This topic is closed

League with a marshal's status "long ago"

25 Replies
Stewart
7 November, 2016, 2:30 PM UTC

Tastiger said:

1] How is it u  can ASSUME the Marshall has left ..some people have real lives ? have u not thought of possibility in reality of health issues / work related commitments/ possibly defence force on posting ?family commitments etc .? there are times when these things happen and its not possible to use the net .?

2] as clearly stated its been a month ..the league has picked a member for Marshall .So why are they not able to start a new league ?whats is stopping them from forming a new league and have exisiting members transfer .?

if Palarium was to develop this feature .? now that would really cause issues lol  i hope all u Marshall,s who started and paid the way have loyal members ?

If a Marshall / member who started the league gives that up to another member .free will . that is his decision .

To  be able to vote and thief a persons / money in league start up what they put into to league..there efforts in building league and its achievements etc is madness .

if the original marshal comes back that they can get the job back.

Noodle maker extreme
UTC +0:00
Deathzer0
7 November, 2016, 7:53 PM UTC
and your able to guarantee that .? or is that just your assumption rofl .
Stewart
7 November, 2016, 10:12 PM UTC
It is an absolute fact based on firsthand AND observed experience.
Noodle maker extreme
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
8 November, 2016, 9:23 AM UTC
Stewart_KT1 said:

if the original marshal comes back that they can get the job back.

Exactly. If we interfere in the game process by changing the Marshall without his own will, we reserve him a right to claim his position back.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Lady Nerium KT-S2
9 November, 2016, 5:05 PM UTC

The point was made that a Marshall has invested real money to start a league. True. but you also have to take into account the players who have invested in leveling a fortress or beacons up, and now are sitting in a league where the Marshall has gone "long ago" for many weeks - halting all progress and upgrades, challenges, and diplomacy changes, especially if the Marshall has held all control. Not being able to manage these necessary league functions will kill a league. 

Yes, you can start a new league and move players over, at the cost of abandoning all the league assets that everyone has worked for. From experience I can say that a league rarely recovers from this. 

One solution to this would be allowing a Marshall to set a Vice-Marshall, or Co-Marshall, so if something happened to the founding Marshall the league would continue without major disruption and another player could be moved to fill the vacancy. 

Until that happens, the only fair option is to allow an inactive Marshall to be replaced. It isn't an easy process, and it shouldn't be, but the option needs to be available.

I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
10 November, 2016, 8:51 AM UTC
Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Until that happens, the only fair option is to allow an inactive Marshall to be replaced. It isn't an easy process, and it shouldn't be, but the option needs to be available.

We already have this option. If a current Marshall is MIA of 3+ weeks, a League can vote for a new Marshall and send ss to Support. But if their old Marshall comes back and claims his Rank back, Support will give it to him.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1723425 users registered; 42956 topics; 270698 posts; our newest member:natasha roy