All Categories

BG's not worth it with new mechanics

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 27, 2016, 08:1408/27/16

Now im not impressed, these changes to the BG mechanics done countless times by plarium to nerf the unfair advantages players have with knowledge & experience in them. With the latest mechanics i just threw in 1m offense into them and got 700k back. Now thats not counting the troops sacrificed to do the quest bgs everyday while building my men up to do bgs. So id say roughly 1.2m thrown in and 700k back.

Alot more than 10% lost in taxes for doing bgs so please tell me whats the point of doing battlegrounds at all? The sapphires and troops won from tournaments do not cover the losses or even close, the only benefit i can see to the increased losses with these new mechanics is the gear you get. 

May aswell do your 10 raids build men and log out. After months of hybneration then come out & play.

How is this game suppose to be fun for free to play players? Even the coiners would lose heaps on bgs but have the money to buy it back. You have made the game very boring for f2p players just saying.... seems with each new update the coiner gets a pat on the back to spend more but the f2p player gets nerfed even more. 

BGs use to be worth it a couple of months ago. Even doing them to swap out your lower end for your higher end isnt worth it anymore.

Also whats with all the low level bgs in offense being weakest to bestiary/occult but the high end like 30's-40's+ mainly requiring a lot of infantry/calvary? Dont think im come across one that isnt weak to one or both. It doesnt make sense to me other than you keep shunning the f2p players and trying to get the coiners to spend more money. Tell me someone who wants to wait months to build up thousands of infantry & calvary to do the high end bgs properly without losing excess men? You are making it a very slow grinding boring game & the coiners seem to be the only ones able to have fun

Makes me want to quit just being honest with you. Start taking care of all of your customers please as they all count, not just the ones who feed you money. Us the f2p players are a big part of the game for coiners so to keep them happy you need to keep us happy also before we all leave the game lol.

More balanced updates would be nice & less updates that nerf everyone overall even if most think the recent bg changes only affected non-coiners it affected us all because you seem to get less what you put in then before months ago (the tax has been doubled in my eyes)

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 27, 2016, 08:4708/27/16
11/30/14
True, im about to quit this game also.
Aug 27, 2016, 09:1408/27/16
Aug 27, 2016, 09:16(edited)
01/31/15

Greetings lord Extremption,

You see, all you have to do is figure out a nice strategy to strike.

I'm waiting for Monday, when the Community Managers return, as I recently made something that might come in handy for the players regarding battlegrounds.

Perhaps let it sink a little, leave the battlegrounds and build instead. It'll bring more units to life than doing battlegrounds right now for you.

An example of one recent pay-out I got:

I got this pay out right after I received about 600 Griffins and about 100 Wyverns from a battleground some BG's ago.

Aug 27, 2016, 09:2108/27/16
06/22/14
SlopranoDark said:

I'm waiting for Monday, when the Community Managers return, as I recently made something that might come in handy for the players regarding battlegrounds.

Perhaps let it sink a little, leave the battlegrounds and build instead. It'll bring more units to life than doing battlegrounds right now for you.

I got this pay out right after I received about 600 Griffins and about 100 Wyverns from a battleground some BG's ago.

Why did you hide level? On which levels you got payouts, and how much you spent for that?
Aug 27, 2016, 09:2708/27/16
01/31/15

Drogar61 said:

SlopranoDark said:

Why did you hide level? On which levels you got payouts, and how much you spent for that?

The image shows it's a level 49 battleground m'lord. Hiding my coordinates also hides the report title somehow.

Furthermore, I don't really save the statistics of what I spent on it honestly. It wasn't too much, I can tell you, as I got this payout just some battlegrounds after the circa 600 Griffins and 100 Wyverns.
Aug 27, 2016, 09:3908/27/16
Aug 27, 2016, 09:41(edited)
06/22/14

It could possible only if you filled bank so much that first payout wasn't empty bank, and you sent some good part of previous payout.

Otherwise you have negative balance.

From last BG changes I didn't see 2 payouts in sequence. I'll be happy if that is possible again.

EDIT: Hiding your coords is worthless 
Aug 27, 2016, 09:4308/27/16

SlopranoDark said:

That's all well and good SlopranoDark but it doesn't show what you sacrificed to get that reward in question. I've found the higher you go the more your units are taxed after you receive your big payout which is fine but what im pointing out is that the fact the bg mechanics have been nerfed so that what you lose overall from doing bgs (after each big payout) is greater than a few months ago, also the units in the bgs were more balanced also. The losses seem to have increased with each update, especially since the bg equipment was introduced. Im saying the losses were fine but aren't anymore because they are too great & with the unit setup in each bg you have to sacrifice more men with less damage on bgs. It seems to me the whole makeup has been re-worked so you get less than what you put in which would work if bg tournaments gave you bigger rewards etc etc but no there is no balance, just seems to be more and more loss with each update.

My suggestion is to change the bg mechanics back to what they were before this "update" came in to fix the unfair advantage players had in bgs with the current system. If anything show the proof that players had unfair advantages with bgs, i didnt see any. More an excuse to implement the more loss system. I heard players could build up there bank really high then make it spit out more than its suppose to so their bank goes into negative and they stop. Well that just comes with experience & time dedication to figure out the mechanic & plus if they wont do them again then that excludes them from battleground gear & future tournaments so is it really that bad? They lose in the long run anyway with the previous bg mechanics

Whatever the staff excuses are & explanations with each bg mechanic re-work i see many players & very credible too, 2-3years+ experience complaining about more loss than gain than the previous bg mechanic setup. May be to take away these unfair advantages but i think they are a cover story to implement mechanics that the developers think will bring them more money from coiners to cover the loss overall thats greater than before from bgs but its been from tournaments also, they are worse than they were 6months ago as well. You can't expect the experienced players to forget how the game use to be & compared to now. That's why the forums are here, for feedback from the players, a place to voice their opinions and concerns. And from what ive seen I have seen alot of voices raising opinions and concerns that go unheard by the people in positions to make a difference or they choose not to listen. Thats just my take on it all but im sure many agree.

