All Categories

Forum Police - Bad Turn for the Worse

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 21, 2016, 15:3312/21/16
07/10/14

This forum has taken a horrible turn towards outright censorship.

First it was gagging the prize draw feedback. 

Threads that very very different, with topics as varied as simply saying they didn't like the update, some exploring the maths to point out how stacked it was in Plarium's favour, some as far reaching as exploring gambling law, were all closed down on the basis of "duplication" and pushed into one thread. The killer blow, that thread was locked down a couple of days later.

Now the ultimate insult, the BG thread with an amazing detailed log as extremely strong proof that BG's are broken, and a list of player as long as your arm adding their own experience of the same BG issue, closed down. Apparently now any discussion of BG's now not allowed outside of the Tutorial post.

Support just copy and paste generic responses to BG problems without even reviewing the evidence provided. Coming to the forums is the ONLY hope players have. Maybe just maybe, Plarium will hear our united voices and do something about show stopping issues that defraud players of unit equivalent to years of playing time or hundreds of dollars per incident.

Now even that slim hope is being taken away.

Freedom of expression denied. Only someone with something to hide is frightened of letting people speak.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 21, 2016, 19:5212/21/16
11/18/15
It would seem that whenever the Community Managers and Moderators don't like what they are seeing and CANNOT give an honest response the topic gets closed.
Dec 21, 2016, 20:1912/21/16
There's only 1 way Plarium will listen guys. Do what I have done and quit playing. I check the forums every now and then to see if by any chance they have changed their ways but so far no chance of that. All of you guys moan but carrying on playing and feeding the cash cow. Why would they change anything?
Dec 21, 2016, 21:1712/21/16
03/22/16
ajohn.abs said:

There's only 1 way Plarium will listen guys. Do what I have done and quit playing. I check the forums every now and then to see if by any chance they have changed their ways but so far no chance of that. All of you guys moan but carrying on playing and feeding the cash cow. Why would they change anything?
Not playing does not guarantee change. Finding ways to encourage players to play and spend money is what a profitable company does. Boycotts and inactivity do not change those tactics. Good suggestions and feedback are more effective.
Dec 21, 2016, 21:4112/21/16
07/11/13

brunsonthomas said:

ajohn.abs said:

Not playing does not guarantee change. Finding ways to encourage players to play and spend money is what a profitable company does. Boycotts and inactivity do not change those tactics. Good suggestions and feedback are more effective.

So after 3 years of giving feedback and suggestions where the end result of the culmination of 3 years of work on the player's part was little to no items of our feedback and suggestions were implemented, and dare I say, even taken seriously,  we are told to continue doing the same thing? That is what is considered foolishness; Doing the same thing over and over expecting to get different results.

Plarium's inept way with dealing with the suggestions/feedback has left the players no other choice than to quit or boycott. Should plarium want us to give feedback and suggestions rather than boycott/quit, maybe they should have moderators be players who are in touch with the Stormfall community, and not puppets who spit out pre-recorded responses.

As plarium wants out suggestions/feedback , I suggest Plarium add a thumbs down button to press, because your post certainly deserved one.
Dec 21, 2016, 21:4112/21/16
06/13/14

brunsonthomas said:

ajohn.abs said:

Why are you even talking?

I have been told by one of the other moderators that forum mods are here for two reasons only.

1. Keeping the dialog between players on a decent level.

2. Helping out less experienced players.

Now explain to me in which of the above does your post fall
Dec 21, 2016, 21:5112/21/16
03/22/16

zapelo said:

brunsonthomas said:

ajohn.abs said:

I have been told by one of the other moderators that forum mods are here for two reasons only.

Both and trying to be productive in keeping the game fun for new players and those who already have much time and/or money invested in this game. I play daily as well as trying to help in the Forums.

Dec 21, 2016, 22:0012/21/16
Dec 21, 2016, 22:00(edited)
06/13/14

brunsonthomas said:

zapelo said:

brunsonthomas said:

ajohn.abs said:

Both and trying to be productive in keeping the game fun for new players and those who already have much time and/or money invested in this game. I play daily as well as trying to help in the Forums.

Can you please explain/elaborate how?

Cause it does not make it true just by saying it.

Have you even understood my question?
Dec 21, 2016, 22:5812/21/16
11/04/15

Every Suggestion thread on other forums has been shut down - http://prntscr.com/dmdwwi

They have no intention of listening

Just keep buying those sapphires

Dec 22, 2016, 00:3112/22/16
Dec 22, 2016, 00:32(edited)

what do you expect? all "BIG" players are team with autobot and other trick, Plarium reward they for xxx target also

BIG vs BIG never seen, BIG with automated 100 alts that uses vs real players is normal routine, if you use many tropps arrive a main castle

ALL BIG are "friends" and in TS make agreements for the fate of beacon (same your troops), you can see all in settlements, you can see all in hamlet

now you can see in BG same official strategy by Plarium

now you can see ALL unplayable game but all is fantastic and a big spot (imaginary Plarium)

all above you should know, no?

at the end is a private fake game

NOW what would you expect by Plarium/Support and all team included mod ?? (normal players YES why no)

pretend with his 1500 account censure and send a ticket, everything has to look fantastic

Dec 22, 2016, 01:2312/22/16
10/31/14

Is sad, Very sad. 

Dec 22, 2016, 01:5012/22/16
08/05/14

Here a thought:  Keep playing but stop paying.

Don't Boycott the game, just Boycott Plarium's bank account.

