Level 32 lost arts!!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Oct 15, 2016, 09:1810/15/16
07/25/15

SlopranoDark said:

Lords and Ladies!

First of all, I understand the frustrations. It might- or might not have been what you asked, I don't really have authority to look over that, but in my opinion it's not much of a bad thing.

I like the way units now get stronger. It kind of replaces the suggestions of many that suggested to have less training time. I mean, why have less training time if the units are more powerful than ever? No need to stay in the red zone with food that way.  

Let me sum two advantages up for non-coiners:

• More to explore! For the ones who already have reached level 20 with many- or most of the LA's, it's now possible to upgrade even further only making you stronger!
  • More power! It might be time consuming, but the stats increase with a significant amount and thus making each Lord and Lady stronger than ever!
Furthermore, if you think it's really a bad idea and you think you have a better idea, perhaps write your own idea in the Suggestions Topic! I'm sure that people with good ideas written formally can come really far! 

Coiners can just boost up their arts they want quite fast.  They could just altered the units stats we had already without add a lot of levels on top. Also it added another BIG hurdle to new players. 

oh yeah and faster build times never been about GET A EVEN BIGGER ARMY. its about the ability to bounce back to do something meaningfull after you lose everything. Because then food isn't really a problem is it?

Im quite sure the holders of certain hammers out there is greatly pleased now. When the funds to raise them not really a big issue. Do you think the funds needed to max the arts for them is that much of a deal either?

Oct 15, 2016, 11:3310/15/16
Oct 15, 2016, 11:51(edited)
01/31/15

Gadheras said:

SlopranoDark said:

Lords and Ladies!

First of all, I understand the frustrations. It might- or might not have been what you asked, I don't really have authority to look over that, but in my opinion it's not much of a bad thing.

I like the way units now get stronger. It kind of replaces the suggestions of many that suggested to have less training time. I mean, why have less training time if the units are more powerful than ever? No need to stay in the red zone with food that way.  

• More to explore! For the ones who already have reached level 20 with many- or most of the LA's, it's now possible to upgrade even further only making you stronger!
  • More power! It might be time consuming, but the stats increase with a significant amount and thus making each Lord and Lady stronger than ever!
Furthermore, if you think it's really a bad idea and you think you have a better idea, perhaps write your own idea in the Suggestions Topic! I'm sure that people with good ideas written formally can come really far! 

Coiners can just boost up their arts they want quite fast.  They could just altered the units stats we had already without add a lot of levels on top. Also it added another BIG hurdle to new players. 

oh yeah and faster build times never been about GET A EVEN BIGGER ARMY. its about the ability to bounce back to do something meaningfull after you lose everything. Because then food isn't really a problem is it?

Im quite sure the holders of certain hammers out there is greatly pleased now. When the funds to raise them not really a big issue. Do you think the funds needed to max the arts for them is that much of a deal either?

Hello m'lord,

I see your point there! I'm sorry, I took it from another perspective.

Please, wait a moment! I'll post a link here soon to a different topic which I'll open in a moment.

Edit:

Topic located here.

Oct 15, 2016, 11:4610/15/16
01/12/15
BiohazarD said:

SlopranoDark said:

Lords and Ladies!

Agreed, it might be time consuming (like 3+ years of constant upgrading), but people will get there. Eventually. 

3 years to get to lv 30. To get the necessary sketchies for 31 n 32. 10 years maybe.
Oct 15, 2016, 22:3410/15/16

BiohazarD said:

Sculptor said:

BiohazarD said:

It's to reduce the effects of coiners offense getting caught on beacons.  I don't know why they also made the defense ones give def units an extra off boost, just symmetry I guess.  Of course, one interesting effect is that you can attack people with archers that have 50+ offense at level 32, and the defender gets almost no pvp because pvp points are calculated from the base off/def value. 

Where did you get the 50+ offense from archers??

