All Categories

Customer Service Tips

Customer Service Tips

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Nov 15, 2016, 13:0811/15/16
07/10/14

Customer Service Tips

I googled "How Many Customer does an unhappy customer pass their experience to". I wanted a quote for a forum post.

I actually got a far better hit than I was really looking for - 75 Customer Service Facts Quotes and Statistics:

https://www.helpscout.net/75-customer-service-facts-quotes-statistics/

Here are some of the more pertinent ones to the players of Plarium games current predicament:

A typical business hears from 4% of it's dissatisfied customers.
It takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one unresolved negative experience.
News of bad customer service reaches more than twice as many ears as praise for a good service experience.
It is 6-7 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is to keep a current one.
For every customer who bothers to complain, 26 other customers remain silent.
When customers share their story, they’re not just sharing pain points. They’re actually teaching you how to make your product, service, and business better. Your customer service organization should be designed to efficiently communicate those issues.”

- Kristin Smaby, “Being Human is Good Business”

Although your customers won’t love you if you give bad service, your competitors will.”
70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated.

91% of unhappy customers will not willingly do business with you again.

Resolve a complaint in the customer's favor and they will do business with you again 70% of the time.
Ask your customers to be part of the solution, And don’t view them as part of the problem.”
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 15, 2016, 14:3611/15/16
Nov 15, 2016, 14:44(edited)

passed to CM's :)

edit :- thank you for putting all that effort at giving feedback 
Nov 15, 2016, 22:5311/15/16

djmoody said:

i know the info has already been passed on, and most everything that needs said has been said.  still i would like to respond.

When customers share their story, they’re not just sharing pain points. They’re actually teaching you how to make your product, service, and business better. Your customer service organization should be designed to efficiently communicate those issues.”

- Kristin Smaby, “Being Human is Good Business”

this is what i don't understand from game companies, not getting the point.  when i make my posts, 90% of the time i am not even making a statement to other players.  it is my statement.

91% of unhappy customers will not willingly do business with you again.

For every customer who bothers to complain, 26 other customers remain silent.
this statement i made before, the ones "complaining"  in the forums are the ones who feel that they have too much vested into the game to leave it, they make up the stubborn 9%.
Resolve a complaint in the customer's favor and they will do business with you again 70% of the time.
this is my comments on big boys who can make an executive decision.  and why i have taken a stand over what others would consider to be insignificant issues. Resolve a complaint in the customer's favor. this also is similar to all my posts on value and multiple growth paths.  i am not a tool, i am not an atm, i am a customer/potential customer.
is it easier to create 12 positive experiences or to resolve one bad one?  yes scammers create issues, but a big boy can deduce when to make an executive decision.
Ask your customers to be part of the solution, And don’t view them as part of the problem.”
this does not say:  Ask your customers to be part of the solution, And then ignore them.  yes different customers will want different tactical paths.  but increase the value and growth down many paths and you might find that you can on occasion create positive experiences for a greater number of customers/potential customers.

many statements i have made in the forums stem from the customer service statements provided by djmoody.  this not because i had read them, i did not read them til now,  but because they rang true from my experience.

thank you for this thread djmoody.

Nov 15, 2016, 23:4011/15/16
08/03/14
excellent post. 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 16, 2016, 11:3411/16/16
09/17/15

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here, djmoody!

You've found an interesting article 

And I'd like to add that all player feedback from Forum is gathered and passed to our game developers. They are always aware of how many players like or dislike certain features, what they'd like to change about them, etc. 

You also have me and Moderators here to discuss any game feature, get some extra information about different game aspects, or just share your concerns or feedback. It's always welcomed and appreciated.

I guess you're currently concerned about the upcoming Tournament and the fact that it's being launched even though players don't like it. I guess it should come as no surprise that the people creating this game have their own vision of the game and they are creating new features that are aimed to improve player gaming experience. Sometimes they cancel feature implementation after receiving player feedback (like it was with the new UI when the Hero just came out, or with the Units on the Map after the live stream). But in some cases they implement the feature and monitor player feedback and analytics data. 

If the feature is showing good results (even though the feedback is negative), and if players actively interact with it, it most likely will stay in the game.