I've heard DJ express that point of view and it makes sense.

DJMOODY, SKYCOOL & ZAPELO; you are all long term players and carry some influence in the game.

Coining is about as foolish as the Cold War arms race.  You can spend but nothing changes.

Remember when we were all "friends" (little wars soon over with)?  When playing was actually fun?

Dec 22, 2016, 03:4412/22/16
08/03/14
Aaron KT3 said:

Here a thought:  Keep playing but stop paying.

Don't Boycott the game, just Boycott Plarium's bank account.

I've heard DJ express that point of view and it makes sense.

DJMOODY, SKYCOOL & ZAPELO; you are all long term players and carry some influence in the game.

Coining is about as foolish as the Cold War arms race.  You can spend but nothing changes.

Remember when we were all "friends" (little wars soon over with)?  When playing was actually fun?

you'll have to organize that in teamspeak league chat..... you'll get banned for talking about it here.   im in though.
Dec 22, 2016, 08:1312/22/16
03/20/14
JUMY, Can you please tell me what you consider a BIG player that you say are ALL cheating and in cohoots with plarium?
Dec 22, 2016, 15:5012/22/16

brunsonthomas said:

ajohn.abs said:

So you say not playing does not guarantee change?. Well I beg to differ. 

For god knows how long the people of Stormfall have made numerous suggestions and given endless feedback. 95% of this has been ignored. So we as players have tried being diplomatic and do the right thing for the future of the game.

Now back to the point I made. If everyone said we are boycotting the game until you guys listen, believe me Plarium will listen. With no cash coming in Plarium will either have to change direction or pull the plug. At an educated guess they will change direction to milk the cash cow some more.

Plarium are milking it for all its worth while they can as the game is dying (everyone can see this). Plarium have no interest in the future of the game. Everything is designed for cash. As you mention above, a company is there to make a profit. I agree but there are better ways of doing it.

Example: You go in a restaurant and order a steak. Most restaurants will give you chips and a side for free. Plarium would charge extra for the chips and the side. The point is about balance (if you not got that already) which Plarium have got wrong on a massive scale. 

I will go 1 step further and predict when Plarium will pull the plug. The game will end when they can blame Flash not being supported and the game no longer works. This way for them is a 'get out of jail free card'. Blame Flash, get no comebacks for pulling the plug and run off counting all the profits they made from the players.

Time will tell if I'm as good as 'Mystic Meg' or not

Dec 22, 2016, 16:5812/22/16
08/05/14
ajohn.abs said:

For god knows how long the people of Stormfall have made numerous suggestions and given endless feedback. 95% of this has been ignored. So we as players have tried being diplomatic and do the right thing for the future of the game.

Now back to the point I made. If everyone said we are boycotting the game until you guys listen, believe me Plarium will listen. With no cash coming in Plarium will either have to change direction or pull the plug. At an educated guess they will change direction to milk the cash cow some more.

Plarium are milking it for all its worth while they can as the game is dying (everyone can see this). Plarium have no interest in the future of the game. Everything is designed for cash. As you mention above, a company is there to make a profit. I agree but there are better ways of doing it.

Example: You go in a restaurant and order a steak. Most restaurants will give you chips and a side for free. Plarium would charge extra for the chips and the side. The point is about balance (if you not got that already) which Plarium have got wrong on a massive scale. 

I will go 1 step further and predict when Plarium will pull the plug. The game will end when they can blame Flash not being supported and the game no longer works. This way for them is a 'get out of jail free card'. Blame Flash, get no comebacks for pulling the plug and run off counting all the profits they made from the players.

Time will tell if I'm as good as 'Mystic Meg' or not

All True but who's listening?  Players are as short sighted as Plarium!
Dec 22, 2016, 17:0312/22/16
03/01/16

Lords and Ladies, we're always glad to see your feedback, both positive and negative. All feedback carefully gathered and passed to our game developers. From our side, we always react on your questions and concerns and try to give you ways of resolution.

When it comes to discussion of new features, we give all the answers to the questions that bothering you after the release. Sometimes these questions are repeating in duplicating threads so we close some of them to answer players in one topic. Such situation was with Prize Draws feature.

When it comes to discussion of individual cases, we ask players contact our Support team so that they can investigate each case individually. We've mentioned about such a worflow in our company so all of the players was in the same conditions. We don't resolve such cases here, on the Forum.

When we collect feedback, we don't skip your any comments. Sometimes one single player can point out something that was missed by others. Moreover, there are many features in the game that were implemented thanks to your suggestions.

But there are certain workfows and rules. If we don't follow them, the Forum becomes a mess. And it will be hard for us and other players to help each other.

Each voice of our players matters. The most important is to communicate to each other in conditions of respectful and calm manner.

Dec 22, 2016, 17:3112/22/16

yes and delete my post brrrr 

the truth hurts

Dec 22, 2016, 18:1012/22/16
Dec 22, 2016, 18:13(edited)

djmoody said:

exxxe said:

jumy said:

http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/33229_rewards-out-of-sync--mechanics-work-as-intended-

closed

we forwarded DJ log completely and lord mark ticket was processed and believe me we forwarded all the complaints and reports about it however support confirmed there are no issues in BG 

however for future comments the tutorial thread is where Eugenia can read it all 

They can't confirm there is no problem because that log outright proves there is a problem. Plarium are simply a fruad then.

The Silence of the Hams

is practically a scam 

i give my feedback and my experience in this game (try at last 10 leagues) and all is a delete/censure

the truth hurts

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.