At lvl 32 lost art archers get 160% extra offense. Standard they have 10 so that would make 26 their max offense. With some extra percentages form league fortress etc. I won't even get close to 50+ offense.
It was an estimate based on the off-side boost provided in the picture on the announcement.  I haven't actually upgraded my archers to level 32 yet, so thanks for the info. 
When you click on the lost art you'll get a picture of that unit in the top of it you'll find an orange rectangle with the word bonus in it. Click on it to see what off/def bonus you'll get at what level.
Oct 16, 2016, 00:4010/16/16
Oct 16, 2016, 00:44(edited)

guys is that serious?

slopanodark whats the point to have stronger units when at the same time and the other players will have the same level units :P

you should understand they just extend the upgrading time there is no benefits
Oct 16, 2016, 00:5710/16/16
07/02/15
sison said:

guys is that serious?

slopanodark whats the point to have stronger units when at the same time and the other players will have the same level units :P

you should understand they just extend the upgrading time there is no benefits
the only benefits are for mega coiners who upgrade their lost arts instantly while all the regular players still have lv 20 units
Oct 16, 2016, 06:5110/16/16
08/03/14
i was just in time for a development tournament, so plarium could squeeze real money out of coiners trying to win that. 
Oct 16, 2016, 08:0210/16/16

Nemanja said:

My Lords,

I think that upgrading lost art is step forward cause increasing troops def capabilities was needed.

Agreed that  is needed.

I fail to see how this changes makes any difference. Lost Arts max'd for defensive units now gives 70% increase  but lost arts for offensive units also gives 70% increase???? 

DB

Oct 16, 2016, 10:4010/16/16

nah guys some of you think realy whithout logic,i guess we are all adults here,i see the comments of db dbomb,nemanja and SLOPRANODARK,

let me know were is the increase?

on the units?

how it is increase when anyone can increase at the same level whith you?

let me know were you can use this extra power of your units while at the same time anyone can have the same power whith your own units.

Oct 16, 2016, 17:4310/16/16

sison said:

nah guys some of you think realy whithout logic,i guess we are all adults here,i see the comments of db dbomb,nemanja and SLOPRANODARK,

let me know were is the increase?

on the units?

how it is increase when anyone can increase at the same level whith you?

let me know were you can use this extra power of your units while at the same time anyone can have the same power whith your own units.

the increase is for capped players to continue to get stronger troops.  this because the game is designed to spend troops.  you cannot build a lasting increase in troops. so building must go in the direction increased power per troop.  but like you say, if everyone has 1m power and then an update increases everyone's power to 2m, then the portion of power remains the same.  and the update is unnecessary.  a waste of real life resources.
but  when 2m power is compared to 100m power and then the 100m power is increased to 150m power overnight and the 2m power increases to 3m power over 3 years.  that is what makes the update worse than unnecessary.
i like the update, within itself, however the increasing gap it creates through external mtx i do not appreciate.

Oct 16, 2016, 18:2710/16/16
Oct 16, 2016, 18:28(edited)

johanrayne as i understood you mean you can increase faster your troop force but i still say anyone can do that at the same rythm whith you,

anyone can have equal force whith you there is no individual increase there is just extend 
Oct 16, 2016, 20:3710/16/16
Oct 16, 2016, 21:01(edited)

sison said:

johanrayne as i understood you mean you can increase faster your troop force but i still say anyone can do that at the same rythm whith you,

anyone can have equal force whith you there is no individual increase there is just extend
................................................................................................
there may be a language barrier. i'm not sure what your question is either.
1 unit's stats are given a bonus through scroll level. without boosts everyone's opportunity to gain the bonus is equal.  but with time boosts a player can discover 10 scrolls a day rather than 1 per week.  this means that their force increase is much higher.  they will have an extra 50% force boost while the other player is discovering scrolls over the next 10 weeks.
without the time boosts, all players can gain the same bonus at the same speed.
if that is not what you are asking, let me know.

Oct 16, 2016, 20:4710/16/16

lords yes they can be players with the same exact levels but the odds of them meeting and fighting are ???!!!

also the advantage here is how fast you level up if player A manages to upgrade faster than player B because player A raids res, boosts ,,,etc 

then player A will be in a great advantage for a while \

also now players that have maxed their building and lost arts have too many new levels to discover which means they finally can go back to competing at development races instead of finding nothing to do 

Oct 16, 2016, 22:3210/16/16
Oct 16, 2016, 22:33(edited)

johanrayene neither me understood what excatly you told me cause of bad my english.

what i said is that i believe the power you have is same whith my power when both of us can upgrade our units at the same level so there is no difference.

and somethink else.

you said somethink about a scroll boost but i never saw sth like that,were is it?