As I said in another thread, it's really important for us to receive your feedback after the Massacre. It will be gathered and passed to our game developers for their further consideration.

Nov 16, 2016, 12:0311/16/16
Nov 16, 2016, 16:37(edited)

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I guess you're currently concerned about the upcoming Tournament and the fact that it's being launched even though players don't like it. I guess it should come as no surprise that the people creating this game have their own vision of the game and they are creating new features that are aimed to improve player gaming experience. 

To have own visions is nice but to make them customer friendly is another shoe. If we all see we can revive our troops after the event for free first, if we have 7d for it or not, is a big joke. It is senceless, i use my troops loose them and cant play the event anymore, til it ends cos i must revive for saphires. Right now it improve to show who can purchase the most stuff inside 12h.

And a beacon is not a castle where you are successful with 1.5k knights or 7k warlocks for example. You need a lot more even in league attacks few leagues cant make that much power to emptier a beacon and sit there and cant do anything til it ends.

The conditions inside the event are worse like the most new mechanics and changes the game brings to us now. Now that a minority of players is prefered by Plarium, i never saw this in other games before that a buisness make differences between their customers that much. And if we ask why is that or what are the rules for it Plarium keeps us in ignorance.

They offer things to the game like the VIP status without any transparency: What it makes to the game? Why it is in game ? etc

Im pretty sure you and all others in Plarium wouldnt like to stay in ingnorance too, if we would decide how the product has to be for them.

Nov 17, 2016, 02:5411/17/16
08/20/15

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here, djmoody!

You've found an interesting article 

And I'd like to add that all player feedback from Forum is gathered and passed to our game developers. They are always aware of how many players like or dislike certain features, what they'd like to change about them, etc. 

You also have me and Moderators here to discuss any game feature, get some extra information about different game aspects, or just share your concerns or feedback. It's always welcomed and appreciated.

I guess you're currently concerned about the upcoming Tournament and the fact that it's being launched even though players don't like it. I guess it should come as no surprise that the people creating this game have their own vision of the game and they are creating new features that are aimed to improve player gaming experience. Sometimes they cancel feature implementation after receiving player feedback (like it was with the new UI when the Hero just came out, or with the Units on the Map after the live stream). But in some cases they implement the feature and monitor player feedback and analytics data. 

If the feature is showing good results (even though the feedback is negative), and if players actively interact with it, it most likely will stay in the game.

As I said in another thread, it's really important for us to receive your feedback after the Massacre. It will be gathered and passed to our game developers for their further consideration.

I think you should note that the Untamed Lands leagues decided to boycott the tournament and for the most part succeeded. The majority of the tournament was as exciting as watching paint dry, and we were quite happy with that. The only excitement was watching 1 (one) newly dropped beacon change hands repeatedly between several small leagues, and eventually end up with the original owners. None of the top tier leagues participated. 

Yes, we're a much smaller population than Dark Plains, but still, we're dedicated players, many of us have played for years,  and we deserve to have our views considered. There were many things wrong with this tournament, and many of us told you about our objections well before it was implemented. We have a serious problem with long term players quitting, well more than the normal die-off that any game of this type experiences. High level players are quitting. Players who have put years and a large amount of money into the game. That should tell you that you are NOT moving in the right direction with recent changes. 

Here's your feedback. LISTEN TO US, WE AREN'T STUPID, MOST OF US HAVE PLAYED THESE GAMES FOR MANY YEARS. IF WE SAY IT IS A BAD IDEA, ASK WHY, DON'T JUST BLOW US OFF.

Nov 17, 2016, 03:0711/17/16
Love your comments Lady N, but don't be confused Plarium doesn't have any interest in the gamer's experience.  The only concern they show is for their coffers at everyone's expense :-))
Nov 17, 2016, 04:0011/17/16
08/03/14

i agree with Lady Nerium as well.

Plarium should take notice that an entire server came together to boycott this event.  and entire server of dissatisfied customers.

Nov 17, 2016, 05:3311/17/16
Nov 17, 2016, 11:37(edited)
05/14/16

Not to sound like a grump but.

Go to glassdoor. It is a site where employees rate the company. The comments alone tell their own  tale.

