it. Would you care to ask Lord Oberon for an updated version? :) 



I think that the majority of the community is having trouble with BG's and it's causing them to not want to play, or causing them to quit the game. Can't see how Plarium would want this! :(
UTC +5:00
1
Gadheras
26 December, 2016, 9:26 PM UTC

Warrior said:




As the CM said that we and will do the best we can but we all have our roles to play.

"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."


Words of a colorful man that...


I feel we the players getting played like stooges....

UTC +2:00
1
Warrior
26 December, 2016, 10:51 PM UTC

Gadheras said:


Warrior said:




As the CM said that we and will do the best we can but we all have our roles to play.

"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."


Words of a colorful man that...


I feel we the players getting played like stooges....

i understand the situation here.. Not more than few weeks back i was at the same place as you. But in only way we can go ahead is by working together. We will try our best and will need all your support by making the discussion so that we have more things to take ahead from here.


Really appreciate the details that all the players put forward here so as to make our discussion with Devs more proof based.
Please Like the Post if you agree or if it helps
UTC +6:00
1
ajohn.abs
26 December, 2016, 11:02 PM UTC

Guys wake up!!!!! You all see it in every post the Mods make lol.


Its time to all move on!!! 

Nothing will ever change!!!

UTC +0:00
1
Gadheras
26 December, 2016, 11:06 PM UTC

Warrior said:


Gadheras said:


Warrior said:




As the CM said that we and will do the best we can but we all have our roles to play.

"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."


Words of a colorful man that...


I feel we the players getting played like stooges....

i understand the situation here.. Not more than few weeks back i was at the same place as you. But in only way we can go ahead is by working together. We will try our best and will need all your support by making the discussion so that we have more things to take ahead from here.


Really appreciate the details that all the players put forward here so as to make our discussion with Devs more proof based.

Yeah but there is no real discussion. Its more about the players complain and get sick of the deafening silence from Plarium in regards of the said complaints. The releation between players and the devs need to be more symbiotic. The one can't exist without the other. In the words of Plarium.. everything is just "out of sync"...


UTC +2:00
2
Drogar61
26 December, 2016, 11:21 PM UTC

@Warrior

Don't blame yourself further, for nothing.

Plarium have one payed employee per time per game in Role of CM, some kind of interaction between Plarium and players.

CM isn't customer support. It is Plarium advocate, and stands for Plarium trying to rise fog every time when it is possible. We never got any support/help from CM's, or any other Palrium stuff.

Mods are special story, very well composed from Plarium. Not expert but experienced user chosen for Mods (sometimes Mod could be very less experienced, Plarium doesn't care) are used for free to protect Plarium's interests. No one Mod have any real knowledge about Plarium and it's processes. They could use their own knowledge, very often very wrong, to get some responses on forum.

So, Plarium have no spends for them, and in turn Mods are new fog makers in complete scene, because they have no real knowledge just assumptions, so far from the truth. Couple Mods tried to be honest and to write some kind of neutral answers, trying to be useful. Most Mods tried to promote themselves as authority. Sometimes based on wish to help, but more often based on nothing.

I believe that you believe that Plarium has development team as you described but that isn't truth. Lord Oberon explained that before almost 2 years. Plarium has a much more simpler, naive, smaller dev team.  Cheap obviously. And with cheap customer oriented team (1 payed employee) Plarium has huge profit for themselves.

@Zach-Rose11

All in this game has only one purpose to make money for Plarium. That isn't wrong. The way how they collect money from us is more than wrong.

One of the most profitable thing in that is BG. BG is intentionally kept as black box with unknown algorithm, and used very clever to push players into sapphires buying. Today, there is no one point when any player can earn benefit using its skills, time and effort in the game.

There was a time when that was possible, but today only what you can is to spend real money to compete with the others ready to spend money, too. To be clear, and avoid con arguments, there is a couple way how you can make profit without using real money, but they will cost you time so much that while you will reach very poor profit, every coiner will gain so much more. As final result you will be looser again, in that competition.

Polarity between coiners and non-coiners are passed the point of no return, nothing is left in the middle, and only we can is to choose what is our pole.

One thing is wonderful in this game. It is playable forever, because if you have a little brain, no one can harm you, no matter how weak you are.

Who wants to play such game is the second question, on which we're getting answer every day.

Until the judgement day.

UTC +0:00
6
Warrior
27 December, 2016, 4:20 AM UTC

zach-rose11 said:


Warrior, with all due respect, I feel like the link you provided me is an outdated version. No one seems to believe that that "tutorial" is helpful, I mean, at least from reading through the comments. It is from 2015, and it is outdated, at least parts of it. Would you care to ask Lord Oberon for an updated version? :) 



I think that the majority of the community is having trouble with BG's and it's causing them to not want to play, or causing them to quit the game. Can't see how Plarium would want this! :(

Hi Zach, That is a link by a player. It gives out the strategy that he uses and not the in game mechanism of BG that plarium has deviced. The main reason we play this game is for the use of strategy if everyone knew the in game BG mechanics then there will be no strategy at all. It will be like a mechanical game. From my honest opinion, giving out the in game mechanics is some thing that Lord Oberon would also not able to do. Hence we as a player need to find it out on what the best method is.