I think its time you start addressing issues instead of giving replies that really don't answer the players questions or address their key issues. Maybe then the forum will be filled with more positive feedback instead of negative. 

Just my 2 cents on it all and for once i hope you guys listen this time.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 29, 2016, 08:0608/29/16
09/17/15
Extremption said:

I think its time you start addressing issues instead of giving replies that really don't answer the players questions or address their key issues. Maybe then the forum will be filled with more positive feedback instead of negative. 

Your feedback has been passed to devs. However, I can't tell if they will make any changes to the BGs. I will remind them of this issue again when I have a chance.
Aug 31, 2016, 04:3608/31/16
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Extremption said:

Your feedback has been passed to devs. However, I can't tell if they will make any changes to the BGs. I will remind them of this issue again when I have a chance.
Thank you :)
Aug 31, 2016, 21:4608/31/16

finding a good strategy is the sole challenge BG's have to offer play smart and you will be rewarded 

http://prntscr.com/ccoljs

Sep 1, 2016, 02:1009/01/16
06/22/14

@EXXXE

With duplicating your answer in several threads you missed point of this thread.

We know that we can get big payout on big BG level (still I'm not sure that this is full payout on level 150). In this thread we're talking about input in BG for such payout.

Btw, there is nothing special smart in getting big payouts. Another big thing about this is how much resources you have to spend before next full payout?

Sep 1, 2016, 05:0009/01/16
08/03/14

exxxe said:

finding a good strategy is the sole challenge BG's have to offer play smart and you will be rewarded 

the problem is...when we find a good strategy, plarium calls it cheating and they change the mechanics, so its always changing. 

there is no way to develop strategy when the mechanics are constantly evolving and we are being called cheats. 
Sep 1, 2016, 08:0409/01/16
09/17/15

I have some good news for you. I hope 

As you probably know I've recently passed your feedback about BGs to our devs. They understand your position, but before making any changes they want to analyze their own data as well. So they are waiting for analytics data to check the activity of players on BGs and make a decision afterwards. Right now I don't know if they decide to change BGs or leave them as they are. 

As soon as I get more information, I will let you know.

Sep 1, 2016, 10:3509/01/16
04/10/15

As you probably know I've recently passed your feedback about BGs to our devs. They understand your position, but before making any changes they want to analyze their own data as well. So they are waiting for analytics data to check the activity of players on BGs and make a decision afterwards. Right now I don't know if they decide to change BGs or leave them as they are. 

the solution is easy, back to if ur bank is full you get the payout and not if bank is not full. for those who took advantage by their unfair game before last update, must wait and full their super negative bank.

players who didnt take advantage has not why to pay for those who did their unfair game.

Regards
Sep 1, 2016, 14:0009/01/16
09/17/15
Juglar del Viento said:

the solution is easy, back to if ur bank is full you get the payout and not if bank is not full. for those who took advantage by their unfair game before last update, must wait and full their super negative bank.

players who didnt take advantage has not why to pay for those who did their unfair game.

Regards
We can't make decisions like that on the Forum. It's up to our devs now.
Sep 1, 2016, 16:1409/01/16
04/10/15

We can't make decisions like that on the Forum. It's up to our devs now.

its just an idea. hope they change their mind and change the mechanism. 

Regards :)
Sep 1, 2016, 17:4909/01/16
08/03/14

IronApex Turok said:

exxxe said:

the problem is...when we find a good strategy, plarium calls it cheating and they change the mechanics, so its always changing. 

there is no way to develop strategy when the mechanics are constantly evolving and we are being called cheats. 

This is why we cant develop a strategy.......

Sep 1, 2016, 22:5109/01/16
Sep 1, 2016, 22:53(edited)

Drogar61 said:

@EXXXE

With duplicating your answer in several threads you missed point of this thread.

We know that we can get big payout on big BG level (still I'm not sure that this is full payout on level 150). In this thread we're talking about input in BG for such payout.

Btw, there is nothing special smart in getting big payouts. Another big thing about this is how much resources you have to spend before next full payout?

that was few weeks ago sorry but i cant remember how much exactly did i put also

my method does not include tracking the bank however

it took nearly a 110 mil resources to take it down completely also it takes way too long (nearly 14000 warlocks)

Sep 1, 2016, 23:4509/01/16
06/22/14

exxxe said:

Drogar61 said:

@EXXXE

that was few weeks ago sorry but i cant remember how much exactly did i put also

my method does not include tracking the bank however

it took nearly a 110 mil resources to take it down completely also it takes way too long (nearly 14000 warlocks)

If you didn't spend over 250M of resources your payout is mystery for me 

Enjoy in your payout, and post next big payout. Maybe we can conclude something.

Sep 2, 2016, 07:3609/02/16
09/17/15
Juglar del Viento said:

its just an idea. hope they change their mind and change the mechanism. 

Regards :)
We'll wait and find out 
Sep 2, 2016, 14:3509/02/16
04/03/15
If you are making changes again please inform people before it happens . I lost many millions due to the last change and have never recovered them .
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.