Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 2, 2016, 20:3212/02/16
08/03/14

Gadheras said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Sifr said:

The stupidity of this tourney is that those who don't have what it takes to hold a beacon but have what it takes to take down a beacon flourished. It doesn't matter, they can attack randomly all they lost is 10% of the offense. While the one who holds beacon? They lost 10% of the def, they lost all their effort to upgrade the beacons, they need to retake it again if they want to hold it possibly after they tourney ends. All these will result in beacons being abandoned, obsolete. And this is what plarium wanted apparently so people will flock to fortress..

The worst tourney that ever invented.
Thank you for the feedback. It will be passed to our developers.

We got no idea who the devs are. It could be a trained monkey or a hamster in a cage for all we know -)

- Does each Plarium game got their own dev team?

If not, how many dev cycles is allocated to each game?

How many coders, gfx artists and so on work at Plarium? How many of these work on like Stormfall?

I'm spiled, With EVE I can attend fanfest, go to dev round tables, talk to devs, ask questions, heck you can even go pubing with the devs and get smashed with them.....

With Plarium they are stoved away in some dark cave, not seeing sunlight :p

http://company.plarium.com/news/featured/play-hard-to-work-hard-the-perks-of-being-a-game-designer/

here is a start to your answer. 

Dec 2, 2016, 21:0412/02/16
07/25/15

IronApex Turok said:

Gadheras said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Sifr said:

The stupidity of this tourney is that those who don't have what it takes to hold a beacon but have what it takes to take down a beacon flourished. It doesn't matter, they can attack randomly all they lost is 10% of the offense. While the one who holds beacon? They lost 10% of the def, they lost all their effort to upgrade the beacons, they need to retake it again if they want to hold it possibly after they tourney ends. All these will result in beacons being abandoned, obsolete. And this is what plarium wanted apparently so people will flock to fortress..

Thank you for the feedback. It will be passed to our developers.

We got no idea who the devs are. It could be a trained monkey or a hamster in a cage for all we know -)

- Does each Plarium game got their own dev team?

If not, how many dev cycles is allocated to each game?

How many coders, gfx artists and so on work at Plarium? How many of these work on like Stormfall?

I'm spiled, With EVE I can attend fanfest, go to dev round tables, talk to devs, ask questions, heck you can even go pubing with the devs and get smashed with them.....

With Plarium they are stoved away in some dark cave, not seeing sunlight :p

http://company.plarium.com/news/featured/play-hard-to-work-hard-the-perks-of-being-a-game-designer/

here is a start to your answer. 

"Being a Game Designer is what a lot of gamers would consider to be a dream job; and I would have to agree. Yes, we do get paid to play games but we also manage to get a bit of work done too! Apart from having a lot of fun playing games we are actually working. The idea is this: the more a game designer knows about games, the better the Game Designer!"

But they don't play their own games, at least not in the same enviroment the actual players do, so they clueless about their own games. Cute.

Dec 3, 2016, 03:1412/03/16
Dec 3, 2016, 10:37(edited)

Sifr said:

in every tournament for a mock "reward" need 100 times more

this game is the game IF

IF you click dragon stone

IF you click upgrade

IF you click click click click click 

GAME OVER TRY AGAIN

the reality is one, IF PAY: you have all, minimum guaranteed 60-70% only for offence stat and you can also defend with offense troops (+400%)

This delicate balance got lost? now beacon massacre-3d pvp and? mmmm revive -75%? why not a build +400% fast FREE and gain in packet?

-75%? the troops cost too much? (balanced?)

+100% fast imperial units (balanced?)
Dec 3, 2016, 10:1612/03/16
08/03/14
welcome back Jumy
Dec 3, 2016, 21:4112/03/16
05/15/16

The Beacon Massacre is an amazing addition to the game. Obviously this opinion is not well shared, so here is why I view it as good, not perfect; but better than what most events in the game currently consist of... etc, BG's "championships"... XP Exhibition's and other's like Build your castle buildings up. Usually stale and the same players win due to having more gems to spend on sketches (which needs to be addressed, too $$$).

