This topic is closed

Capture the Flag

140 Replies
IronApex Turok
2 November, 2016, 6:08 PM UTC

no way to fix this one. 

unless you have infinite flags in each fortress. 
UTC +0:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
3 November, 2016, 10:06 AM UTC
I have passed your feedback to our game developers. Thank you all!
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
djmoody
3 November, 2016, 2:31 PM UTC

oracle said:

.are willing to argue against the good of the player base as a whole to try and "score stupid points" over someone.

I assume that someone is J, well I don't know J, I have never been to Canada, and I have ever eaten or seen snow once, not year round like J. I am just tired of all the nags, and whinnigs, and crying an d shouting. unfair unfair, how unfair? the leagues that won those tournament are in equal standing, they are just better. You lost these time around, then shed your dust, wipe that sadness on your face and move on, for your sake. Next time prepare well, have a better skills, and you will Win. 

No one is nagging or whining, crying or shouting. In fact the opposite, putting forward the logical arguments that point out this is a horribly broken and pointless event.

You are talking to the person that put KoK into 3rd place in the tourni.

Why was that possible?

Because I was off work and able to log into the game at a time that would normally be the middle of my working day. Within 5 seconds of the start of the event I had gathered the flags that won 3rd place in the tourni.

Why you seem to think that is in anyway fair on all the players that were in bed/at work/at school who couldn't do that due their timezone, is beyond me?

Why are you continue to labour under the impression that this tournament requires "skill" and the winners are "better" than others is a mystery? I am telling you as the winnder of 5 buffs and 2 defuffs, which I won single handily btw, it took zero skill to take a bunch of undefended flags from lvl 8 fortresses. It just took being online for the first 5 seconds of the tourni (or more correctly the 1hr before it started).

This tourni is done within first minute. It provides no content. There is literally nothing the majority of players can do to take part or contribute to it.

On all levels, it's utterly broken, stupid and pointless. That is not a whinge just pointing out a fact. And I am one of the people that can currently benefit from abusing all it's flaws and I am still happy to point that out. 

What is your excuse for trying to defend the indefensible?

It seems in every thread I see you in - you on on the side which has no logical argument or basis for it's opinion. You get virtually everything wrong. It's difficult enough to get Plarium to listen to quality feedback without people from the player base shooting us in the foot.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
exxxe
3 November, 2016, 2:39 PM UTC

djmoody said:

oracle said:

.are willing to argue against the good of the player base as a whole to try and "score stupid points" over someone.

I assume that someone is J, well I don't know J, I have never been to Canada, and I have ever eaten or seen snow once, not year round like J. I am just tired of all the nags, and whinnigs, and crying an d shouting. unfair unfair, how unfair? the leagues that won those tournament are in equal standing, they are just better. You lost these time around, then shed your dust, wipe that sadness on your face and move on, for your sake. Next time prepare well, have a better skills, and you will Win. 

No one is nagging or whining, crying or shouting. In fact the opposite, putting forward the logical arguments that point out this is a horribly broken and pointless event.

You are talking to the person that put KoK into 3rd place in the tourni.

Why was that possible?

Because I was off work and able to log into the game at a time that would normally be the middle of my working day. Within 5 seconds of the start of the event I had gathered the flags that won 3rd place in the tourni.

Why you seem to think that is in anyway fair on all the players that were in bed/at work/at school who couldn't do that due their timezone, is beyond me?

Why are you continue to labour under the impression that this tournament requires "skill" and the winners are "better" than others is a mystery? I am telling you as the winnder of 5 buffs and 2 defuffs, which I won single handily btw, it took zero skill to take a bunch of undefended flags from lvl 8 fortresses. It just took being online for the first 5 seconds of the tourni (or more correctly the 1hr before it started).

This torni is utterly broken, stupid and pointless. That is not a whinge just pointing out a fact. And I am one of the people that can currently benefit from abusing all it's flaws and I am still happy to point that out. 

What is your excuse for trying to defend the indefensible?

im sorry but i cant process your logic 

the event had a timer before its released by days

the problem is NOT that most people were sleep or at work when it started 

the problem is that no one defends their fortress at lvl 5 or 8 

which allows people who are on when the event starts to go capture all flags from those undefended fortresses

so when most leagues leave their lvl 5 and 8 fortresses empty in favor of defending beacons its normal that few leagues (especially who already have huge def in their fortresses) will capture all those flags 

seriously if its about being at work or sleep then why the pvp event is not also broken for you :))
I'am me and that is what i care about :)
UTC +3:00
djmoody
3 November, 2016, 2:47 PM UTC

exxxe said:

im sorry but i cant process your logic 

the event had a timer before its released by days 

the problem is NOT that most people were sleep or at work when it started

the problem is that no one defends their fortress at lvl 5 or 8 

which allows people who are on when the event starts to go capture all flags from those undefended fortresses

so when most leagues leave their lvl 5 and 8 fortresses empty in favor of defending beacons its normal that few leagues (especially who already have huge def in their fortresses) will capture all those flags 

seriously if its about being at work or sleep then why the pvp event is not also broken for you :))

The problem around undefended fortresses are part of the problem. I have said that myself in this very thread.

