This topic is closed

Broken BG Proof

165 Replies
Lord Mark
14 December, 2016, 7:10 AM UTC

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Lord Mark, we haven't changed anything in Battlegrounds mechanics. You probably know that there are many strategies and theories about how Battlegrounds work, however, there is no guarantee that you will get the reward when you expect it.

Unfortunately there is no guarantee you will ever get the reward of getting out what you put in ever. That is the problem, not a lack of patience on players behalf. 

As you are new I'll try one more time.

Please take the time to review the log. Please explain what is contained in the the log. 

I can add 2 more weeks worth of data (posted in another thread but I can add to the log). 

It's 4 weeks now with anywhere between 100m-200m resource trapped. That is 30m+ power of troops and the flippin account has only been at lvl 92 (avg banking value 86m). 

Some alarm bells that should be ringing for you:

- How can you lose a 9 figure sum of resource? 

- If you understand BG's and check the log it was lost over the course of just one day. 100m+ resource lost in 1 day!!!!! How is that possible?

- How is it possible to lose that much on what is a relatively low level of BG?

It's about a month since the problem occurred and 100 odd BGs later it's not getting better. If needed I can explain to you many pointers in the log that show that the game isn't recognising the correct bank and there is no hope of the resource coming back.

If you are going to give a generic copy and paste response, not really going to be happy. But if you go with "it will come but not as you expect it" then I'll accept that answer BUT with a deadline. If you are so confident there isn't a problem then how long will it take to correct itself? 

I'll get the player to do BG's every day. But when it doesn't rectify in the reasonable period of time you suggest you need you to finally accept there is a problem, start owning it and get the issue resolved. 

This loss in represents over a years worth of playing time/troop production or £500-£1000 worth of spending. Whichever way the person earned their troops it's so significant it demands a proper response. But to date just copy and paste response from forum post and ticket to support.

This is no small issue and replicated across many other players - this guy just happens to have an amazing log as evidence so there is no wriggling out of it from your side (well there is I guess as Plarium have just decided to ignore the evidence and leave the customer out to dry).

I did my litle BG's today...couse for the hy ones i dont have truppes... and i was hopeing that i recive a reward on a lvl 77...

RESULT : 150 wivern 

My bank over 50Mil truppes
UTC +0:00
exxxe
14 December, 2016, 9:58 AM UTC

lord mark 

since you have 50 mil try this 

do 2 to 3 lvl 70-72 battleground ( immediate kill at once even if they are yellowed or not )

also not needed all at the same time you can simply do one every day 

dont bank any more just send kills 

tell me how would that work for you :))
I'am me and that is what i care about :)
UTC +3:00
Lord Mark
14 December, 2016, 10:39 AM UTC

exxxe said:

lord mark 

since you have 50 mil try this 

do 2 to 3 lvl 70-72 battleground ( immediate kill at once even if they are yellowed or not )

also not needed all at the same time you can simply do one every day 

dont bank any more just send kills 

tell me how would that work for you :))

For 6 days i am trying to go FW...

I noticed the problem in the last days of BG.... I was killing BG's...and every time i was going down...

I will try tomorow again...
Alina Bright
Community Manager
14 December, 2016, 11:04 AM UTC

Ryu said:

Well. No PM possible, so out in the open.

I have worked with direct customer contact A LOT (banking, not games). So I know that handbooks to provide quick answers exist and have a legitimate purpose, namely getting to the point quick. I also know that usage of said handbooks is supervised (if handled correctly). I do not blame the front end.

On the other hand:

- since the mechanics are not public, they are a black box to the users. if you intended a change or broke something will at first not make a difference on the customers side.

- the banking amount shown in this thread will break most armies.

- Quite a few people are unhappy with the generic responses on several key issues. As far as strategy games are concerned, your are using low-complexity mechanics and try to create some mystery by not being willing to talk about them, and by not providing ingame tracking functions.

In order to keep this kind of thread productive, a different kind of answer is required. "We checked your banking amount, everything is working fine, you have just been unlucky with payouts."And ideally you would check how likely your payout logic is leading to high bank amounts, and see if there is a problem. Neither is happening so far (black box, observable side).

Hi, Ryu! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I can see your point and in some other thread I mentioned that all technical issues are investigated by our Support Team. Same with accounts — I'm not authorized to check players' accounts, it's field of work of our Support Team, and that's why only they can give strict answer like "We checked your account, everything's working fine".

On the other hand, I'm aware of all changes and fixes that we're implementing into the game. That's why I can confirm or deny information about changes in BGs mechanics or other changes in general. And that's the reason why my answer is generalized.

UTC +2:00
Lord Mark
14 December, 2016, 4:14 PM UTC

Eugenia Misura said:

Ryu said:

I have worked with direct customer contact A LOT (banking, not games). So I know that handbooks to provide quick answers exist and have a legitimate purpose, namely getting to the point quick. I also know that usage of said handbooks is supervised (if handled correctly). I do not blame the front end.

