Capture the Flag

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 7, 2016, 17:0811/07/16

1 week after the cap the flag event

http://prntscr.com/d49kfs

http://prntscr.com/d49kpu

and #10 is new in the list, like i said before the rankings are floated by 1 league 1 week with the addictional raids. So the rankings are mess up a lot with this buff

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 8, 2016, 10:1611/08/16
09/17/15

Reaper said:

and #10 is new in the list, like i said before the rankings are floated by 1 league 1 week with the addictional raids. So the rankings are mess up a lot with this buff

Yes, seems like they received an advantage. But it's one of the benefits of winning the Tournament :)

By the way, in Total Domination we're testing a new raiding mechanics. There is a daily limit on raids, more Raid attempts (for those who can't reach the limit with just 10 Raids), and an extended limit for each Raid - 100k Resources. I'm not sure if it comes to Stormfall some day. As I said, we're testing it and gathering player feedback. For most players it doesn't really change anything, but I think it could affect the situation you've mentioned above. How do you think?
Nov 8, 2016, 13:4211/08/16
06/22/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Reaper said:

Yes, seems like they received an advantage. But it's one of the benefits of winning the Tournament :)

By the way, in Total Domination we're testing a new raiding mechanics. There is a daily limit on raids, more Raid attempts (for those who can't reach the limit with just 10 Raids), and an extended limit for each Raid - 100k Resources. I'm not sure if it comes to Stormfall some day. As I said, we're testing it and gathering player feedback. For most players it doesn't really change anything, but I think it could affect the situation you've mentioned above. How do you think?

I'll repeat my question:

And how 'up to 30%' can be equal +5 raids per day?

The most stupidest tournament brings the best awards, and in turn kills the other one, weekly tournament.

From day to day you show that you had enormous luck in period of game starting to have no concurrent similar good game, and to my horror, you made good game totally accidentally. You never understood what you really made, and every next your step killed slowly this game.

Now, you have game which is interesting only for 50 players. The rest just levitate in the game, and that is the best behavior in this game.

Most of us will say goodbye when we would have chance to change game, or if will for game becomes so low that living here will be question of common sense.

Because I can't find any one clear strategic goal in this game. If you have any and if you want to share it with me (us) I'll be thankful for that.

Nov 8, 2016, 19:1111/08/16
Nov 8, 2016, 23:35(edited)

Reaper said:

You cant win all tournaments that i know and i think that know a lot of players too. But a benefit must not make the following week more difficult as well. Me and other players play rankings to get saphires we take for troops, boosts or our castles. For this you need 2 weeks if you play without any advantages of several buildings. Thats why to change the limit of capacity is not necessary you can break the limit of 50k, a lot of players use this right now. The prob is to get the reses you need to make the points.

1) In Dark Plains its maybe more easy cos the population there is a lot bigger than in Untamed. The number of castles you can raid is not solid. Active players can teleport their castles closer to their members or to bots it means if you are in a bad location you have nothing from a higher limit or more raids you can do in your area. The amount of reses for higher upgrades you hit after a long time, same for troops you want train. You need to get a nearly good res payout for a raid a castle lv 50 or above. And nobody should be forced to invest the saphires from any events to purchase teleports only to change the current situation of the player until a new problem appears to get reses.

2) "User Deleted" castles, players whose deleted their accts and left the game can deleted by Plarium to make them to vacant lots for other players to have a spot for the teleports. It means you can lose a castle you raided for a longer time after a new server update and must fill this gap again but not always you will finding a castle to cover your needs.

3) Next is inactive castles and bots dont fill in fast speed the reses, it means you wait your time to raid a castle again but you are not the only one who is raiding this castles so the payout of your raid shrinks too and you dont hit the the 100k in a raid. All castles are empty before you can start a raid again. Inactive high lv castles are rare on the map. Not enough to cover your needs over one week not enough to make rankings for raids.

Sure the option to raid active players is still there but has all times the risk to lose all your troops. That the game is imbalanced is not a secret and a lot of leagues are able to destroy whole armies without any probs, so a lot swopped over to inactive castles or bots. Cost against gain, avoiding big loses and make a big win is the key to be successful not only money playing, but you must have the chance to have this advantages or you cant play the game for a long time.

Nov 8, 2016, 19:1811/08/16
10/31/14

Stormfall has stomfall problems, Overall more raids are a welcome suggestion. But it doesn't matter, having to wait 2.5 hrs for a new raid will still make the upgrade useless. If you cut the quest time,  reduce from 3 hrs per quest cycle to 1 hrs that will help best than adding more raids.
Nov 8, 2016, 19:2911/08/16

.....................................................................................................................................................
By daily limit on raids, do you mean 1m resources? So that the trick no longer works? 10, 100k raids equal 1m resources? The new weekly cap will be increased to 100k.
It sounds better than the 30 raids in nords, however, for some it will still be 30 raids. Will the xtra raids become available after the first 10 hit? Will the raids be per reset rather than replenished over time?
With 30 raids and 100k resource cap the resource field will be even more competitive. And will most likely become even more depleted. Even with bot castles more and more castles will become empty thus making it necessary to raid 30 times to get the new limit. What limit would there be on raids? Wait for 10 at a time? Or send out 50 and hope they stick?
Yesterday I had six 25k/25k/0 raids but my four 4k/4k/42k raids were obliterated. Higher caps and more raids are fine, but without also raising the resource field it could become more complicated, as well as being ineffective. If the resource field is reduced then game over.