1: Beacons are not something that every player or league are going to have or be involved with, since most p2p players coordinate with others, resulting in a league who may spend, collectively $500+ a month, with this tournament this gives players a chance to attack massively over defended beacons and not lose their whole army, and thus causing them to quit, since most of server 2 is empty due to not being able to afford irl to rebuild or wait several months to rebuild even a few million offense.

2: Why are we bashing this?! Plarium is already struggling with players who don't spend money daily on this game, and this is something we would like to see more of. 90% revival is amazing and generates more PvP which generates more server activity. From what I see.... Most players who dislike this event are in leagues with 5 beacons or more and are just afraid of losing units or a beacon/influence. War game's are not supposed to be something where players are afraid to see "fake virtual armies" destroyed. Lol, come on people, it's a game, not real life. If you lose a beacon, turn around and get it back! 

3: The event also attracts leagues to coordinate and attack a single beacon, resulting in a more "war like" environment much like this game is advertised. No single beacon is going to fall due to a few players, there are ALWAYS going to be losses when you deal with overtaking or defending beacons. Huge epic battles are something they want to see, and with this, you will see them more often. 

tl;dr = coiners need to relax and let the f2p players enjoy the amazing revival boost plarium is offering, it's just a game, and whining and stating that this is not a good idea is just content with training troops and sitting back. We need more players and this will help. From what I have read, in this thread, most players have just said the same thing over again repackaged as to why it's a good idea, and 99% of you are guys are massive p2p :/ 

consider the less fortunate

Dec 3, 2016, 22:2712/03/16
08/03/14

1) this event doesnt change any of that.

2) yes, the leagues, who have spent REAL LIFE MONEY to get these beacons and has taken them years to acquire them are now in jeapardy of losing them to casual players.  capturing  beacons have been the end goal to the game. (more on that below)  

3) there are single players out there who can take down a beacon by themselves. I have one or two in my league.  I know of several other leagues with that ability. 

The combination of this event and the the addition of the fortresses have totally devalued beacons.  even the DE is nullified with 50% boosts made available on demand and troops dont starve in the catacombs now.  Beacons are no longer a suitable end goal. 

it takes A LOT of real life money to take and hold a beacon. and when plarium puts in events like this where it costs nothing to take a beacon that was bought and paid for it devalues them. 

Imagine buying a house, and once a month, a neighbor could just move his stuff in and claim your house as his.   How much are you going to be willing to spend on a house?
Dec 4, 2016, 08:5612/04/16
08/03/14

djmoody said:

Holding beacons is the end game for virtually all players. You have to work together as a league to have enough defence to achieve it. You have to run your league well to maintain activity, train members and grow troop numbers. It take a huge amount of time and effort. It takes being smart. You also need to maintain diplo with many leagues and have a good intelligence network to keep the wolves from the door. Takes months, if not years to build yourself into a major league.

Just to reinterate. 

and all this can now be undone in a single event. 

Dec 4, 2016, 09:4212/04/16
IronApex Turok said:

welcome back Jumy

Dec 4, 2016, 19:2212/04/16

zach-rose11 said:

2: Why are we bashing this?! Plarium is already struggling with players who don't spend money daily on this game, and this is something we would like to see more of. 90% revival is amazing and generates more PvP which generates more server activity. 

there is a reason for that:  they do not give content for the masses.  by spend money daily, do you actually mean, more players who will spend the equivalent of a 10 dollar a month subscription?  in order to entice the larger masses of the game to do this, they need content.  this content needs to be multiple growth paths through gameplay as pve.  as long as all content caters to mega coining and resource sinks,  there actually needs to be fewer players who spend money daily to get the point across.

the massacre is still a 10% troop sink at its base and increases with the loss of inactive and vacationing troops.  this would not be as big a problem if there were growth paths to rebuild quickly.  it would be an inconvenience to the leagues that hold beacons.  but the game is an inconvenience for all.  especially the little guy.

all matters of the game imo revolve around the lack of growth paths and the constant resource sinks.  this needs to be fixed in order to entice players to spend equivalently to a subscription.

i have stated all this before.

just for the record, the majority of my suggestions for hamlets are just putting a band-aid on a broken dam.  but they imo are better than others given.  for the one real suggestion of mine pertaining to hamlets.............scroll up.

