This topic is closed

Capture the Flag

140 Replies
Lady Nerium KT-S2
26 October, 2016, 5:46 AM UTC

I believe that KT will once again be sitting this out.  

For the rest of the people, can you please post the rules again?

I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
Oracle
26 October, 2016, 4:43 PM UTC

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

I believe that KT will once again be sitting this out.  

For the rest of the people, can you please post the rules again?

Not that they had any chance, on both servers KT won't have made it anyhow. 

The tournament is cool, I man is the most reasonable tournament I have ever seen. by look of things it will start at 14 UTC+2, 

so at 13H30 SA time you send orders to stack the fort real high, 13H45 you tell everyone to attack any fort in 500 mil radius, they send spies, hit any trip wire( naturally an archer), they need not send no more than 100 pathfinders, by 14H00 the tournament start and your attacks should be 1-3 min to hit, withing 3 min you won the entire tournament. 

How hard can that be, you need 500 mil defense in you fort, 600 pathfinders to win massive rewards which include debuffs you will use during PvP on Friday. I mean how hard can that be, it only take 3 min to win, no planning, no strategy, no losses. 

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
djmoody
27 October, 2016, 2:28 AM UTC

I was talking to a couple of players from different leagues about the upcoming event.

Lowdown was that you could expect most flags to have gone within 30 seconds of the start of the tournament.

Really - 30 seconds of content. So virtually no1 will participate in this event. Utterly broken as I first posted. Plarium should be ashamed:

1.For introducing something so stupid in the first place (we all make mistakes though)

2 Proceeding to ignore all the feedback and run it for the 3rd time unchanged (indefensible lack of interest in their own games success)

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Stewart
27 October, 2016, 5:34 AM UTC
During the last one i had 3 targets timed to hit 10-15 seconds after it started and i only made it to 1 of them in time to get the flag.
Noodle maker extreme
IronApex Turok
27 October, 2016, 10:00 AM UTC
i doubt Dark Pheonix will be participating either. 
Snowgoon
28 October, 2016, 1:15 PM UTC

Another disgusting performance from our 'top' leagues

Made even more disgusting by plarium's decision to reward them for attacking Class III leagues

No honour or glory to be gained from bullying weak leagues, but games like this actively encourage it

Kabam - http://prnt.sc/d016vv

Untamed - http://prnt.sc/d01fu6

Dark - http://prnt.sc/d01ldc

and most of these flags were taken during the first 5 minutes

Game Over

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
Oracle
28 October, 2016, 2:02 PM UTC
Congratulation to the winners, Only a good league with high activity, can win such a glorious Tournaments, now stuck your fort high. You deserved it. 
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
28 October, 2016, 2:08 PM UTC

I'd like to pass your feedback about this Tournament once again. Could you please make a list of points you'd like to be changed?

Like:

1)

2)

3)

Please be short and precise, so it could be easier to identify the issue. Thank you in advance 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
Oracle
28 October, 2016, 2:16 PM UTC

1. We need more of them,, atleast once per weak

2. We need more of PvP 2X normal, the one that came last week

FAILO
28 October, 2016, 7:08 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I'd like to pass your feedback about this Tournament once again. Could you please make a list of points you'd like to be changed?

Like:

1)

2)

3)

Please be short and precise, so it could be easier to identify the issue. Thank you in advance 

1) it would be nice if there were rewards other than just buffs/ debuffs.

2) if you dont post the start time it will be harder to plan to be on it might help a little for done in 60 seconds (probably not)

IronApex Turok
28 October, 2016, 9:01 PM UTC

Like:

1)

2)

3)

points 1), 2), and 3)

dont ever do this tournament again. 
djmoody
29 October, 2016, 10:54 AM UTC

Like:

1)

2)

3)

Don't run the tournament again until you fix it, preferably start from scratch on a new event. (i.e. what most contributors already asked for).

Current format is doomed without massive revamp. Fortresses are either massively stacked to be unattackable or are empty. Building an event around that was always going to fail.