As a result of that this event is nothing but an event of who is online for the first moments of the event. I also told the forum this would be the case before the event was released.

You aren't going to MAKE people defend fortresses. If you take away level 8 and 5 protection to try and force defending the general player base will go mental, you will see a massive tide of unhappy posts. Everyone in game but a tiny handful of major leagues would end up with lvl 0 fortresses. That just isn't an option. The event was dreamt up by Plarium w/o consideration for how the game is played in reality, or what sensible strategy is and isn't for a league. It's utterly broken and currently unfixable.

Why the hell you link that to the PvP event is just plain wierd. The PvP events are on for several days with the ability for people to log in at any time during the event and hit castles, settlements, hamlets, beacons or fortresses. There is content to that event throughout the events. There is nothing time sensitive about PvP which is available at any time to anyone.

And by the way mark my words "Emitter Carnage" which we can't stop going here is the complete mirror image broken event, any meaningful gains can only be won in the last few minutes of the event. So Plarium's great content for this year is adding an event "you have to be online for the first few mins" and an event "you have to be online for the last few mins". Great game design - astounding failure.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Reaper
3 November, 2016, 2:56 PM UTC

Modest question....

How much leagues are able to defend a fortress constantly ?

The most in server 2 are the leagues with a higher coiner part inside it. And few leagues are only able to reach the milestone lvs (good that we have few check points in the fort upgrading process).

The most leave the forts empty cos the risk to lose the defence units there is to high, that is why others can take this chance to get the flags.

If your fort get a combined hit of 3 heavy spenders you lose your troops and the flag even so. So a lot of leagues on a milestone dont keep any attention to the event.

Cost against gain if you make a breaking line under it you see that you lose more at the end, so why start anything which is lost before it starts ?

UTC +1:00
Oracle
3 November, 2016, 3:51 PM UTC

Any continuation of these debate is worthless. Because people always take things in the content of Me/Us V.s You/Them. Unnecessary!

DJMOODY said

"You are talking to the person that put KoK into 3rd place in the tourni. Why was that possible?

What is your excuse for trying to defend the indefensible? It seems in every thread I see you in - you on on the side which has no logical argument or basis for it's opinion. You get virtually everything wrong. It's difficult enough to get Plarium to listen to quality feedback without people from the player base shooting us in the foot.''

Congratulations for winning the no 3 spot alone. As you take all the efforts, and hardwork as your own, I might see why you got position 3. 

I can't lay down my argument in one post as to why I think the tournament must not be stopped. I already did, and so did a couple of people. that post you quoted contains most of my arguments.  But you chose to ignore them The tournament as it stand is not perfect, and but it is not utterly broken. It just provide new contest, contest that some leagues are unable to win. Nothing new. We can't all be winners. 
Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
nobody
3 November, 2016, 7:46 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I have passed your feedback to our game developers. Thank you all!

p.s.

4.  level zero's allowed to chose to play.
Gadheras
4 November, 2016, 10:38 AM UTC

Said it before. Imho, this should been more of a king of the hill style. Have objectives you need to hold with forces. and the more objectives you hold the more you spread your forces around, and the harder it get to hold onto. The result would be tied to the end of the event and not the first minutes of.

djmoody
4 November, 2016, 12:33 PM UTC

oracle said:

I already did, and so did a couple of people. that post you quoted contains most of my arguments.  But you chose to ignore them The tournament as it stand is not perfect, and but it is not utterly broken. It just provide new contest, contest that some leagues are unable to win. Nothing new. We can't all be winners. 

Yeah right - there isn't a single sensible defensible argument in your post.

You misused quantum mechanics when you were looking for the theory of relativity (that's the one about space/time btw). And anyway what the hell has that got to do with an argument that events that last 1 minute must disadvantage at least 1 of the major timezones (if not 2 depending on the start time).

You ranted about hardcore gamers because there is no counter to this being an event where success is based solely on timezone. A "hardcore" gamer could play 8 hrs a day on the game (all spare time outside of sleep/work/school). That would still leave him/her 2/3rds of the day uncovered. If that is the time plarium runs a "must be online at start of event" event, they can't participate. So no argument there.