I agree that BG is a risky affair and from a few players have left doing BGs. Infact till 6 months back i was also not doing BG but then i found the way to make profit out of it and it was way before i was even a moderator(it only 2 weeks as Mod). People have switched to low level BGs or only making troops rather than doing BG.

Please Like the Post if you agree or if it helps
UTC +6:00
0
Warrior
27 December, 2016, 4:29 AM UTC
Gadheras said:

Warrior said:


Gadheras said:


Warrior said:




As the CM said that we and will do the best we can but we all have our roles to play.

"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."


Words of a colorful man that...


I feel we the players getting played like stooges....

i understand the situation here.. Not more than few weeks back i was at the same place as you. But in only way we can go ahead is by working together. We will try our best and will need all your support by making the discussion so that we have more things to take ahead from here.


Really appreciate the details that all the players put forward here so as to make our discussion with Devs more proof based.

Yeah but there is no real discussion. Its more about the players complain and get sick of the deafening silence from Plarium in regards of the said complaints. The releation between players and the devs need to be more symbiotic. The one can't exist without the other. In the words of Plarium.. everything is just "out of sync"...


As per our discussion, let us see how the improvement can be put but as i said the fight will always be against time as well. The step has been taken from the Live Stream and we all learn from our mistakes and short coming, i hope we can make this better as well.
Please Like the Post if you agree or if it helps
UTC +6:00
0
Alina Bright
Community Manager
27 December, 2016, 12:12 PM UTC

Gadheras said:


Warrior said:




4th para: I have been in IT industry for the past 12 years and playing MMO games for the past 15 years(atleast) and i can say that the forum can improve and we can put in the forum as suggestions inorder to get it in Developers eyes rather than whining about it here. The filtering is required to make sure only relevent information is passed since if all things are passed there is a higher possiblity that the important parts can be missed. Hence the first line of support was created.

Well I been playing mmo's ever since the first round of Planetarion. Thats over 16 years ago. Their server was run from the living room of the dudes ran the game, and you could chat with them on IRC.


Since then I played numberous mmo's and other games. Been beta tester for several, age of conan, swtor, secret world and a few others. Im used to have the devs actually communciate with the players in mmo's I play. Over 13 years with EVE and CCP Games probably spoiled me a lot as well. What I really miss with Plarium is accountability. You have the CM's acting as carrier pidgeons. But you have no idea who sitting on the other side. Its a sterile enviroment, not good for build a healthy commuity. If there exist such a thing as a lead dev, or game designer(s), have some face time with the community in form of dev blogs or videos wouldn't be that terrible.

The feeling I got is kinda like



Lord Gadheras, if you want to know me better, you can ask :) I'm a real person with family, job, hobbies and so on. Of course, I can answer not all of your questions, because here, on the Forum, I'm a Plarium representative first of all. And I can't share all the information about our game creation or balance. But still.

What would you like to know?
UTC +2:00
1
Alina Bright
Community Manager
27 December, 2016, 12:15 PM UTC
zach-rose11 said:

I think it would benefit Plarium, to introduce a tutorial or either sponsor a player to help the community understand BG mechanics in real-time via live stream or a Q/A with actual answers not just linking an excel spreadsheet or telling them to yellow bar.


If this were to happen, players would see a better way to do BG's and thus they would start doing them more often. Plarium would not lose any money this way either, since you would attract more players to actually "WANT TO" do BG's instead of them coming on the forums and complaining how they lose more than they gained and get the response of, "You're doing them wrong. Look at this payout I got! 10,000 dragons and 5,000 Grifs!).


tl;dr Teach us a correct or at least better way of doing these crucial BG's and allow us to see rewards more often to encourage more attempts!


We're planning to launch more streams in the future. How do you think, will it be a good idea to dedicate one of the topics to Battlegrounds only?
UTC +2:00
0
Alina Bright
Community Manager
27 December, 2016, 12:23 PM UTC

zach-rose11 said:


Warrior, with all due respect, I feel like the link you provided me is an outdated version. No one seems to believe that that "tutorial" is helpful, I mean, at least from reading through the comments. It is from 2015, and it is outdated, at least parts of it. Would you care to ask Lord Oberon for an updated version? :) 



I think that the majority of the community is having trouble with BG's and it's causing them to not want to play, or causing them to quit the game. Can't see how Plarium would want this! :(

Lord zach-rose11, Battlegrounds is a very complicated and interesting gameplay features. Some experienced players not only did BGs, but created spreadsheets, strategies and tips based on their observations. Such Lords and Ladies have helped many of players how to use Reaources for these missions wisely.


