All Categories

Tournaments - how to level the playing field

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 18, 2016, 22:4708/18/16
03/15/16

Currently even with the grouping attempts, tiers etc. the same high level players always end up on top.  The only versions of fairly dividing players not seen by me are grouping players in levels say 1-10 11 to 20, 21 to 30 etc or by a max number of attempts, your 150 best raids - level of castles siezed, defense shoukld have been worth something. - not BOTS or several hundred L2-6 etc.
Views
Comments
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 19, 2016, 07:5208/19/16
09/17/15
We have implemented a new system some time ago. Currently it works only for 1 type of Tournament. It divides players into Tiers according to their success in previous Tournaments. How do you feel about this idea?
Aug 19, 2016, 17:2008/19/16
08/03/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

We have implemented a new system some time ago. Currently it works only for 1 type of Tournament. It divides players into Tiers according to their success in previous Tournaments. How do you feel about this idea?
so, if i were a top player, all i have to do is perform poorly  in a few tournys to get bumped down a tier or two and then rack up?
Aug 20, 2016, 19:5208/20/16
08/31/15

On paper, it sounds good, but depending on how long it takes to get bumped down again, it also sounds like all you'd have to do to get pushed down to a tier where you have unfair advantage is not participate for a while.  It also means that unusual activity, such as sacrificing troops for a softening blow, can leave an average player stuck in a tier where they can't compete for a few tournies.  

One would also have to ask if the rewards for the tiers would be different.  Being bumped to a lower tier where you can compete might be nice, but if the rewards are garbage, then there is no incentive to try.  It could wind up being a way to milk more $ from top players while everyone else loses interest.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 22, 2016, 09:1008/22/16
09/17/15
IronApex Turok said:

so, if i were a top player, all i have to do is perform poorly  in a few tournys to get bumped down a tier or two and then rack up?
But next time you will be moved higher. Moreover, smaller Tiers have less rewards. So why would you be interested in competing with low-levels instead of getting the real reward in a Tier which suits you the best?