This topic is closed

Customer Service Tips

67 Replies
Gadheras
21 November, 2016, 6:38 PM UTC

NIKITA METEOR said:

djmoody said:

What that actually means is sometimes you do what the customer wants, for no other reason that to make the customer feel valued and happy. And happy customers, shown a bit of love, do a big thing for you in return, they stay loyal and keep spending money with you.

If you choose to go down a "we know best" attitude on this topic and ignore all the customer feedback it will be the culmination of 2yrs of ignoring us.

At this point I don't think it's really about the massace torni at all. It's got bigger than that. This has now become a test of whether the united voice of the player base can achieve anything. If the answer is no, then we finally lose all hope.

We appreciate your feedback and our developers make decisions that is based on it. But let me draw your attention to the following. If we let every player implement his suggestion to the game, this will bring us to chaos. On the other hand we have our own vision of the game, balance, etc. So the only way make Stormfall better, is to do it together. That's a reason we have a Suggestion thread. Thanks for understanding! 

Give us the ability to lay siege to Oberons castle. And Im sure the community will show its discontent in full glory. I see several times "this and that" can't happen because if you let the users have a finger in how the game end up there will be chaos? None ask for every suggestion of every player to get implemented in the game. If you take notice of the forum you will see the players give strong objections on things we DO NOT WANT TO SEE, or DON'T WANT WHAT SO EVER!

You have a lot to learn from CCP and their use of the CSM body. In EVE we had players band together and riot to change the direction of the game. It might be your vision, and your game, but its us the players that live inside that sandbox and play it. We spend time, effort and some of us money, and a few a lot of money (some people just doesn't know better I guess).

In the suggestions forum, there is also mentioned suggestions you do not accept. Over time I seen a lot of suggestions that would been cool, that flat out rejected. There also been countless threads over time regarding the same suggestions brought up, and then when something similar of it materialise it come with further monetization. Stormfall is like a road with a toll both for every 100 meters. "cash please".

We get it, its a "pay to win game", your free to play mantra, is just a "free to try" in reality. Only pluss with Stormfall is its less shamefull than the likes of DC LEGENDS, then again Plarium got mobile games too that possible just as shameless.

A game need content to be fun, keep expand the level of monetization without expand the core content of the game is the fastest way to kill it. You basicaly made BG's a waste of time and effort to do. A lot of the tournaments a shameless stab at get players to rev units for sapphires and the actual prizes to participate is just not worth the cost. 

If you can gank some guy and harvest some nice jelly tears. Its worth a lot more than any tournament prize you got, and if you lucky the guy rage quit the game in the process. After all you can use his abandoned castle as a resource farm. The game is not set up so a player can bounce back easily because the vision of Plarium comes down to how big a straw they can put into our wallets, not to give the players a long lasting fun experience. 

I played EVE since August of 2003. I still do, I sub for 5 accounts. Heard about player loyality before? Such an experience is what you should aim towards give your players. The Stormfall(Plarium) community is so venomous its cringe worthy.

UTC +2:00
IronApex Turok
21 November, 2016, 8:47 PM UTC

NIKITA METEOR said:

We appreciate your feedback and our developers make decisions that is based on it. But let me draw your attention to the following. If we let every player implement his suggestion to the game, this will bring us to chaos. On the other hand we have our own vision of the game, balance, etc. So the only way make Stormfall better, is to do it together. That's a reason we have a Suggestion thread. Thanks for understanding! 

you have missed the entire point of this thread.

UTC +0:00
Gadheras
28 November, 2016, 7:18 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

NIKITA METEOR said:

you have missed the entire point of this thread.

Since when were they on the ball to start with?
Ryu
28 November, 2016, 12:07 PM UTC
Please elaborate on what numbers/participation encourages you to run beacon massacre yet again?
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
28 November, 2016, 1:14 PM UTC

Ryu said:

Please elaborate on what numbers/participation encourages you to run beacon massacre yet again?

Hi, Ryu!

According to the information I have, during the previous Massacre Tournament players' activity on Beacons was much higher than during any other Beacon-related Tournament.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
IronApex Turok
28 November, 2016, 1:54 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Ryu said:

Hi, Ryu!

According to the information I have, during the previous Massacre Tournament players' activity on Beacons was much higher than during any other Beacon-related Tournament.
on Untamed Lands we boycotted this event and only 1 beacon changed hands.  What information do you have?
djmoody
28 November, 2016, 1:59 PM UTC

You go to all the trouble to point out in business speak why Plarium working against the benefit of the server and even their own long term interests and all they do is accelerate the program and run the tournament again.

