Beacon Drop Rumours

30 Replies
djmoody
24 September, 2016, 2:30 AM UTC

Word on the street is that beacons are about to drop - maybe Monday.

For all those that don't get the inside track to these things, thought you might appreciate the heads up and a bit of a leveling of the playing field.

Credibility of the info? Like always there is no guarantee but a league with a big offense is busy turning some of it into defence via BG's in preparation for the drop, so they seem to think it's very credible info.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Lady Nerium KT-S2
24 September, 2016, 4:55 AM UTC

I think you're a bit ahead of time - I'm not expecting them for another couple weeks I think?

Post your best guesses, we'll see how accurate we can get.

ETA  first week of October, probably 3rd or 4th

I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
26 September, 2016, 9:37 AM UTC
You were right. They have dropped about an hour ago. But I'm still curious who's spreading such accurate rumors...
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
IronApex Turok
26 September, 2016, 9:45 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

You were right. They have dropped about an hour ago. But I'm still curious who's spreading such accurate rumors...

i told you once already. even posted a picture of their faces. and i got banned.  support read my mail and deleted all the evidence. 

funny that the ones doing the leaking are in tech support. easy enough to do damage control from there. 
BeastMaster
26 September, 2016, 12:22 PM UTC

leak seems bad :(

djmoody
26 September, 2016, 12:23 PM UTC

I wish my league and allies got the same inside info as others seem.

We only get wind of these things because we have our ear to the ground constantly and get know what other leagues are doing. Through simply talking to everyone a lot and also collecting intel we can sometimes take a good guess that someone else knows something.

In this case there was:

- a rumor that a leak of the drop had occurred via the VIP program

- we believed the rumor had credibility through apparent switching of offence to defense, league mails and other preparations that other leagues seemed to be making

I can dig around for more specifics. It isn't me that watches all this stuff or gets it first hand so I don't have direct evidence I can hand you. When the rumor got to me I thought that even if it was half likely to be true then everyone should know to level the playing field so posted it. It's just too unfair of an advantage

Given every drop has been leaked and apparently through different sources maybe the best solution is just to pre-announce beacon drops so everyone knows they are coming and can prepare equally.

I don't see how that would particularly damage anything. The most important thing for beacon drops is that everybody is in the same boat. As trying to keep it a secret has failed many times to keep everyone in the same boat, maybe its time for a radical new plan. Pre-announcing may be the only way it can be fair.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Lady Nerium KT-S2
26 September, 2016, 12:38 PM UTC

Not sure if it's an actual leak, or just good spydee senses.  I was off by a week, (Yes DJ, I admit you were right!)  and all I do is watch the sapphire sale pattern and keep the last drop timing in mind.  

If you have to gear up to take/hold a beacon, then you need to strengthen the league more as a whole.  It doesn't matter when a beacon drops if you aren't ready to take it at a moments notice. That involves training, and any league can do that.

If it is an actual leak that allows certain leagues advance notice, then it needs to be shut off. It should be a fair playing field, where everyone has the same opportunity to get a beacon. Figuring out when they might drop is part of the game, KNOWING they are coming isn't.

I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
IronApex Turok
26 September, 2016, 7:51 PM UTC

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

If it is an actual leak that allows certain leagues advance notice, then it needs to be shut off. It should be a fair playing field, where everyone has the same opportunity to get a beacon. Figuring out when they might drop is part of the game, KNOWING they are coming isn't.

i told them who the leak was, what league they are in, which plarium office they work for, what country they are in, given them pictures of what they look like, what their screen names were, which server they play on.

but it was all deleted and i got a 3 day ban as a warning.  other people trying to out the leak got permament bans.  i guess im lucky.
Aaron KT3
27 September, 2016, 4:00 AM UTC

It's you own D^mned MODs!  You keep saying that the moderators aren't in the know, but here it is.  THEY ARE, just as the proof is right here.

DJ, to his credit, seems fed up with the leaked info to the "few" (Just look and see where a LARGE portion of your moderators play...) and shared the tip.  Now there is NO denying that he was right is there?

Plarium leaks like the TITANIC.

I'm dying to see how you spin this one!

Aaron
Oracle
27 September, 2016, 9:37 AM UTC
So many people have been BANNED for these. Were is Jumy, I believe he may have the intel still intact. 
Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 September, 2016, 11:41 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

i told you once already. even posted a picture of their faces. and i got banned.  support read my mail and deleted all the evidence. 

funny that the ones doing the leaking are in tech support. easy enough to do damage control from there. 
Plarium Support agents don't play on public servers. So it can't be one of them.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 September, 2016, 11:42 AM UTC

Aaron KT3 said:

It's you own D^mned MODs!  You keep saying that the moderators aren't in the know, but here it is.  THEY ARE, just as the proof is right here.

