Capture the Flag

Capture the Flag

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 28, 2016, 14:0810/28/16
09/17/15

I'd like to pass your feedback about this Tournament once again. Could you please make a list of points you'd like to be changed?

Like:

1)

2)

3)

Please be short and precise, so it could be easier to identify the issue. Thank you in advance 
Oct 28, 2016, 14:1610/28/16
Oct 28, 2016, 14:35(edited)
10/31/14

1. We need more of them,, atleast once per weak

2. We need more of PvP 2X normal, the one that came last week

Oct 28, 2016, 19:0810/28/16
07/02/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I'd like to pass your feedback about this Tournament once again. Could you please make a list of points you'd like to be changed?

Like:

1)

2)

3)

Please be short and precise, so it could be easier to identify the issue. Thank you in advance 

1) it would be nice if there were rewards other than just buffs/ debuffs.

2) if you dont post the start time it will be harder to plan to be on it might help a little for done in 60 seconds (probably not)

Oct 28, 2016, 21:0110/28/16
08/03/14

Like:

1)

2)

3)

points 1), 2), and 3)

dont ever do this tournament again. 
Oct 29, 2016, 13:3310/29/16
03/22/16
I would like to know how a Fortress that was under 24 hour downgrade protection was raided for the Flag successfully within 30 seconds of the Flag Tournament starting and the Fortress downgrade protection was not restored. This is a totally unacceptable destruction of standard Fortress protection for an event most choose not to participate in.
Oct 29, 2016, 14:1610/29/16
Oct 29, 2016, 14:27(edited)
12/13/14

I imagine that plarium are regretting giving us two safe fortress levels, other games only get level 5 so are forced to defend ... but that would not help any flag tournament if it was rolled out across other games and servers. We have massive defense at our Forts/Bastions in other games so nobody dares to attack.
Plarium have created this situation by abandoning Food Production Rules to create infinite unfed armies - You have nobody to blame but yourselves.

I honestly think your experiments to introduce Flags were a failure - the idea might work in 2-3 years time, but the losses would greatly outweigh any benefits offered, so probably not worth trying again.

The only thing that could salvage this type of tournament would be to restore 90% of all losses at the end - so no profit for plarium

Oct 29, 2016, 16:0110/29/16

Snowgoon said:

The only thing that could salvage this type of tournament would be to restore 90% of all losses at the end - so no profit for plarium

.....................................................................................................................................................................

in this scenario, would level zero's be able to participate?  or would zero, 1 and 2 be left out?

p.s.  the not resetting the downgrade protection sounds like an issue,  a bug, or lack of foresight?  should be looked into.

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 30, 2016, 09:5010/30/16
Oct 30, 2016, 09:52(edited)
10/04/13
brunsonthomas said:

I would like to know how a Fortress that was under 24 hour downgrade protection was raided for the Flag successfully within 30 seconds of the Flag Tournament starting and the Fortress downgrade protection was not restored. This is a totally unacceptable destruction of standard Fortress protection for an event most choose not to participate in.
The "downgrade protection" ONLY APPLIES TO DOWNGRADES.  It doesn't prevent someone from attacking your fortress and taking the flag, your fortress just won't go down a level when they do so.  And the downgrade protection timer is only reset when the fortress is successfully downgraded.  Otherwise you could extend it indefinitely by having someone hit your fortress right before it expired. 
Oct 30, 2016, 22:1310/30/16
Oct 30, 2016, 22:27(edited)
08/20/15

Like:

1)  

2)  

3) 

1) You need an opt out button for those leagues that don't wish to participate. If the Marshall opts out, no points/flags gained by the league will count.

2) Take the flags out of the fortress and make it more of a hunt to find them - put them in random places on the map and have them regenerate during the duration of the contest. Have Balur defend them if you are set on having a fight for them.

3) Cancel it completely.

Oct 31, 2016, 02:4710/31/16
Oct 31, 2016, 02:48(edited)
05/14/16

all I know is,  letting higher tiers hit TWO tier below them is horrible

100 leagues now hold aprox 250 of the 300 available flags from tier 2 -  5

tier two will not have a TOP 10    as only 4 leagues have ANY FLAGS

Oct 31, 2016, 03:4710/31/16
12/18/14

I personally do not like this tournament at all

we don't need it and I (along with other Captains in our league) have to get up far to early to commit to being online to ensure we capture flags to be able to counter debuffs if used against us
Oct 31, 2016, 04:2410/31/16
12/17/14

Jezebel said:

I personally do not like this tournament at all

we don't need it and I (along with other Captains in our league) have to get up far to early to commit to being online to ensure we capture flags to be able to counter debuffs if used against us

Yeah - basically they made a "who is in the right timezone" event. It staggers me that: 1) Plarium staff can't see this stuff for themselves 2) When we point it out they go out of their way to stick their heads in the sand and ignore the obvious It leaves you feeling there is no hope.
Oct 31, 2016, 08:3810/31/16
10/31/14

No such things, 

Jezebel time zone is UCT-4, the tournament started at UCT 12:00, so when it started it was already 8 H 00 in the morning for you. I mean 8 in the morning, and you are complaining. 

