All Categories

High Pressure Sale Pitch

High Pressure Sale Pitch

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 29, 2016, 16:3507/29/16
07/10/14

High Pressure Sale Pitch

The 50% item is going to get plenty of rage posts.

This thread is to explore a slighly different angle of the offer which should attract just as much rage - high pressure sales tactics.

The item is a show stopping game unbalancing boost. Plarium hope we will all buy it through simple fear that our enemies are buying it and we need to do the same to keep up. it's horrible exploitation we know that much already.

But the sale is also on for a limited time of 7 days. This is to add added fear that if you don't buy now you may never have the chance again and will be permanently at a massive disadvantage. The aim to tilt you to not thinking rationally about your spending but to buy in panic, haste and fear.

We are entrusting our hobbies to Plarium. They return the honour by conducting physiological warfare with us.

If you continue to treat your players in this cynical and utterly greedy short term way YOU WON'T HAVE ANY LEFT SOON. I can promise you there will be no long term loyalty to your brand for sure. 

Most long term players (you know the ones that are heavily "time" invested in the game and therefore make up a high proportion of your spender) are close to quitting already. For the love of the game don't do things to push them over the edge.

Stop treating us like **** on your shoe. We are people, we are your customers, we should be cherished and valued.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 29, 2016, 16:5307/29/16
03/22/16
djmoody said:

This thread is to explore a slighly different angle of the offer which should engender just attract just as much rage - high pressure sales tactics.

The item is a show stopping game unbalancing boost. Plarium hope we will all buy it through simple fear that our enemies are buying it and we need to do the same to keep up. it's horrible exploitation we know that much already.

But the sale is also on for a limited time of 7 days. This is to add added fear that if you don't buy now you may never have the chance again and will be permanently at a massive disadvantage. The aim to tilt you to not thing rationally about your spending but to buy in panic, haste and fear.

We are entrusting our hobbies to Plarium. They return the honour by conducting physiological warfare with us.

If you continue to treat your players in this cynical and utterly greedy short term way YOU WON'T HAVE ANY LEFT SOON. I can promise you there will be no long term loyalty to your brand for sure. 

Most long term players (you know the ones that are heavily "time" invested in the game and therefore make up a high proportion of your spender) are close to quitting already. For the love of the game don't do things to push them over the edge.

Stop treating us like **** on your shoe. We are people, we are your customers, we should be cherished and valued.

Please watch your language. I edited rather than deleting your post. You are entitled to your opinion.
Jul 29, 2016, 17:1407/29/16
Jul 29, 2016, 17:17(edited)
07/25/15

brunsonthomas said:

djmoody said:

This thread is to explore a slighly different angle of the offer which should engender just attract just as much rage - high pressure sales tactics.

But the sale is also on for a limited time of 7 days. This is to add added fear that if you don't buy now you may never have the chance again and will be permanently at a massive disadvantage. The aim to tilt you to not thing rationally about your spending but to buy in panic, haste and fear.

Please watch your language. I edited rather than deleting your post. You are entitled to your opinion.

Lets just say there is many of us that share that opinion at current time. From my experience with other games in the past. Such things happens when a game is in its final stages, and the publisher trying to milk as much as possible before end of days. I know its harsh words, but it sort of feel like abuse and extortion of the players (customers). 

Jul 29, 2016, 17:4407/29/16
Jul 29, 2016, 17:58(edited)
02/24/15

any moderator can give us an answer at the question- why in a f2p game are items like this one- 50% of and def for 7 days who can be bought only with real money? 

In a f2p game is supposed- any player can have acces at any item in the game - based on resource or ingame curency
Jul 29, 2016, 17:5407/29/16
ion said:

any moderator can give us an answer at the question- why in a f2p game are items like this one- 50% of and def for 7 days who can be bought only with real money? 
"only with real money" that is one of the problems.  why not enable using game resources as well?  especially something like building your castle walls.  i play this game as an rpg, one thing in that is building my castle, yet, i cannot build those walls with game resources.
Jul 29, 2016, 18:0007/29/16
03/22/16

johanrayne said:

ion said:

"only with real money" that is one of the problems.  why not enable using game resources as well?  especially something like building your castle walls.  i play this game as an rpg, one thing in that is building my castle, yet, i cannot build those walls with game resources.

I would suspect it being a test case. Several suggestions were made to increase offense or defense. This is to see how many will actually buy such a thing.

