What's going on with the bot castles?

What's going on with the bot castles?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 8, 2016, 09:3809/08/16
07/25/15

Sifr said:

Funny thing though. I like this game because I can login for 15 mins/session sending spies and raids and all other things. And I wanna see how far I can go without coining. So in a sense this is city build sim for me hahaha.

I really can't spend hours on game like I used to during RO for example with all these things to do, I just wanna play some slow paced game. I guess this is wrong gameplay according to you?

If I raided anyone and they asked me to stop I always stop. I guess I'm just soft hearted heh.

And besides there are things that are similar between this game and civ and total war. Diplomacy is necessary. On a league scale at least. And I guess you are unleagued?

Oh well, you can always find me on my signature below :)

There is no right or wrong way to play the game. But you can't start call people bullies and what not for playing the game in a different way than you do yourself.  Some players just want to play "sim sand castle" others like to push sand castles over. And this game is one that favor the later. I just get a big grupe with players that get uppset if they can't raid/farm bots anylonger, because hardly how the game was intended to be played. 

I'm in a legaue, and the whole diplo stuff is not something I'm involved with. As long as my league doesn't have any relation to someone, they legit targets. Got some mutual deals and naps with locals, but that just about it.

Sep 8, 2016, 14:1009/08/16
07/25/15

oracle said:

If you have any argument to support the claim that inactives and bots kill war game please post, if not, then please don't. 

I didnt say inactive castles did kill the game. If the bots all got turned inactive, no worries. use them. The difference is in the YIELD a active and a inactive castle have. There is a reason why those bots is so sought after right? They offer something of better value than a inactive castle of same level. But the location of these bot's make it so they will benefit some more than others. If Plarium decided to break up the lines and scatter them all over the map, it would even the playing field some as well. 

Bottom line is, what these bots bring to the game is just not free resources for players. Bots (and alts), get used to rigg tournaments as well. Offer defenise armies, and cannon fooder to hit with. and of course bring the issue with real money trading into the game (selling resources and scrolls).

Sep 8, 2016, 15:0609/08/16
08/20/15

For every feature of the game, someone will eventually find an exploit. Just the way it works. We just have to hope that the exploits don't affect us so negatively that it ruins the game. I am totally against the people who "sell" items/resources in the game, but the only way to stop them is to not buy. No benefit and they go somewhere else. 

Everyone plays the game differently and that's great. Some like to kill everything in sight and really enjoy the hunt for targets, others like to build and trade, or prefer defense vs offense. There is no one "right" way to play, but as long as we're all polite to each other it works. 
Sep 8, 2016, 15:1309/08/16
07/25/15

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

For every feature of the game, someone will eventually find an exploit. Just the way it works. We just have to hope that the exploits don't affect us so negatively that it ruins the game. I am totally against the people who "sell" items/resources in the game, but the only way to stop them is to not buy. No benefit and they go somewhere else. 

Everyone plays the game differently and that's great. Some like to kill everything in sight and really enjoy the hunt for targets, others like to build and trade, or prefer defense vs offense. There is no one "right" way to play, but as long as we're all polite to each other it works. 

Thats like ask players not to buy fireballs. The bots there for a reason, Plarium enable them to profit from players wanting cheap resources and scrolls. Its a problem Plarium need to deal with, its not something the players can do much about at all. 

As for the politeness, once you attacked a few players in this game you recieved enough "fan mail" to know, the butthurt can be strong in players -)

Sep 9, 2016, 08:4709/09/16
08/03/14
for all we know, it is plarium running a side scam for extra income. 
Sep 9, 2016, 08:5009/09/16
08/03/14

oracle said:

I see no point in continuing these arbitrary whimsical affair. You fail to answer question let alone make a good thesis, other than long nonsensical preposterous comments that say naught. 

You have been commissioning for the removal of bots, and inactive castles.And the only reason, it seem to stand on these position, is that it kills the war game. but time and time you fail to say, or even brace us with how will that come to be. 

Oracle, 

bot castles have been showing up in the events top ranking now. 

That means that these castles are producing and selling armies for Walls of Defense.  Now, not only can a coiner buy from the black market, he can also buy an army from the underground market. Doubling the size of a defense at a castle, add on top of that 50% bonus and now...there is no way to strategize anyting. 
Sep 9, 2016, 15:1109/09/16
12/13/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

toggit said:

Plarium Support have de-activated these accounts but that does not guarantee that they will not be re-activate in the future ... we saw this with the 295 bot line and all plarium did was give them protection bubbles

Lord Oberon promised to replace them with vacant lots - this is the only permanent solution - there are no factors to consider. Just bite the bullet and remove them all .... but warn the community first that it is 'Logical and Justified' haha

We don't know what kind of measures were taken. Looks like they didn't log in for a while, and when they logged in again, they've received that protection which is automated. Nobody from Plarium can give it.

You are severely misinformed - you need to talk to Alex

Alexander Novak My Lords and Ladies, we took corresponding measures in regards to these accounts.

Like · Reply · 2 · 22 March at 14:43

The 295 bot line was shut down after I reported on Unofficial Stormfall Community that they were winning Sapphires from Tournaments - but they were allowed to be re-activated recently and were given protection bubbles ... perhaps these bubbles could have been made permanent.
Other gamesites have Memorial Castles to avoid interaction. This could also be used to stop the bots

Sep 9, 2016, 17:0009/09/16
07/25/15
IronApex Turok said:

oracle said:

I see no point in continuing these arbitrary whimsical affair. You fail to answer question let alone make a good thesis, other than long nonsensical preposterous comments that say naught. 

You have been commissioning for the removal of bots, and inactive castles.And the only reason, it seem to stand on these position, is that it kills the war game. but time and time you fail to say, or even brace us with how will that come to be. 

Oracle, 

bot castles have been showing up in the events top ranking now. 

That means that these castles are producing and selling armies for Walls of Defense.  Now, not only can a coiner buy from the black market, he can also buy an army from the underground market. Doubling the size of a defense at a castle, add on top of that 50% bonus and now...there is no way to strategize anyting. 
Forget it, some people just interested in what can benefit them, and refuse to see the greater picture.