You told me I was too lazy to participate in the event. An opinion like most of your others not baked in facts or knowledge but just thrown out there with no thought. As it happened I was off work and played the event, so you got 50% of your entire ranting just plain wrong. 

You decided all through the event that anyone pointing out its flaws was simply a whiner and a whinger but was actually debating with a person who secured a top 3 finish. You just couldn't be more wrong about everything you have said.

What you really meant to say with the comment quoted above is that your opinion is backed by no argument of any substance so you can't comment any further but you are going to cling to a opinion with no defense left because the requirements of your ego "not be wrong" far outweigh the voice of your intelligence nagging you to be informed on a subject.

Snowgoon
4 November, 2016, 10:47 PM UTC

One of the most common misconceptions about this tournament is that Buffs give 30% bonuses.
The tournament info cleverly claimed that buffs are worth 'up to 30%'
Classic.

The maximum effect of any buff is only 10%
You need to combine 3 buffs to get +30%

Leagues who defend their own flag for the full duration and actually finish in the top ten will only get one buff

Most leagues correctly decided that defending any flag that will only give +10% for 7 days is complete suicide.
The defensive losses would greatly outweigh any benefit.

There were many leagues who tried this in the first flag tourney but failed to finish in the top ten because they all tied for 8th place, so 4 or 5 leagues got NOTHING even tho they had exactly the same score as 8th to 10th  placed leagues. They lost defense in vain.

It also needs to be stated that 10% is not 10%
It is only 10% of base unit stats so is actually worth less than 5% for most players

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
Drogar61
5 November, 2016, 2:45 AM UTC

And how  'up to 30%' can be equal +5 raids per day?

Really totally mess is in the game. With only one thought in your (Plarium) mind (about our wallet) you destroyed every aspect of your original game. This game has nothing with your original game.

Your game your rules your rights. But as I can remember, you stated that you spent hours and hours to produce balanced game from start.

All what you did after that, shown that you didn't speak truth. And in the future we will see (if anyone would left) that your current choices is nothing than accidentally chosen moves. You are lost in time and space.

If coiners are your main designer now, sell this game to them and try to make new one like original was.

All your changes killed, and still killing, every will for gaming your game.

Sorrowfully!

Reaper
7 November, 2016, 5:08 PM UTC

1 week after the cap the flag event

http://prntscr.com/d49kfs

http://prntscr.com/d49kpu

and #10 is new in the list, like i said before the rankings are floated by 1 league 1 week with the addictional raids. So the rankings are mess up a lot with this buff

Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
8 November, 2016, 10:16 AM UTC

Reaper said:

and #10 is new in the list, like i said before the rankings are floated by 1 league 1 week with the addictional raids. So the rankings are mess up a lot with this buff

Yes, seems like they received an advantage. But it's one of the benefits of winning the Tournament :)

By the way, in Total Domination we're testing a new raiding mechanics. There is a daily limit on raids, more Raid attempts (for those who can't reach the limit with just 10 Raids), and an extended limit for each Raid - 100k Resources. I'm not sure if it comes to Stormfall some day. As I said, we're testing it and gathering player feedback. For most players it doesn't really change anything, but I think it could affect the situation you've mentioned above. How do you think?
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
djmoody
8 November, 2016, 12:15 PM UTC

extended limit for each Raid - 100k Resources. I'm not sure if it comes to Stormfall some day. As I said, we're testing it and gathering player feedback. For most players it doesn't really change anything, but I think it could affect the situation you've mentioned above. How do you think?

Ultimately this could be a good thing but not currently as suggested. 

Enabling real active players to make more troops from activity in game is a step in the right direction of balancing coining vs playing (all be it not a huge step).

BUT More raids is pointless without a reduction in troop production time.

A player who has built up a good raid list is constrained not by number of raids but by not being able to use the resource they raid with due to production times. This does nothing for a good player (many ppl have weeks and sometimes months of troops queued).

The upshot of the update as stands will be to render useless the advantage a good raider has built up over those who haven't bothered or don't have the skill to build a good raid list themselves. Diminishing the role of skill in an RTS is not a good thing.

With regards to 100k raids you will of course refund those who spent money on sketches to raise their market to lvl 22 to enable 100k raids,right? You are ready for the player backlash on that one (from your spending customers). 

You already made it so that a cancel push is no longer a part of the game. Again removing pushing all together from the game doesn't seem like a great idea to as it just simplifies the game mechanics and reduces the value of skill and understanding of game mechanics. Again for an RTS reducing knowledge and skill requirements is counter-productive to having a good game. 