Jul 29, 2016, 18:0907/29/16
Jul 29, 2016, 18:12(edited)

whether it is a test or permanent doesn't have any bearing on my point.

my point was simply why offer items as cash only?

my point was why not offer items for game resources such as building a wall costs x/x/x in game resources, rather than cash only?

for the most part, sapphires are cash bought,  not game resources
Jul 29, 2016, 18:1507/29/16
Jul 29, 2016, 18:20(edited)
02/24/15

brunsonthomas said:

johanrayne said:

ion said:

I would suspect it being a test case. Several suggestions were made to increase offense or defense. This is to see how many will actually buy such a thing.

who made these suggestions ? And where in this forum ?

But, if the item is just for testing- test it , but with ingame curency not with real money- somewhere are f2players who cant afford this or dont want to pay from their wallets

In the game are 2 items- based on sapphires and soulstones- who can increase of and def of the units with 20% ,and 10% ,why to add another one ?
Jul 29, 2016, 18:5407/29/16
07/25/15

I guess things might get suggested for one of the other Plarium games on their respective forums. And might end up in Stormfall as part of colateral damage.

Jul 29, 2016, 19:2507/29/16

lords and ladies 

thank you for your feedback 

i think what brunsonthomas meant is that the whole thing is brand new so since this is the first time plarium will look closely into players feedback 

and how many do actually buy it

this item can cover for several suggestions 

- decrease troops build time

-increase off and def stats

-faster recovery after losses 

(i know the first and last are not direct but think about it)

Jul 29, 2016, 19:3907/29/16
02/24/15
exxxe said:

lords and ladies 

i think what brunsonthomas meant is that the whole thing is brand new so since this is the first time plarium will look closely into players feedback 

wherever , but with real money? Again , the item is not available for anyone and should be in a f2p game
Jul 29, 2016, 19:4207/29/16
Jul 29, 2016, 20:14(edited)

i don't see that it has anything to do with build time, there are already time boosts for that.  and the infirmary gets troops back after an attack, hopefully at 75% discount

it increases defense and offense by 50%, this does no good for a player with 200k defense. for them to spend 10 usd for the 50% bonus would be just wrong.

now a player who has 20m offense, purchased with cash, paying 10 usd to increase that offense to 30m is a bargain for them.

sapphires and time boosts increase troops and troops can be purchased using sapphires.  but a player who is already spending hundreds or thousands of dollars already, has just been given a huge gift.

but cool, now that one player, can now take out all of kt's dark towers by himself, and plarium can sing his praises as a great player.
Jul 29, 2016, 19:5607/29/16
Jul 29, 2016, 19:57(edited)
08/03/14

exxxe said:

lords and ladies 

what a load of crap.

it doesnt matter how many airplane noises you make while trying to spoon feed us, its still a load of crap and no one here is willing to swallow it. 

Jul 29, 2016, 20:0607/29/16
07/25/15

IronApex Turok said:

exxxe said:

lords and ladies 

what a load of crap.

it doesnt matter how many airplane noises you make while trying to spoon feed us, its still a load of crap and no one here is willing to swallow it. 

Jul 29, 2016, 21:4307/29/16
Jul 29, 2016, 22:13(edited)

IronApex Turok said:

exxxe said:

lords and ladies 

what a load of crap.

all i said was to clarify brunsonthomas meaning and to answer what suggestions it might served 

(it is my opinion and thoughts that the item does have influence and effect on several aspects you just have to look in different perspectives)

example:-

-troops build time 

i need to attack a player with 3 mil off i need 6 days to build such an army or just build 2 mill and buy the item that will consume 4 days

(just an example dont pay attention to the time lol)

again it was my opinion and it was to clarify you dont have to swallow anything

Jul 29, 2016, 22:3007/29/16
02/24/15

actually, this item dont cover any suggestion from players, no one suggested an item who can be bought only with money, in fact most of items sapphire based were never asked by players (or suggested) cause any experienced player know these items are breaking the balance in the game. 

Jul 30, 2016, 00:0207/30/16
06/22/14

Mods,

we don't need your opinions, because we have own, usually better than yours.

We need your knowledge. If you don't have knowledge, keep doing your base job: hide yourself after every deleting posts about truth.

Stop spoiling this forum with wrong conclusions.
Jul 30, 2016, 00:1507/30/16
08/03/14
exxxe said:

airplane noises

Jul 30, 2016, 00:3407/30/16

Think the best (only) thing that  can be done is to boycott this item and encourage friends league members etc to do the same.  Posting negative comments here will just be ignored if the $$$ roll in.

Funny i asked to have an additional lost art discovery available..to b able to update two arts at the same time(about a month ago) and was told not gonna happen (and there is it with $$$ packs).
Jul 30, 2016, 01:5807/30/16
12/13/14

.......... or grandmother

Jul 30, 2016, 17:4107/30/16
01/11/16
I think its great ideal! For the chance for people to spend money on something for developers to study us. What wonderful company!