All Categories

Server Update in the middle of the Massacre?!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 1, 2016, 17:4612/01/16
08/03/14

for real?  you did a server update in the middle of a beacon massacre?  with all the bugs that come from these, that put a lot of us in jeopardy. 

what if we had been logged out and locked out of the server like the first capture the flag tournament!!!!

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 1, 2016, 17:4912/01/16
Dec 1, 2016, 17:50(edited)
08/03/15

My biggest concern is the changes made DURING the update. Server 2 beacon massacre description clearly showed that 95% of units killed could be revived for free, but four hours into the massacre, there came a server update and the rules had changed.

http://share.pho.to/AXBTL

Dec 1, 2016, 17:5712/01/16
03/22/16
scarlet said:

My biggest concern is the changes made DURING the update. Server 2 beacon massacre description clearly showed that 95% of units killed could be revived for free, but four hours into the massacre, there came a server update and the rules had changed.

This was prompted by a player complaint that there was a discrepancy in the percentages shown in descriptions of the event. The fix should have only been a change in text so game affect should have been minimal.
Dec 1, 2016, 18:0512/01/16
Dec 1, 2016, 18:47(edited)
08/20/15

I call FOUL on that - whatever the rules stated at the start of the event should be what is awarded at the end. Bad enough you are having this event over our objections, but changing the rules mid way through??  That's adding insult to injury.  Consider me disgusted as well as angry.

Dec 1, 2016, 18:2512/01/16
Dec 1, 2016, 18:26(edited)
brunsonthomas said:

scarlet said:

This was prompted by a player complaint that there was a discrepancy in the percentages shown in descriptions of the event. The fix should have only been a change in text so game affect should have been minimal.
if plarium had received "feedback"  they would have known that they had the 95% wrongly showing in the last event.  they then removed it midway. maybe they should receive "feedback" from themselves even. this can only show incompetence to not even fix this 1 thing before running the event again.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Dec 2, 2016, 10:5212/02/16
09/17/15

The server update did not include any fixes except the Tournament description.

Also, the rules were not changed. As you may have noticed, the text in the description part of the Tournament stated 90%, so as all the in-game and Forum News. The error was just in one place, and it was fixed yesterday.
Dec 2, 2016, 13:3912/02/16
Dec 2, 2016, 13:52(edited)
12/13/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Also, the rules were not changed. As you may have noticed, the text in the description part of the Tournament stated 90%, so as all the in-game and Forum News. The error was just in one place, and it was fixed yesterday.

That is almost true, but not quite

The text actually stated that 90% could be restored using sapphires during the event.

That is not the same thing, is it?

Many player were deceived into expecting 95% FREE revives at the end of both events and there was no in-game announcement to correct this.

This could become a popular event eventually, but much still needs to be done before it becomes a regular addition..... like restoring Beacon Force Limits for example, and giving us Unified Beacons
Also, doubling the duration of the event was hated by most of us ... simply because one noob complained about time zones. A 12 hour event is enough for any time zone

Dec 2, 2016, 15:0212/02/16
Dec 2, 2016, 15:27(edited)
12/18/14

I think you fail to see the real point, when you are capturing beacons you have to be ready to recall your troops immediately, if there was a server update and someone captured a beacon within that short time frame they could possibly lose troops by not being able to recall them efficiently

I don't care if there is a 90% revival on a large offense castle 10% is a large amount of troops

another FAIL by Plarium
Dec 2, 2016, 16:2312/02/16
01/11/16

I guess support dont understand English or the screenshots i sent them either. I got an anwser that dont relate to what i sent for ticket.

Four hours after the Beacon Massacre started you have changed what would be able to revive from 95% to 90%. This should not be changed after the event has started. This needs to changed as it should have been changed before the event has started.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me.

Let me specify that the units defeated during the Massacre Tournament can be revived in the "Massacre" tab of the Infirmary. Just have a look there and tap the button "Revive all Units".

If there is no "Massacre" tab in your Infirmary, it means that the Tournament was not active at the moment when your units were defeated or you have revived them already.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me again.

Kind regards,

Christina

Apparently you dont know how to read my ticket to well that I sent you.

You had change the percent of troops that could be revived from the beacon massacre after the event had started. When event had started it was at 95% of troops could be revived at end of event. Four hours after event started server was down for few moments to change the revive percent to 90%.