On the other hand:

- since the mechanics are not public, they are a black box to the users. if you intended a change or broke something will at first not make a difference on the customers side.

- Quite a few people are unhappy with the generic responses on several key issues. As far as strategy games are concerned, your are using low-complexity mechanics and try to create some mystery by not being willing to talk about them, and by not providing ingame tracking functions.

In order to keep this kind of thread productive, a different kind of answer is required. "We checked your banking amount, everything is working fine, you have just been unlucky with payouts."And ideally you would check how likely your payout logic is leading to high bank amounts, and see if there is a problem. Neither is happening so far (black box, observable side).

Hi, Ryu! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I can see your point and in some other thread I mentioned that all technical issues are investigated by our Support Team. Same with accounts — I'm not authorized to check players' accounts, it's field of work of our Support Team, and that's why only they can give strict answer like "We checked your account, everything's working fine".

On the other hand, I'm aware of all changes and fixes that we're implementing into the game. That's why I can confirm or deny information about changes in BGs mechanics or other changes in general. And that's the reason why my answer is generalized.

Battlegrounds are a part of the gameplay which is thoroughly tested by our QA team at all stages. Thus, we exclude the possibility of any breakdowns in its functioning.

Hence, our Technical Support team does not consider tickets regarding Battlegrounds.

https://support.plarium.com/enstormfall/Base/Search/Index

So...? 

Where can I get help ?

Ryu
14 December, 2016, 4:24 PM UTC
That is what the (in my case German) FAQ has to say on this topic, yes.
Gadheras
14 December, 2016, 4:27 PM UTC

Lord Mark said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Ryu said:

On the other hand:

Battlegrounds are a part of the gameplay which is thoroughly tested by our QA team at all stages. Thus, we exclude the possibility of any breakdowns in its functioning.

Hence, our Technical Support team does not consider tickets regarding Battlegrounds.

So...? 

Where can I get help ?

Yes because ever time they mess with the code they don't risk mess up something in that well tested gameplay of theirs right? :p

Sifr
15 December, 2016, 1:11 AM UTC
Gadheras said:

Lord Mark said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Ryu said:

On the other hand:

So...? 

Where can I get help ?

Yes because ever time they mess with the code they don't risk mess up something in that well tested gameplay of theirs right? :p

Of course not, they have tested it twice over on the test server so there can be nothing wrong on the real server.
Fighter Sifr of Fellowship
TheBeast
15 December, 2016, 3:15 AM UTC

No help :(

CM just ignored DJ's post :(

Lord Mark
15 December, 2016, 8:17 AM UTC

Update:

I cleared my little BG-s again:

Reward 400 necro
Lord Mark
15 December, 2016, 8:53 AM UTC

Welcome to Plarium Support Center!

Please note that our Technical Support agents will not consider tickets regarding gameplay elements.

For assistance with these issues, please consult the in-game Help feature, or visit the official game forums.

There, we have compiled a wealth of information on all aspects of the game, and our official moderators will gladly assist you in resolving any questions you may have about game features or mechanics.

Our official player communities are excellent resources for new and updated game information, hints, battlefield tactics, and more.

We encourage you to share your experiences there, connect with other players, and join the discussion about our game!

Lord Mark
15 December, 2016, 9:01 AM UTC

INSTANT HELP :

http://prntscr.com/djnwte

jumy
15 December, 2016, 9:34 AM UTC
Lord Mark said:

INSTANT HELP :

http://prntscr.com/djnwte

pay pay 
The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
15 December, 2016, 10:26 AM UTC

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Lord Mark, we haven't changed anything in Battlegrounds mechanics. You probably know that there are many strategies and theories about how Battlegrounds work, however, there is no guarantee that you will get the reward when you expect it.

Unfortunately there is no guarantee you will ever get the reward of getting out what you put in ever. That is the problem, not a lack of patience on players behalf. 

Please take the time to review the log. Please explain what is contained in the the log. 

I can add 2 more weeks worth of data (posted in another thread but I can add to the log). 

It's 4 weeks now with anywhere between 100m-200m resource trapped. That is 30m+ power of troops and the flippin account has only been at lvl 92 (avg banking value 86m). 

- If you understand BG's and check the log it was lost over the course of just one day. 100m+ resource lost in 1 day!!!!! How is that possible?

It's about a month since the problem occurred and 100 odd BGs later it's not getting better. If needed I can explain to you many pointers in the log that show that the game isn't recognising the correct bank and there is no hope of the resource coming back.

If you are going to give a generic copy and paste response, not really going to be happy. But if you go with "it will come but not as you expect it" then I'll accept that answer BUT with a deadline. If you are so confident there isn't a problem then how long will it take to correct itself? 

I'll get the player to do BG's every day. But when it doesn't rectify in the reasonable period of time you suggest you need you to finally accept there is a problem, start owning it and get the issue resolved. 

This loss in represents over a years worth of playing time/troop production or £500-£1000 worth of spending. Whichever way the person earned their troops it's so significant it demands a proper response. But to date just copy and paste response from forum post and ticket to support.

