This topic is closed

Elite Tire PVP

10 Replies
tissetass
31 October, 2016, 1:43 PM UTC

I understand that you are placed in a tire according to how you have done in previous tournaments. So I got a good placing in a few low level tournaments, dragon derbies and development races mainly, some pvp as well. And now I am stuck in a tire with people who have 100 millions of trops, like the top offence guy ever on the server. Been in this tire since I was level 54 and I have no chance of even getting close to a ranked spot. Is this working as intended?

I for one felt it was working better when it was devided by level, because then you could chose when to move to the next "Tire". I know that some people stayed low level on purpose but it is a strategy game implying strategy should bee a part of the game. Staying low level had it pros and cons as well.
UTC +2:00
4
IronApex Turok
1 November, 2016, 1:33 AM UTC

ah, but thats where  you are wrong.


this isnt a strategy game.


this is a spend to win game.
UTC +0:00
3
Snowgoon
1 November, 2016, 6:23 PM UTC

tissetass said:


I understand that you are placed in a tire according to how you have done in previous tournaments. So I got a good placing in a few low level tournaments, dragon derbies and development races mainly, some pvp as well. And now I am stuck in a tire with people who have 100 millions of trops, like the top offence guy ever on the server. Been in this tire since I was level 54 and I have no chance of even getting close to a ranked spot. Is this working as intended?

I for one felt it was working better when it was devided by level, because then you could chose when to move to the next "Tire". I know that some people stayed low level on purpose but it is a strategy game implying strategy should bee a part of the game. Staying low level had it pros and cons as well.

It is my understanding that the new elite tier has only been used in solo pvp tournaments, not dragon nor development etc

Plarium have used this to give EXTRA sapphires to top pvp coiners, at the expense of everybody else.
These coiners get sapphires from BOTH Tiers, and most of them are above level 75

Their tournament points come from zero-loss raids against much weaker players, a practice which should give them zero points.


They should have their own tier and be forced to fight against each other ... I would pay to watch that :)

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
2
Oracle
1 November, 2016, 6:49 PM UTC

tissetass said:


I understand that you are placed in a tire according to how you have done in previous tournaments. So I got a good placing in a few low level tournaments, dragon derbies and development races mainly, some pvp as well. And now I am stuck in a tire with people who have 100 millions of trops, like the top offence guy ever on the server. Been in this tire since I was level 54 and I have no chance of even getting close to a ranked spot. Is this working as intended?

I for one felt it was working better when it was devided by level, because then you could chose when to move to the next "Tire". I know that some people stayed low level on purpose but it is a strategy game implying strategy should bee a part of the game. Staying low level had it pros and cons as well

We have asked for these they are just not willing to give us that. i am not in any way agaist coiners but they are given way to much profit in these game.

SNOWGOON said

It is my understanding that the new elite tier has only been used in solo pvp tournaments, not dragon nor development etc

Plarium have used this to give EXTRA sapphires to top pvp coiners, at the expense of everybody else.
These coiners get sapphires from BOTH Tiers, and most of them are above level 75

Their tournament points come from zero-loss raids against much weaker players, a practice which should give them zero points.

They should have their own tier and be forced to fight against each other ... I would pay to watch that :)
You also get PvP by hitting smaller weaker players I am not ashamed of it, last PvP I went toe to toe with a  small league. It was fun, they lost more money on me, record 19 FB's, 9 Great western dead, plus other bunch of units, I lost 300K in defense. It was fun. 

Next week I take down more smaller league and players, we all do it 

Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
1
toggit
1 November, 2016, 8:21 PM UTC

oracle said:


Next week I take down more smaller league and players, we all do it 

Which is exactly what is wrong with all plarium games.


