All Categories

UK Gambling Laws

UK Gambling Laws

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 8, 2016, 10:3012/08/16
07/10/14

UK Gambling Laws

Link to the UK Gambling commissions website.

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/Gambling-sectors/Lotteries/Getting-a-licence/Do-I-need-a-licence/Do-I-need-a-licence.aspx

In the very first line, UK Gambling Commission says

Lotteries (also known as raffles, or draws) cannot be run for private or commercial gain.

You are not even allowed to profit from them. You are only allowed to run society lotteries. UK Gambling Commission says

Society lotteries (also known as raffles) are promoted for the benefit of a non-commercial society.

And if you are wondering who/what the Gambling Commissions is:

We permit gambling as long as it is crime-free, fair & open and children & other vulnerable people are protected.

We advise central and local government on the impact of gambling and its regulation.

We hold industry to account: we ensure operators meet licensing standards and take action against those that don’t.

We ensure that National Lottery returns to good causes are maximised.

We license operators and individuals

So a cursory review of UK laws has revealed that:

- Operating a lottery for profit is not allowed.

- Operating a lottery requires a licence.

- Children and other vulnerable people are protected. Plarium is actively promoting gambling to children.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 8, 2016, 10:4012/08/16
07/25/15

Pritty much the same the Norwegian laws says about it.

Only exceptions is like "on site" events, like bazars, fairs and the likes, where you buy the ticket directly of the seller on the site.

Dec 8, 2016, 10:4112/08/16

djmoody said:

Link to the UK Gambling commissions website.

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/Gambling-sectors/Lotteries/Getting-a-licence/Do-I-need-a-licence/Do-I-need-a-licence.aspx

In the very first line, UK Gambling Commission says

Lotteries (also known as raffles, or draws) cannot be run for private or commercial gain.

You are not even allowed to profit from them. You are only allowed to run society lotteries. UK Gambling Commission says

Society lotteries (also known as raffles) are promoted for the benefit of a non-commercial society.

And if you are wondering who/what the Gambling Commissions is:

We permit gambling as long as it is crime-free, fair & open and children & other vulnerable people are protected. We advise central and local government on the impact of gambling and its regulation. We hold industry to account: we ensure operators meet licensing standards and take action against those that don’t. We ensure that National Lottery returns to good causes are maximised. We license operators and individuals providing the following facilities and activities to British consumers:

all EU is the same and not only

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.