All Categories

lost art and skertch

lost art and skertch

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Oct 18, 2016, 12:1110/18/16

lost art and skertch

the new system ask skerch to upgrade your lost arts on the last levels

i heared dragon need on the last level 3700 skercj(49000 saphires)

griffin870 skerch(9000 saphires)

etc

so the lost arts become  coiners benefit 

you dont think coiners have enough benefits in the game ?

no ,plarium doesnt care obviously :)

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 18, 2016, 12:3910/18/16
Oct 18, 2016, 12:43(edited)

yea indeed:p

if someone spent some tones of saphires on the last levels to buy skerch will have the permission to upgrade them,it is a serious amount of moneys indeed we should think them failo ;-)

and if someone is so rude to say the tournaments give skertch i will tell him that i did many upgrades in this tournament and my reward was  40 skertch so i dont accept silly thinks 

it is a real drama this huge amounts of skerch to do upgrades

Oct 18, 2016, 12:4810/18/16
07/02/15

sison said:

and if someone is so rude to say the tournaments give skertch i will tell him that i did many upgrades in this tournament and my reward was  40 skertch so i dont accept silly thinks 

it is a real drama this huge amounts of skerch to do upgrades

yea they are overpriced. but the tournament DID give them as rewards. it would be great if a few more tournaments had them and i dont even care if they are hard to get like soul stones i would just be happy to see them more.

yes it is but i am sure low level lost arts wont cost as many
Oct 18, 2016, 12:5310/18/16
Oct 18, 2016, 14:13(edited)

it is a big trape failo they wont do so easy dealing,we know the reason they did that and personally i think is extreme measure they play whith the patience of the players

and let me tell you that when a company need 49000 saphire to upgrade your dragon on the last level,let me tell you that it is nt favour,it is hard buisness measures that tournaments cant replace,

sorry but it is clear the thinks this measures is extreme
Oct 18, 2016, 19:4710/18/16
03/13/15

First of all, lets consider this.  

1. We are getting 220 sketches from the current development race that happened

2. Plarium introduced first ever 30% discount on Sketches (so if a player has common sense, he would buy 1000 Sketches he could get it for 7000 sapphires). This would be called Smart Coining (i dont understand the term since we dont coin, we use cards)

3. There are now sketches in the Sapphire packages

4. I am sure there will be more tournaments with Sketches rewards planned

Also there is something wrong with your calculation, 3700 Sketches will cost max 40K sapphires (also get you 300 sketches extra). Also sketches are something that is not introduced recently and the first 10 levels dont require any Sketches, it is only the last 2 levels that needs sketches. So you can atleast get your troops 20% stronger for starter and even the amount of resources is less compared to lvl 19 to 20 (if you had done it earlier).

If you think about coining only then there is 50% booster for $10 so i see no difference in the game, only that now u have to do the lost arts again.

Also we have to consider there will always be money involved in the game, since there is always cost involved in running it.

MMO games are all about patience if you are not taking any shortcuts.

Oct 18, 2016, 21:2710/18/16
Oct 18, 2016, 21:28(edited)

hello warrior thanks for your answer here

i took 40 skertch and i upgraded 3 times my necros and my farm from level 19 to level 20

my necros was 8 level and increased to level 11,

anyway i think to take somethink more than 50 skertch you need to spend thinks or have a second crafstman and this is somethink can say  and the other players ,220 skercth is something that need spending of boosts.

about the saphire cost of 3700 skertch yea i did it aproximentaly so i dont know excatly we just know is a big number of saphire as you said almost 40k .

the discounts is good to exist but i dont feel good whith all this think unfortunately,i think coiners already have huge benefits but plarium close the eyes on it by makin all the upgrades on the last levels saphire upgrades

why someone should spent 7000+7000+7000 +5000 saphires if we have 30% discounts on skerch to upgrade the dragon?

for the normall players thats it a huge distance to raise 26000 saphire to do the last upgrade IF they give 30% discounts on skertch,

anyway buisness but i still say they can earn moneys whithout bury us so much

Oct 18, 2016, 22:2210/18/16

here are my viewpoints, and they are just my biased opinion.