Not sure where you get where im asking where you revive troops after beacon massacre. I guess you didnt look at the screenshots i sent either how the percent got changed also.

Dec 2, 2016, 23:1112/02/16
08/03/14
cat in the hat said:

I guess support dont understand English or the screenshots i sent them either. I got an anwser that dont relate to what i sent for ticket.

Four hours after the Beacon Massacre started you have changed what would be able to revive from 95% to 90%. This should not be changed after the event has started. This needs to changed as it should have been changed before the event has started.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me.

Let me specify that the units defeated during the Massacre Tournament can be revived in the "Massacre" tab of the Infirmary. Just have a look there and tap the button "Revive all Units".

If there is no "Massacre" tab in your Infirmary, it means that the Tournament was not active at the moment when your units were defeated or you have revived them already.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me again.

Kind regards,

Christina

Apparently you dont know how to read my ticket to well that I sent you.

You had change the percent of troops that could be revived from the beacon massacre after the event had started. When event had started it was at 95% of troops could be revived at end of event. Four hours after event started server was down for few moments to change the revive percent to 90%.

Not sure where you get where im asking where you revive troops after beacon massacre. I guess you didnt look at the screenshots i sent either how the percent got changed also.

they have been getting so many mails about the "revive" tab not showing  up i would assume.   i didnt lose any this event, but the last event i did, and i did not get a revive tab.   im guessing that issue was not resolved this time either. 
Dec 3, 2016, 03:3612/03/16
02/25/15
I did not see a revive tab in the infirmary just in the end of event screen
Dec 3, 2016, 04:4712/03/16
12/18/14
None said:

I did not see a revive tab in the infirmary just in the end of event screen
there was one there but if you revive from the event screen it will disappear from your infirmary (at least I think so lol - I revived from the event tab and there was nothing in my infirmary, but others revived from the infirmary)
Dec 3, 2016, 05:4312/03/16
01/12/15
i revived from the infirmary and it was there. Called masacre revival (lol) tab I think. It's gone once I revived all that can be revived for free though.
BiohazarDModerator
Dec 3, 2016, 07:0112/03/16
10/04/13
Yeah once you revive all possible free units from the carnage the extra tab disappears. 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Dec 5, 2016, 11:5112/05/16
09/17/15
Snowgoon said:

The text actually stated that 90% could be restored using sapphires during the event.

Many player were deceived into expecting 95% FREE revives at the end of both events and there was no in-game announcement to correct this.

This could become a popular event eventually, but much still needs to be done before it becomes a regular addition..... like restoring Beacon Force Limits for example, and giving us Unified Beacons
Also, doubling the duration of the event was hated by most of us ... simply because one noob complained about time zones. A 12 hour event is enough for any time zone

Free and Sapphire revivals are the same tab. When your Units die, 90% go to this tab and can be revived for Sapphires during the Massacre, or for free during the event.
Dec 5, 2016, 16:2212/05/16
12/18/14

Snowgoon said:

Free and Sapphire revivals are the same tab. When your Units die, 90% go to this tab and can be revived for Sapphires during the Massacre, or for free during the event.
Free revivals are only permitted at the conclusion of the event if I am not mistaken, please don't confuse the matter any further by posting the wrong information
Dec 5, 2016, 18:3212/05/16
Dec 5, 2016, 18:37(edited)
11/04/15

Alyona said

We'll be more careful next time.
!8th November 2016

Who are they kidding?

http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/-news-and-announcements/31834_the-event-of-the-year-is-upon-us-/?post=215411

Their lack of game knowledge and people-skills never ceases to amaze me.
Certain members of their staff should be working in a Lighthouse, where their total lack of empathy would be an advantage

I just hope Avi Shalel reads this forum and sees what his managers are doing to customer morale

Dec 5, 2016, 20:1312/05/16

Jezebel said:

Snowgoon said:

Free revivals are only permitted at the conclusion of the event if I am not mistaken, please don't confuse the matter any further by posting the wrong information

yes it is true free revival is only after the event is over '

any revival during the event requires sapphires ( same percentage though )

when the event is over you can :-

1) click "revive units for free" on the top of the event tab when you click "finish" from events

2) go to infirmary and go to massacre revival tab 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.