Tournaments WITHOUT troups rewards

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 7, 2016, 18:3912/07/16
06/13/14

Is this a new trend?

even the other rewards are mediocre for the points you have to collect.

Plarium really do not care.

Why do i even bother your policy "Give players as little as possible and take all you can from players" 

You will ask why i think like that....

1. There are known bugs that are there for more than a year ...... what you do .... NOTHING "our devs are working on that" you could recode the whole game in a year

2. Tournament rewards are getting smaller and smaller

3. You introduced gambling into the game ..... it has nothing to do with game mechanics.... it illegal in a lot of countries. Also you are breaking the law by letting underage children to gamble" Let me quote your terms

"Age restriction

YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE TO USE THE SERVICE. IF YOU ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF THIRTEEN (13) AND EIGHTEEN (18), YOU REPRESENT THAT YOUR LEGAL GUARDIAN HAS REVIEWED AND AGREED TO THESE TERMS. If you do not agree with all of these Terms, or you are not at least thirteen (13) years of age, or you are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and your legal guardian does not agree with all of these Terms, please do not access and/or use the Site or Service."

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 8, 2016, 00:0412/08/16
01/12/15
My predicted answer : ' This only one tourney and you have the option to not participate in it' :)
Dec 8, 2016, 07:3212/08/16
01/31/15

zapelo said:

Is this a new trend?

even the other rewards are mediocre for the points you have to collect.

Plarium really do not care.

Why do i even bother your policy "Give players as little as possible and take all you can from players" 

You will ask why i think like that....

1. There are known bugs that are there for more than a year ...... what you do .... NOTHING "our devs are working on that" you could recode the whole game in a year

3. You introduced gambling into the game ..... it has nothing to do with game mechanics.... it illegal in a lot of countries. Also you are breaking the law by letting underage children to gamble" Let me quote your terms

"Age restriction

YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE TO USE THE SERVICE. IF YOU ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF THIRTEEN (13) AND EIGHTEEN (18), YOU REPRESENT THAT YOUR LEGAL GUARDIAN HAS REVIEWED AND AGREED TO THESE TERMS. If you do not agree with all of these Terms, or you are not at least thirteen (13) years of age, or you are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and your legal guardian does not agree with all of these Terms, please do not access and/or use the Site or Service."

But m'lord, isn't it only gambling if you directly spend money with a chance to regain more or less back?

In this case, it's rather digital and you're not obligated to spend money on Sapphires followed by using them on the Draws. You can freely obtain Sapphires in-game in many ways!

Furthermore, I doubt Plarium has violated any law due to this considering ...

... this is rather a lottery than 'gambling'. Why? Well because you buy a or more ticket(s) with in-game currency, which you can obtain in many ways without spending money, and might have the 'jackpot' if you're lucky. Just like every lottery!

Then finally, I think this came onto your mind because everyone says it's gambling, whilst they might not even know the facts of what Plarium meant it to be.

I hope this cleared something up.

Dec 8, 2016, 07:5612/08/16
Dec 8, 2016, 08:32(edited)

first point

Plarium is not a non-profit company 

second point

any prize with a corresponding value in cash and cash purchasable IS GAMBLING in worldwide 

these two points are to be considered for our planet called  
planet " Earth "

ps.

The word gamble means “to risk something of value on an outcome that depends on chance.” Because the outcome of a lottery “depends on chance” and playing it involves “risk,” then, by definition, playing the lottery is gambling.

Dec 8, 2016, 08:2112/08/16
10/15/14

You need a licence to run a lottery in the UK , Also anyone participating has to be over 18 , I am sure the Gambling Commission would be very interested to know you are running a lottery without a licence , If that is not bad enough you are teaching kids to gamble WTG plariium just when i thought you could not sink any lower 

Dec 8, 2016, 08:3112/08/16
10/15/14

Do I need a licence?

Lotteries (also known as raffles, or draws) cannot be run for private or commercial gain.

If you want to run or promote a large society lottery or you are a local authority that wants to promote a lottery, there are two types of licence that you may need from the Gambling Commission:

an operating licence and

a personal management licence.

You may also need a remote gambling licence if you intend to promote your lottery by means of remote electronic communication (internet, telephone etc).

