All Categories

News of Increasing League member limit to 300

News of Increasing League member limit to 300

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Oct 17, 2016, 20:3410/17/16
08/03/14
i recommend you get on the horn with them and show them this thread, community manager.
Oct 18, 2016, 04:1810/18/16
03/13/15
djmoody said:

2 years ago this would have been great for the server I am on. People opened many sub leagues to try and work around the league limit.

These days there just aren't enough active players to support 300 person leagues. Fairly good chance it could kill the server, with only 2/3 mega leagues left active after mergers (my prediction for 6-9 months post update implementation).

Also players keep moaning about unfair playing field vs the big leagues. Well this isn't going to help game balance is it!!!

Thumbs down from me - given the current state of the servers (from the start of the game would have been a thumbs up).
Thanks for supporting the view.. Totally agree.. also since there will still be a single Marshal of the league i am sure there will be a lot of unrest for some leagues to merge with the other even though they might be part or extension of the same league earlier additionally this would also give leagues chance to keep inactive players in the league for defense and numbers. Numbers always have a psychological advantage even if we deny the fact. It will definately kill the balance, which people are still complaining about, in the game
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 18, 2016, 10:5410/18/16
09/17/15
oracle said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Even the developers don't know what the final number will be. The Leagues will be expanded, that's true. However, it's not in the development yet. 
If its not in development then how come its a word of the street ?
It was suggested by players and accepted by devs. But they didn't start working on it yet.
Oct 18, 2016, 15:1010/18/16
12/18/14
Warrior said:

djmoody said:

2 years ago this would have been great for the server I am on. People opened many sub leagues to try and work around the league limit.

These days there just aren't enough active players to support 300 person leagues. Fairly good chance it could kill the server, with only 2/3 mega leagues left active after mergers (my prediction for 6-9 months post update implementation).

Also players keep moaning about unfair playing field vs the big leagues. Well this isn't going to help game balance is it!!!

Thumbs down from me - given the current state of the servers (from the start of the game would have been a thumbs up).
Thanks for supporting the view.. Totally agree.. also since there will still be a single Marshal of the league i am sure there will be a lot of unrest for some leagues to merge with the other even though they might be part or extension of the same league earlier additionally this would also give leagues chance to keep inactive players in the league for defense and numbers. Numbers always have a psychological advantage even if we deny the fact. It will definately kill the balance, which people are still complaining about, in the game
This is correct there are not enough active players in the game to support larger leagues.
Oct 18, 2016, 16:2410/18/16
05/25/14

Just take it up to 200 and call it good so many of the league that have sub leagues can just merge together all the active players :) 

Oct 18, 2016, 16:5110/18/16

Please don't!

It's hard enough to get new active members because more players quit then new ones arrive. The big leagues allready are to strong because they attract the biggest coiners around. When they get more spots the top leagues get stronger very fast and the "other" leagues get devastated.

At the moment a lot of leagues still have beacons because the big leagues can't hold them all. When this happens the top leagues will take all beacons and the others are left with nothing. Which will result again in bigger players leaving for the bigger leagues.

Please leave a bit of diversity in this game and stop this killing this game by giving the stronger more and more power.

Oct 18, 2016, 17:1210/18/16
05/25/14

Sculptor said:

Please don't!

It's hard enough to get new active members because more players quit then new ones arrive. The big leagues allready are to strong because they attract the biggest coiners around. When they get more spots the top leagues get stronger very fast and the "other" leagues get devastated.

At the moment a lot of leagues still have beacons because the big leagues can't hold them all. When this happens the top leagues will take all beacons and the others are left with nothing. Which will result again in bigger players leaving for the bigger leagues.

Please leave a bit of diversity in this game and stop this killing this game by giving the stronger more and more power.

Work some diplomacy with some of the bigger leagues and if this thing happens then maybe your league may be asked to merge into one of the bigger league :)

Oct 18, 2016, 18:3110/18/16
07/11/13
how about giving marshal powers to change at which rank beacon info gets realeased (something a majority of leagues want) instead of implementing more member slots for leagues (which it seems the majority is against)
Oct 18, 2016, 19:2410/18/16
12/01/15

Skycooldude said:

how about giving marshal powers to change at which rank beacon info gets realeased (something a majority of leagues want) instead of implementing more member slots for leagues (which it seems the majority is against)

Everyone asks for the power to marshal to change the rank of beacon info and no one hears a single word for it.

No one asks for the league expand and it gets into the things that will be done soon.

So i think the way things work here is dont suggest something and it will get done? Suggest it to cancel it? LOL
Oct 19, 2016, 06:0310/19/16

Daniel said:

Skycooldude said:

Everyone asks for the power to marshal to change the rank of beacon info and no one hears a single word for it.

No one asks for the league expand and it gets into the things that will be done soon.

So i think the way things work here is dont suggest something and it will get done? Suggest it to cancel it? LOL

this suggestion is canceled 

if i recall correctly it requires lots of changes to the code and it is very complicated so all they were able to do is to raise the rank only

Oct 19, 2016, 07:3910/19/16
08/03/14

sounds like if the membership goes  up, leagues are gonna be purging dead members and merging with other leagues.

we could probably shake things into just a handful of leagues
Oct 19, 2016, 08:5810/19/16
Oct 19, 2016, 14:50(edited)
09/17/15

Skycooldude said:

how about giving marshal powers to change at which rank beacon info gets realeased (something a majority of leagues want)

This suggestion was already accepted, but not done yet. 