If this tutorial is outdated, so maybe it's time to create new tips or guidelines? Maybe we can find a Lord or Lady, who would like to share their tips and strategies and create such an article or a topic?
UTC +2:00
0
Warrior
27 December, 2016, 1:15 PM UTC

Stormfall said:


Warrior said:


I have been in IT industry for the past 12 years

...and now you are a moderator on stormfall forum... congratz? Your last comments sounded liked you were trying to get the position.

ps. did the number of moderators finally surpassed number of active people here?

i had applied and i was selected without having the knowledge of my Real life work.. my interactions on the forum helped more than my work profile.

Helping others is part of my nature. Hence i am trying to do the same here. I don think the number of mods even exceeds the number of active players in some leagues.
Please Like the Post if you agree or if it helps
UTC +6:00
0
nobody
27 December, 2016, 6:54 PM UTC

Warrior said:


zach-rose11 said:


Warrior, with all due respect, I feel like the link you provided me is an outdated version. No one seems to believe that that "tutorial" is helpful, I mean, at least from reading through the comments. It is from 2015, and it is outdated, at least parts of it. Would you care to ask Lord Oberon for an updated version? :) 



I think that the majority of the community is having trouble with BG's and it's causing them to not want to play, or causing them to quit the game. Can't see how Plarium would want this! :(

Hi Zach, That is a link by a player. It gives out the strategy that he uses and not the in game mechanism of BG that plarium has deviced. The main reason we play this game is for the use of strategy if everyone knew the in game BG mechanics then there will be no strategy at all. It will be like a mechanical game. From my honest opinion, giving out the in game mechanics is some thing that Lord Oberon would also not able to do. Hence we as a player need to find it out on what the best method is.


I agree that BG is a risky affair and from a few players have left doing BGs. Infact till 6 months back i was also not doing BG but then i found the way to make profit out of it and it was way before i was even a moderator(it only 2 weeks as Mod). People have switched to low level BGs or only making troops rather than doing BG.

hey,

gratz on becoming a mod.

i am responding to this because it speaks to the population of the game.  the game is designed for either mega coiners or for the mathematically strong using formulas and algorithms.  all others really can only tinker in the game like i do.  there are many more like me in the game that do not belong to the desired populous. if we left, the population would be even smaller.

many leagues and players, have said to do bgs, and players have done them, but for most of those players they find that it is just a resource sink, but that there are mystical ways of doing bgs.  this being the gain of the mathematically strong as strategy.  until the mathematically strong run into the problem of a casual player who does not do formulas.  but for alot of us it is the same issue as always.  9 months ago i could not get a single "payout"  between 25 and 35 with my rune being 36.  i would do 25 or 30 bgs between level 30 and 35 with no "payout".  but i would drop down to level 19 or 20 and get a "payout".  so i stopped doing bgs.

i say this only to state the idea of game population.  the gap between mega coiners and or elite mathematicians and the common folk is to huge for common folk to justify playing this game.  if this is acceptable to the elite, then there should be no talk of shrinking population among the elite.  for it is the desired effect.

i have stated many times that what i, a common folk, would like from the game is true growth paths and not another resource sink.  the only 2 developed by plarium are quests and tribute.  the best growth path is not developed by plarium, that being bot castles for raiding.  everything else is a resource sink,  at least for most that includes bgs.

again the reason for my response is simply to speak to game population.  every time the word strategy is used stating that the common folk should not be part of the population.  think about that.

it may seem like i have been trying to call you out, that is not the case, i have just been quoting you when i thought i could get my view across.

cheers
UTC +0:00
2
IronApex Turok
27 December, 2016, 10:43 PM UTC

Warrior said:


Gadheras said:


Warrior said:




4th para: I have been in IT industry for the past 12 years and playing MMO games for the past 15 years(atleast) and i can say that the forum can improve and we can put in the forum as suggestions inorder to get it in Developers eyes rather than whining about it here. The filtering is required to make sure only relevent information is passed since if all things are passed there is a higher possiblity that the important parts can be missed. Hence the first line of support was created.

Well I been playing mmo's ever since the first round of Planetarion. Thats over 16 years ago. Their server was run from the living room of the dudes ran the game, and you could chat with them on IRC.


Since then I played numberous mmo's and other games. Been beta tester for several, age of conan, swtor, secret world and a few others. Im used to have the devs actually communciate with the players in mmo's I play. Over 13 years with EVE and CCP Games probably spoiled me a lot as well. What I really miss with Plarium is accountability. You have the CM's acting as carrier pidgeons. But you have no idea who sitting on the other side. Its a sterile enviroment, not good for build a healthy commuity. If there exist such a thing as a lead dev, or game designer(s), have some face time with the community in form of dev blogs or videos wouldn't be that terrible.

