All Categories

Market Soundbite Discussion

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 7, 2016, 17:0008/07/16

So... can we have a serious talk about the market's soundbite? I tried looking for any other post about this, but was surprised to find I may be the only one to bring this up. I don't know about you guys, but the sound bite is pretty offensive to me. Like come on, it sounds like a stereotyped misrepresentation of the Middle East. It is incoherent gibberish that pulls influence from common outdated misinterpretations of the region. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 7, 2016, 17:2908/07/16
03/22/16
Saddness said:

So... can we have a serious talk about the market's soundbite? I tried looking for any other post about this, but was surprised to find I may be the only one to bring this up. I don't know about you guys, but the sound bite is pretty offensive to me. Like come on, it sounds like a stereotyped misrepresentation of the Middle East. It is incoherent gibberish that pulls influence from common outdated misinterpretations of the region. 

If this sound byte offends you, please send a replacement sound byte in Suggestions and Feedback.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 8, 2016, 09:2708/08/16
09/17/15
Could you please tell me what is that sound? Probably you could turn it off in your settings?
Aug 8, 2016, 22:1808/08/16
08/03/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Could you please tell me what is that sound? Probably you could turn it off in your settings?

thats like saying "if you dont want to be called ni**er, dont listen to white people talk"

that was a very insensitive response to a players statement. i think you may need some sensitivity training to correctly perform your job. If you were one of my employees i would have fired you long, long ago or relegated you to some position that has NO customer interaction. 
Aug 9, 2016, 11:1408/09/16
09/17/15
IronApex Turok said:

thats like saying "if you dont want to be called ni**er, dont listen to white people talk"

that was a very insensitive response to a players statement. i think you may need some sensitivity training to correctly perform your job. If you were one of my employees i would have fired you long, long ago or relegated you to some position that has NO customer interaction. 
Why do you feel so pessimistic? Maybe you have some issues which I could help you with?
Aug 9, 2016, 17:3308/09/16
Aug 10, 2016, 07:48(edited)
07/25/15
IronApex Turok said:

IronApex Turok said:

Why do you feel so pessimistic? Maybe you have some issues which I could help you with?
you could 
Its rather rude to ask people to quit their job aint it? 
Aug 9, 2016, 20:3608/09/16
08/06/16
I think it implies wealth and a healthy/busy market environment. Not sure why such thing would offend you.
Aug 10, 2016, 19:2708/10/16
08/03/14

Gadheras said:

IronApex Turok said:

IronApex Turok said:

you could 

not if they are terrible at it.  ive offered suggestion to her, encouraged her to speak with more respect for months. 

are we not the clients here?  if i am not happy with my representative, i have a right to voice it. 
Aug 10, 2016, 22:2808/10/16
07/25/15

IronApex Turok said:

Gadheras said:

IronApex Turok said:

IronApex Turok said:

you could 

not if they are terrible at it.  ive offered suggestion to her, encouraged her to speak with more respect for months. 

are we not the clients here?  if i am not happy with my representative, i have a right to voice it. 

Well Plarium pay her wages, the players does it more indirect by spending on the game so Plarium can pay their wages. last time I checked, players got no control over who work at plarium or not. And she is not our represantative, she is Plariums.  If you want a represantative from the players. Start rally the players, get them to sign lists, and make a unison voice that actually got some inpact. Its what make unions so strong after all -)

Aug 11, 2016, 05:5108/11/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:46(edited)
11/05/14
I guess I'll try to think of something to suggest for a new soundbite... despite it not really being my job... I do agree that me hearing it isn't really the problem, and that muting it isn't really a good solution. Not sure I would have escalated it to this heated of a discussion, but it's comforting to see that I'm not the only one who saw the potential issue.
Aug 11, 2016, 07:1508/11/16
09/17/15

Saddness said:

I guess I'll try to think of something to suggest for a new soundbite... despite it not really being my job... I do agree that me hearing it isn't really the problem, and that muting it isn't really a good solution. Not sure I would have escalated it to this heated of a discussion, but it's comforting to see that I'm not the only one who saw the potential issue.

What soundbite are you referring to? Background music or some specific sound of action/notification/etc?

Aug 11, 2016, 17:4408/11/16
08/03/14
Gadheras said:

. Start rally the players, get them to sign lists, and make a unison voice that actually got some inpact. Its what make unions so strong after all -)

lol, thats against forum rules. i got banned for that last time. 
Aug 11, 2016, 23:3308/11/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:46(edited)
11/05/14
The specific soundbite is the one that plays when you open the regular market interface. To distinguish, I am not talking about the black market, but the normal one with the caravans, and resource/scroll trading. if you read my original description that I provided in my initial post, it should help you distinguish further.