if you go to discoveries and click on a scroll and then on the orange bonus you will see the % increase at each level.  i looked at griffins and at level 30 the final defense was about 960 and the final offense was 288.  at level 32 the final defense was about 1020 and the offense was 492.  at level 32 the stats become proportional to where i think in my view the stats should have started at.  with the dominant stat being 2 power points to 1 power point for the non-dominant stat.  and from the way the battle mechanic functions where offense troops attacking the same amount and type of troops will win with a 90/10 split, i think the offense to defense stats could actually be 60/40.  that is if the 90/10 split is due to the battle mechanic and not a hidden penalty.

the last 2 levels have a huge jump in the non-dominant stat, therefore i can see why there is a high payment for those stats.  i am glad plarium waited until then to demand sketches. coiners do pay for the game and they do get the advantage of that.  mega coiners more than moderate. if like sifr and failo have said in another thread that sketches become even more prevalent as rewards through gameplay then we can be glad that we will be able to catch up eventually.

non coiners and small coiners can complain about mega coiners getting everything now.  and moderate coiners can complain about, hey i paid full price and now players are getting it for a discount.  idk if mega coiners would complain.  they just want it all and they want it now. it is true you can't please everyone all of the time.  i like the update, it follows my bias more than any of the other updates over the last year.  i do hope that sketches become more prevalent in the rewards, and many players have asked for skulls to be more prevalent as well.

coiners do have a huge advantage now, but hopefully sketch and boost rewards will help the average player catch up.  otherwise not gaining the final bonuses will be discouraging to the average player.  maybe not the elite small coiners, but it will be further discouraging to the average player.

@ sison:  to be honest you and i won't have to worry about using sketches for at least 10 weeks.  so sketches aren't really holding us back for a while, but in three months it could be.  if the mega coiners are hitting large league beacons and not our personal castles then it doesn't effect us really.  other than that we do want the final bonuses to be reachable.

so my viewpoint:  i do like the update, i do like the extra increase towards non-dominant stats.  i do see how that extra bonus can come with a high price. (even tho that is where i would have started the ratio at 67/33 ). i can also see how an average player like myself can be discouraged at the large number of resources it will take to catch up to the elite player or the mega coiner.

just my views,

cheers
Oct 18, 2016, 23:0710/18/16
Oct 18, 2016, 23:10(edited)

thanks for you posting  johanrayne

the last 2 levels is the strong cause  is the levels that  will give money to plarium.

if they dont bring motivitations to the buyers they will ignore it.

the finall bonuses is excatly the part that make the distance between coiners and no coiners huge,if you want 3700 skertch whith 30% discounts you need minimum 26000 saphires and equal try on the tournaments if they give skertch so you will need the same effort to raise 3700 skerch as 26000 saphires from tournaments,

i understand why they increased the bonuses on this 2 last level but i wont focus on it, i know how plarium works so i go on and if they dissapoint me so much i have to stop,

the truth is they care for the coiners,if they have coiners to play anythink is ok.

although we disagree completely about the way they earn money as a company i realy like me your talking ,i mean the style and thank you for participating and sharing your opinions, it counts :)

Oct 19, 2016, 00:3310/19/16
Oct 19, 2016, 00:45(edited)
12/13/14

johanrayne said:

coiners do have a huge advantage now, but hopefully sketch and boost rewards will help the average player catch up.  otherwise not gaining the final bonuses will be discouraging to the average player.  maybe not the elite small coiners, but it will be further discouraging to the average player.

I don't think that the average player will ever catch up.

How long will it be before the top players will be demanding level 40 dragons and level 30 buildings?

Plarium have opened the floodgates. We could see increases like this every 6 months
Oct 19, 2016, 01:5710/19/16
Oct 19, 2016, 01:58(edited)

Snowgoon said:

johanrayne said:

How long will it be before the top players will be demanding level 40 dragons and level 30 buildings?

Plarium have opened the floodgates. We could see increases like this every 6 months
..............................................................................................................................................
you are right, i stated this in another thread.  that before an average player catches up that another disadvantage will be implemented.  in this thread i was speaking specifically to this update.  and that with the condition that sketches and time boosts are fairly plentiful.
and there is also the threat that plarium will say:  golly gee willikers, we gave the consumer too much value and will decide that they need to nerf the game.  that way the game will operate equivalently to the way it did before everyone spent their money and time upgrading.  the over/under on this is 6 months.
some established players will want to continue to grow, including myself.  others will want to be done growing.
that growth will always favor p2p over f2p.  my point is that average players tho always behind still want the opportunity to become established.  if this happens, it is an improvement over futility.  futility being having no reasonable chance at establishing oneself through gameplay.  and i will bring up here that i would like the opportunity to build the castle walls with x/x/x.