DJ, to his credit, seems fed up with the leaked info to the "few" (Just look and see where a LARGE portion of your moderators play...) and shared the tip.  Now there is NO denying that he was right is there?

Plarium leaks like the TITANIC.

I'm dying to see how you spin this one!

This post was created 24 September, 2016, 2:30 AM UTC. Moderators didn't have such information.

Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 September, 2016, 11:45 AM UTC
djmoody said:

- a rumor that a leak of the drop had occurred via the VIP program

I guess that was it. Our VIP players do receive the information about the Beacon drops in advance. But they never get a specific date. It's the same as we make create teasing posts in our communities about Beacons. We never say when they will be added. We just say it will happen soon.
Daniel
27 September, 2016, 4:07 PM UTC

Plarium Support agents don't play on public servers. So it can't be one of them.

How can you be sure about that? Do you check what they do in their houses? I guess no so you cant know if they play on a public server or not.

Lets say i work for Plarium ..i'm done with the day at work ..nothing else to do , got lots of free time but i like the game a lot. Since i know when things happen i should be better then the other players so why not to open an account on a public server and "rule" the place. I open an account and keep playing. Get the info what will happen all the time wait for the right moment and get stronger.

Do you know that i'm doing this? No you dont.

Or lets say i have a family member that loves the game i work for. He wants to start playing it. All a sudden he wants to get some info leak to get a bit more stronger for himself and the league. Well i cant leave my brother/sister without a bit of info about it can i? At the end what harm will it do ..no one will find out what i did.

So as a result dont be so sure that they arent the ones that give the info.
UTC +1:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
28 September, 2016, 6:43 AM UTC

Daniel said:

How can you be sure about that? Do you check what they do in their houses? I guess no so you cant know if they play on a public server or not.

Lets say i work for Plarium ..i'm done with the day at work ..nothing else to do , got lots of free time but i like the game a lot. Since i know when things happen i should be better then the other players so why not to open an account on a public server and "rule" the place. I open an account and keep playing. Get the info what will happen all the time wait for the right moment and get stronger.

Do you know that i'm doing this? No you dont.

Or lets say i have a family member that loves the game i work for. He wants to start playing it. All a sudden he wants to get some info leak to get a bit more stronger for himself and the league. Well i cant leave my brother/sister without a bit of info about it can i? At the end what harm will it do ..no one will find out what i did.

So as a result dont be so sure that they arent the ones that give the info.

Without any proof it's abusive personal statements relating to Plarium employees. Which is against our Forum rules. I am forced to give you a warning. Either give some reliable information, or stop spreading rumors and breaking our rules.

Daniel
28 September, 2016, 7:42 PM UTC
Oh well not the first time i get a warning ...anyway ...i did NOT said that it was them the ones that have given the info. I said to you not to be so sure it cant be them as you can never know what everyone does.
UTC +1:00
Drogar61
28 September, 2016, 9:20 PM UTC

Aloyna,

somebody broke your  RULE and that weren't we.

Only somebody of you had info, and that info was spreaded.

So, some of you made bad thing, and we will be pubnished because we are talking about that. In very peacefull way, it seems to me.

Find a guilty, that is the best option for all of us and you.

Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
29 September, 2016, 8:46 AM UTC
Drogar61 said:

Aloyna,

somebody broke your  RULE and that weren't we.

Only somebody of you had info, and that info was spreaded.

So, some of you made bad thing, and we will be pubnished because we are talking about that. In very peacefull way, it seems to me.

Find a guilty, that is the best option for all of us and you.

We don't know who spread that rumours. Not only Plarium Employee knew about the Beacon drop. So there's no point to accuse anyone unless you have proofs. 
IronApex Turok
3 October, 2016, 7:35 AM UTC

i want to know why VIP members were giving fore knowledge of a beacon drop. 

you say the program is for testing new content. but if the beacon drops havent happened...how are you testing new content by telling them?

what reason could there be for giving them the info?

Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
3 October, 2016, 10:12 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

i want to know why VIP members were giving fore knowledge of a beacon drop. 

you say the program is for testing new content. but if the beacon drops havent happened...how are you testing new content by telling them?

what reason could there be for giving them the info?

I didn't say that VIP program is for testing. I said that sometimes we need some feedback from VIPs, but in very rare cases. Mostly we get it from Forums. 

VIP players have some benefits. One of them is information that the Beacons are coming soon so they could prepare themselves and their Leagues for a fight in advance. However, they never receive a date or time. We also make such posts in our communities from time to time. So it's just the same. 

Actually I see no harm here as the VIPs seem to share this info almost with the entire server 
1658604 users registered; 33335 topics; 251609 posts; our newest member:Commander #2535351