All Categories

Minimum DE level

Minimum DE level

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Oct 7, 2016, 17:2810/07/16
09/05/15

Minimum DE level

I hear that it is not a good idea to let DE drop below Xk (values vary) at a beacon. 

As a Beacon Captain, I need some facts before I can suggest some rules regarding this.

So my question is: true or false?
Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 7, 2016, 17:4010/07/16

Heard this rumor before. Can't see any reason it matters. The same amount of DE is queued up for release per minute no matter what is in the beacon.

Oct 7, 2016, 22:2610/07/16

yes your question is very very intresting let me sent your question to a moderator and he will come to answer if he know about it

good question,i heared about it in the past but i was nt sure,i checked in my league if this work when we had more than 2k de in the beacon when balur  did his attack

no results ,lets see if someone else know  i will pass your question so all players learn :)
Oct 8, 2016, 07:3410/08/16

lord almericus 

there are no such limits in the game where you have to keep a minimum of X amount of DE in a beacon 

it is recommended not to use all DE in a beacon and instead take few shares from several beacons to give the opportunity for other league members to take DE 
Oct 8, 2016, 12:3010/08/16
09/05/15

exxxe said:

there are no such limits in the game where you have to keep a minimum of X amount of DE in a beacon 

I understand that there are no in-game restrictions on the minimum amount of DE.

I think what I and others need is a better understanding of beacon mechanics. Maybe you can help with that ?
Oct 8, 2016, 13:0910/08/16

sure but pls be specific about what you want to know 

also what mechanics?? ( attacks has force limit only/ 25% def bonus for lvl 5 beacon/ all members can send def to beacons)

in general :-

leagues capture beacons across the map to earn influence which helps ranking the league higher 

the more beacons (preferably edge beacons) the more influence resulting a higher rank 

now defending a beacon needs an entire league effort but there are benefits including 25% def bonus and the ability to darken troops 

25% is fixed on lvl 5 to all members defending however darkening is different 

darkening depends on the league leadership decisions but in most cases the more def you have in the beacon the bigger is your share 

darkening help increase off/def stats as well as reduce food consumption 

balur attacks on your beacons gives you DE maximum limit is 30k

attacking beacons has one restriction which is the force limit (note you cant attack allies beacons)

check the wiki for much more detailed information or ask me here specifically what do you mean by mechanics 

Oct 8, 2016, 13:1710/08/16
i heared that to capture a beacon you need to break 50 % of its deffence not 100%,is it truth?
Oct 8, 2016, 13:3710/08/16
07/02/15
sison said:

i heared that to capture a beacon you need to break 50 % of its deffence not 100%,is it truth?
a beacon would be like attacking a settlement or breaking a seige you have to win the battle when attacking but you dont need to kill all the units if you kill 60% and win the remaining 40% will be returned home.
Oct 8, 2016, 13:4310/08/16
thanks failo :)
Oct 10, 2016, 15:1310/10/16
03/22/16
Almericus said:

I hear that it is not a good idea to let DE drop below Xk (values vary) at a beacon. 

As a Beacon Captain, I need some facts before I can suggest some rules regarding this.

My recommendation  that I have seen work is do not allow your DE to drop below 2k DE. The drops are better and more on a schedule. Failure to stay above this mark often results in more random drops of smaller amounts.
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 11, 2016, 22:5510/11/16
10/04/13
brunsonthomas said:

Almericus said:

My recommendation  that I have seen work is do not allow your DE to drop below 2k DE. The drops are better and more on a schedule. Failure to stay above this mark often results in more random drops of smaller amounts.
Actually, there is no correlation between amount of DE in a beacon and frequency/size of drops.  This has been extensively tested.  I don't know where this idea came from, but I'm guessing somebody somewhere is laughing their head off that so many people fell for their misinformation. 
Oct 12, 2016, 02:4910/12/16
08/03/14
BiohazarD said:

brunsonthomas said:

Actually, there is no correlation between amount of DE in a beacon and frequency/size of drops.  This has been extensively tested.  I don't know where this idea came from, but I'm guessing somebody somewhere is laughing their head off that so many people fell for their misinformation. 
it doesnt help that a moderator is proliferating it. 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 12, 2016, 09:1210/12/16
09/17/15
BiohazarD said:

There is a max amount of DE depending on a Beacon level. The higher the level, the more DE you can get.
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 12, 2016, 19:5210/12/16
10/04/13
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

BiohazarD said:

There is a max amount of DE depending on a Beacon level. The higher the level, the more DE you can get.
That's not what we're talking about, but thanks. 
Oct 12, 2016, 20:2610/12/16
Oct 12, 2016, 20:55(edited)
11/04/15

exxxe said:

also what mechanics?? ( attacks has force limit only/ 25% def bonus for lvl 5 beacon/ all members can send def to beacons)

the more beacons (preferably edge beacons) the more influence resulting a higher rank 

attacking beacons has one restriction which is the force limit (note you cant attack allies beacons)

check the wiki for much more detailed information or ask me here specifically what do you mean by mechanics 

There is no force limit on this server's beacons. There are various force limits on other servers and in other games. Plarium need to get their act together and standardize this because we are being hung out to dry

I think super beacons get more than 30k, but we don't have none (surprise surprise)

Edge beacons should not actually control more territory. I think this is another myth based on confusing graphics on the map.
All level 5 beacons should give the same territory/influence (50 sq miles). Can someone check this?

Edit : Those of you who do not hold beacons may wish to vist Embassy > Beacons to see this page   http://prnt.sc/ct3i1u

Clicking Balus units reveals some thing rather interesting  http://prnt.sc/ct3iji

I wonder if level 20 fort gives +20 to all balur units hahahaha

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 13, 2016, 07:0510/13/16
10/04/13
toggit said:

exxxe said:

There is no force limit on this server's beacons. There are various force limits on other servers and in other games. Plarium need to get their act together and standardize this because we are being hung out to dry

I think super beacons get more than 30k, but we don't have none (surprise surprise)

Edge beacons should not actually control more territory. I think this is another myth based on confusing graphics on the map.
All level 5 beacons should give the same territory/influence (50 sq miles). Can someone check this?

Edit : Those of you who do not hold beacons may wish to vist Embassy > Beacons to see this page   http://prnt.sc/ct3i1u

Clicking Balus units reveals some thing rather interesting  http://prnt.sc/ct3iji

I wonder if level 20 fort gives +20 to all balur units hahahaha

Yes, it has been confirmed that edge beacons gain more territory.  This is because there aren't beacons competing for territory on one side.  If you had an inside beacon where all the beacons for a few rows around it were owned by balur, it would gain the same territory as an edge beacon. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.