Dec 4, 2016, 19:3712/04/16
Dec 4, 2016, 19:37(edited)
07/25/15

I found this on the net, its not my words, but I fully agree to them and its quite relevant, so here goes :p

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Im going to give you F2P fans, the harsh reality of F2p. Ive been playing MMOs for over 2 decades. Thats right i was playing MMOs before people currently in college even existed. Ive played many MMOs from dozens of game companies online and mobile games.

Here is the harsh reality of true F2P, P2W models:

1) A businesses reason to exist is NOT( this is going to be a shock to you) to provide you with free entertainment. It is to make a profit.

2) This may seem strange to you, but Devs have bills, like to eat, like having electricity, maybe take a vacation now and then. You know things that require a paycheck.

3) A sub game is actually cheaper than a F2P. "Its free" is the oldest marketing trick in the book. Its not really free, you have to pay to get anywhere and/or be anything but a farm for wealthy players.

4) F2P games develop a "class system". You have:

- Wealthy players ( like me) that can drop hundreds of dollars a month on a game and not think twice about it. These are at the top of the food chain. They have all the best gear and are pretty much untouchable. What makes them even more untouchable is they tend to band together with other rich players. So now you have an oligarchy of credit cards.

- Middle class players that spend $20-$100 a month. These can survive in the game but they lag behind in having the nicest stuff.

- The poor players hoping that the $10 they spent this month on that package will really give them a boost cause it took them all month saving change to get that much. The end up spending most of their in game currency on protection items so they dont keep getting slaughtered.

- Poverty level players. The ones who scream about how games should be free. Because they are poor IRL, they think everything should be given to them. When instead of playing games, they should be working on fixing their financial situation. If you can afford a computer to play a modern MMO, then you can afford a sub. But we wont get into that. These players think they are getting a good deal cause its free! Nope they are just content farms for everyone else. Most of them play a few weeks, say i cant compete, and move on to a different game.

5) F2P game customer support goes to virtually nil. GMs are replaced by some min wage college kid that reads from a script and tries their best to frustrate you into just going away OR they simply just dont bother to respond to you at all. Unless its a question regarding payment problems. Then suddenly you get someone that is an IT guru.

6) The devs in free to play games focus on income generation. Not a quality product. There are a few F2P games i play every once in a while in which major bugs have went unchecked for YEARS. Meanwhile they are pumping out new premium items and upgrades on the weekly basis.

7) Everything in free to play, ironically, is about revenue generation. They dont care what you want in the game, the devs wont even talk to you. They dont read the forums because they dont want to sift through the enormous amount of complaint posts. Its not like it matters anyway. Their bosses are telling them to pump out revenue generating ideas, not fix crap they dont make any additional revenue of.

8) The one thing that never fails, that never has bugs, and always works in a F2P game is the payment processor. It will take your money without fail every single time you use it. It is flawless in its job. And they probably spent more on their payment processor than the spent on the entire game.

F2P games are nothing more than scams. 

---------------------------------

All this sounds very familiar...

Dec 4, 2016, 19:5212/04/16
Dec 4, 2016, 19:54(edited)

Gadheras said:

I found this on the net, its not my words, but I fully agree to them and its quite relevant, so here goes :p

yep, that's it in a nutshell, i still hold on to the idea that true growth paths would create a 10 dollar a month player base.  and although that won't completely bridge the gap in classes. it would make this game better for the masses.  and the mega coiner would still exist.

but it is the common perception that the 10 dollar a month player isn't worth creating content for.
Dec 4, 2016, 21:5112/04/16
08/03/14
the problem with plarium is, they want to punish coiners with this beacon massacre. 
Dec 5, 2016, 01:2412/05/16
01/12/15

Gadheras said:

Im going to give you F2P fans, the harsh reality of F2p. Ive been playing MMOs for over 2 decades. Thats right i was playing MMOs before people currently in college even existed. Ive played many MMOs from dozens of game companies online and mobile games.

Here is the harsh reality of true F2P, P2W models:

1) A businesses reason to exist is NOT( this is going to be a shock to you) to provide you with free entertainment. It is to make a profit.