Dec 8, 2016, 08:3912/08/16

the problem is to show where it is legal because there is a regulation in each state, in each state is considered ILLEGAL

also in Israel
Dec 8, 2016, 08:4912/08/16
10/15/14

This game is world wide , not a chance in hell has plarium looked into this bogus lottery they are running , I would say there is a reason we do not have a world wide lottery , Too many licences are required from all the countries 

But it seems plarium are immune to all the red tape and just go ahead and run it world wide 
Dec 8, 2016, 08:5812/08/16

Sarah Walker said:

This game is world wide , not a chance in hell has plarium looked into this bogus lottery they are running , I would say there is a reason we do not have a world wide lottery , Too many licences are required from all the countries 

But it seems plarium are immune to all the red tape and just go ahead and run it world wide 

suggests only money / corruption

Dec 8, 2016, 09:0712/08/16
01/31/15

Sarah Walker said:

If that is not bad enough you are teaching kids to gamble WTG plariium just when i thought you could not sink any lower 

M'lady,

Do you think FPS (First Person Shooter) games take into account that they could make children aggressive?
Stormfall also contains fighting, m'lady. Furthermore, the frustration to have eventual losses might be rather enough to make a child go angry.

However, it depends on your perspective.

You could think, it's not good for the children because it only makes them aggressive.
You could also think that it's fine for the children, because they can learn managing their anger and frustrations.

Then there's many other points I could name related to this topic which I won't as it's rather off-topic as this is Game-Discussion which should be related to Stormfall only.

Either way, I'll get the Community Manager to look at it.

Thank you for your feedback however!

Dec 8, 2016, 09:1112/08/16
Dec 8, 2016, 09:12(edited)

SlopranoDark said:

Sarah Walker said:

If that is not bad enough you are teaching kids to gamble WTG plariium just when i thought you could not sink any lower 

M'lady,

Do you think FPS (First Person Shooter) games take into account that they could make children aggressive?
Stormfall also contains fighting, m'lady. Furthermore, the frustration to have eventual losses might be rather enough to make a child go angry.

However, it depends on your perspective.

You could think, it's not good for the children because it only makes them aggressive.
You could also think that it's fine for the children, because they can learn managing their anger and frustrations.

Then there's many other points I could name related to this topic which I won't as it's rather off-topic as this is Game-Discussion which should be related to Stormfall only.

Either way, I'll get the Community Manager to look at it.

Thank you for your feedback however!

for a fast Worldwide vision

https://www.gamblingsites.com/online-gambling-jurisdictions/

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Dec 8, 2016, 09:4312/08/16
09/17/15

zapelo said:

Hi, Zapelo! Thank you for bringing these points to our attention, I really appreciate it. I would like to give you some more information on each one of them.

1. Yes, there are some issues that exist for a long period of time. The main reason is that those issues are really hard to reproduce and it's not that easy to find the reason why they appear. 

It took a long time for our QA team to find a way to reproduce the mail/report bug that has been in the games for more than a year already. We also appreciate our players' help. They sent us reports and described what actions they performed before the bug appeared. So you, players, were a great help for us in identifying this issue.

The next step was to find a working fix. Game code is very complicated, and it contains many parts: the old ones that haven't been changed for years, and the new ones. It is really important to fix the issue with minimal risks, because any changes can have an unexpected influence on other code parts. Moreover, it's important to keep the high performance of the feature, which also increases the server performance.

After fixing the issue, the fix should be verified by the QA team. They need to check all possible scenarios to make sure that the bug won't appear again. And they also need to monitor it for a long period of time. Only when they are 100% sure that the bug is no longer reproducible, we can update the game servers with this fix. 

But it's not all. After updating the game servers, QA also need to verify the fix, and make sure that it's working on a public server. Usually we test possible fixes on one of the servers. It allows us to quickly react on any new complaints, and quickly test a fix. When it's verified, we can update all other servers.

I understand that you really lack information when we simply say that our devs are working on a solution. But we can't give you more information, because we don't have a verified fix yet. Let's say we already prepared a fix, and are currently testing it on one of the game servers. I would tell you that the fix is ready and it's on a final testing stage right now. But what if it turned out that it's not working properly, and our devs would have to re-code it? Then test it again, etc? You would be right if you were asking me where's the fix. Because the final stage shouldn't take too long, right? 

So without having some verified information I can't give you any details. I know that you could be among those who would understand that the first fix didn't work, and we're modifying it. But still, there would be many players who would consider my information false. That's why I can only share the information that is 100% correct. And that's why I'm telling players that we're working on a ix. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you at which stage we are.

2. We would like to emphasize that Tournaments should not be considered the only way to receive Units, Sapphires, or Items. Tournaments may add a bonus to all actions you perform in the game, such as fighting rivals, capturing Beacons, attacking and defending BGs, developing your Castle etc., but they are only a nice addition. The main purpose of the aforementioned actions is to get Resources from Raids, rewards from BGs, and actively develop your Castle.

Also, Tournament rewards have always been subject to change. We regularly add some new Items, remove some old ones, change the amounts of things you get, etc. Our developers carefully calculate each Tournament reward emphasizing that rewards are a bonus, not the main point of participating in Tournaments. There are, however, rewards that can only be obtained in Tournaments. Those have a greater value since they are rare, and we do want players to participate in Tournaments to get them.