Edit: just to avoid confusion. I mean we will raise the rank, not give an opportunity to set it. However, it's still not in development, so the idea can be changed.
Oct 19, 2016, 14:0210/19/16

exxxe said:

if i recall correctly it requires lots of changes to the code and it is very complicated so all they were able to do is to raise the rank only

Okay, so then when is it going to be set to only Marshals and Captains can see the troops? 

There is no need for anyone else to see what is in the beacons. Especially bad is the Fighter rank which is used to set up non-officers to use League Attacks. That is like putting a new Lieutenant in charge of a squad and going "I need you to attack that outpost... and here are all of our top secret base maps just because you got a pretty face." 

Oct 19, 2016, 14:5610/19/16

WallyFous said:

exxxe said:

Okay, so then when is it going to be set to only Marshals and Captains can see the troops? 

There is no need for anyone else to see what is in the beacons. Especially bad is the Fighter rank which is used to set up non-officers to use League Attacks. That is like putting a new Lieutenant in charge of a squad and going "I need you to attack that outpost... and here are all of our top secret base maps just because you got a pretty face." 

lord Wallyfous 

the rank in which players can see beacons info will be raised (still dont know how much)

however the ability to let the marshal choose which rank can see the info (or which player) has been canceled 
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 19, 2016, 15:1910/19/16
10/04/13
exxxe said:

WallyFous said:

exxxe said:

lord Wallyfous 

the rank in which players can see beacons info will be raised (still dont know how much)

however the ability to let the marshal choose which rank can see the info (or which player) has been canceled 
The only way that would be helpful is if they raised it to just the captains and marshal. 
Oct 19, 2016, 19:1910/19/16
10/31/14

BiohazarD said:

exxxe said:

WallyFous said:

exxxe said:

lord Wallyfous 

The only way that would be helpful is if they raised it to just the captains and marshal. 

It will be best if everyone can see how much strong his/her league is, raising it is a bad idea. a league a collection of people, countries, or groups that combine for mutual protection or cooperation, a form of alliance that is a standard of truth and trust. If you a marshal can't trust a neophyte who is a foundation, and the core development of a league then why should you trust anyone, let alone your captain. 

raising the level at which defense is shown will results in a lot of distrust, which is already strife in BIG leagues. Just because people can't trust each other, doesn't mean that plarium should feel obliged to bend to such entitlements. BIG league with super ''coiners'' with 300 members will not be possible to achieve for most marshals, as they don't meet the mere credentials of recruiting. 

Having 300 members or more( at least 1000-10K) will solve all problems, including inactivity, dead chats( chats is the backbone of any league), and the coining problems that is strife. 

Oct 19, 2016, 20:0310/19/16
08/03/14

oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

exxxe said:

WallyFous said:

exxxe said:

lord Wallyfous 

It will be best if everyone can see how much strong his/her league is, raising it is a bad idea. a league a collection of people, countries, or groups that combine for mutual protection or cooperation, a form of alliance that is a standard of truth and trust. If you a marshal can't trust a neophyte who is a foundation, and the core development of a league then why should you trust anyone, let alone your captain. 

raising the level at which defense is shown will results in a lot of distrust, which is already strife in BIG leagues. Just because people can't trust each other, doesn't mean that plarium should feel obliged to bend to such entitlements. BIG league with super ''coiners'' with 300 members will not be possible to achieve for most marshals, as they don't meet the mere credentials of recruiting. 

Having 300 members or more( at least 1000-10K) will solve all problems, including inactivity, dead chats( chats is the backbone of any league), and the coining problems that is strife. 

because my captains have been with me since day one, 4  years ago.  i dont know half of my neophytes. most players never speak in chat.  even up to the rank of guardian, players can still be a mystery.  its pretty easy to change the name of an alt, transport its castle, then bounce into a league and wait til you get rank to see the beacon.   then report back to your main league.

rinse and repeat.....

you could get screen shots of almost any beacon.     could.....can.   i have seen screen shots of many beacons. 
Oct 19, 2016, 20:4910/19/16
12/13/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Even the developers don't know what the final number will be. The Leagues will be expanded, that's true. However, it's not in the development yet. 

Just add 5 now, and more later if it turns out to be popular - If you add too many it will be impossible to remove them later.

Beacon Defense should ONLY be visible to the same ranks that can see League Stats - It only needs to be controlled with the same button.
No new code should be needed.

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 19, 2016, 23:4310/19/16
10/04/13

oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

exxxe said:

WallyFous said:

exxxe said:

lord Wallyfous 

In any war game, one of the biggest aspects of combat is information.  It's how smaller leagues can defeat larger ones through superior strategy; if everyone knows what everyone else has and what they're doing with it, then there is no strategy and the person who buys the biggest army just wins.  Because of the prevalence of alt accounts, you have to assume that in a 150+ member league there are at least a few alts spying for other leagues (most likely your enemies, since they have the most motivation to try to spy on you).

You can work together with other people without trusting them completely.  Would you give all of your coworkers the keys to your house?  Of course not.  But that doesn't mean you can't work with them to achieve mutual goals, and in time learn which ones are trustworthy. 

Oct 20, 2016, 08:4810/20/16
09/17/15
Snowgoon said:

Beacon Defense should ONLY be visible to the same ranks that can see League Stats - It only needs to be controlled with the same button.
No new code should be needed.

I'll pass that to devs.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.