2) This may seem strange to you, but Devs have bills, like to eat, like having electricity, maybe take a vacation now and then. You know things that require a paycheck.

3) A sub game is actually cheaper than a F2P. "Its free" is the oldest marketing trick in the book. Its not really free, you have to pay to get anywhere and/or be anything but a farm for wealthy players.

4) F2P games develop a "class system". You have:

- Wealthy players ( like me) that can drop hundreds of dollars a month on a game and not think twice about it. These are at the top of the food chain. They have all the best gear and are pretty much untouchable. What makes them even more untouchable is they tend to band together with other rich players. So now you have an oligarchy of credit cards.

- Middle class players that spend $20-$100 a month. These can survive in the game but they lag behind in having the nicest stuff.

- The poor players hoping that the $10 they spent this month on that package will really give them a boost cause it took them all month saving change to get that much. The end up spending most of their in game currency on protection items so they dont keep getting slaughtered.

- Poverty level players. The ones who scream about how games should be free. Because they are poor IRL, they think everything should be given to them. When instead of playing games, they should be working on fixing their financial situation. If you can afford a computer to play a modern MMO, then you can afford a sub. But we wont get into that. These players think they are getting a good deal cause its free! Nope they are just content farms for everyone else. Most of them play a few weeks, say i cant compete, and move on to a different game.

5) F2P game customer support goes to virtually nil. GMs are replaced by some min wage college kid that reads from a script and tries their best to frustrate you into just going away OR they simply just dont bother to respond to you at all. Unless its a question regarding payment problems. Then suddenly you get someone that is an IT guru.

6) The devs in free to play games focus on income generation. Not a quality product. There are a few F2P games i play every once in a while in which major bugs have went unchecked for YEARS. Meanwhile they are pumping out new premium items and upgrades on the weekly basis.

7) Everything in free to play, ironically, is about revenue generation. They dont care what you want in the game, the devs wont even talk to you. They dont read the forums because they dont want to sift through the enormous amount of complaint posts. Its not like it matters anyway. Their bosses are telling them to pump out revenue generating ideas, not fix crap they dont make any additional revenue of.

8) The one thing that never fails, that never has bugs, and always works in a F2P game is the payment processor. It will take your money without fail every single time you use it. It is flawless in its job. And they probably spent more on their payment processor than the spent on the entire game.

F2P games are nothing more than scams. 

---------------------------------

All this sounds very familiar...

When I first play this game it wasn't like this. It was quite fun even for no coiners. like me, I mean even as a no coiner I can survive all this time (catacomb FTW lol), and I can get some sapphs to use on things from tourneys. Ofc it's a bad idea to get toe to toe with a heavy coiners lol. And then there were none of what I felt when I first played.

Dec 5, 2016, 04:5712/05/16
Dec 5, 2016, 04:57(edited)
08/03/14

i started playing as a non coiner. 

plarium began changing the rules and forced me into coining....

now those same mechanisms keep from continuing to coin. 
Dec 5, 2016, 16:5612/05/16
07/25/15
IronApex Turok said:

i started playing as a non coiner. 

plarium began changing the rules and forced me into coining....

now those same mechanisms keep from continuing to coin. 
On average I probably spend like 10 bucks a month, so Im not that big of a coiner. and I always hold out for the "good" deals. But doing that I know I wont be competing in the top for anything anytime soon, then again. Why spend all that to get less back than you spend to get there.
Dec 18, 2016, 19:4512/18/16
08/03/14

back to the top. 

New Community manager on the forum, maybe eugenia will pass on the the disdain by the players for this event to the developers. 
Dec 20, 2016, 20:3012/20/16
07/25/15

IronApex Turok said:

back to the top. 

New Community manager on the forum, maybe eugenia will pass on the the disdain by the players for this event to the developers. 

maybe the previous did pass on to much, so got replaced :p

Dec 21, 2016, 15:1512/21/16
Dec 21, 2016, 15:22(edited)
03/13/15

i doubt the petition will ever work.. this is the status with 21 Hrs remaining for the event to end..

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.