This topic is closed

why cant plarium use basic maths and get it right...?

27 Replies
davedee2015
27 October, 2016, 3:40 PM UTC

plarium 50% means half not 1/3

so why why why do you insist on giving me my dragon art bonus which states 50% yet when i use it you only give 35% of it eg: half of 3 days is 36 hrs not 2 fkn days plarium same as 4 fkn days at 50% isnt 2 days 18hrs fukn rip off you even steal from the free player how dare you 
UTC +1:00
1
Juglar del Viento
Moderator
27 October, 2016, 6:51 PM UTC

Lord Dave

first of all i have read a couple of post made by you and please, i have to say refrain ur language, we are on a forum and some forms of language should be manteined and some rules should be taken in consider at the time to post, so please take this as an advice or warning about ur language, next time we'll have to delete them or edit them

secondly and about ur question, take consider that the boost works different as you say. if you have a boost of 50% it does not mean that the time is cutted by the half, it means that the speed is increased a 50%

please consider reading news and tutorials threads before posting and in such wrong language. i give u a pic of how booster works:



Regards
Resistance Is Futile
UTC +1:00
0
vakonziko
27 October, 2016, 7:17 PM UTC
Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Dave

first of all i have read a couple of post made by you and please, i have to say refrain ur language, we are on a forum and some forms of language should be manteined and some rules should be taken in consider at the time to post, so please take this as an advice or warning about ur language, next time we'll have to delete them or edit them

secondly and about ur question, take consider that the boost works different as you say. if you have a boost of 50% it does not mean that the time is cutted by the half, it means that the speed is increased a 50%

please consider reading news and tutorials threads before posting and in such wrong language. i give u a pic of how booster works:



Regards
And I wonder why you changed this... This marketing system is mentally playing with people, so when they hear about boosts they always think about construction time instead of "speed" which is mentioned in this tutorial. Haven't seen a game mechanics like this until now with this construction time speeding instead of cutting construction build time lmao...
UTC +0:00
0
djmoody
28 October, 2016, 2:06 PM UTC

vakonziko said:

and I wonder why you changed this... This marketing system is mentally playing with people, so when they hear about boosts they always think about construction time instead of "speed" which is mentioned in this tutorial. Haven't seen a game mechanics like this until now with this construction time speeding instead of cutting construction build time lmao...

I have posted before that they might like to redo how the boosts work to avoid unhappy players, who don't realise the complexities of the current system and assume they are being ripped off or there is a bug. Would save them the time of having to explain it over and over again also.

But I offer nothing but quality suggestions so everything that I say is instantly ignored by Failarium.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
2
nobody
28 October, 2016, 4:58 PM UTC
translation:  a few months ago we decided that our valued customers were gaining to much.  therefore we decided to nerf the boosts.  now we are most pleased with our valued customers receiving less than they once did.  and if they misunderstand the boost, thinking that it remained the same rather than being nerfed.  too bad................morons.
UTC +0:00
2
Juglar del Viento
Moderator
28 October, 2016, 5:32 PM UTC

Dear Lords

please follow the topic of the thread and avoid to blame against stableshed formats

in other case i will close this thread and noted as solved

Regards
Resistance Is Futile
UTC +1:00
0
nobody
28 October, 2016, 5:48 PM UTC

Juglar del Viento said:


Dear Lords

please follow the topic of the thread and avoid to blame against stableshed formats

in other case i will close this thread and noted as solved

Regards

............................................................................................................................................................................

what do you mean by stableshed formats?

i was translating alyona's answer:  "but a few months ago we have changed the way your bonuses are applied.  now they rise speed rather than cut time."

that is on topic.  i simply translated into the function created by this change of code.

i stated that players were gaining to much so plarium nerfed the boosts.  they did.  there is no other reason for the change.  rather than having a 50% cut in time. this being a 100% increase in speed. they increased speed by 50% cutting the build time by 1/3.  the only reason to do this is to decide that the player was gaining too much from the boost.  
UTC +0:00
2
Nemstar
29 October, 2016, 8:30 AM UTC

