beacon massacre boycott AGAIN

beacon massacre boycott AGAIN

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 1, 2016, 18:4412/01/16
08/03/14

what kind of poor planning was that?

in all of the uproar of the last event, the only constructive criticism (beacuse everything else was "do not do this event again")  was to fix the information screen to be accurate with the rules.

and betwen events, they were too busy analyzing data, not feedback, to fix this? AND.... on top of that, they decide to monkey with the code in the MIDDLE of the most impactful event they could run.

Dec 1, 2016, 18:4612/01/16
And develope the mobile thingy dont forget this ;)
Dec 1, 2016, 18:5412/01/16

IronApex Turok said:

getting attacked by a league who did not pledge a boycott have resulted in points earned throgh defense.

Techway has been pointing out, this is an event no one can actually choose to not participate in, which is why its the worst event.

is being attacked so different than being attacked.  how many small players/leagues get attacked "not participating"?  if a player on hamlets is gathering resources, are they participating in pvp any more than players sending defense to beacons?  a small league chooses not to participate in capture the flag because their defense will be wiped out by a larger league, so they do not defend, and lose the flag.  does a large league differentiate between a flag of a level 5 or 8 citadel and a level 3,4,6 and 7 or do they plow on through?  does a player "participate" in being fireballed or raided or sieged?  if they leave their defense out, is this participating?  if they haven't reduced their resources below catacomb level is this participating in being attacked?

if destiny did not attack beacons, does that mean that they have made that many small enemies who seek revenge?  that they would lead in points by so much.  or are alts to blame?  maybe that's it?

everyone cries for there own cause.  that is not impressive.  taking a stand for others is what is impressive.  and if you take a stand for all, that is when you take a stand for self.  generally, when your cause is not another players cause,  their response is "go play farmville"  mooooooooooo

just my view of the situation:  clearly plarium isn't listening to anyone tho.
Dec 1, 2016, 19:0112/01/16
08/03/14
i dont remember Tech support, er...i mean destiny saying they werent going to compete. 
Dec 1, 2016, 19:0612/01/16

IronApex Turok said:

i dont remember Tech support, er...i mean destiny saying they werent going to compete. 

i just thought i remembered destiny blaming emerors for participating and that the next massacre would be emperor's fault.  maybe i am wrong on that.

it looks like so far emperors have had their own little boycott, as most all other leagues. gratz on the success you have had.  it is a strategy game tho, who knows what may be lurking.
Dec 1, 2016, 19:0812/01/16
Dec 1, 2016, 19:10(edited)
03/02/14

johanrayne said:

IronApex Turok said:

getting attacked by a league who did not pledge a boycott have resulted in points earned throgh defense.

Techway has been pointing out, this is an event no one can actually choose to not participate in, which is why its the worst event.

is being attacked so different than being attacked.  how many small players/leagues get attacked "not participating"?  if a player on hamlets is gathering resources, are they participating in pvp any more than players sending defense to beacons?  a small league chooses not to participate in capture the flag because their defense will be wiped out by a larger league, so they do not defend, and lose the flag.  does a large league differentiate between a flag of a level 5 or 8 citadel and a level 3,4,6 and 7 or do they plow on through?  does a player "participate" in being fireballed or raided or sieged?  if they leave their defense out, is this participating?  if they haven't reduced their resources below catacomb level is this participating in being attacked?

if destiny did not attack beacons, does that mean that they have made that many small enemies who seek revenge?  that they would lead in points by so much.  or are alts to blame?  maybe that's it?

everyone cries for there own cause.  that is not impressive.  taking a stand for others is what is impressive.  and if you take a stand for all, that is when you take a stand for self.  generally, when your cause is not another players cause,  their response is "go play farmville"  mooooooooooo

"Is being attacked so different then being attack" Well the answer to this is YES when the rules change.

Attacking with risk of loosing your army. and attacking with out the risk when you can revive for free.

this event allows league risk free to find out how much defense any given league might have i there beacon.

so they test for free to see if they can take it down. I have a problem with that.

Victory is reseved for those who are willing to pay it's price.

- Sun Tzu -

Dec 1, 2016, 19:3812/01/16

Techway_GrandMarshal said:

johanrayne said:

IronApex Turok said:

"Is being attacked so different then being attack" Well the answer to this is YES when the rules change.

Attacking with risk of loosing your army. and attacking with out the risk when you can revive for free.

this event allows league risk free to find out how much defense any given league might have i there beacon.

so they test for free to see if they can take it down. I have a problem with that.

Victory is reseved for those who are willing to pay it's price.