3. As I have already answered on Forum, our Draws cannot be considered as gambling, because:

1) gambling is about spending real money. In Draws you invest tickets bought for Sapphires, not real money. Sapphires can be gained in Tournaments, Hamlets, etc.

2) You cannot convert the prize into the real money. You win only in-game values.

Dec 8, 2016, 09:5712/08/16
Dec 8, 2016, 10:07(edited)

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

zapelo said:

Hi, Zapelo! Thank you for bringing these points to our attention, I really appreciate it. I would like to give you some more information on each one of them.

1. Yes, there are some issues that exist for a long period of time. The main reason is that those issues are really hard to reproduce and it's not that easy to find the reason why they appear. 

It took a long time for our QA team to find a way to reproduce the mail/report bug that has been in the games for more than a year already. We also appreciate our players' help. They sent us reports and described what actions they performed before the bug appeared. So you, players, were a great help for us in identifying this issue.

The next step was to find a working fix. Game code is very complicated, and it contains many parts: the old ones that haven't been changed for years, and the new ones. It is really important to fix the issue with minimal risks, because any changes can have an unexpected influence on other code parts. Moreover, it's important to keep the high performance of the feature, which also increases the server performance.

After fixing the issue, the fix should be verified by the QA team. They need to check all possible scenarios to make sure that the bug won't appear again. And they also need to monitor it for a long period of time. Only when they are 100% sure that the bug is no longer reproducible, we can update the game servers with this fix. 

But it's not all. After updating the game servers, QA also need to verify the fix, and make sure that it's working on a public server. Usually we test possible fixes on one of the servers. It allows us to quickly react on any new complaints, and quickly test a fix. When it's verified, we can update all other servers.

I understand that you really lack information when we simply say that our devs are working on a solution. But we can't give you more information, because we don't have a verified fix yet. Let's say we already prepared a fix, and are currently testing it on one of the game servers. I would tell you that the fix is ready and it's on a final testing stage right now. But what if it turned out that it's not working properly, and our devs would have to re-code it? Then test it again, etc? You would be right if you were asking me where's the fix. Because the final stage shouldn't take too long, right? 

So without having some verified information I can't give you any details. I know that you could be among those who would understand that the first fix didn't work, and we're modifying it. But still, there would be many players who would consider my information false. That's why I can only share the information that is 100% correct. And that's why I'm telling players that we're working on a ix. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you at which stage we are.

2. We would like to emphasize that Tournaments should not be considered the only way to receive Units, Sapphires, or Items. Tournaments may add a bonus to all actions you perform in the game, such as fighting rivals, capturing Beacons, attacking and defending BGs, developing your Castle etc., but they are only a nice addition. The main purpose of the aforementioned actions is to get Resources from Raids, rewards from BGs, and actively develop your Castle.

Also, Tournament rewards have always been subject to change. We regularly add some new Items, remove some old ones, change the amounts of things you get, etc. Our developers carefully calculate each Tournament reward emphasizing that rewards are a bonus, not the main point of participating in Tournaments. There are, however, rewards that can only be obtained in Tournaments. Those have a greater value since they are rare, and we do want players to participate in Tournaments to get them.

3. As I have already answered on Forum, our Draws cannot be considered as gambling, because:

1) gambling is about spending real money. In Draws you invest tickets bought for Sapphires, not real money. Sapphires can be gained in Tournaments, Hamlets, etc.

2) You cannot convert the prize into the real money. You win only in-game values.

I can buy tickets with sapphire, sapphire with real money

Plarium have a table price real money-sapphire

with a "ticket lottery" you sell a risk not any item

in other words, need a not sold currency not purchasable

The word gamble means “to risk something of value on an outcome that depends on chance.” Because the outcome of a lottery “depends on chance” and playing it involves “risk,” then, by definition, playing the lottery is gambling.

Now you have to respect every law for gambling

Dec 8, 2016, 10:1312/08/16
07/25/15

Problem is sapphires CAN be bought with CASH. The system does in no way limit you to spend only sapphires you got by ingame activtities. And there lay the diffrence.

Imagine some kid playing your game, use their parrents CC to be able to buy 100 tickets or something silly. Imho this change to the game, should make it an 18+ ONLY game. 

The possible prize have no monetary value in terms of be re-sold etc in the real world. But the ways to obtain it very much do carry a RL cash value.

Lets say you introduce red sapphires you can only get ingame, and keep blue sapphires you can only buy. Now if the lottery tickets was just possible to buy with the red sapphires.. no issue what so EVER.

Dec 8, 2016, 10:2312/08/16
Dec 8, 2016, 10:25(edited)
01/31/15

Gadheras said:

Problem is sapphires CAN be bought with CASH. The system does in no way limit you to spend only sapphires you got by ingame activtities. And there lay the diffrence.