If the upper crust of the company doesn't give about thoughts of the employees and developers... What makes you think they even give a small shake of a for the customers.?

I enjoy this game. That is true. But I wont give them a wooden nickel or even lint from my pocket at this point. And that is also true.

I can't blame the mods for trying to keeps peoples hopes up. Many also enjoy playing also and  don't want to see it self destruct. Can't blame the cm for the same feelings since it is a paying job for them that would sink. But the signs are all there.

I might still be very new. A noon to many who have years invested here. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the signs of poor business management causing a implosion and collapse due to out of touch beaucracy. 

Good luck.

Nov 17, 2016, 11:3811/17/16
09/17/15
Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Here's your feedback. LISTEN TO US, WE AREN'T STUPID, MOST OF US HAVE PLAYED THESE GAMES FOR MANY YEARS. IF WE SAY IT IS A BAD IDEA, ASK WHY, DON'T JUST BLOW US OFF.

We always ask you why. After each new feature implementation I collect player feedback and pass it to our game developers. So everyone will be heard.
Nov 17, 2016, 11:5911/17/16
Nov 17, 2016, 12:04(edited)

Like Lady Nerium said before we all said that this event is an event we dont play the reasons you can read in the threads for it.

What decided Plarium ? They launched the event. And all said to play it  is a bad deal like the "cap the flag" event.

We made all our suggestions why it is not worth it to play but nothing changed even after 3 cap the flags. Same stupid buffs, same leagues you see there, same probs after the event is over.

Sometimes we dont need to wait til it starts to know that is not worth it or make no sence to play.

Maybe they hear it but dont change it, reasons for this i dont need to tell, that is why a lot lost the trust in Plarium and leave your games.

Nov 17, 2016, 15:2211/17/16
08/20/15

"But the mild voice of reason, pleading the cause of an enlarged and permanent interest, is but too often drowned, before public bodies as well as individuals, by the clamors of an impatient avidity for immediate and immoderate gain. "

James Madison

Nov 17, 2016, 22:0111/17/16
Nov 17, 2016, 22:03(edited)
08/03/14

4% of 1.26 million registered users willing to speak out and complain. 

50,000 dissastisfied customers that are dissatisfied customers  speaking out.  they are going to tell 9 people each, 

thats 450,000 people that will hear how bad this game is. 

you need 600,000 positive experiences to overcome that.

just looking at the 4%:

do you think there are 600,000 positive  happy customers in this game? if so... how many of them are willing to speak out to others?

Statistically, there are 1.3 million customers unhappy with this game.

it would take 15.6 million good experiences to resolve that. 

Nov 18, 2016, 12:2811/18/16
09/17/15

djmoody said:

If Plarium doesn't react to united player base on this issue people will lose hope that Plarium will ever listen on any topic (if all the players tell them something and nothing changes, why would they listen to my solo feedback). 

Each voice matters, djmoody. Each player on Forum represents hundreds (if not thousands) of players that share the same game experience and have the same feeling about a certain game feature. When I collect feedback for devs, I don't skip your solo comments, as I don't skip anyone else's comments. Sometimes one single player can point out something that was missed by others.

But as I already said before, after each new feature release, devs check two important sources of information:

1) Player feedback from forum passed by CMs.

2) Activity logs.

Sometimes player feelings may differ from the actual situation that is represented by logs. In each case the decision about further feature development is made individually, based on all available data.
Nov 18, 2016, 21:0511/18/16
08/03/14

Each voice matters, djmoody. Each player on Forum represents hundreds (if not thousands) of players that share the same game experience and have the same feeling about a certain game feature. 

what i think you dont understand is that DJMoody represent 50,000 voices.  when he makes a comment he is speaking for 4% of your over all demographic. 

over and over on the forum folks have said DJMoody speaks for them.  i have never seen him post a sentiment about how plarium does business that i dont agree with.  And you guys continually dismiss him.

Suggestions he makes go unheeded......

he remains unhappy.

every time he makes one post......  50,000 people are complaining, another 1.3 million are unhappy but not complaining 

stop being so dismissive.