The is no time zone probelms with these tournament, all is just nag and entitlements. if time is a problem then the same can be said of PvP, BG and harmlet tournament, since people like Jezebel are highly favoured by time, they wake up with tournaments starting and ending. 
Oct 31, 2016, 11:0810/31/16
03/20/14
LOL
Oct 31, 2016, 17:0210/31/16
12/18/14
oracle said:

No such things, 

Jezebel time zone is UCT-4, the tournament started at UCT 12:00, so when it started it was already 8 H 00 in the morning for you. I mean 8 in the morning, and you are complaining. 

The is no time zone probelms with these tournament, all is just nag and entitlements. if time is a problem then the same can be said of PvP, BG and harmlet tournament, since people like Jezebel are highly favoured by time, they wake up with tournaments starting and ending. 
there is more than one time zone in Canada ... 
Oct 31, 2016, 18:0010/31/16
Oct 31, 2016, 18:04(edited)
10/31/14

djmoody said:

Just utterly wrong.

There are 3 major timezones - US, Europe, Asia. 

It's impossible to start a tournament that is fair to all.

The answer is clearly - do not to run tournaments in which all the actions occurs in the first minute.

Why you would want to deny that obvious truth is just beyond me - saddens me you are willing to argue against the good of the player base as a whole to try and "score stupid points" over someone.

Not really a LOL either more of a

''There are 3 major timezones - US, Europe, Asia.  ''

Bare assertion fallacy, there are as many time zone as time itself some extent beyond the tangible space-time reality. you should check out some quantum mechanics, very nice stuff, even if you know the basic like particle-wave duality it will help in making more proper statements. 

''It's impossible to start a tournament that is fair to all''

If it was possible to start a tournament that is fair to all then we would not have a hard core game like plarium. PvP is one such tournament that is focused on the elements of unfairness. A player with a better strategy/activity/army/alliance has more advantage as compared to a player who has less strategy/activity/army/alliance. it's the hard truth of MMO, the hardcore players those with better patience, dedication, Decision making, Background Knowledge ect win 

''do not to run tournaments in which all the actions occurs in the first minute. ''

I am not sure what you mean by that. But I am sure what you meant to say is that plarium should not run tournaments that you can't win, and some can win. I Understand, I have seen it in hamlets, BG and PvP, every tournament start way too late for me to get into the top ten. By the time they start i will be tired.For example most hamlets tournaments are won by sending a massive defense army 5-3 hrs before the tournaments start, and claiming just second after the tournament start, earning massive points in the 1-30K. these few seconds are crucial also to attackers who, quickly attack and wipe out all the defense in there. By the time I check in, all harmlets are emty, and there is no use in defending them, you will be quickly wiped out. I find it unfair, And i also support the players( which include you only) in removing all tournaments because i am too lazy to participate, like you. 

are willing to argue against the good of the player base as a whole to try and "score stupid points" over someone.

I assume that someone is J, well I don't know J, I have never been to Canada, and I have ever eaten or seen snow once, not year round like J. I am just tired of all the nags, and whinnigs, and crying an d shouting. unfair unfair, how unfair? the leagues that won those tournament are in equal standing, they are just better. You lost these time around, then shed your dust, wipe that sadness on your face and move on, for your sake. Next time prepare well, have a better skills, and you will Win. 
Oct 31, 2016, 18:0710/31/16
Oct 31, 2016, 18:52(edited)
10/31/14

Jezebel said:

oracle said:

No such things, 

there is more than one time zone in Canada ... 

very true, indeed, I used the one at 43.6532° N, 79.3832° W , not tangible but will do in these case

Oct 31, 2016, 18:2210/31/16
05/14/16

All tournies have to have a time to start and end. And having rolling times to cover the timezones would wreck havoc.like the lag isn't bad as it is that would kill the servers faster than cup of koolaod in a cult compound. And folks would still prestack. 

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 31, 2016, 18:2310/31/16
10/04/13
oracle said:

No such things, 

Some people like to be sleeping at 8 in the morning on a weekend... :P
Oct 31, 2016, 19:1510/31/16
05/14/16

all I know is this,  time zone or not, when make  leagues  ranked 299  compete with leagues ranked 51  well  guess who's gonna win

I posted last night there were a total of 4 leagues in tier 2 with flags,   today its down to 2

so much for TOP TEN getting rewards

who has all the tier 2 flags?   tier 4 of course   

tier 2   ranked  200 - 299

tier 4  ranked  50 - 99

how on earth is THAT BALANCED??

it was bad enough when you could attack 1 tier below your tier  now its 2 

why not just take all the tier 2 flags and give em to the tier 4s before the game even started

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.