All Categories

Inviting Friends

Inviting Friends

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Oct 1, 2016, 19:1510/01/16

Inviting Friends

I've noticed that a lot of the beginning quests require that you invite friends. I dont know about the rest of the community but Im not one to invite anyone to a game Im playing until I see that it's worthwhile. So tying me down by requiring me to invite friend before I have vetted the game is counter productive to me wanting to continue playing.

This is not a slam of the game. What it is: Information that tells you that you could have a lot more friends of mine in the game if you didnt tie them down. I play ESO, DDO, LotRO, WarFrame, and several other MMOs so we arent talking about the friends I have on facebook or in my email list. We are talking about LITERALLY millions of people.Because if I tell 10 friends, they tell 10 freinds and so on.

It's a bad marketing ploy. If you want to give bonus things for inviting friends, that's a good marketing ploy. But making it a requirement of the quest makes me just not want to play.
Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 1, 2016, 19:3610/01/16

If you think that Stormfall is not worth of your time then just do not play it. But House of Unity Achievments is only one asking for your friends

Oct 1, 2016, 19:4810/01/16

House of unity isnt the only one. One of the first quests is to invite your friends and I was able to find another way to accomplish it by inviting people either on blog or here or... not sure exactly. But I counted at least 4 of the beginning quests.

And until I have played it a while, I dont know if it's worth my time or not. If Im going to spend money on a car, I test drive it. If Im going to spend money on a TV, Im going to ask my friends about their experiences. And if Im going to spend money on a game, I want to see if Im going to bored in a couple of weeks or not. This is day 2 for me. I cant answer if this game is worth my time or not. Just pointing out that I dont think tying friend invites to quests is a good thing.

And the number 10 wasnt random. It's the amount of friends required to complete at least 2 of those.

Oct 1, 2016, 20:1910/01/16
07/02/15

You are not required to invite friends it is just for extra points and the only building influenced by friends joining the game is the house of unity which you DO get rewards from after your friend joins and plays. And if you dont want to invite friends you can just buy the tokens on the black market instead of gaining them when a friend joins.

As for the other friends required for some buildings/unlocks it is for in game friends.  when you befriend a neighboring castle and your league members.

Hope this helps clear up your confusion.
Oct 1, 2016, 20:2610/01/16
Thank you for that. It was an informative response.
Oct 2, 2016, 21:0710/02/16
08/03/14

Vladimir Stojanovic said:

If you think that Stormfall is not worth of your time then just do not play it. But House of Unity Achievments is only one asking for your friends

careful now. a lot of us are feeling that way.  if everyone who thought this game wasnt worth their time walked out....

you wouldnt have a game.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.