The feeling I got is kinda like



Great to hear that you have experience as a tester. then you will definitely understand the scenario difference that i am about to explain.


A tester is a person who will directly interact with developers. A Beta / Alpha testing game is usually build so that it can be released to a small set of player so that the scenarios can be tested by live users of the game. Hence they are able to directly contact the Developers.


The scenario here is different, it is the live game that we are talking about. The moderator and CMs also help in finding, validating and recreating bugs that are reported or that they can find. It is then reported to the Devs. And hence the moderator and the CMs act as the first line of support.


The game can evolve and get better if both the sides understand the limitation of each other.


Also since you do understand the MMO Gaming scenario and the gaming scenario well, i would also like to highlight that we have good and experienced players like you that make up the center point of improvement of the game. We do our best to take every possible point to the Devs but as you know that each of the things need to be prioritized and categorized before even the fix has been thought. Also the terms used in communication will be different at each level. We understand the terms that you use but the same might not be the exact terms that are used by the Devs, solution designers, etc. I am sure you are already familiar with all this.


As the CM said that we and will do the best we can but we all have our roles to play.

Actually......



we are told time and again that the devs play on the test server. they they do not play on the final finished product of the game where we play.


we are not the testers.   the devs are on their own private server.





UTC +0:00
0
Solidarius
28 December, 2016, 12:04 AM UTC

johanrayne said:


Warrior said:


zach-rose11 said:


Warrior, with all due respect, I feel like the link you provided me is an outdated version. No one seems to believe that that "tutorial" is helpful, I mean, at least from reading through the comments. It is from 2015, and it is outdated, at least parts of it. Would you care to ask Lord Oberon for an updated version? :) 



I think that the majority of the community is having trouble with BG's and it's causing them to not want to play, or causing them to quit the game. Can't see how Plarium would want this! :(

Hi Zach, That is a link by a player. It gives out the strategy that he uses and not the in game mechanism of BG that plarium has deviced. The main reason we play this game is for the use of strategy if everyone knew the in game BG mechanics then there will be no strategy at all. It will be like a mechanical game. From my honest opinion, giving out the in game mechanics is some thing that Lord Oberon would also not able to do. Hence we as a player need to find it out on what the best method is.


I agree that BG is a risky affair and from a few players have left doing BGs. Infact till 6 months back i was also not doing BG but then i found the way to make profit out of it and it was way before i was even a moderator(it only 2 weeks as Mod). People have switched to low level BGs or only making troops rather than doing BG.

hey,

gratz on becoming a mod.

i am responding to this because it speaks to the population of the game.  the game is designed for either mega coiners or for the mathematically strong using formulas and algorithms.  all others really can only tinker in the game like i do.  there are many more like me in the game that do not belong to the desired populous. if we left, the population would be even smaller.

many leagues and players, have said to do bgs, and players have done them, but for most of those players they find that it is just a resource sink, but that there are mystical ways of doing bgs.  this being the gain of the mathematically strong as strategy.  until the mathematically strong run into the problem of a casual player who does not do formulas.  but for alot of us it is the same issue as always.  9 months ago i could not get a single "payout"  between 25 and 35 with my rune being 36.  i would do 25 or 30 bgs between level 30 and 35 with no "payout".  but i would drop down to level 19 or 20 and get a "payout".  so i stopped doing bgs.

i say this only to state the idea of game population.  the gap between mega coiners and or elite mathematicians and the common folk is to huge for common folk to justify playing this game.  if this is acceptable to the elite, then there should be no talk of shrinking population among the elite.  for it is the desired effect.

i have stated many times that what i, a common folk, would like from the game is true growth paths and not another resource sink.  the only 2 developed by plarium are quests and tribute.  the best growth path is not developed by plarium, that being bot castles for raiding.  everything else is a resource sink,  at least for most that includes bgs.

again the reason for my response is simply to speak to game population.  every time the word strategy is used stating that the common folk should not be part of the population.  think about that.

it may seem like i have been trying to call you out, that is not the case, i have just been quoting you when i thought i could get my view across.

cheers

+1 Truth 

without spending $, you are nothing in this game. 

Even finding a good league that helps you grow/protects you and teaches you the game ect will do very little to change this fact.

Even learning the game via personal experience and/or reading the forums and being "mathematically strong using formulas and algorithms" will do little to change this fact.

this game is set up for you to "lose" troops and gain them back using sapphires in which you have to spend real life money, there is no escaping this, even if you are "smart" eventually we all make mistakes.

its the cycle, this is the game.
















UTC +5:00
3
1780593 users registered; 48404 topics; 287295 posts; our newest member:Castle 11156016