- Sun Tzu -

the price is usually beyond a 10 dollar a month subscription.  the growth paths to build an army are extremely slow if not non-existent.  the lack of risk is relational when all parties are playing by the same rules.  the only loss is the defense of the inactive.  this is a strategy game this event creates a new strategy for a day.  some leagues may have to play 3 card monte.  which i thought destiny did a variation of with emperors.

so far the massacre has been nothing but a resource sink just like all other aspects of this game.  those who spend 10 dollars a month or less on the game know that all things equal, they are not.

i understand the loss of inactive defense dilemma, which is why i applauded the beacon drop prior to the last event,  others thought it was a horrible idea.  the lack of risk of active troops are relational.  the event creates effort to restore order.

the smaller player always hears pay the price, go play farmville or quit crying and learn how to play the game.  i know beacon holding leagues have payed a price that other leagues have not,  and they want to be rewarded for that hard work.

my thoughts are simply: what is good for the goose, is good for the ganderer.  that all the cliches should be applied to all.

and on topic: plarium isn't listening to the outcries of anyone. i seem to be in the minority of at least those who are posting.

cheers
Dec 1, 2016, 21:1512/01/16
12/08/14

Soooo...every time we will try to stop this tournament they will cut 5% of the troops revival and increase the time? :)))

I'm just curious...
Dec 1, 2016, 22:4212/01/16

AndreeaCristina said:

Soooo...every time we will try to stop this tournament they will cut 5% of the troops revival and increase the time? :)))

I'm just curious...

the 95% was a mistake a visual one 

even though the previous event also showed 95% the actual revive was 90% 

Dec 1, 2016, 23:1512/01/16
12/08/14

exxxe said:

AndreeaCristina said:

I'm just curious...

Dec 1, 2016, 23:1612/01/16
Dec 1, 2016, 23:16(edited)

exxxe said:

AndreeaCristina said:

I'm just curious...

And this is sad we all told this that it was the wrong info, and if Snowgoon didnt say anything the mistake would still be in Untamed. The game has 2 server then Plarium should check that all have the same infos.

But Plarium makes differences in the different forums as well so why i should be wondered.

Dec 2, 2016, 05:2912/02/16
03/02/14

exxxe said:

AndreeaCristina said:

I'm just curious...

I pointed out and asked last time about the 95% and was told that's right 95%

So I guess it was wrong and we got ripped off last time.

How unfair is it to advertise something and do this.. isnt there some type of laws that stop companies like this from clearly ripping people off.

Dec 2, 2016, 06:3112/02/16

Techway_GrandMarshal said:

exxxe said:

AndreeaCristina said:

I'm just curious...

I pointed out and asked last time about the 95% and was told that's right 95%

So I guess it was wrong and we got ripped off last time.

How unfair is it to advertise something and do this.. isnt there some type of laws that stop companies like this from clearly ripping people off.

plarium did a mistake when they failed to fix it when it was reported first time and waited for the second event to show up

however anyone who asked here in the forum was told it is 90% im so sorry if you feel ripped off but there is nothing i can do :(
Dec 2, 2016, 06:4712/02/16
12/18/14
here's a suggestion, lets just go kill all the beacons on the map, end this game, turn off our computers and find a better hobby
Dec 2, 2016, 06:5312/02/16
03/08/15
I would like to thank myself and the rest of Destiny for our hard work removing Death INC's 60-65M strong beacons x4 from the map and removing probably 60% of their defense (due to inactivity) which shall never see the light of day for a small price of 13-14M offense in real terms. This event certainly benefitted Destiny as a league and we must say thankyou to Plarium for that. My question is when is the next one - Timmy the thankful :)
Dec 2, 2016, 06:5912/02/16
12/18/14
Timmyboy said:

I would like to thank myself and the rest of Destiny for our hard work removing Death INC's 60-65M strong beacons x4 from the map and removing probably 60% of their defense (due to inactivity) which shall never see the light of day for a small price of 13-14M offense in real terms. This event certainly benefitted Destiny as a league and we must say thankyou to Plarium for that. My question is when is the next one - Timmy the thankful :)
LOL you know you are my favorite but our opinions differ on this event 
Dec 2, 2016, 07:1912/02/16
05/14/16

What a joke...

Dec 2, 2016, 10:0112/02/16
01/12/15
Jezebel said:

here's a suggestion, lets just go kill all the beacons on the map, end this game, turn off our computers and find a better hobby
That's what happened in TD most likely.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Dec 2, 2016, 10:3512/02/16
09/17/15
Claire said:

Aww c'mon guys. My league is fighting off beacon attacks - no problem with that. But why would Plarium change the free revival from 95% to 90% mid-event? It is just not right to change things mid-event when losses have already been taken on the basis of the 95% figure. If you are listening Plarium, please re-establish it for this beacon massacre event; change it for the next one if you wish. 

95% was displayed as the result of mistake. It was reported to our devs, and fixed afterwards. The numbers should be equal for all game servers. And as we announced in the News, it should be 90%, not 95%.
Dec 2, 2016, 12:1312/02/16
08/03/14
Timmyboy said:

lol. another event that benefitted destiny. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.