I already provided an extensive suggestion regarding flags being available at special BG's so that there was something to capture all through the event. Re-read that, if you need ideas.

Really you need to drive some PvE content rather than trying to get troops killed by PvP to make money. If you take the money goggles off maybe you'll make a half decent event with some brand new content to the game (hamlets for settlements was only new content in 3yrs and that was a mistake anyway).

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
brunsonthomas
29 October, 2016, 1:33 PM UTC
I would like to know how a Fortress that was under 24 hour downgrade protection was raided for the Flag successfully within 30 seconds of the Flag Tournament starting and the Fortress downgrade protection was not restored. This is a totally unacceptable destruction of standard Fortress protection for an event most choose not to participate in.
Snowgoon
29 October, 2016, 2:16 PM UTC

I imagine that plarium are regretting giving us two safe fortress levels, other games only get level 5 so are forced to defend ... but that would not help any flag tournament if it was rolled out across other games and servers. We have massive defense at our Forts/Bastions in other games so nobody dares to attack.
Plarium have created this situation by abandoning Food Production Rules to create infinite unfed armies - You have nobody to blame but yourselves.

I honestly think your experiments to introduce Flags were a failure - the idea might work in 2-3 years time, but the losses would greatly outweigh any benefits offered, so probably not worth trying again.

The only thing that could salvage this type of tournament would be to restore 90% of all losses at the end - so no profit for plarium

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
nobody
29 October, 2016, 4:01 PM UTC

Snowgoon said:

The only thing that could salvage this type of tournament would be to restore 90% of all losses at the end - so no profit for plarium

.....................................................................................................................................................................

in this scenario, would level zero's be able to participate?  or would zero, 1 and 2 be left out?

p.s.  the not resetting the downgrade protection sounds like an issue,  a bug, or lack of foresight?  should be looked into.

BiohazarD
30 October, 2016, 9:50 AM UTC
brunsonthomas said:

I would like to know how a Fortress that was under 24 hour downgrade protection was raided for the Flag successfully within 30 seconds of the Flag Tournament starting and the Fortress downgrade protection was not restored. This is a totally unacceptable destruction of standard Fortress protection for an event most choose not to participate in.
The "downgrade protection" ONLY APPLIES TO DOWNGRADES.  It doesn't prevent someone from attacking your fortress and taking the flag, your fortress just won't go down a level when they do so.  And the downgrade protection timer is only reset when the fortress is successfully downgraded.  Otherwise you could extend it indefinitely by having someone hit your fortress right before it expired. 
Lady Nerium KT-S2
30 October, 2016, 10:13 PM UTC

Like:

1)  

2)  

3) 

1) You need an opt out button for those leagues that don't wish to participate. If the Marshall opts out, no points/flags gained by the league will count.

2) Take the flags out of the fortress and make it more of a hunt to find them - put them in random places on the map and have them regenerate during the duration of the contest. Have Balur defend them if you are set on having a fight for them.

3) Cancel it completely.

I think, therefore I game.
Sir_bit_yakin
31 October, 2016, 2:47 AM UTC

all I know is,  letting higher tiers hit TWO tier below them is horrible

100 leagues now hold aprox 250 of the 300 available flags from tier 2 -  5

tier two will not have a TOP 10    as only 4 leagues have ANY FLAGS

Jezebel
31 October, 2016, 3:47 AM UTC

I personally do not like this tournament at all

we don't need it and I (along with other Captains in our league) have to get up far to early to commit to being online to ensure we capture flags to be able to counter debuffs if used against us
legendslord
31 October, 2016, 4:24 AM UTC

Jezebel said:

I personally do not like this tournament at all

we don't need it and I (along with other Captains in our league) have to get up far to early to commit to being online to ensure we capture flags to be able to counter debuffs if used against us

Yeah - basically they made a "who is in the right timezone" event. It staggers me that: 1) Plarium staff can't see this stuff for themselves 2) When we point it out they go out of their way to stick their heads in the sand and ignore the obvious It leaves you feeling there is no hope.
1723578 users registered; 42993 topics; 270749 posts; our newest member:il.y.a