Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 17, 2016, 00:4811/17/16

RIP beacon massacre

good job guys on untamed lands

I tip my hat to all who boycott this

Nov 17, 2016, 02:3011/17/16
08/20/15
I'm proud to play with the leagues of Untamed Lands. We pulled together, friends, allies, and enemies, and kept the peace. Thank you.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 17, 2016, 11:5211/17/16
09/17/15
IronApex Turok said:

we dont want an event that upsets 4-5 years of hard work. Everything the players have struggled to achieve gets destroyed in 12 hours of an event with no rewards. 

I will pass this feedback to our devs.
Nov 28, 2016, 12:0811/28/16
Second round. Still don´t want to participate
Nov 28, 2016, 12:2811/28/16
Nov 30, 2016, 11:06(edited)
08/03/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

* Edited.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

edited for compliance: the original section of this post has been left untouched.  The first few sentences of this post are in caps to call attention to the the fact that our voices were not heard the first time around.

the second part of this post (the segment below the solid line) is for compliance reasons only. As only a portion of my post is in capital letters, i have not typed "only in capital letters" and am not in violation of the user agreements of this forum. 

Nov 28, 2016, 12:5311/28/16
09/17/15

IronApex Turok said:

THIS IS WHAT WE ALL EXPECTED WHEN  YOU PASS OUR FEEDBACK TO THE DEVS.

IT SEEMS THEY ALWAYS DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHATS BEST.

I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE RUNNING THIS EVENT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Ironapex! Please edit your comment. According to our Forum Rules, users agree not to:

3.6. Type only in CAPITAL LETTERS (using Caps Lock) or use alternate CaPiTaLiZaTiOn of words.

Nov 28, 2016, 13:0911/28/16
07/30/14

IronApex Turok said:

THIS IS WHAT WE ALL EXPECTED WHEN  YOU PASS OUR FEEDBACK TO THE DEVS.

IT SEEMS THEY ALWAYS DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHATS BEST.

I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE RUNNING THIS EVENT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Ironapex! Please edit your comment. According to our Forum Rules, users agree not to:

3.6. Type only in CAPITAL LETTERS (using Caps Lock) or use alternate CaPiTaLiZaTiOn of words.

Typical that you dont even argue his point but rather reprimand him for the technical error he has made.

What a excellent Mod you are. 

Nov 28, 2016, 13:2911/28/16

maybe because the point is wrong and it is against the rules 

so we will simply ignore it

i checked the event tab there is no massacre not yet at least :(
Nov 28, 2016, 13:3311/28/16
07/30/14
exxxe said:

The point is you read what you want and ignore what you choose. END OF
Nov 28, 2016, 13:4611/28/16
08/03/14

exxxe said:

we are on page 5 of a petition to stop this event.    how was my point wrong? did Alyona not give the feedback that this event was unwanted?  its mind boggling to see that this event is back. 

Nov 28, 2016, 21:3411/28/16
Nov 28, 2016, 21:44(edited)
08/20/15

in an effort to not use capital letters and offend the moderator-who-shall-not-be-named i will drop the capitals completely. 

it has become pretty clear that plarium has no regard for player opinion and its all about the numbers. alonya commented in another thread that "the numbers showed there was higher participation in the last beacon massacre than there has been in previous events." 

i am sure there was, because many people were frantically trying to protect their beacons from the massive armies the mega coiners can field. when there are no repercussions to throwing your entire easily bought army at a beacon, then why not go wild? the effect on the majority of players who are only casual spenders is massive though. 

coiners can revive all but 10% of losses from each attack, but non-coiners can not. Attack, revive, and attack again until the non-coiners run out of troops - beacon lost, and no defense troops until after the massacre ends. Free 95% revival at that point means very little when the beacons are gone, and you would have to kill off millions of offense to take them back - without a revival.

i'd like to take a survey - how many forum readers would quit the game if your league's beacons were attacked by a coining league, and you lost the beacons due to this tournament? 