Juglar del Viento said:


Lord Dave

first of all i have read a couple of post made by you and please, i have to say refrain ur language, we are on a forum and some forms of language should be manteined and some rules should be taken in consider at the time to post, so please take this as an advice or warning about ur language, next time we'll have to delete them or edit them

secondly and about ur question, take consider that the boost works different as you say. if you have a boost of 50% it does not mean that the time is cutted by the half, it means that the speed is increased a 50%

please consider reading news and tutorials threads before posting and in such wrong language. i give u a pic of how booster works:



Regards

It would be 16hrs if the builder WANTED to build 1.5 houses but he wants to build just the 1 so building just the 1 with 50% increased speed should still be 12hours not 16hours, it'd only be 16hrs if he wished to build 1.5 houses.

So really you have just re-worked the formula so it adds the extra 50% of whatever your building then half that? That formula DOES NOT WORK because you never plan to build that extra 50% but it adds it anyway. A simple way of saying we ******** you over customers (smiley face)

STOP exploiting your own mechanics to get more money please


Why would you make a part of the game worse?


You are blatantly saying to us that Plarium is prepared to mess with the mechanics of the game just to squeeze those extra dollars out of us? Why make it worse on purpose? Balance? Don't make me laugh, it's all about money.


You can type up these fancy explanations etc but ONE thing blatantly clear, they introduce a update and yay cool then a few weeks or months down the track they'll make mechanical changes to them so they give less then they did before (IN HOPES!!!!) of players spending more money for what they are use to having


Perfect ploys for a business but boy wouldn't that upset the customers?


Why can't you just release something decent and stick to it? If you wanted Plarium to be such a profitable game perhaps you should of put a monthly subscription fee onto the game before we all started playing for free so we didnt have to felt strangled and pressured to spend money at every which way just to stay alive & compete in this game.


edited ,,,,,,,,,,,watch your language 

UTC +10:00
1
Almericus
29 October, 2016, 11:39 AM UTC

Juglar del Viento said:


Lord Dave

first of all i have read a couple of post made by you and please, i have to say refrain ur language, we are on a forum and some forms of language should be manteined and some rules should be taken in consider at the time to post, so please take this as an advice or warning about ur language, next time we'll have to delete them or edit them

secondly and about ur question, take consider that the boost works different as you say. if you have a boost of 50% it does not mean that the time is cutted by the half, it means that the speed is increased a 50%

please consider reading news and tutorials threads before posting and in such wrong language. i give u a pic of how booster works:



Regards

With regard to the last line in your break down of bonuses, can you please explain how the +50% offence/defence spell actually works.

 Am I getting 50% more power or some other convolution  of 50%

Similarly, boosting travel times? x% less time or x% faster 
UTC +2:00
0
BiohazarD
Moderator
30 October, 2016, 10:12 AM UTC

djmoody said:


vakonziko said:

and I wonder why you changed this... This marketing system is mentally playing with people, so when they hear about boosts they always think about construction time instead of "speed" which is mentioned in this tutorial. Haven't seen a game mechanics like this until now with this construction time speeding instead of cutting construction build time lmao...

I have posted before that they might like to redo how the boosts work to avoid unhappy players, who don't realise the complexities of the current system and assume they are being ripped off or there is a bug. Would save them the time of having to explain it over and over again also.

But I offer nothing but quality suggestions so everything that I say is instantly ignored by Failarium.

Doing this could substantially change the balance of the game.  Lets say I have the following bonuses on my pathfinders unit type:

max lost arts: 70%

hero items: 50%

$10 50% boost item

dragon stone offense boost: 25%

level 10 infantry offense crystal: 12%

paragon status: 5%

2x 100% pathfinder offense item

level 10 fortress offense bonus: 10%

Normally, this would give your pathfinders a total offense power of 75*(1+0.7+0.5+0.5+0.25+0.12+0.05+1+1+0.1)=75*(5.22)=391

If you instead applied the bonuses the way people assume you would, where any % bonus increases the total value by that %, you end up with a total offense power of  75*(1.7*1.5*1.5*1.25*1.12*1.05*2*2*1.1)=75*(24.74)=1855.  This would certainly make for an interesting game. 


Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
Stewart
30 October, 2016, 12:54 PM UTC
Wow, i would make some people cry with 1800 off power Pathfinders.
Noodle maker extreme
UTC +0:00
0
Sculptor
30 October, 2016, 4:34 PM UTC

I do have respect and feel pity for de moderators around here.


They know that Plarium is screwing us over by giving less for the same (or more) amount of sapphires. But they still defend it like good employees allthough (and I hope that) they them selves play the game also and probably feel the same as we do.


Because, if using that example with the house, when it was that when using the boost you only needed 12 hours and now you'll need 16 hours and the boost still cost the same we're (the players) getting ripped off.



Member of Blue Magic
UTC +0:00
1
Sifr
31 October, 2016, 1:16 AM UTC
BiohazarD said:

djmoody said:


vakonziko said:

and I wonder why you changed this... This marketing system is mentally playing with people, so when they hear about boosts they always think about construction time instead of "speed" which is mentioned in this tutorial. Haven't seen a game mechanics like this until now with this construction time speeding instead of cutting construction build time lmao...

I have posted before that they might like to redo how the boosts work to avoid unhappy players, who don't realise the complexities of the current system and assume they are being ripped off or there is a bug. Would save them the time of having to explain it over and over again also.

But I offer nothing but quality suggestions so everything that I say is instantly ignored by Failarium.

Doing this could substantially change the balance of the game.  Lets say I have the following bonuses on my pathfinders unit type:

max lost arts: 70%

hero items: 50%

$10 50% boost item

dragon stone offense boost: 25%

level 10 infantry offense crystal: 12%

paragon status: 5%

2x 100% pathfinder offense item

level 10 fortress offense bonus: 10%

Normally, this would give your pathfinders a total offense power of 75*(1+0.7+0.5+0.5+0.25+0.12+0.05+1+1+0.1)=75*(5.22)=391

If you instead applied the bonuses the way people assume you would, where any % bonus increases the total value by that %, you end up with a total offense power of  75*(1.7*1.5*1.5*1.25*1.12*1.05*2*2*1.1)=75*(24.74)=1855.  This would certainly make for an interesting game. 


With some people flailing around 50k pathfinders like it was nothing it certainly will become interesting, or intriguing, or amusing. Maybe all.
Fighter Sifr of Fellowship
UTC +0:00
0
nobody
31 October, 2016, 4:41 PM UTC

i am waiting on raids to hit, so i am bored, so i am here again.  so anyhow................................................the topic is about the dragon arts.  and in this case it is about eliminating a 25% construction boost that has to be reset every 3 hrs.  in this particular case i don't think that sapphires are involved, other than getting to the 50% increase.  this is a petty nerf, that imo starts off with small value in the first place.  the op is irate that he would be nerfed as a free player when there is no vision of there even being a sapphire gain from it.  what is being stolen is time.  this being due to code change in june according to alyona's article.  september minus 3 months.

if this code was changed due to wanting all formulas to be the same.  then increasing the speed to 100% would have fixed the nerf due to formula change.  now if players got confused by the wording in the dragonstone, then the wording should be better descriptive, like djmoody stated.

is there a list of all areas that were affected by the code change?

it is my assumption that the pathfinder super soldier is a hypothetical not based on code being changed in june.  if the code was changed  then that would have a huge ramification on the 50/50 coming out.  it is my assumption that this is not the case.  the pathfinder super solider is not a super soldier.  all changes in troops would be relational.  the super pathfinder would run into super griffins and golems.

so a super soldier hypothetical does not change the factual petty nerf of 25% that has to be reset every 3 hrs.

it does however show the gap between being in a strong league and a week league, as well as being a coiner or a non coiner.  just turning 75 into 391 is a huge advantage.  it is however relational to all other strong leagues and coiners.  the gap is to weak leagues and non coiners.


so the point is a 25% nerf in bonus that has to be reset every 3 hrs.  and if that were to be buffed back to the original, a better description of the actual mechanic would still be needed.


edit:  so is alyona saying there was a code change?  or did she create a hypothetical that creates as many problems as it solves?
UTC +0:00
0
Oracle
31 October, 2016, 6:24 PM UTC

There was a change, it was implemented long time ago, longer than June, and players have accepted it. The pathfinder scenario was just to help you understand why there needed to be a change in the first place. hypothetical. 

