All Categories

New Item BS

New Item BS

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 29, 2016, 13:5307/29/16
07/10/14

New Item BS

People have flooded the forums with grievances about how unbalanced the game is and Plarium's answer is to unbalance it even further with an uber coining item that increases offence and defence by 50%.

As a player base we have been telling you how the level of unbalance is killing the game for us.

Anyone in a position of seniority in a major league knows that activity in the game is beginning to significantly decline. The last year of cynical updates is taking it's toll.

For the love of god start listening to us. You are making a game we don't want to play. Faith in Plarium as anything but an evil money grabbing corporation is at an all time low. This definitely isn't good for us. The crying shame is it can't be good for you either.

People are clinging on to continuing to play, solely because of the time and effort they have sunk into the game. It is difficult to just walk away. But update like this pushes another group of people over the edge and they leave. Slowly but surely you are killing the game.

And be sure, the cynical way this game has been managed over the last year, when people leave they aren't just quitting this game they are quitting Plarium for ever. This is horrible for your long term future.

It costs you a huge amount of money to attract people to your titles. Having spent all that marketing you then treat them so badly while they are here that they leave with nothing but bad feeling and regret for entrusting you with their hobbies and free time. Surely even the most cynical short term CEO has got to realise that is a bankrupt long term business plan.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 29, 2016, 15:2907/29/16
Jul 29, 2016, 16:41(edited)

exactly,  there is absolutely no reason for me to spend 3 to 4 hrs a day building an army.  i already can't defend against coin players or that 3 to 4 hrs a day is wiped out in 1 or 2 raids.  and now coin players get an even larger advantage.  i simply play this game as an rpg, but, there is no reason to continue to build.  the numbers i am inflating are useless.

i understand that as a non coin player that my only purpose in this game is as fodder for coin players. this is by design.  i still play as an rpg.  i cannot waste time playing a game that is not designed for me but for those in which i am fodder.

also the constant stance by help and support that, THERE ARE NO TECHNICAL ISSUES, makes the game worthless to play.

it will take a month to get rid of my que's, then no other reason to login other than to get rid of resources.  because the only way to play this game is with the scorched earth technique.

Jul 29, 2016, 15:3807/29/16
Jul 29, 2016, 16:41(edited)

and as i went back to the game. a bunch of "you just spied" messages popped up. this is one of the biggest NON TECHNICAL ISSUE problems.

every message and every returned troop changes the amounts you are attempting to send at this time.  whether it be on the market or sending a raid or BUYING BACK DEAD TROOPS AFTER DEFENDING AGAINST A COIN PLAYER, the amount changes.  such as a spy returns or you get a message and instead of buying back arch angels, you end up buying back thousands of nomads, because the info changes while you are pressing the final command
Jul 30, 2016, 02:2307/30/16
03/20/14

johanrayne said:

and as i went back to the game. a bunch of "you just spied" messages popped up. this is one of the biggest NON TECHNICAL ISSUE problems.

every message and every returned troop changes the amounts you are attempting to send at this time.  whether it be on the market or sending a raid or BUYING BACK DEAD TROOPS AFTER DEFENDING AGAINST A COIN PLAYER, the amount changes.  such as a spy returns or you get a message and instead of buying back arch angels, you end up buying back thousands of nomads, because the info changes while you are pressing the final command

If its this then turn it off

http://prnt.sc/bzbfu3

http://prnt.sc/bzbgn2

http://prnt.sc/bzbhc8

Jul 30, 2016, 04:3307/30/16
Jul 30, 2016, 04:34(edited)

ty, i turned those off. 

the entire issue isn't necessarily with the reports tho.  the actions themselves change the amounts or positions of selections. such as troops getting back, raids hitting, and spies hitting.  and waiting for spies to stop hitting isn't always convenient.  i don't send out 100 to 150 spy missions at a time anymore, but when i did, many times the spies would hit or return 3 to 10 seconds apart for long periods of time.  during those times even putting carts on the market was irritating.  plus murphy's law, stuff just happens at the exact wrong time.

your info was helpful, at least it won't happen by getting those messages.

thank you
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 1, 2016, 10:2008/01/16
09/17/15
I will pass your feedback to our developers. Thank you.
Sep 15, 2016, 07:3509/15/16
Sep 15, 2016, 07:40(edited)

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I will pass your feedback to our developers. Thank you.

Bump

I know Plarium has no plans of removing the 50% increase to off/def buff that you can buy but i think there should be a limit on how many a individual can use or buy per month/year otherwise this game literally comes down to who has the biggest bank account not the player who has the most knowledge/experience & strategic skills.

More importantly this is another update that will heavily inflict f2p players & smaller leagues trying to grow. The scales have been unbalanced even more & even though i KNOW this buff brings in Plarium a lot of dosh i think it should at least be controlled/regulated if not removed for certain peroids of time at least forcing players to be strategic about when they use them.

As you can see within the last few months of this buff being introduced many leagues beacons have been wiped out & leagues themselves, a lot of smaller leagues but big ones too where as before this buff being introduced would not of been possible and it only relies upon who has the biggest bank account. Now my main concern is not that i cannot compete personally with this huge players its my concern for the future integrity of the game.

Not only has the buff update destroyed a lot of leagues hard work & leagues themselves but has also the potential to destroy the game. Overtime this buff will drive out a lot of players & as you can see at the moment big & smaller leagues are being forced into forming super leagues just to compete and survive. Which in turn forces out smaller leagues who arent in the super circle & new players who just cant compete

Although income may be high the integrity and future of this game is on very shaky ground at the moment and the next few months may make or break this game very much depending on the future updates implement and the path that Plarium chooses to take. I've said many times this game has the potential to be twice the size it is now in popularity & activity and in turn solid monthly profitable income. But im not in charge so please i want Plarium staff & developers etc to sit down and have a serious look at the impacts of this 50% buff update and other updates in the last few months have had on the integrity of the game, not the income. Because im seriously worried about the future of this game.

I couldn't care less about how big leagues have gotten or players from these im more worried about the impact it has on the rest of the server & in turn these big players & big leagues in the long run. Im not knocking them either, they are competitors and you have forced them into those corners with updates such as DJmoody is addressing, a big reason why his league lost so many beacons was because of the new 50% buff updates & fortress tourny rewards that was introduced the last few months & they are one of the oldest leagues on the server & experienced. I'm not affiliated with the league but even you can respect what they had built & a lot of it (no offense DJ) was ruined because of these updates, although they are standing tall after the mayhem, big kudos to them for that :)

I can only type so much Alyona before i give up & i know you can only refer things like these to the developers but if you can at least express your own concerns on behalf of us i think that'd make them take serious notice for once.