All Categories

Where has all the fun gone

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Oct 5, 2016, 08:3410/05/16
11/24/15

When i joined this game I found it to be very exciting but now its all moans and groans. The first 4 or five months of the game I found that there was a real buzz but now it seems Plarium have slowly destroyed what once was a great game.I was very addicted to the game but now find it to be very ground hog day. all the improvements are completely money orientated and it appears you have to be super rich or simply be left behind and have no chance of winning anything. the time it takes to build as a none coiner simply bore's the life out of me and find there are very little rewards for the little people
Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 5, 2016, 08:5010/05/16

Lady Oh dear,

I'm not coiner but despite that I'm achieving everything in time like coiners do. I'm sorry you feel like that.

Feel free to ask an advice throughout this forum how can you expand more without spending a dime although there is always an option to develop faster with a little spending. 

Oct 5, 2016, 11:0110/05/16
06/22/14

@Oh Dear,

Non-coiners cant achieve everything that coiners could and that's the biggest unbalance in this game.

If you want fun you have to use credit card.

Or use auto suggestion and convince yourself that this exactly what you want.

Or simple drop all plans, all hopes and all expectations, and be sure that you will get so much.

Everything (except cc) is in your head.

Oct 5, 2016, 15:2610/05/16
07/25/15

djmoody said:

Yes the game has no balance.

I have been through this with another game - "War of Legends" published by Jagex. They got more and more greedy and eventually the game shut down with very few actives left in it.

You have to remember the content in this game is minimal. It wouldn't take long to code this game. Stormfall is therefore throw away to them. The real cost of the game is the advertising to draw in members and the ongoing support costs. They can open another version of the game e.g. Nords, Vikings etc easily and simply switch the support headcount and the advertising to it.

So the shame of it is that the customers whose hobbies these games are have a massive personal investment and love for them but the people that run them are at best ambivalent to them. It is a business and nothing more. This mismatch causes a lot of unhappiness.

If you want to play a game where the developers appear to love for the game as much as the players then try Eve (although even that isn't perfect as the developers continually siphon funds from Eve into other projects none of which has come off yet)

I found C&C Tiberium Alliances to be more responsible. They actually limit your daily spending amount - and that game is ultimately run by EA who you wouldn't expect to be altruistic. The game has significant elements of skill (you actually run the battles yourself) which also allows good players to close the gap on big spending ones.

The sad thing is that most developers, especially in the RTS arena, are running exactly the same micro transactions, small player base, pay to win business model. As gamers there are thousands of games but virtually no choice. It's certinaly not just Plarium.

Not quite true, Dust 154 and EVE Valkyrie, both set in the EVE universe. Although Dust 154 was shut down, they working on a new project in the same gate using the unreal engine for PC afaik. Maybe they show more info at next fan fest. as for their venture into World of Darkness, it didn't come through, but that applies for a lot of games out there. Yeah CCP spend income on other projects not just keep EVE alive, but as a business they need to right? EVE get content patches and expansions a few times a year still.

For the money Plarium want us to invest into their games, we get very little in return back though.

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 5, 2016, 17:0910/05/16
10/04/13
Nemanja said:

Lady Oh dear,

I'm not coiner but despite that I'm achieving everything in time like coiners do. I'm sorry you feel like that.

Feel free to ask an advice throughout this forum how can you expand more without spending a dime although there is always an option to develop faster with a little spending. 

Are you?  Would you mind posting a screenshot of your 750 million offense army then?
Oct 5, 2016, 19:0910/05/16
12/18/14
BiohazarD said:

Nemanja said:

Lady Oh dear,

Are you?  Would you mind posting a screenshot of your 750 million offense army then?
as the saying goes ... screenshot or it didn't happen 
Oct 5, 2016, 21:0010/05/16
12/03/15
gemmamerrick666 said:

BiohazarD said:

Nemanja said:

Lady Oh dear,

quite shocked that a moderator would come out with such a statement I do hope I have read to much into it

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.