100K pathfinders can be build in 2 years, you can build 10 K in a month, or is it 2 weeks. No need to coin, but they are bad, I will not advice one to keep them in, unless if you like battleground or raiding( they are extremely fast). they consume lots of food, even with darkening its no use. 



Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
0
nobody
31 October, 2016, 6:44 PM UTC

oracle said:


There was a change, it was implemented long time ago, longer than June, and players have accepted it. The pathfinder scenario was just to help you understand why there needed to be a change in the first place. hypothetical. 

100K pathfinders can be build in 2 years, you can build 10 K in a month, or is it 2 weeks. No need to coin, but they are bad, I will not advice one to keep them in, unless if you like battleground or raiding( they are extremely fast). they consume lots of food, even with darkening its no use. 


...............................................................................................................................................................

my comment on difference between coiner and non coiner /  strong league and weak league was specific to the list of bonuses, not the pathfinder itself.  i understand the purpose of the hypothetical.  i was just stating that it didn't address the limited value of the dragonstone scenario.  50% reduction build over the 33% won't break the game imo.  and it seemed that players were reacting that the 25% increase in construction would somehow create a specific pathfinder super soldier.  any increase would be relative.  


i am not confronting you. just looking for clarity.

do you know which dragon art op is talking about?  mine are at 25%.  or is there something else i am missing?


my raids are done and so am i.
later


UTC +0:00
0
Oracle
31 October, 2016, 6:51 PM UTC

johanrayne said:


oracle said:


There was a change, it was implemented long time ago, longer than June, and players have accepted it. The pathfinder scenario was just to help you understand why there needed to be a change in the first place. hypothetical. 

100K pathfinders can be build in 2 years, you can build 10 K in a month, or is it 2 weeks. No need to coin, but they are bad, I will not advice one to keep them in, unless if you like battleground or raiding( they are extremely fast). they consume lots of food, even with darkening its no use. 


...............................................................................................................................................................

my comment on difference between coiner and non coiner /  strong league and weak league was specific to the list of bonuses, not the pathfinder itself.  i understand the purpose of the hypothetical.  i was just stating that it didn't address the limited value of the dragonstone scenario.  50% reduction build over the 33% won't break the game imo.  and it seemed that players were reacting that the 17% increase in construction would somehow create a specific pathfinder super soldier.  any increase would be relative.  


i am not confronting you. just looking for clarity.

do you know which dragon art op is talking about?  mine are at 25%.  or is there something else i am missing?


my raids are done and so am i.
later

not sure, I am not into that yet, 
Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
0
Gadheras
2 November, 2016, 1:13 PM UTC



It's hard to get things right working with such tools you know :p



UTC +2:00
0
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
3 November, 2016, 10:12 AM UTC

Nemstar said:



It would be 16hrs if the builder WANTED to build 1.5 houses but he wants to build just the 1 so building just the 1 with 50% increased speed should still be 12hours not 16hours, it'd only be 16hrs if he wished to build 1.5 houses.


Let's try again. Working speed of a builder can be measured by the number of bricks he can 'place' in the wall per hour/day/etc. Let's say he usually can place 1000 in 24 hours. If he works by 50% faster, he will be able to put 1500 bricks per 24 hours. 

Let's imagine that 1000 Bricks is enough for a house. And our boosted builder will need 16 hours to place 1000 Bricks. In 12 hours he'll place much less. but you don't want to live in a house without a wall, right?
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
Oracle
3 November, 2016, 10:21 AM UTC

Well Explained Alyona, well explained, 

 
Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
0
1778988 users registered; 48218 topics; 286617 posts; our newest member:nelgar