All Categories

Beacon conquest Solo Tournament

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 14, 2016, 00:3212/14/16

err how does this work? am I, one player supposed to attack a Beacon, held by a LEAGUE?

Are there special Beacons for single players? otherwise I am mounting an attack (which will fail unless I'm L100+ have 5m army) against an entire league who will likely as not, use me as a punchbag....

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 14, 2016, 13:0712/14/16
03/01/16
Lord, can you please specify the name of the Tournament you're talking about?
Dec 14, 2016, 13:1812/14/16
Eugenia Misura said:

Dec 14, 2016, 13:5612/14/16
01/31/15

Eugenia Misura said:

I think he meant the Beacon Conquest, Lady Eugenia!

Dec 14, 2016, 14:1712/14/16
07/02/15

JonathaniTall said:

err how does this work? am I, one player supposed to attack a Beacon, held by a LEAGUE?

Are there special Beacons for single players? otherwise I am mounting an attack (which will fail unless I'm L100+ have 5m army) against an entire league who will likely as not, use me as a punchbag....

League marshals, captains, commanders, and fighters can initiate league attacks (up to 3 players sending off together)

many times weak 1-5 mil softening blows are sent to weaken the beacon before a big hammer captures it.

it will take more like 50mil (for a full common beacon) it is easiest to get points playing beacon pong.

you do not need to participate in the tournament i usually do not for beacons exept playing pong.
Dec 14, 2016, 14:5612/14/16
08/03/14

FAILO said:

JonathaniTall said:

League marshals, captains, commanders, and fighters can initiate league attacks (up to 3 players sending off together)

many times weak 1-5 mil softening blows are sent to weaken the beacon before a big hammer captures it.

it will take more like 50mil (for a full common beacon) it is easiest to get points playing beacon pong.

you do not need to participate in the tournament i usually do not for beacons exept playing pong.

but thats not a solo tournament. 

Dec 14, 2016, 15:0012/14/16
07/02/15
IronApex Turok said:

FAILO said:

JonathaniTall said:

but you can still use league attacks and get points with fewer losses

Dec 14, 2016, 16:1512/14/16
03/13/15

Solo / League naming is based on the way the conquest points are distributed.

League Beacon quest will get the league all the points and show under 1 banner

Solo beacon quest will get the individual players who are involved in the contest.
Dec 14, 2016, 16:1712/14/16

FAILO said:

IronApex Turok said:

FAILO said:

JonathaniTall said:

So why call it a solo tournament? and how many players can throw multi million attacks at a beacon for a handful of "solo" tournament Points?

Surely this is a mistaken contest?

If I were a league holding a beacon, and some upstart started chucking solo attacks, Id be v.tempted to get my closest league members to flatten him.....
Dec 14, 2016, 16:2612/14/16
03/13/15

JonathaniTall said:

FAILO said:

IronApex Turok said:

FAILO said:

JonathaniTall said:

So why call it a solo tournament? and how many players can throw multi million attacks at a beacon for a handful of "solo" tournament Points?

If I were a league holding a beacon, and some upstart started chucking solo attacks, Id be v.tempted to get my closest league members to flatten him.....

on server 2 it would only require you 300k offense each to get the least reward.. maybe more if you hit a less defended beacon.

Participation is obviously a choice of individual but it is also dependent on how smartly you play.

if you attack a beacon that belongs to a league which has single beacon they will stack it as much as they can and it will be difficult to bring it down.

if you attack a beacon of a small league with not many high level players then you are more probable to get more points and take down that beacon as well.

Use offense that you can throw away not everything that you have. slightly chipping a beacon regularly will also make the beacon weak and you might end up with taking down the beacon.
Dec 14, 2016, 23:1212/14/16
03/22/16
Warrior said:

JonathaniTall said:

FAILO said:

IronApex Turok said:

FAILO said:

JonathaniTall said:

on server 2 it would only require you 300k offense each to get the least reward.. maybe more if you hit a less defended beacon.

Participation is obviously a choice of individual but it is also dependent on how smartly you play.

if you attack a beacon that belongs to a league which has single beacon they will stack it as much as they can and it will be difficult to bring it down.

if you attack a beacon of a small league with not many high level players then you are more probable to get more points and take down that beacon as well.

Use offense that you can throw away not everything that you have. slightly chipping a beacon regularly will also make the beacon weak and you might end up with taking down the beacon.
In most leagues if you attack a Beacon there is an immediate retaliation. Remember when attacking a Beacon you are attacking every member of that league who have defenses in the Beacon. This can be disastrous to your health.
Dec 15, 2016, 03:5612/15/16
03/13/15
brunsonthomas said:

Warrior said:

JonathaniTall said:

FAILO said:

IronApex Turok said:

FAILO said:

JonathaniTall said:

In most leagues if you attack a Beacon there is an immediate retaliation. Remember when attacking a Beacon you are attacking every member of that league who have defenses in the Beacon. This can be disastrous to your health.
Very True.. After all it is a War Game..
Dec 15, 2016, 10:5612/15/16
03/01/16
SlopranoDark said:

Eugenia Misura said:

I think he meant the Beacon Conquest, Lady Eugenia!

Thanks! I was confused by this "Solo" thing
Dec 15, 2016, 21:5312/15/16
Dec 15, 2016, 21:54(edited)
12/18/14

Unless you can find a weak beacon that is not defended well it is a waste of troops to try to get points as an individual player

Beacon tournaments are made to kill troops - your troops lol

if your league is planning on hitting a beacon to take it from a rival league, coordinate with your league's leadership to participate

generally you would have to be willing to put up more than 1 million in troop power to participate

my advice keep building fodder troops so you can participate in a softening blow - build lots of infantry & cavalry offense - sacrificial troops for this purpose :)
Dec 16, 2016, 00:2612/16/16
03/22/16
Jezebel said:

Unless you can find a weak beacon that is not defended well it is a waste of troops to try to get points as an individual player

Beacon tournaments are made to kill troops - your troops lol

if your league is planning on hitting a beacon to take it from a rival league, coordinate with your league's leadership to participate

generally you would have to be willing to put up more than 1 million in troop power to participate

my advice keep building fodder troops so you can participate in a softening blow - build lots of infantry & cavalry offense - sacrificial troops for this purpose :)
You bring up an interesting method of softening Beacons before they are attacked. If the softening does not work don't waste the powerful troops.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.