They have nothing but utter contempt for their own customers.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Gadheras
28 November, 2016, 2:26 PM UTC
djmoody said:

You go to all the trouble to point out in business speak why Plarium working against the benefit of the server and even their own long term interests and all they do is accelerate the program and run the tournament again.

They probably look at the meta data and see when and were players spend the most on sapphires. and well.... hey lets have becon masacre again!
IronApex Turok
28 November, 2016, 2:49 PM UTC

Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

They probably look at the meta data and see when and were players spend the most on sapphires. and well.... hey lets have becon masacre again!

it was everyone buying the 50% boosts to suppliment their defense inthe beacons out of fear. 

Ryu
28 November, 2016, 4:52 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Ryu said:

Hi, Ryu!

Ok, for the pure number of fights without risk (and meaning) conducted by a few that metric might actually look strong. Not having seen your numbers I am actually willing to believe that normal beacon tournaments mostly draw those leagues that had plans for other peoples beacons anyway. No need to rehash the conceptual weaknesses here, we will have enough other threads for that. Thanks for your answer.
Gadheras
28 November, 2016, 5:00 PM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

it was everyone buying the 50% boosts to suppliment their defense inthe beacons out of fear. 

nice tactic, scare players to spend money.... cute. really cute.
Reaper
28 November, 2016, 7:28 PM UTC
works in RL same way... USA tell in TV the crime in a city raise nothing is save all buying guns to protect their goods, even if the crime is fallen in the last years. Fear is a great motivation to do things you normally wouldnt do..
UTC +1:00
Lady Nerium KT-S2
28 November, 2016, 9:18 PM UTC

Alonya said:

But as I already said before, after each new feature release, devs check two important sources of information:

1) Player feedback from forum passed by CMs.

2) Activity logs.

Sometimes player feelings may differ from the actual situation that is represented by logs. In each case the decision about further feature development is made individually, based on all available data.

I have another number for you to look at Alonya... how many people have gone inactive or totally quit the game since the last Beacon Massacre? How do those numbers compare to the metrics from before the Massacre?  Short term burst of activity, mostly by leagues trying to protect themselves from the uber-coiners and then massive die-off of players. Great results, if running off the player base is what you are trying to accomplish.

I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
IronApex Turok
28 November, 2016, 9:21 PM UTC
i lost 4 active players who decided to go elsewhere than tolerate plariums tactics. 
Stewart_KT1
28 November, 2016, 10:11 PM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

i lost 4 active players who decided to go elsewhere than tolerate plariums tactics. 
Your not alone in that area as well
Noodle maker extreme
Ryu
29 November, 2016, 12:05 AM UTC

We did not have that problem so far, at least not outspoken, but there are things that could be done to increase the retention rate of new players (main accounts), even if it would likely increase the benefits for having alts, too. One big thing is getting people into the long-term game as quickly as possible. 

Another is putting unit build-up on a level that allows an active game-play where one mistake does not put you back to the beginning of your army building phase. Starvation or a similar limitation is what most games have for good reason.

Assuming that monetisation is the goal, and not attacking a business for behaving that way, I am convinced that you could do WAY better than you likely are. More greed is better, right?

None
29 November, 2016, 5:45 AM UTC

If only activity equaled satisfaction.

I am active in the BG out of pure stubbornness trying, hoping plarium hasn't stolen my troops for good, I keep hoping just maybe I will get back what I put in but I keep getting proven wrong so my activity creates more dissatisfaction until I quit.

So I ask again, does activity equal satisfaction?
None
29 November, 2016, 6:01 AM UTC

Plarium is like a long lasting bad relationship

You aren't happy but you put so much time and effort into it you aren't ready to quit even though you aren't happy and plarium won't go to relationship counseling with us LOL

They just ban people and remove their posts when they aren't happy so no need for counselling.
lp1979
29 November, 2016, 7:01 AM UTC

Hello and from me.I have one request if its possible of course!Can you restore my day Rewards?The reason to miss out One day is because i have been on trip and one my friend keep alyve my acount.If you chek my game history uou can view i never miss to login everyday!

Regards!
Ryu
29 November, 2016, 8:38 AM UTC
None said:

So I ask again, does activity equal satisfaction?

To a sufficient degree for a daily log-in game, yes. You play it, you must like it.
1658809 users registered; 33361 topic; 251684 posts; our newest member:MURDUR