You get the same rewards for killing a level 1 Griffin as you do for killing level 32 Griffins - that is totally wrong

You are rewarded for killing 98% of their defense with  minimal or zero losses to yourself - totally dumb programming


Plarium tried to introduce the 3% rule but were shouted down by the coiners
No pvp points unless they lose 3% of their own units - seems perfectly fair to me

UTC +0:00
1
Sifr
2 November, 2016, 2:14 AM UTC
No pvp points unless they lose 3% of their own units - seems perfectly fair to me

I am a no coiner and I'm 100% against this. 3% of 100M is 3M. With 3M losses at minimum to get points it's better to just sit down and relax, or just use fireballs. Another problem with that is massive defenders or WOD might become pointless. Might as well use 10 pathys to attack 1k castle rather than using 10k pathys to attack 1 castle.


If there is any benefit that I can't think of I might change my mind.



Fighter Sifr of Fellowship
UTC +0:00
2
Snowgoon
3 November, 2016, 1:05 PM UTC

Sifr said:


No pvp points unless they lose 3% of their own units - seems perfectly fair to me

I am a no coiner and I'm 100% against this.



You lost over 17% so I don't see your problem.
Your opponent lost over 84% so the combat algorithm seems to be working as intended.


If you are only attacking for pvp points then you should expect losses. The 3% Rule was intended to stop the bullying, which 99% of players agreed with.

Strong players should never be rewarded for sending 100 million offense against weak opponents - This has got nothing to do with normal attacks against 446 Golems

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
0
Sifr
3 November, 2016, 2:59 PM UTC

Snowgoon said:


Sifr said:


No pvp points unless they lose 3% of their own units - seems perfectly fair to me

I am a no coiner and I'm 100% against this.



You lost over 17% so I don't see your problem.
Your opponent lost over 84% so the combat algorithm seems to be working as intended.


If you are only attacking for pvp points then you should expect losses. The 3% Rule was intended to stop the bullying, which 99% of players agreed with.

Strong players should never be rewarded for sending 100 million offense against weak opponents - This has got nothing to do with normal attacks against 446 Golems

So the only benefit is to stop bullying? We were all a noob, we have catacomb to save our units, there is also weor's proection now, teleport spell, getting help from league members etc etc. This will only create incoveniences. I really wanna see some ss of people raiding and losses almost nothing while the defenders losses a lot.

Now then what if I send 30k pathfinders to a castle and lost 888 of em. With 3%, just 12 less and I got no point. Truly a great way to make sure you defend with small numbers to annoy the attacker.

As I've said if this get implemented no point to use units to do pvp anymore, might as well rely on fireball. or sending only 10 pathfinders and make 300 attacks on a castle. That will certainly get me some points. Defenders getting point for their losses? Who cares.

And that SS I provided so anyone can see I'm ready to lose some units during pvp and I'm still against this until someone can pointed out some benefits that I can't think of. And I only send 5k because at that time I only need 5k points.

And are you sure 99% playerbase agreed? I've always wanna be the minority.



Fighter Sifr of Fellowship
UTC +0:00
0
Stewart
4 November, 2016, 7:51 AM UTC

So my concerted effort to raid and PvP for little or no loss over the period of years to build my army into a decent fighting force would now result in me losing millions in troops power in order to kill a couple hundred gollums.


How dare i play smart, avoid traps and pick my battles to have a fighting army.

Noodle maker extreme
UTC +0:00
1
mail3am
6 November, 2016, 8:02 PM UTC

After one has put excessive amounts of money into the game, it must get to feel like you cannot stop, so I assume the game maker runs into a place that it gets impossible to keep up with the player.

Is there any way that their investment could be placed into a new entirely different world/server to explore/conquer ? 

One that was inaccessible to any one who has not paid a certain amount.

A place to "graduate" to. 

A place that is exclusive to top coiners where level 100  begins.

I wonder if they have anything like that ahead ?

UTC +7:00
0
thefray
6 November, 2016, 10:00 PM UTC

The game has skewed in favor of newer players, all this new gear and items we didn't have 2 years ago so suck it up and put in your time like we did.

Do you really think there weren't bigger players than the current big players when they were just starting?




UTC +0:00
3
1775808 users registered; 47829 topics; 285585 posts; our newest member:graham07