This is no small issue and replicated across many other players - this guy just happens to have an amazing log as evidence so there is no wriggling out of it from your side (well there is I guess as Plarium have just decided to ignore the evidence and leave the customer out to dry).

Lord djmoody, the main concept of the Battlegrounds missions is to loose the troops in order to get more powerful and unique Units. Players created many strategies of such Rewards calculations, which are based off of losses in resource costs for the troops you lose. However, you might not get anything for the Battlegrounds you just did but it is supposedly tallied together and you will eventually get Rewards.

I want to remind that Battlegrounds are optional, and Iyou can always enjoy the rest of the regular gameplay in the meanwhile.

Gadheras
15 December, 2016, 10:32 AM UTC

Eugenia Misura said:

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Lord djmoody, the main concept of the Battlegrounds missions is to loose the troops in order to get more powerful and unique Units. Players created many strategies of such Rewards calculations, which are based off of losses in resource costs for the troops you lose. However, you might not get anything for the Battlegrounds you just did but it is supposedly tallied together and you will eventually get Rewards.

I want to remind that Battlegrounds are optional, and Iyou can always enjoy the rest of the regular gameplay in the meanwhile.

When there is 100 million + worth of resources missing. The last thing you want to hear is "you will eventually get rewards".

Also, Stormfall is a game with a very minimal content. Take away BG's and just call it optional is like... wtf?

You know, the worst issue with Plarium is to pritty much ignore and not take the players serious... The money paying for your wages comes from the players pockets, might be worth an afterthought.
Solidarius
15 December, 2016, 11:27 AM UTC

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

When there is 100 million + worth of resources missing. The last thing you want to hear is "you will eventually get rewards".

Also, Stormfall is a game with a very minimal content. Take away BG's and just call it optional is like... wtf?

You know, the worst issue with Plarium is to pritty much ignore and not take the players serious... The money paying for your wages comes from the players pockets, might be worth an afterthought.

Dont mean to be the bad guy here but.... what is it exactly that you want from battlegrounds?

do you want them to revert to the old system, or change battlegrounds again to a different system.... or fix this persons issue of not geting a payout "YET"

all I see is people complain about resources missing and things not working properly.... you guys give no advice on WHAT YOU WANT...

do you want the DEV to log into this persons account and give back his 100 million resources?

here the info about battlegrounds from the game itself: http://prntscr.com/djpei3, read it carefully

I dont do level 150 or level 160 battlegrounds, I am still at lvl 30's ... other than a few bad payouts I have not lost big portions of my army/res

so i see this as a 1 person problem, unless you can get more people with the same problem... then mabey your real complaint is that BATTLEGROUNDS ARE NOT WORTH THE EFFORT ANYMORE....

<3>

UTC +5:00
Lord Mark
15 December, 2016, 11:39 AM UTC

Solidarius said:

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

djmoody said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Dont mean to be the bad guy here but.... what is it exactly that you want from battlegrounds?

do you want them to revert to the old system, or change battlegrounds again to a different system.... or fix this persons issue of not geting a payout "YET"

all I see is people complain about resources missing and things not working properly.... you guys give no advice on WHAT YOU WANT...

do you want the DEV to log into this persons account and give back his 100 million resources?

here the info about battlegrounds from the game itself: http://prntscr.com/djpei3, read it carefully

I dont do level 150 or level 160 battlegrounds, I am still at lvl 30's ... other than a few bad payouts I have not lost big portions of my army/res

so i see this as a 1 person problem, unless you can get more people with the same problem... then mabey your real complaint is that BATTLEGROUNDS ARE NOT WORTH THE EFFORT ANYMORE....

<3>

I read it !

http://prntscr.com/djpkni

I play BG from 2014 ....i know the game !

Solidarius
15 December, 2016, 11:50 AM UTC

Good job, Lord Mark!

I truly wish you the best luck in getting your 100million and hopefully soon! <3

Dont worry, because of you and many other post i read.... I have made a decision myself never to do high level battleground because of possibility of "trapped" resources!

so I thank you very much <3

Solid

jumy
15 December, 2016, 12:19 PM UTC

all this can happen to anyone, this big SECRET is just a cover apparently

for new or noob players is big secret,  you are noob

now for expert bg players, what is???

Luckily for us they are here with the evidence

in VIP club all work perfectly? 

The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
Solidarius
15 December, 2016, 12:57 PM UTC

Jumy....I am Noob because I dont lose 100million res in battleground?

What is this big secret you are talking about... 

this is my profile: http://prntscr.com/djqf5d

tell me with my stats how I am noob please?

also... I have heard many big leagues have ways to do the battleground in there favor and gain lots of troops

is this the big secret you speak of if so please share with us noobs.

what is VIP club? and what does it have to do with battleground?

if battleground was broken... I am sure in my server people will not have these stats http://prntscr.com/djqhw5

are these not expert players doing battlegrounds?

1721676 users registered; 42510 topics; 271469 posts; our newest member:deadly.stormfall