Nov 9, 2016, 02:5011/09/16
01/12/15

Do we get 150k with caravan trick? Or max 100k no matter what we do. Either is bad for me.

With getting 150k with the caravan it'll make raid targets dry most of the time.

With 100k max whatever we do that means I have wasted sketchies on the market.

Oh well.
Nov 9, 2016, 03:0711/09/16
03/22/16
Sifr said:

Do we get 150k with caravan trick? Or max 100k no matter what we do. Either is bad for me.

With getting 150k with the caravan it'll make raid targets dry most of the time.

With 100k max whatever we do that means I have wasted sketchies on the market.

Oh well.
In Stormfall your max raid is 50K with a max 50K push for a total of 100K max raid for each maximum 10 raids at a time. 
Nov 9, 2016, 05:2511/09/16
05/14/16

So the caravan capacity. That I have bumped up with soulstones and sketches is soon to moot?

What kind of reibursments will you be handing out to those that did it long hand?

Why am I bothering with half this if stuff if the Dev's are just going to come toy with later anyways?

Why after seeing the various feed back in other forums that argue against many of the changes being done always answered with the same air of arrogance and a too bad attitutude. Then introduced here as if it the best thing since sliced bread? 

Why in other forums are there whole threads. Series of threads that are packed with the single message "listen to us"?

I coin a little. Not much and play the hell out of this game. I will continue to play but until pakarium can figure out what it is really try to develop here with all its testing across the board. Here and in other games. Then I will just go long long hand. Not spend another penny and watch you all sink this ship. In the meantime I will work on new tricks to bleed you back for as much coin as I can. :)

Bring on the strategy!

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 9, 2016, 09:3411/09/16
09/17/15
GoGo Knightmare said:

So the caravan capacity. That I have bumped up with soulstones and sketches is soon to moot?

If you have maxed your Caravan Capacity, no one will take it away from you :)
Nov 9, 2016, 10:1411/09/16

GoGo Knightmare said:

not really true after the sketches were in the game we all could only increase the carvans with soulstones to 32k before it was 36k it means you need to make 1 upgrade on buildings more to hit the capacity of 50k for caravans.
Nov 10, 2016, 10:0611/10/16
Nov 10, 2016, 10:07(edited)
10/31/14

GoGo Knightmare said:

What kind of reibursments will you be handing out to those that did it long hand?

Why am I bothering with half this if stuff if the Dev's are just going to come toy with later anyways?

Why after seeing the various feed back in other forums that argue against many of the changes being done always answered with the same air of arrogance and a too bad attitutude. Then introduced here as if it the best thing since sliced bread? 

Why in other forums are there whole threads. Series of threads that are packed with the single message "listen to us"?

I coin a little. Not much and play the hell out of this game. I will continue to play but until pakarium can figure out what it is really try to develop here with all its testing across the board. Here and in other games. Then I will just go long long hand. Not spend another penny and watch you all sink this ship. In the meantime I will work on new tricks to bleed you back for as much coin as I can. :)

Bring on the strategy!

Practically irrelevant, Plarium doesn't care, they never will care. Offer good, hardcore game for 10 years, giving the community the best experience has changed to grab as much money forcefull from as many players as possible, while offering as low content as possible, and once players pocket are dry, inflate ships, and repeat. Sink, steal, repeat. 

Meanwhile in the Untamed land, bots are dry, inactives are dry, Players are out of option,s. Quitting rate is at 5 per week. I am also thinking of pulling the plug on the untamed. 

Dark plain, on the other hand has become a coiners heaven, cheating through nasty Plarium connection by super leagues has become strife. ''Did you know, i got a message from a friend, weeks before hand, telling me to make sure I buy sapphires cause the will be a 75% and 50 percent discounts.'' Very common phrase

Nov 10, 2016, 16:5611/10/16

djmoody said:

GoGo Knightmare said:

Seriously - you render useless the benefit people paid money for and then say you aren't taking anything away.

That kind of response which is neither candid nor sincerely addressing the issue will just cause rage among the player base.

It's only pixels for the love of god, You can refund them to people are zero variable cost. A well balanced and rational developer would do it without hesitation because they would realise it's their goldmine paying customers they are alienating. Failarium is so money grabbing it's blinded to looking beyond it's own nose. It's kind of hilarious to watch you fail sometimes, stabbing yourselves in the foot as you go.

.................................................................................................................................................

this is why i haven't made a purchase in 9 months.  being told "this is not a technical issue", when it was, and even if it wasn't, where are the big boys who can make an executive decision and refund 4k worth of sapphires while taking back troops never meant to be revived.  they are pixels!  yet for the player it changes the gameplay.