It can be bought with cash, but that doesn't mean it always has to be. I didn't get the second sentence, could you explain it please?

Gadheras said:

Imagine some kid playing your game, use their parrents CC to be able to buy 100 tickets or something silly. Imho this change to the game, should make it an 18+ ONLY game.

If a child uses their parent's credit card then it's not Plarium's problem. Might sound harsh, but it's true. The parent should've been more secure with his or her credit card. However I think the Support Team might be able to assist with such an issue.

Gadheras said:

Lets say you introduce red sapphires you can only get ingame, and keep blue sapphires you can only buy. Now if the lottery tickets was just possible to buy with the red sapphires.. no issue what so EVER.

That's a good suggestion. Perhaps put it in the Suggestions Thread?

Dec 8, 2016, 10:3012/08/16
Dec 8, 2016, 10:48(edited)

SlopranoDark said:

Gadheras said:

It can be bought with cash, but that doesn't mean it always has to be. I didn't get the second sentence, could you explain it please?

Gadheras said:

If a child uses their parent's credit card then it's not Plarium's problem. Might sound harsh, but it's true. The parent should've been more secure with his or her credit card. However I think the Support Team might be able to assist with such an issue.

Gadheras said:

That's a good suggestion. Perhaps put it in the Suggestions Thread?

currency that you could use is now moon coin because do not have an exchange rate with real money

runes of fealty is well also (other example)

all other currency-rate exchange you can see in "black-market" (not even do they focus on the relevance of names)

Dec 8, 2016, 10:4512/08/16
Dec 8, 2016, 10:47(edited)
11/30/14
People only see the buy sapphire option, but when mods says you can gain sapphires for in game activities those trolls will close their eyes and keep repeating same bs over and over again. Gambling/raffles and other stuff counts when you gain real money from it, not in-game stuff lmao. Feels like you guys know more than this company. Dont bother fighting with windmills, you won't win. Plarium doesn't force you to participate.
Dec 8, 2016, 10:5712/08/16

vakonziko said:

People only see the buy sapphire option, but when mods says you can gain sapphires for in game activities those trolls will close their eyes and keep repeating same bs over and over again. Gambling/raffles and other stuff counts when you gain real money from it, not in-game stuff lmao. Feels like you guys know more than this company. Dont bother fighting with windmills, you won't win. Plarium doesn't force you to participate.

is not the fault of the people if Plarium invents an exchange rate and  sells risk with the lottery 

their words are clear also

lottery is Gambling with these conditions

the "prize" has nothing to do with the question, is tax exchange for "tickets" real problem

Dec 8, 2016, 10:5912/08/16
07/25/15

vakonziko said:

You Sir is an buffon. Its the ability to buy tickets for cash that is the issue here, not if the actaul prize got a monetary value that can be traded back for RL cash. In another post dj posted links to law text regarding lottery rules that pritty much the same all across EU. 

Another issue, they enabled for "gambling" in the game, without give proper notice. This is not a strictly 18+ game. Guardian supervision applies at younger ages, BUT, term of conditions shouldnt been updated and made known prior to any such changes as well. I start do get the feeling you still a minor...

Dec 8, 2016, 11:2112/08/16
Dec 8, 2016, 11:22(edited)
11/30/14

Gadheras said:

vakonziko said:

You Sir is an buffon. Its the ability to buy tickets for cash that is the issue here, not if the actaul prize got a monetary value that can be traded back for RL cash. In another post dj posted links to law text regarding lottery rules that pritty much the same all across EU. 

Another issue, they enabled for "gambling" in the game, without give proper notice. This is not a strictly 18+ game. Guardian supervision applies at younger ages, BUT, term of conditions shouldnt been updated and made known prior to any such changes as well. I start do get the feeling you still a minor...

So just because you have ability to buy tickets for real cash, you have to keep creating many threads about it and copy-paste some law bs? Do you really need notice before they introduce something ? You really kidding me, you really think this company don't know rules ? This is pretty much big gaming company and they have their own squad of lawyers and they know what they are doing. This is not 5 man company that has no idea what they are doing. You guys really amazed me. lol 

But keep going, its funny to read this bs.

Dec 8, 2016, 11:4612/08/16
Dec 8, 2016, 17:05(edited)
11/30/14

Someone mentioned red sapphires. Oh wait... I smell cake, they want to win prizes for free ( $ wise ) because they can't participate after they lost 100 sapps.

edited...

there is no shame if someone does NOT want to participate using real money also Is it not the smart thing to win for free, to win because your own effort and game play

try to avoid categorizing people or making assumptions that may offend 

exxxe

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.