Capture the Flag

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 15, 2016, 09:4208/15/16
09/17/15
Fortuneteller said:

Lord Stojanovic, but I'm not sure :-) if you could disclose the level range for tiers that would help a lot to decide if I should file a ticket or not. 

You're 1 Tier below them.
Aug 15, 2016, 09:4908/15/16
09/17/15

djmoody said:

djmoody said:

So did anyone lose any serious troops on this event? (been on holiday for a week).

I am guessing this event mainly went down as a collect flags from undefended fortesses OCD and that whoever was lucky enough to have the event launch on their timezone got an unassailable initial lead.

Having caught up with everyone this is exactly how the event went down.

And with force limit on fortresses, once the flags were captured there was nothing anyone could do to capture or further influence the event. 

An utterly flawed event, handing out hugely significant boosts in a random way, for very little work or achievement. Lets hope this doesn't hugely upset the game balance in the next week. Several years of game-play could be damaged in one ill-conceived event. That will be a horrendous outcome.

DO NOT run this event again as is.

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass it to our developers. 

To all:

How do you think, if we removed Attack Limits on Fortresses during the event, would it help Leagues to fight back, influence the event, etc?

Aug 15, 2016, 09:5808/15/16
08/03/14
how would increases the attack help with fighting back?
Aug 15, 2016, 13:2308/15/16
Aug 15, 2016, 13:29(edited)
12/13/14

Why would anyone ever want to attack a well defended fortress? The whole idea of raising the attack limit is insane

What we need is a better way to DEFEND our forts otherwise they will remain empty forever

This is what happened when 3 idiots decided to attack our fort - http://prntscr.com/c5yvsj

They lost heavily, but so did we

Because of this attack I was finally able to convince my league to pull ALL defense from the fort, never to return.

Epic battles do not create an epic wargame - it just causes epic losses for everyone

This is NOT the definition of Hardcore MMO
Aug 15, 2016, 14:1908/15/16
07/25/15

Tony Hobson said:

Epic battles do not create an epic wargame - it just causes epic losses for everyone

This is NOT the definition of Hardcore MMO

well, a game isnt hardcore because it hit you hard in the wallet if you want to be competive. and that is what Stormfall does. It doesn't offer a hardcore game based on grind, time and effort either, because sitting around waiting for things to complete is not hardcore its just waiting which is boring. 

Aug 16, 2016, 14:0908/16/16
09/17/15
Thank you all. I have passed your feedback and ideas regarding this Tournament to our devs.
Aug 21, 2016, 20:0208/21/16
08/03/14

Nemanja said:

Lord Turok,

fortress level's are only small part of leagues rankings cause beacons, territory, completed tasks and achieved improvements are upgrading tier's much more :)

a level 8 fortress provides 153k worth of influence points.  the only way to get that amount of points is by taking on multiple beacons in high territory areas. 

So for those with few to no beacons, Fortress makes up a significant portion of their ranking points. 
Aug 22, 2016, 09:0308/22/16
09/17/15
IronApex Turok said:

a level 8 fortress provides 153k worth of influence points.  the only way to get that amount of points is by taking on multiple beacons in high territory areas. 

So for those with few to no beacons, Fortress makes up a significant portion of their ranking points. 
You're right. Many players were asking us to add something for those who can't capture the Beacons. And the Fortress is that kind of feature. It's free to build, could be free to upgrade if you succeed in Tournaments and Missions, and it has 2 safe levels which don't require any Units to protect. 
Aug 23, 2016, 23:5608/23/16
Aug 23, 2016, 23:57(edited)
06/22/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

IronApex Turok said:

You're right. Many players were asking us to add something for those who can't capture the Beacons. And the Fortress is that kind of feature. It's free to build, could be free to upgrade if you succeed in Tournaments and Missions, and it has 2 safe levels which don't require any Units to protect. 

You really like to play words game. While you win, only.

You claim that you made fortress for those who can't have beacon. Did you? It seems that you made fortress for every league not just for those who can't have beacon, because, as opposite, you will disabled effects of fortress for those who have beacon(s).