Nov 26, 2016, 20:4711/26/16
Nov 26, 2016, 21:14(edited)
05/14/16

I don't know but this has drifted WAY off topic, which is the flag game

what I want to know is, if I get a 1hr protection after my fotress is hit why then can a league hit my fortress in under 1 hr

now  its never been said,  but I am guessing like with a shield the protection is removed when you hit their fortress back,   but since they hit me I should be able to hit them back  RIGHT?

but NOOOO  they hit me twice in 46 min, and I cannot hit them back

Nov 26, 2016, 21:3811/26/16
05/14/16

someone please tell me how it is I can get attacked in 13 minutes with 1 hr protection

this is just messed up

but of course when I go to hit the SAME LEAGUE back ohhhh nooo  they are under protection

Nov 26, 2016, 21:4211/26/16
05/14/16

this is just as WRONG as it can be

I get hit every 15 min, but cannot attack ANYONE

BiohazarDModerator
Nov 26, 2016, 23:3111/26/16
10/04/13
Sir_bit_yakin said:

this is just as WRONG as it can be

I get hit every 15 min, but cannot attack ANYONE

Did you join your league in the last 7 days?  If so you will not be able to attack fortresses or beacons until you have been in the league for 7 days. 
Nov 27, 2016, 00:3511/27/16
Nov 27, 2016, 00:39(edited)
05/14/16

actually no I am marshall of my league, andhave played this event 3 times now

but let's for arguments sake say that's why I cannot attack,   why is it my fortress can be attacked in under an hour, and I see others out there with 2 hr protection

I sat at WATCHED the timer run out on one fortress  clicked it within 5 seconds and   FORTRESS IS UNDER PROTECTION

adn it's still screwed up that a league ranked 51 can take flags from a league that ranked 299...

right now a league ranked 69 holds  61 tier 2 flags

yeahh  ONE tier 4 league has 61% of ALL the tier 2 flags

few hours into the event and only  7 tier 2 leagues have ANY FLAGS at all

this is the CLASSIC example of stepping over dollars to pickup change

IF the 300 lower leagues didn't have to defend against the top 100 leagues they MIGHT put out some defense and thus troops die and they spend some gems to replace them

and yes that's right, tier 4 & 5 are the leagues  ranked 1 - 100 and tier 3, 2 & 1 (ranked 101 - 400+) have to defend against the top 100

but when a 299th ranked league has to defend against a league ranked 250 places higher,   its dumb to put out defense just to have it smashed IMMEDIATLY

the tourny would be more fun more balanced and therefore more competitive there by MAKING YOU MORE MONEY

you might as well add a note that says,  "this event is for the top 100 leagues and everyone else is just there so they have someone to beat up on"

Nov 27, 2016, 06:1411/27/16
Nov 27, 2016, 06:15(edited)
02/22/15

If anyone in your league had hit the fortress there is a waiting period before any other member in the same league can hit the same fortress, the whole league is bound by the time but just because league A hits your fort that doesn't mean league B has to wait to hit only League A has the waiting period.

So you or your members have to wait to hit back but 50 different leagues may hit you once, I am sure if you look back it wasn't one league hitting you repeatedly but a number of leagues hitting you 1 time per waiting period.

2) Yes I will complain about the time of the event, maybe cycle the start time. If you have one event start at 0:00 UTC make the same event start at 12:00 UTC the next time so all get at least a better chance to involve different members per event. Same should happen with all events

Nov 27, 2016, 10:1111/27/16

Hi !

Let's be clear, if this is implemented, I will definitely quit SF. The weekly raiding/siege tournaments are the only way to get saphires in decent numbers for non-crazy coiners. If you implement that, all the people who have invested months to get market lvl 22 and thief guild lvl 21 to do 100k raids, and made a long list of castles which they can raid for ressources will loose all the advantages they have built up over time. Who cares to have 50k caravans if it does not bring an advantage in the raiding tournament. Your answer above in the thread is far from candid.

Yet another terrible idea...

Regarding the capture the flag championship, if you want to improve it, you have to find a way so that much more leagues can take part. All flags are taken by top 10-50 leagues in few seconds. Afterwards, there is just no point in fighting for them. One solution would be that each league has MANY flags, that are hidden in the league castles. No one knows where, so that you have to raid many castles to find them.

When you do, they are stored in your forteress and can be stolen ONE BY ONE by opponents leagues (with 1 hour freeze between raids). You also have to violently reduce the size of league tiers: 1-10; 11-20; 21-30, etc. and allow only league to gain flags from their own tier and maybe the next one. And it should be much more simpler to find which league is in your tier than now...

This way, you would have a capture the flag tournament in which all could participate, with uncertainty (where are the flags?) so that the tournament is not decided in 5s, with a long-lasting reward for your efforts (with 1 hour freeze, you can loose at most 24 flags per day in your fortress so that you do not loose everyting in the last few hours of the tournament). This would be MUCH more fun.

Alb

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.