Drogar61
8 November, 2016, 1:42 PM UTC

Reaper said:

Yes, seems like they received an advantage. But it's one of the benefits of winning the Tournament :)

By the way, in Total Domination we're testing a new raiding mechanics. There is a daily limit on raids, more Raid attempts (for those who can't reach the limit with just 10 Raids), and an extended limit for each Raid - 100k Resources. I'm not sure if it comes to Stormfall some day. As I said, we're testing it and gathering player feedback. For most players it doesn't really change anything, but I think it could affect the situation you've mentioned above. How do you think?

I'll repeat my question:

And how 'up to 30%' can be equal +5 raids per day?

The most stupidest tournament brings the best awards, and in turn kills the other one, weekly tournament.

From day to day you show that you had enormous luck in period of game starting to have no concurrent similar good game, and to my horror, you made good game totally accidentally. You never understood what you really made, and every next your step killed slowly this game.

Now, you have game which is interesting only for 50 players. The rest just levitate in the game, and that is the best behavior in this game.

Most of us will say goodbye when we would have chance to change game, or if will for game becomes so low that living here will be question of common sense.

Because I can't find any one clear strategic goal in this game. If you have any and if you want to share it with me (us) I'll be thankful for that.

Reaper
8 November, 2016, 7:11 PM UTC

Reaper said:

You cant win all tournaments that i know and i think that know a lot of players too. But a benefit must not make the following week more difficult as well. Me and other players play rankings to get saphires we take for troops, boosts or our castles. For this you need 2 weeks if you play without any advantages of several buildings. Thats why to change the limit of capacity is not necessary you can break the limit of 50k, a lot of players use this right now. The prob is to get the reses you need to make the points.

1) In Dark Plains its maybe more easy cos the population there is a lot bigger than in Untamed. The number of castles you can raid is not solid. Active players can teleport their castles closer to their members or to bots it means if you are in a bad location you have nothing from a higher limit or more raids you can do in your area. The amount of reses for higher upgrades you hit after a long time, same for troops you want train. You need to get a nearly good res payout for a raid a castle lv 50 or above. And nobody should be forced to invest the saphires from any events to purchase teleports only to change the current situation of the player until a new problem appears to get reses.

2) "User Deleted" castles, players whose deleted their accts and left the game can deleted by Plarium to make them to vacant lots for other players to have a spot for the teleports. It means you can lose a castle you raided for a longer time after a new server update and must fill this gap again but not always you will finding a castle to cover your needs.

3) Next is inactive castles and bots dont fill in fast speed the reses, it means you wait your time to raid a castle again but you are not the only one who is raiding this castles so the payout of your raid shrinks too and you dont hit the the 100k in a raid. All castles are empty before you can start a raid again. Inactive high lv castles are rare on the map. Not enough to cover your needs over one week not enough to make rankings for raids.

Sure the option to raid active players is still there but has all times the risk to lose all your troops. That the game is imbalanced is not a secret and a lot of leagues are able to destroy whole armies without any probs, so a lot swopped over to inactive castles or bots. Cost against gain, avoiding big loses and make a big win is the key to be successful not only money playing, but you must have the chance to have this advantages or you cant play the game for a long time.

Oracle
8 November, 2016, 7:18 PM UTC

Stormfall has stomfall problems, Overall more raids are a welcome suggestion. But it doesn't matter, having to wait 2.5 hrs for a new raid will still make the upgrade useless. If you cut the quest time,  reduce from 3 hrs per quest cycle to 1 hrs that will help best than adding more raids.
Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
nobody
8 November, 2016, 7:29 PM UTC

.....................................................................................................................................................
By daily limit on raids, do you mean 1m resources? So that the trick no longer works? 10, 100k raids equal 1m resources? The new weekly cap will be increased to 100k.
It sounds better than the 30 raids in nords, however, for some it will still be 30 raids. Will the xtra raids become available after the first 10 hit? Will the raids be per reset rather than replenished over time?
With 30 raids and 100k resource cap the resource field will be even more competitive. And will most likely become even more depleted. Even with bot castles more and more castles will become empty thus making it necessary to raid 30 times to get the new limit. What limit would there be on raids? Wait for 10 at a time? Or send out 50 and hope they stick?
Yesterday I had six 25k/25k/0 raids but my four 4k/4k/42k raids were obliterated. Higher caps and more raids are fine, but without also raising the resource field it could become more complicated, as well as being ineffective. If the resource field is reduced then game over.

roadstar Pitbull
9 November, 2016, 2:19 AM UTC

Reaper said:

Perhaps when discussing other games,,also mention the version... and how it might directly relate... Not 'what if's',,,'maybe',,, 'testing'....
1659876 users registered; 33375 topics; 252043 posts; our newest member:sssober