So you DIDN'T make anything for smaller leagues, but made another point where differences are obvious. Beacons as only beacons are free, and leveling up is free, too. For most of fortress leveling up is possible only for sapps, specially if you are smaller league. With no benefit compared to the bigger leagues.

I'm not talking about fortress, whether it is justified that they exist, I'm talking about your mantra about gesture towards small leagues, and your good will to help smaller leagues. Please don't help us more, we're more OK yesterday than today, than we will be tomorrow.

Aug 24, 2016, 06:3808/24/16
08/03/14

IronApex Turok said:

it also puts those small weak leagues in the top tiers for other tournaments. so....did you really help them?

Aug 24, 2016, 16:0208/24/16
Aug 24, 2016, 16:05(edited)
12/13/14

Too many smaller leagues built their fortress with no idea how much it was going to cost to upgrade, so they ended up with level zero fort and absolutely no benefit - What are you offering these leagues?

.... or maybe you should muzzle the big leagues who love to play whack-a-mole with weak forts - give level zero to level 3 permanent protection.

Help weak leagues to grow and you will earn our respect for a change
Aug 25, 2016, 07:5408/25/16
09/17/15
Snowgoon said:

Too many smaller leagues built their fortress with no idea how much it was going to cost to upgrade, so they ended up with level zero fort and absolutely no benefit - What are you offering these leagues?

.... or maybe you should muzzle the big leagues who love to play whack-a-mole with weak forts - give level zero to level 3 permanent protection.

Help weak leagues to grow and you will earn our respect for a change
They can collect the necessary Resources in Tournaments.
Oct 24, 2016, 20:2310/24/16
12/13/14

Another Flag Tournament for Halloween?

What changes have been made to improve this tournament?

Let me guess ....... none?
Oct 26, 2016, 03:3410/26/16
Oct 26, 2016, 03:37(edited)
05/14/16

Well. sounds like a fun game !

Lots of losses and no gains.

No reason to play it, our fort will remain undefended at our safe zone. Let the hurricane of losses pass through for other people.And for those who really want to see this work. why not make it a volunteer program. Since not everyone is interested.

Enjoy !
Oct 26, 2016, 05:4610/26/16
08/20/15

I believe that KT will once again be sitting this out.  

For the rest of the people, can you please post the rules again?

Oct 26, 2016, 16:4310/26/16
10/31/14

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

I believe that KT will once again be sitting this out.  

For the rest of the people, can you please post the rules again?

Not that they had any chance, on both servers KT won't have made it anyhow. 

The tournament is cool, I man is the most reasonable tournament I have ever seen. by look of things it will start at 14 UTC+2, 

so at 13H30 SA time you send orders to stack the fort real high, 13H45 you tell everyone to attack any fort in 500 mil radius, they send spies, hit any trip wire( naturally an archer), they need not send no more than 100 pathfinders, by 14H00 the tournament start and your attacks should be 1-3 min to hit, withing 3 min you won the entire tournament. 

How hard can that be, you need 500 mil defense in you fort, 600 pathfinders to win massive rewards which include debuffs you will use during PvP on Friday. I mean how hard can that be, it only take 3 min to win, no planning, no strategy, no losses. 

Oct 27, 2016, 05:3410/27/16
03/20/14
During the last one i had 3 targets timed to hit 10-15 seconds after it started and i only made it to 1 of them in time to get the flag.
Oct 27, 2016, 10:0010/27/16
08/03/14
i doubt Dark Pheonix will be participating either. 
Oct 28, 2016, 13:1510/28/16
Oct 28, 2016, 13:35(edited)
12/13/14

Another disgusting performance from our 'top' leagues

Made even more disgusting by plarium's decision to reward them for attacking Class III leagues

No honour or glory to be gained from bullying weak leagues, but games like this actively encourage it

Kabam - http://prnt.sc/d016vv

Untamed - http://prnt.sc/d01fu6

Dark - http://prnt.sc/d01ldc

and most of these flags were taken during the first 5 minutes

Game Over

Oct 28, 2016, 14:0210/28/16
10/31/14
Congratulation to the winners, Only a good league with high activity, can win such a glorious Tournaments, now stuck your fort high. You deserved it. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.