Oct 20, 2016, 01:2810/20/16
Tough to compete with Lord Mastercard.
Oct 20, 2016, 01:4510/20/16
01/12/15
Snowgoon said:

johanrayne said:

I really can't deny the possibility of this being true lol
Oct 20, 2016, 03:1210/20/16
Oct 20, 2016, 03:30(edited)
03/13/15

sison said:

hello warrior thanks for your answer here

i took 40 skertch and i upgraded 3 times my necros and my farm from level 19 to level 20

my necros was 8 level and increased to level 11,

anyway i think to take somethink more than 50 skertch you need to spend thinks or have a second crafstman and this is somethink can say  and the other players ,220 skercth is something that need spending of boosts.

about the saphire cost of 3700 skertch yea i did it aproximentaly so i dont know excatly we just know is a big number of saphire as you said almost 40k .

the discounts is good to exist but i dont feel good whith all this think unfortunately,i think coiners already have huge benefits but plarium close the eyes on it by makin all the upgrades on the last levels saphire upgrades

why someone should spent 7000+7000+7000 +5000 saphires if we have 30% discounts on skerch to upgrade the dragon?

for the normall players thats it a huge distance to raise 26000 saphire to do the last upgrade IF they give 30% discounts on skertch,

anyway buisness but i still say they can earn moneys whithout bury us so much

"i took 40 skertch and i upgraded 3 times my necros and my farm from level 19 to level 20

my necros was 8 level and increased to level 11"

First thing Lol and sorry.. I have no idea how u spend 40 sketches n Lvl 8 to lvl 11 Necro upgrade and used it for lvl 19 to lvl 20 farm.. you are definately in the wrong game version..

http://prntscr.com/cwibyd

This will show you that even lvl 16 needs only resources (Food, Gold, Iron) No sketches. Agree with Johnrayne, you dont need to worry for about week ( i woudl say months for the lost art level you are at)

"anyway i think to take somethink more than 50 skertch you need to spend thinks or have a second crafstman and this is somethink can say and the other players ,220 skercth is something that need spending of boosts."

As far as i recall, the lvl 20 to 21 of anything takes atleast 120 Sketches so with 50 sketches i am not sure what can u upgrade.. second craftsman can only help you upgrade 2 buildings at a time or sage will help you for 2 lost art at a time.. Also FYI Sketches will not be lost overtime or is someone raids you, so you can keep 10k sketches and it will be there till you use it.

220 Sketches needs 10k points, which is possible if you time things like completion of Farms (3.5k points each or more for lvl 19 to 20) or do a bunch of small lost arts(archer,spy,dwarf,etc.) and boost it using small boosts. That is called playing smart, i had atleast 5 player that i know do it without buying boosts cause they had a lot and had been saving it from the league quests and others.

For the rest i think you still need to take the maths classes i told you about.

why would i spend 5K sapphires to buy 5K sketches when i can but 10k for 2K more sapphires.. also after you clear you maths classes let me know if you need some classes on Money management skills.

Everyone who can spend will spend and just wining about ti does not help. I dont mind spending since i earn as much that i can spend $2k per month and not think about it that is not even 5% of my income. i spend more eating out daily than i spend on the game. If plarium make it hard to spend then they will not be able to give the others play for free. Basic Logic. Common sense.

Oct 20, 2016, 12:0410/20/16
Oct 20, 2016, 12:06(edited)

you did nt understand me

i did nt say i spent skerct to upgrade, i said i won 40 skerch.

i upgraded one farm from level 19-20 and 3 levels the necros thats how i won 40 skertch

boost is needed for raids game dont give enough to spent it on other thinks
Oct 20, 2016, 16:1410/20/16
03/13/15

sison said:

you did nt understand me

i did nt say i spent skerct to upgrade, i said i won 40 skerch.

i upgraded one farm from level 19-20 and 3 levels the necros thats how i won 40 skertch

boost is needed for raids game dont give enough to spent it on other thinks

yup use your head and use it when it is most important to.. i hope you heard of the word "Prioritization" - Selecting things to do or spend as per the importance or gain.

