PVP rewards are HORRIBLE after 10K

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Nov 4, 2016, 20:4811/04/16
04/18/15

Like most things Failirum does, it just makes no sense:

Take the PVP that just started, lasts for 3 days......I have made 10K pvp points and can get 320 golems/160 necros  480 saphs

ok, thats wonderfull, but if I want to earn 80 golems/40 necros more.......it takes 10K more PVP points....HUH?  and for the ultimate bonus, 100 more golems or 50 necros takes 30K PVP points.  Jeez

I guess the other bonus is to get in the top 10 and get some piddling amount of saphs, unless you manage to get the number 1 spot, and even then the cost for saph rewards is horrible.

I know its been this way for a long time, but it is frustrating. I am just venting and I know nothing will come of it. Carry on Failirum
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 5, 2016, 08:3711/05/16
10/31/14
Really sorry to hear that, but what is more fustrationg is the fact that the top ten is now made in a such a way that a level 120 can compete with a level 40. 
Nov 5, 2016, 17:4311/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 17:43(edited)

villaridge pvp generally gives you less than the tropp you lose

only if you find an easy target you can do somethink but generally it is a system when player play against another active and equal player you lose more than take back

Nov 5, 2016, 17:4511/05/16
12/18/14
best rule of thumb is to only use what you are willing to lose for pvp ... if you only make 5k points whatever...you gained some rewards for playing a war game :)
Nov 5, 2016, 17:4511/05/16
Nov 6, 2016, 17:05(edited)

so villaridge i disgree whith you, it is horrible generally for some reasons players seems they dont understand or ignore it although it is obvious the damage we have when we do pvps :)

when you crush serious force of course you lose more troop than you take back

but  even if you sent 1500 patfinders and 200 knight against 20 golem again your losts is bigger than the troop they give you it is obvious how it works

it is a simple cheat :)

the only think you can do is use a lot of troop and different kind of troop only then you have some lucky

but generally this system is ideal to dissapoint you

Nov 6, 2016, 13:0911/06/16
Nov 6, 2016, 13:10(edited)

there are several PVP events come and go with different tiers and different rewards 

it is up to you and your strategy to choose which one you will play in and to which tier you want to reach :)

(thus how much units you want to lose and what type '/ which enemy you will pick ,,,etc)

Nov 6, 2016, 22:3711/06/16
Nov 6, 2016, 22:39(edited)
02/22/15

PvP can be very profitable, I can get over 1000 points without losing a troop. It is just the patience to wait for the right hits or lots of time to hit small ones over and over.

If you just throw some troops at a target without understanding the nuances of the game you will usually lose troops.

And to the original post, up to 10k PvP is the best profit, after that it gets much harder and in most cases not wotrh getting more than 10k
Nov 7, 2016, 02:2011/07/16
Nov 7, 2016, 02:22(edited)
03/20/14

^ What he said. using the zero loss method you can get big PvP for no losses, The decimal points between whole numbers is important when the damage is spread over so many troops.

Also playing with the perception that you must max PvP you will more often than not lose more than you gain. I am only at ~ 4k PvP and everyone is not leaving anything good out to kill. But that dont mean im going to hit a castle with decent walls or hit a beacon/fort.

I will just make more in the next tourney.
Nov 7, 2016, 02:4511/07/16
05/14/16

If you judge where you are at and what reward are offered at the various point checkpoints you can manipulate your loses vs earnings a lot easier. And break even or come ahead. Play smart that is the strategy part of the game.  

You don't have to play every tourney . and if get caught with your pants down ether try to lick your wounds or balance your losses.

Nov 7, 2016, 02:4811/07/16
05/14/16

exxxe said:

there are several PVP events come and go with different tiers and different rewards 

it is up to you and your strategy to choose which one you will play in and to which tier you want to reach :)

(thus how much units you want to lose and what type '/ which enemy you will pick ,,,etc)

Reality is that after a certain point the same players dominate both tiers. 

Lets call a spade a spade. And not sugar coat reality. Not that it matters to me any. Make no mistake I gave no dog in that fight.

Nov 7, 2016, 12:5911/07/16

Well tournees are not really ment to get more units then what you lose on them!! The idea is that you can win certain items that you can't make yourself.

- Sapphires, yes you can buy them but if you're not a coiner it is the best way to get them and build up your castle with it or buy legendaries.

- Soulstones, which you need to buy sertain scrolls, upgrade your caravan capacity and gain other things

- Skull Runes

- Sketches (I really don't hope it was a one time thing btw)

- Eldritch units

So yes you'll lose your normal units on the tournaments but gain things you can't get  another way.

The problem is that you'll get to a certain points where your castle is fully build, all lost arts are done, Skull Runes aren't needed anymore and you've allready got thousends of soulstones. That is why the tournaments aren't as appealing anymore then they once were. And trying to get to the top on a limited budget won't do anymore.

When I was between lvl 60 and 70 I really did enjoy the tournees because you needed the rewards but nowadays a lot less. But I really don't think getting more units out of it will do the trick.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.