Nov 29, 2016, 17:4611/29/16
Dec 1, 2016, 17:27(edited)
03/22/16
Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

in an effort to not use capital letters and offend the moderator-who-shall-not-be-named i will drop the capitals completely. 

it has become pretty clear that plarium has no regard for player opinion and its all about the numbers. alonya commented in another thread that "the numbers showed there was higher participation in the last beacon massacre than there has been in previous events." 

i am sure there was, because many people were frantically trying to protect their beacons from the massive armies the mega coiners can field. when there are no repercussions to throwing your entire easily bought army at a beacon, then why not go wild? the effect on the majority of players who are only casual spenders is massive though. 

coiners can revive all but 10% of losses from each attack, but non-coiners can not. Attack, revive, and attack again until the non-coiners run out of troops - beacon lost, and no defense troops until after the massacre ends. Free 95% revival at that point means very little when the beacons are gone, and you would have to kill off millions of offense to take them back - without a revival.

i'd like to take a survey - how many forum readers would quit the game if your league's beacons were attacked by a coining league, and you lost the beacons due to this tournament? 

The only way to stop the tournament is by stopping all Beacon activity during Massacre. The one Beacon involved on server 2 last time resulted in more Beacon attacks in one day than in a normal month. These statistics prompted Plarium to hold another one. Any activity will cause more Beacon Massacres. Talk to Allies and enemies. Plarium will follow the trail of profit as does every company.Unfortunately, there will always be those who wish to win tournaments, regardless of rewards or costs.
Nov 29, 2016, 19:1611/29/16
Nov 29, 2016, 19:21(edited)

IronApex Turok said:

exxxe said:

we are on page 5 of a petition to stop this event.    how was my point wrong? did Alyona not give the feedback that this event was unwanted?  its mind boggling to see that this event is back. 

i read it ( your point suggest that devs always do opposite my opinion is that it is wrong )

also the capitals are against rules how any of that is relevant to being in page 5 of this i dont know 

i did not read what alyona edited because i cant so i wont judge there 

i actually do disagree with the massacre running again and running again so soon and i pointed it out

Nov 29, 2016, 21:0911/29/16
08/03/14
exxxe said:

i read it ( your point suggest that devs always do opposite my opinion is that it is wrong )

can you support this claim through evidence? On what grounds have you based this opinion?
Dec 2, 2016, 09:0412/02/16
Agree 100%. All for encouraging Pay to Play. It's what keeps the game developing. BUT, this is garbage. It's not pay to play, it's he who pays the most wins the most. Totally destroys the strategy aspect of the game. Total idiocy as far as I'm concerned. I've started spending less because of this direction. Will soon quit it if it continues and once I quit, I assure you I will NEVER play a Plarium game again. Treating the average customer like dirt and fodder for those spending a fortune in the game is no way to keep a game going...
Dec 2, 2016, 09:1812/02/16

IronApex Turok said:

exxxe said:

can you support this claim through evidence? On what grounds have you based this opinion?

they acknowledged the complaints about the flag tournament (they will do improvement no time frame though )

Alyona will announce it soon 
Dec 2, 2016, 09:5812/02/16
01/12/15

The stupidity of this tourney is that those who don't have what it takes to hold a beacon but have what it takes to take down a beacon flourished. It doesn't matter, they can attack randomly all they lost is 10% of the offense. While the one who holds beacon? They lost 10% of the def, they lost all their effort to upgrade the beacons, they need to retake it again if they want to hold it possibly after they tourney ends. All these will result in beacons being abandoned, obsolete. And this is what plarium wanted apparently so people will flock to fortress..

The worst tourney that ever invented.
Dec 2, 2016, 10:4012/02/16
09/17/15
Sifr said:

The stupidity of this tourney is that those who don't have what it takes to hold a beacon but have what it takes to take down a beacon flourished. It doesn't matter, they can attack randomly all they lost is 10% of the offense. While the one who holds beacon? They lost 10% of the def, they lost all their effort to upgrade the beacons, they need to retake it again if they want to hold it possibly after they tourney ends. All these will result in beacons being abandoned, obsolete. And this is what plarium wanted apparently so people will flock to fortress..

Thank you for the feedback. It will be passed to our developers.
Dec 2, 2016, 12:5312/02/16
01/12/15

Sifr said:

Take your time. I expect nothing. 
Dec 2, 2016, 18:1012/02/16
07/25/15

Sifr said:

We got no idea who the devs are. It could be a trained monkey or a hamster in a cage for all we know -)

- Does each Plarium game got their own dev team?

If not, how many dev cycles is allocated to each game?

How many coders, gfx artists and so on work at Plarium? How many of these work on like Stormfall?

I'm spiled, With EVE I can attend fanfest, go to dev round tables, talk to devs, ask questions, heck you can even go pubing with the devs and get smashed with them.....

With Plarium they are stoved away in some dark cave, not seeing sunlight :p

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.