Also just 4 upgrades and you got 40 sketches out of the total 220 sketches.. so you can earn more over time..

There are 2 way to player this game right, have paitence and build or Spend.. but with both you need one specific thing that you have to do to make it right.. Play Smart..
Oct 20, 2016, 16:4510/20/16
Oct 20, 2016, 17:47(edited)

djmoody said:

the worst part is that it makes the coiners army have massive defence. There will be no catching a coiner on beacons, at castles any more. They can be as loose and bad at the game as they like (and most of the big coiners have been very loose and bad at recallng quickly).

That's the criminal part of the update - they just removed the strategy of catching offence as a way of dealing with massive coiners. Over time all elements of strategy are being removed. The direction of the game is simply towards a pay to win button.
....................................................................................................................................................................
funny thing, i have tried to catch coiners with offense and 1 archer when they siege me, so far i have been unsuccessful.  it seems that i have to be outside of my castle and then drop back in to get the liberate option.  but the liberate option takes too long to show up, more so than if my upload/download were to be slow.  and i have tried it while using ether connection, with 50 download and 12 upload.  my coiners are quick.  idk if it would be easier to catch them if the liberate would show up without hopping outside the castle first.
the new stats really do change the game for those who can reach them, mentally they just make more sense to me. it does change the rules for players who like it the other way.  average players will still function the old way for quite awhile.
edit: i thought maybe i should clarify that it is playing against an average player that the function remains the same.  for it will take us a year or two to fully catch up with this upgrade. i was not stating that players who like the wide gap in stats are average players because of it.  it is simply the masses not the expertise.

Oct 20, 2016, 17:0910/20/16
10/31/14

johanrayne said:

funny thing, i have tried to catch coiners with offense and 1 archer when they siege me, so far i have been unsuccessful.  it seems that i have to be outside of my castle and then drop back in to get the liberate option.  but the liberate option takes too long to show up, more so than if my upload/download were to be slow.  and i have tried it while using ether connection, with 50 download and 12 upload.  my coiners are quick.  idk if it would be easier to catch them if the liberate would show up without hopping outside the castle first.
the new stats really do change the game for those who can reach them, mentally they just make more sense to me. it does change the rules for players who like it the other way.  average players will still function the old way for quite awhile.
It a rule of a thumb practiced by coiner to make sure that they use 4G, or at least 3G internet speed. but you can beat them by creating artificial lags. or luring them into a trap on your cattle, pissing them off on settlements  and then knocking down their offense ect. OR if you are like me then you make sure that coiners waste as much money as possible on your cattle with FB and boosts, I love the sight of an idiot boosting form a day away to 10 sec and then sending 10 FB to kill my 1 super archer. after that I smile and calculate how many Rhinos I have saved these week, and how many rhinos he have killed these in the last 10 sec
Oct 20, 2016, 17:5810/20/16

@ oracle:  i have only dealt with small to moderate coiners.  they do spend at least 8 speedups, even when only an hr away.  but i just use scorched earth defense and eventually they stop spending the boosts.  it would have been fun to catch them in a siege, but i haven't pulled it off. it has actually been really quiet the last 3 months for me.  noone has even messaged me asking why i raided their siege.  i mostly just keep to myself in the game.  I've been causing more trouble in the forums than in the game.

enjoy your war with the coiners.  have fun

cheers
Oct 21, 2016, 15:2610/21/16
thanks dj
Dec 6, 2016, 10:2412/06/16
12/06/16
The use of sketches as reward in multiple tournaments should be an instantaneous addition.  even small amounts gives higher level moderate coiners such as myself a reason to continue playing. I spend after beacon attacks and such  to stop me from being able to compete with the owners of the beacon because I don't pay for sketches  means I should just give up. Then what goal is there. No beacon. Then what???
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Dec 6, 2016, 11:2912/06/16
09/17/15
hackberry said:

The use of sketches as reward in multiple tournaments should be an instantaneous addition. 
Unfortunately, right now we are not planning to add them to the Tournament rewards. However, we may consider this opportunity in the future.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.