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 17, 2016, 00:1210/17/16
10/04/13
Sculptor said:

BiohazarD said:

Sculptor said:

BiohazarD said:

It's to reduce the effects of coiners offense getting caught on beacons.  I don't know why they also made the defense ones give def units an extra off boost, just symmetry I guess.  Of course, one interesting effect is that you can attack people with archers that have 50+ offense at level 32, and the defender gets almost no pvp because pvp points are calculated from the base off/def value. 

Where did you get the 50+ offense from archers??

At lvl 32 lost art archers get 160% extra offense. Standard they have 10 so that would make 26 their max offense. With some extra percentages form league fortress etc. I won't even get close to 50+ offense.
It was an estimate based on the off-side boost provided in the picture on the announcement.  I haven't actually upgraded my archers to level 32 yet, so thanks for the info. 
When you click on the lost art you'll get a picture of that unit in the top of it you'll find an orange rectangle with the word bonus in it. Click on it to see what off/def bonus you'll get at what level.
I wasn't aware of that, thanks.  :)
Oct 17, 2016, 02:4210/17/16
Oct 17, 2016, 02:50(edited)
08/20/15

My question is how are any non or moderate coiners going to compete when there are people prepared to rack up these types of scores in the Development Race? There's no way these points are coming from building upgrades.

Yes, eventually...a LONG eventually away for those of us who can't afford to buy a lot of boosts, and have to actually raid for the resources needed, we may be able to upgrade most of the Lost Arts. Of course, when you only get a handful of sketches at a time from tournaments, you add more time to that. When someone has that much of a lead it is usually impossible to catch up, because even if the growth rate slows after the tournament ends, they don't stop their growth while you're trying to catch up. 

The question is will there be any point to trying to catch up if the game is totally owned by a few players with massively over-powered armies? There are already numerous players capable of taking a defended beacon with only their current troop force. Take into account the level upgrades these same players are busily adding on, as fast as they can click the boosts apparently, and no beacon or fortress is safe.

I haven't figured out the cost of these points, but it's a lot more than I can even contemplate spending.  Just think, there's still more than a day to go, and these players are still $pending. 

Oct 17, 2016, 03:1510/17/16

Sison...thought my post was pretty straight forward...but yes 70% increase comes once arts to lvl 32. Not sure why you keep referencing other people units as my post has nothing to do with anyones elses units. yes we understand everyone has the opportunity to acquire such increases.

Also a rumor has it that upgrading griffin pendant from lvl 31 to 32 requires 870 sketches. (just a rumor at this point)

DB

Oct 17, 2016, 09:2510/17/16
07/25/15
exxxe said:

lords yes they can be players with the same exact levels but the odds of them meeting and fighting are ???!!!

also the advantage here is how fast you level up if player A manages to upgrade faster than player B because player A raids res, boosts ,,,etc 

then player A will be in a great advantage for a while \

also now players that have maxed their building and lost arts have too many new levels to discover which means they finally can go back to competing at development races instead of finding nothing to do 

Im more worried about big fat hammers get leveled up in haste. Making them even a bigger danger to the game.
Oct 17, 2016, 13:5210/17/16
07/03/15

Another imbalance is the mine upgrades. Originally you got a 160 increase from level 20 to 21 and now it is a 600 increase meaning anyone who bought sketches at full price now has received 1/3 the value of someone who upgrades today, plus with the 30% discount on now  for sketches that furthere reduces anyone who bought sketches prior to today to somewhere around a tenth of the value. Makes them look like complete idiots for buying in early.

So, not only are non - coiners getting shafted , those who invest a little also get shafted so Plarium is alienating even those who do buy. I would not buy again as this move shows they will make it meaningless anyway. Best just to play with no investment then to be made to look stupid by the company.
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 17, 2016, 14:0610/17/16
10/04/13
db dbomb said:

Sison...thought my post was pretty straight forward...but yes 70% increase comes once arts to lvl 32. Not sure why you keep referencing other people units as my post has nothing to do with anyones elses units. yes we understand everyone has the opportunity to acquire such increases.

Also a rumor has it that upgrading griffin pendant from lvl 31 to 32 requires 870 sketches. (just a rumor at this point)

DB

It's probably more than that, the one for dragons is 3700. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.