Nov 21, 2016, 16:0911/21/16

djmoody said:

What that actually means is sometimes you do what the customer wants, for no other reason that to make the customer feel valued and happy. And happy customers, shown a bit of love, do a big thing for you in return, they stay loyal and keep spending money with you.

If you choose to go down a "we know best" attitude on this topic and ignore all the customer feedback it will be the culmination of 2yrs of ignoring us.

At this point I don't think it's really about the massace torni at all. It's got bigger than that. This has now become a test of whether the united voice of the player base can achieve anything. If the answer is no, then we finally lose all hope.

We appreciate your feedback and our developers make decisions that is based on it. But let me draw your attention to the following. If we let every player implement his suggestion to the game, this will bring us to chaos. On the other hand we have our own vision of the game, balance, etc. So the only way make Stormfall better, is to do it together. That's a reason we have a Suggestion thread. Thanks for understanding! 

Nov 21, 2016, 18:3811/21/16
07/25/15

NIKITA METEOR said:

djmoody said:

What that actually means is sometimes you do what the customer wants, for no other reason that to make the customer feel valued and happy. And happy customers, shown a bit of love, do a big thing for you in return, they stay loyal and keep spending money with you.

If you choose to go down a "we know best" attitude on this topic and ignore all the customer feedback it will be the culmination of 2yrs of ignoring us.

At this point I don't think it's really about the massace torni at all. It's got bigger than that. This has now become a test of whether the united voice of the player base can achieve anything. If the answer is no, then we finally lose all hope.

We appreciate your feedback and our developers make decisions that is based on it. But let me draw your attention to the following. If we let every player implement his suggestion to the game, this will bring us to chaos. On the other hand we have our own vision of the game, balance, etc. So the only way make Stormfall better, is to do it together. That's a reason we have a Suggestion thread. Thanks for understanding! 

Give us the ability to lay siege to Oberons castle. And Im sure the community will show its discontent in full glory. I see several times "this and that" can't happen because if you let the users have a finger in how the game end up there will be chaos? None ask for every suggestion of every player to get implemented in the game. If you take notice of the forum you will see the players give strong objections on things we DO NOT WANT TO SEE, or DON'T WANT WHAT SO EVER!

You have a lot to learn from CCP and their use of the CSM body. In EVE we had players band together and riot to change the direction of the game. It might be your vision, and your game, but its us the players that live inside that sandbox and play it. We spend time, effort and some of us money, and a few a lot of money (some people just doesn't know better I guess).

In the suggestions forum, there is also mentioned suggestions you do not accept. Over time I seen a lot of suggestions that would been cool, that flat out rejected. There also been countless threads over time regarding the same suggestions brought up, and then when something similar of it materialise it come with further monetization. Stormfall is like a road with a toll both for every 100 meters. "cash please".

We get it, its a "pay to win game", your free to play mantra, is just a "free to try" in reality. Only pluss with Stormfall is its less shamefull than the likes of DC LEGENDS, then again Plarium got mobile games too that possible just as shameless.

A game need content to be fun, keep expand the level of monetization without expand the core content of the game is the fastest way to kill it. You basicaly made BG's a waste of time and effort to do. A lot of the tournaments a shameless stab at get players to rev units for sapphires and the actual prizes to participate is just not worth the cost. 

If you can gank some guy and harvest some nice jelly tears. Its worth a lot more than any tournament prize you got, and if you lucky the guy rage quit the game in the process. After all you can use his abandoned castle as a resource farm. The game is not set up so a player can bounce back easily because the vision of Plarium comes down to how big a straw they can put into our wallets, not to give the players a long lasting fun experience. 

I played EVE since August of 2003. I still do, I sub for 5 accounts. Heard about player loyality before? Such an experience is what you should aim towards give your players. The Stormfall(Plarium) community is so venomous its cringe worthy.

Nov 21, 2016, 20:4711/21/16
08/03/14

NIKITA METEOR said:

you have missed the entire point of this thread.

Nov 28, 2016, 07:1811/28/16
07/25/15
IronApex Turok said:

NIKITA METEOR said:

you have missed the entire point of this thread.

Since when were they on the ball to start with?
Nov 28, 2016, 12:0711/28/16
Please elaborate on what numbers/participation encourages you to run beacon massacre yet again?
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.